Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice (23952 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? / Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Then he has issues with selective 'westernization'. What prompted the issue of you washing alone since you both wash together?

How far are you gone in the relationship?

Is he the type of man who believes a husband should not do chores? Notice I said husband meaning what he does now is irrelevant.
Expecting your answers.
anyways Hes lovely and Good in every aspect, i do stock up hes fridge with different meals and hes always there to help me with one thing or the other, sometimes i wonder if hes helping me out jst cos of we are still dating and all, you know the say pple true character manifest it self in marriage, and this the first time we washed together although ve washes the whole of hes cloth all alone unaided, hes good jst that i notice hes a bit rigid when it comes to this washin cloth aspect, Hes really Kinf hearted
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Elesta:

Whoever you are, you too make sense oh.my own former stupid boyfy wanted me to suck his dick by force.c me c something.I told him I don't like it but e con dey vex.imagine.dt was a red flag for me
grin grin grin grin... Good you ran, don't allow anybody push you into doing what you don't want. ...

But you may need to learn it for marriage sake wink cheesy
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
anyways Hes lovely and Good in every aspect, i do stock up hes fridge with different meals and hes always there to help me with one thing or the other, sometimes i wonder if hes helping me out jst cos of we are still dating and all, you know the say pple true character manifest it self in marriage, and this the first time we washed together although ve washes the whole of hes cloth all alone unaided, hes good jst that i notice h

es a bit rigid when it comes to this washin cloth aspect, Hes really Kinf hearted

Then you have a task ahead of you

That he is kind hearted is generic: you need to know what his values are and decide if they align with yours or not. Get to know who the real him is.

It is strange he is open to other things but refer to washing machine as 'western'. That should be a flag and you need to find out other things he considers 'western'

It is all good

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tnx ure lovely
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
my dear by your comment that wht you mean, btw tnx for your comment
...ma'am,if you say so,but my opinion is just mine only..
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by rigarmortis: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Longstride:

I guess your mom is a 'good girl' to your dad huh?

Nope..

My mum is actually a bad girl, but your mom......very good girl.

She and your lovely sis both gave me head to see if two heads are better than one.

For the record....؛...................

It was.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Longstride: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
rigarmortis:

Nope..

My mum is actually a bad girl, but your mom......very good girl.

She and your lovely sis both gave me head to see if two heads are better than one.

For the record....؛...................

It was.

okay.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
MarvellousGod:
grin grin grin grin... Good you ran, don't allow anybody push you into doing what you don't want. ...

But you may need to learn it for marriage sake wink cheesy

If its marriage,fine,me n my hubby go negotiate. Not a boyfy dt hasn't done anything
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by rigarmortis: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Longstride:

okay.

Yeah, she did, your mom was very good to me, but could be better if she had shaved, her hair almost tore the condom.

Cant risk diving unprotected with the kinda rep your mom has got, you know?................keep the good work of pimping her up. Say hi to your sis.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by holatin(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
fem29:

As if being single is a sin sad
sin kee abi d right tin
smh
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
Tnx ure lovely

You are welcome cheesy

All the best
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
holatin:
sin kee abi d right tin
smh

Ermmm , what's the translation of this in English
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by holatin(m): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
fem29:

Ermmm , what's the translation of this in English
let me phone a friend
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by okotv(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
bukatyne:

You are welcome cheesy

All the best
I told you...

you are the best
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
okotv:
I told you...

you are the best

LOL!

Thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Weah96: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Depends on whether the clothes are washed by hand or machine.

If you wash by hand, then you're a big fo.ol. A grown man should be able to wash his own clothes without asking his wife to mess up her hands with laundry soap.

However, if all you have to do is sort the clothes and throw them into a machine, then may God punish you for complaining.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:
@OP my advice to you is simple. Upgrade and start dating a guy that has a Washing machine/dryer and also a dish washer, so you don't have to do anything. I am sure you don't like cooking too right?date a guy that loves cooking and or his mother brings him food for it to be refrigerated.

Just curious about you, so my question to you is that WHAT EXACTLY do you women think you even bring into a relationship?any relationship?your minds are fixated on marriages and how to hook a guy alone. But, when it comes to actually doing anything tangible, you start complaining.

is this even a comment? may i ask, what do guys bring into relationships then?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Weah96:

If you wash by hand, then you're a big fo.ol. A grown man should be able to wash his own clothes without asking his wife to mess up her hands with laundry soap.

However, if all you have to do is sort the clothes and throw them into a machine, then may God punish you for complaining.

Buhahahahahahahaahaha.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Weah96:

I was taking your comment seriously until I read your last sentence. It is even more problematic to me if there's a washing machine and the guy still needs you to put his clothes in for him. Like it is a very easy thing to do or didn't he read the manual on how to operate it? It takes less than 5 minutes to put clothes inside an automatic machine so he should do that himself. I can only help him out with special clothes let's say whites. And he can take his suits to the dry cleaner #simple
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 18, 2014
trublvr:
OP, do as he says.
Wash those clothes sharply! Its a submissive attitude that a woman needs to cultivate before marriage.

Whatever he tells you to do, do and don't complain. When you finish the laundry, sweep his house, polish his shoes and wipe his arse for him also!
And stop complaining. You are a woman, therefore doing laundry is encoded in your DNA. Its all part of showing off your "submissive" side...

shey oro leyi so bayi?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Weah96: 12:07am On Dec 18, 2014
netizenbuzz:

I was taking your comment seriously until I read your last sentence. It is even more problematic to me if there's a washing machine and the guy still needs you to put his clothes in for him. Like it is a very easy thing to do or didn't he read the manual on how to operate it? It takes less than 5 minutes to put clothes inside an automatic machine so he should do that himself. I can only help him out with special clothes let's say whites. And he can take his suits to the dry cleaner #simple

Exactly. Putting the clothes in the machine is nothing, which is why you shouldn't mind doing it for your hubby. It's like lowering the toilet seat after we piss.

It doesn't take anything for a woman to lower the toilet seat herself, but yet we do it for women anyway. I've even washed my girl's clothes before, so that part is negligible.
Hand washing the clothes of another adult is a no no.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 18, 2014
Classicalmusic:

Basically, I don't have much advice to give. From your profile, I think you're somewhat stubborn and a bit straight-forward. However, you should be happy washing his clothes and cooking for him because it signifies love. You just need to be romantic so that he will keep loving you. If not, he might drop you for another woman.

Let me give you an insight. I cannot allow a woman whom I do not trust to cook for me and also wash my clothes because some women are really messed up and later they claim that they're capable of making us happy. cheesy

Please be caring today so that he will propose to you tomorrow.

if what will make him drop her for another woman is "washing", then that relationship wasn't worth it in the first place. *sorry just my two cents*

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 18, 2014
Timbuktou:
Tomorrow one girl will come and open a thread about her stingy boyfriend and the women will tell her to run for her life.

Let me get this straight, women are the only ones to expect anything in relationships? Once the guy has a demand, he's automatically enslaving her? Alright, I get it now.

Bia Ogoanita, I hope you expect nothing from him? That's the only time he should expect nothing from you, which means he can look for a more symbiotic relationship somewhere else.

pls shut up!! this is the only argument you assholes of a men bring up anytime an issue like this arises. Who says every woman wants to be dependent on her husband? You keep forgetting that some of us have rich fathers or can actually stand and survive alone. Pls try harder next time an come up with a better argument.
Of course, I am one of those who pray for richer husbands. I pray that no matter how rich I become, I want my husband richer. Not because I want his money but to help me respect him better and for his ego's sake.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 18, 2014
netizenbuzz:

pls shut up!! this is the only argument you assholes of a men bring up anytime an issue like this arises. Who says every woman wants to be dependent on her husband? You keep forgetting that some of us have rich fathers or can actually stand and survive alone. Pls try harder next time an come up with a better argument.
Of course, I am one of those who pray for richer husbands. I pray that no matter how rich I become, I want my husband richer. Not because I want his money but to help me respect him better and for his ego's sake.
You are a hopeless imbeciile. The point, if your brain could ever function, was the fact of mutual dependency. But instead, you were more interested in foaming at the mouth like a rabid rat. Who gives a fvck how much your father has managed to save and contribute in his life.

And to think you think you have anything resembling an argument. Ever heard of lowest common denominators? I guess not. You're a reetarded guineafowl.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 18, 2014
Classicalmusic:

Basically, I don't have much advice to give. From your profile, I think you're somewhat stubborn and a bit straight-forward. However, you should be happy washing his clothes and cooking for him because it signifies love. You just need to be romantic so that he will keep loving you. If not, he might drop you for another woman.

Let me give you an insight. I cannot allow a woman whom I do not trust to cook for me and also wash my clothes because some women are really messed up and later they claim that they're capable of making us happy. cheesy

Please be caring today so that he will propose to you tomorrow.

Oh please! cooking and washing does not equal love. Don't sell me that bullshit. One of the best couple I've met (a family friend), the woman never did shi shi. She had maids all her life. You should see the way the husband took care of her even though he was a military man (now retired). Been jealous of them since forever. It's just now that all the kids are grown up and she's less busy that she tries entering the kitchen. And even till now, it's just the cooking. Yet, she they travel out pass her husband sef. You know the funny thing? they never even had an actual wedding but still the love mehn.
That said, put in mind that different things work for different relationships. You just have to decide what kind you want to find yourself in 30 years later before you leap. Don't make cooking and washing a criterion for every woman. And stop making women sound so desperate to get married. Aswear, if not for this judgmental society, I'd rather stay unmarried.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 18, 2014
Weah96:

Exactly. Putting the clothes in the machine is nothing, which is why you shouldn't mind doing it for your hubby. It's like lowering the toilet seat after we piss.

It doesn't take anything for a woman to lower the toilet seat herself, but yet we do it for women anyway. I've even washed my girl's clothes before, so that part is negligible.
Hand washing the clothes of another adult is a no no.

I guess we'd keep going on and on in this argument. If putting clothes in a washing machine is nothing, he shouldn't expect her to do it. I'm not saying she can't help even most of the time, but he shouldn't feel entitled so that the day she doesn't do it, he won't get angry.

It's like lowering the toilet seat after we piss.

You are comparing your relationship to everyone else's. Half the guys I know don't even do what you described up there. And half the ladies I know will do that by themselves. What we are discussing is a more general topic.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 18, 2014
netizenbuzz:

Oh please! cooking and washing does not equal love. Don't sell me that bullshit. One of the best couple I've met (a family friend), the woman never did shi shi. She had maids all her life. You should see the way the husband took care of her even though he was a military man (now retired). Been jealous of them since forever. It's just now that all the kids are grown up and she's less busy that she tries entering the kitchen. And even till now, it's just the cooking. Yet, she they travel out pass her husband sef. You know the funny thing? they never even had an actual wedding but still the love mehn.
That said, put in mind that different things work for different relationships. You just have to decide what kind you want to find yourself in 30 years later before you leap. Don't make cooking and washing a criterion for every woman. And stop making women sound so desperate to get married. Aswear, if not for this judgmental society, I'd rather stay unmarried.
Ode, who wants to marry a stinking faggit?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 18, 2014
iluvweed:
Chai! Nigeria is more like a bush!

See someone complaining about washing clothes in 2014

So you mean there are no washing machines and dryers in naija

Still surprised cos its been long i saw someone washing clothes with bare hands grin

That been said i wont even bother to ask how they wash dishes in naija lol... cheesy

lol, the OP says her man feels it's westernization for them to get a washing machine

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Timbuktou:
You are a hopeless imbeciile. The point, if your brain could ever function, was the fact of mutual dependency. But instead, you were more interested in foaming at the mouth like a rabid rat. Who gives a fvck how much your father has managed to save and contribute in his life.

And to think you think you have anything resembling an argument. Ever heard of lowest common denominators? I guess not. You're a reetarded guineafowl.

Let me get this straight, women are the only ones to expect anything in relationships? Once the guy has a demand, he's automatically enslaving her? Alright, I get it now.

Oponu ni e joor. You already stereotyped women in your comment. You are trying to sound enlightened with you "mutual dependency" shit but you sound more stupid. I'm not even sure you know what that term means. It does always mean money=chores. It could also mean money/money=chores/chores for both parties.
You ppl will be yearning nonsense about men taking care of women's expenses when we know the situation in Nigeria quite alright. In most families, most women bring money to the table too but God forbid you ask the men to share the responsibilities of chores. Hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Weah96: 12:47am On Dec 18, 2014
netizenbuzz:

lol, the OP says her man feels it's westernization for them to get a washing machine

When my girl and I stayed together, it cost us about $25 to wash our combined clothes in a machine. We stayed in an apartment without a washing machine.

I suggest that the man hires someone to wash his clothes for about N3K and leave his girl alone. Handwashing is manual labor.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 18, 2014
netizenbuzz:

Oponu ni e joor. You already stereotyped women in your comment. You are trying to sound enlightened with you "mutual dependency" shit but you sound more stupid. I'm not even sure you know what that term means. It does always mean money=chores. It could also mean money/money=chores/chores for both parties.
You ppl will be yearning nonsense about men taking care of women's expenses when we know the situation in Nigeria quite alright. In most families, most women bring money to the table too but God forbid you ask the men to share the responsibilities of chores. Hypocrites!
You are the asinwin here. So, because women bring in money too, they are the breadwinners? If that's the situation in yoir family, too bad. I'm not the case of the familial failure you witness. Marriage should be symbiotic as courtship should be. Don't come here trying to sound more enlightened than you really are. Your foolishness stands out like a beacon.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Finestlex(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2014
this matter strong to put mouth.. but personally, am not comfortable with anyone doing laundry for me... if you not comfortable doing it, just tell him in a nice way that you not comfy doing it for now.. or you can do it once in a while/blue moon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Are The Real Middle Class In Nigeria? / When Marriage Becomes Toxic. / Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.