Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (123007 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2013
Olivia-light:
my dear am more than proud of u,may God strengthen u, protect&guide ur children.may he bless ur home &provide the right woman 4 u wen u r ready.ur children v d bst DAD KUDOS 2 U dear

A strong amen to that. I appreciate the prayers and they mean a lot to me. May the Lord favor you in your life's endeavors and you shall never have cause to regret serving Him. Thank you.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by edakedkay: 11:02pm On May 27, 2013
Thanks all for sharing in my grief. I really appreciate.
Purposely chose to resume work today(childrens' day) it felt good and it was all fun. Funny enough,my mister was there doing what he's good at(men,when us women say we're fine,please try to believe us). I'll get there I know.
@ Bellong
I do believe in the potency of meds but...... I sort of hate to say I felt betrayed but it is well.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Geminilove(f): 2:30am On May 28, 2013
@edakedkay: So sorry to hear about your lost I pray God gives you the strength to get you through it
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Geminilove(f): 3:42am On May 28, 2013
serubawon:

Thank you very much. I'm happy that the posts from all the contributors came in useful to your particular situation. On the issue of closing it down, I guess that depends on how relevant the thread is to different people. As long as it touches the hearts of people and they contribute, it will stay on. Everything has a beginning and an end. 7 years strong and still going, I guess this thread hasn't quite reached it's end yet. It's all in the hands of God. Cheers

No thank you, I had been looking for a group of mature nairalander who would be kind, gentle non judgement and be able to share with. The Nairalanders I came in contact seem to be in there middle to late twenties and had there believe there was no one over age mid 30's in this forum which I knew couldn't be the case. Further, I like the way you prove yourself to Olori. Men of now days give up so easily, don't take time to see why a women is complex. Thank you for taking the time to rebuild her trust and let her know they are good loving men out there. My stories are long but I will be back to share.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 7:17am On May 28, 2013
edakedkay: Thanks all for sharing in my grief. I really appreciate.
Purposely chose to resume work today(childrens' day) it felt good and it was all fun. Funny enough,my mister was there doing what he's good at(men,when us women say we're fine,please try to believe us). I'll get there I know.
@ Bellong
I do believe in the potency of meds but...... I sort of hate to say I felt betrayed but it is well.

@Edakedkay,

I quite understand the betrayal part. Believe me, I walked that part before and all in all, I can boldly say that God is faithful. When the time comes, you will be happy for all these happenings and wish you could have reacted better during the period of this travail.

Gather your thoughts together and reflect on what God has done for you in the past, praise Him for it and you will surely see reason to thank Him for the present travail... He is with you always, He will never leave nor forsake you. Only cling on to Him.

It is well with you sis.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 7:40am On May 28, 2013
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 7:43am On May 28, 2013
chaircover:

I def get that bit. I came out of the other side thinking . . . .silly girl! why did you waste so much energy stressing and being sad over something that God had under control from day one.

But then again, it brought me closer to God and I believe that in my case, that was Gods plan. He was fed up of me being so far away and wanted me close to Him.

@Edakedkay, He def is with you. Always has been and always will be.

That is definitely God's plan in all of our afflictions. To bring us closer to Him and also make us a better person just like Gold must pass through fire before its appreciated.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:41am On May 28, 2013
edakedkay: So happy for you Seru. I'm glad it's all falling in place for you. You're done with the tribulation.it's now time for jubilation.
Madam wedding planner(winks),pls put me on that list of asoebi and anything that will identify the NL crew.
I know everyone has been anxiously waiting to hear from me. Sorry for shutting you all out. Been battling with myself the whole time but I think I'm ready to complete my epistle. I resume work on Monday after almost a year. Tried that a month back but I was still disoriented. I think I'm ready now.
I lost Leona on January 16th. So it's still just me,bobo and DD. I don't want to go into details. Maybe someday I will. It's been a rough path but I'm grateful I'm here today though it's left me scathed.Putting this down is one of the difficult tasks I've had to face but I hope to heal thoroughly as life goes on.
I had a very good support system from my husband, family and friends who knew my history; and thanks to JennyKadry&winniegirl who tried several times to keep in touch.(Sorry I didn't get back).
Thanks are also due to everyone of you here who in one way or the other supported me.
Welcome ma'am, good to hear from you at last. So sorry for ur lost, may the Good Lord comfort you and make everything turn around for your good. Just keep trusting in Him and He'll never fail you. And don't forget to give Him thanks in all cos you are even better off some. My elder sis has been married for almost 5yrs now and has never been pregnant not to talk of having a miscarriage or something, so u see that u have a reason to be thankful. Stay strong and blessed ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Olivialight(f): 3:45pm On May 29, 2013
serubawon:

A strong amen to that. I appreciate the prayers and they mean a lot to me. May the Lord favor you in your life's endeavors and you shall never have cause to regret serving Him. Thank you.

wow wow i dont evn knw wat to say cs am so so so in luv wit dis thread.am hapi 4 U@uncle seru,am so proud of d whole contributors on this thread.really is lyk i jt read wat i really nid ryt nw.
Going tru dis thread i v been more than inspired.am VERY HAPI 4 all d happy tinz happening here 2,dis thread is lyk being wit family dat cares deeply about u even dou dey dnt knw u in person.
@analytical gosh u r #if i say sumtin else# u il make me explain jt as serubawon did cheesy. Bt u r so full of wisdom my dear.
@JennyK u r 1 of a kind dear ur family is blessed.
I jt luv every1 here CC,spoilt u r funny,piri &every1
@edakedKay dearie plz accept my sympathy.GOD has a way of comforting us all d tym.
@uncle seru hmmmmm u r a blessed man already and ur wyf is surely in d right place. CONGRATULATIONS 2 both of U.
Can't wait 4 d 'D' daysmiley
I luv romance stories.
Dis thread is nt going 2 die easily dat is if @al it il,I PRAY i v a 1dafl husband &a hapi,peaceful home.all dis makes me v positive mind about marriage despite wat is happening in d society nw,sumtyms i get scared i il b lyk asking myself 'Do i really wana get married?? Cs a lot of ppl v lost it,@tyms i meet sum1 behave in a certain way i il only say may God save us all,bt dis thread has gone a long way 2 tell me i il EXPERIENCE dat happiness 1day.
Hmmmmm i can't even believe am d 1 being dis involved in a thread even wen a jt stumbled on it few dayz ago &i already feel am in d right place.
I wish every1 of us well,may God continue 2 guide us in d ryt path of life in JESUS name AMEN.
#practising d dance i il display on uncle seru's wedding# hp i il b invited cs if am nt am going 2 cry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Olivialight(f): 3:57pm On May 29, 2013
See me lost my manners,uncle seru 10ks 4 replying dear i admire ur strength and courage a lot.about u being very patient u r lyk my MUM, dat woman can live wit practically any person on earth and cope wit u jt fyn. I v a lot of patience bt nt close 2 MUM &her strength &will power is sumtin else.may God protect &keep her alive 4 us cs she il rip the fruit of her labour. GOD bless PARENTS.
I pray i do great also wen am a MUM sumday
It is well already my dear.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
@ Edakedkay
Baby girl the lord will replace a hundred fold what the locusts have eaten. He will give you a garment of praise instead of mourning. Be strong. . . . Be strong. You have a supportive family. That in itself is a blessing.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Olivia-light:
See me lost my manners,uncle seru 10ks 4 replying dear i admire ur strength and courage a lot.about u being very patient u r lyk my MUM, dat woman can live wit practically any person on earth and cope wit u jt fyn. I v a lot of patience bt nt close 2 MUM &her strength &will power is sumtin else.may God protect &keep her alive 4 us cs she il rip the fruit of her labour. GOD bless PARENTS.
I pray i do great also wen am a MUM sumday
It is well already my dear.

Thank you very much smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
@spoilt
how you dey? Happy eeerm half year
@serubobo
I remain loyal oh but me i no get patience
whats happening , this my gele tying skills don dey rusty
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:30am On Jun 06, 2013
salsera: @spoilt
how you dey? Happy eeerm half year
@serubobo
I remain loyal oh but me i no get patience
whats happening , this my gele tying skills don dey rusty

My sister, I hear you. There's just so many things to take care of. We're planning on buying a house together so we can move in immediately after getting married. That's a whole new ball game altogether. We're getting there, slowly but steadily getting there. smiley

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
@Salsera,
I dey oh. This long awaited wedding. . .we better get an invite.
@ Serubawon
Hurry up oh abi na 7 year engagement you wan do? Lol. Just curious do you live together already. Sometimes that takes away the urgency of marriage.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
spoilt: @Salsera,
I dey oh. This long awaited wedding. . .we better get an invite.
@ Serubawon
Hurry up oh abi na 7 year engagement you wan do? Lol. Just curious do you live together already. Sometimes that takes away the urgency of marriage.

No we don't live together. I'm old school at heart. I don't believe in trial or test marriages/ live-in lovers etc. We'll plan it right, do it right and get it right IJN.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by quasimodoman(f): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
I have followed this thread and the OP's story from the beginning and I must say I am very impressed with his story, the way and mannerisms he tells his experiences and most of all, his honesty and down to earth character is just soooooooooo a complete turn on too women (at least for me it is). I'm not here to cause any form of commotion, but I wish that most men were like the OP. I'm completely jealous of Olori, but I am truly happy for both of them. It would be so nice to see a picture of both of you, but I assume that will never happen.

I'm seriously rooting for both of you and I so wish this story to transition into a "happily forever after" ending. i never thought I could post on nairaland, but this thread is worth it. I can't count how many times I cried when reading different posts and one time I was so angry with that MOBO guy. I felt like scratching his eyes out with infected fingernails. I like the way serubawon handled him though. He took off like a puppy dog with his tail between his legs. I think you need to explore the possibility of starting a thread on relationship problems and how to deal with them. You certainly have the requirements and qualifications.

I truly salute you as a man and Olori's boo. CC, spoilt, jenny, tgirl (and even nemesis) and all the wonderful people that have posted on this thread, love the way you helped this man open up so the rest of us could learn from his experiences. Please don't end this thread. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
serubawon:

No we don't live together. I'm old school at heart. I don't believe in trial or test marriages/ live-in lovers etc. We'll plan it right, do it right and get it right IJN.
Nothing old school about it. wink

Maybe when I land 'america' this year i go carry gele in commemoration of the Dday.

How is your daughter? done with high school?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
salsera:
Nothing old school about it. wink

Maybe when I land 'america' this year i go carry gele in commemoration of the Dday.

How is your daughter? done with high school?

Done? I wish. She just turned 13 this month and starts high school in August. I don't even want to think about it. When you land in Yankee let me know. You might actually be in my neighborhood. smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
quasimodoman: I have followed this thread and the OP's story from the beginning and I must say I am very impressed with his story, the way and mannerisms he tells his experiences and most of all, his honesty and down to earth character is just soooooooooo a complete turn on too women (at least for me it is). I'm not here to cause any form of commotion, but I wish that most men were like the OP. I'm completely jealous of Olori, but I am truly happy for both of them. It would be so nice to see a picture of both of you, but I assume that will never happen.

I'm seriously rooting for both of you and I so wish this story to transition into a "happily forever after" ending. i never thought I could post on nairaland, but this thread is worth it. I can't count how many times I cried when reading different posts and one time I was so angry with that MOBO guy. I felt like scratching his eyes out with infected fingernails. I like the way serubawon handled him though. He took off like a puppy dog with his tail between his legs. I think you need to explore the possibility of starting a thread on relationship problems and how to deal with them. You certainly have the requirements and qualifications.

I truly salute you as a man and Olori's boo. CC, spoilt, jenny, tgirl (and even nemesis) and all the wonderful people that have posted on this thread, love the way you helped this man open up so the rest of us could learn from his experiences. Please don't end this thread. Ciao.

Eya. Thanks for the encouragement o. My head don swell well, well. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
Uncle Seru,

Eku ijo meta o... grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
quasimodoman:

Aww... My name keep popping up... and to think I joined pretty late. lol
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Tgirl4real: Uncle Seru,

Eku ijo meta o... grin

I dey o my sister. Longest time. Se alafia ni ile wa o..... grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Where is Analytical Baba ke? sad
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Analytical(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Great Pal, I have been around and about! Busy more than ever and getting stressed and sickly in the process! Trust you are good.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Analytical: Great Pal, I have been around and about! Busy more than ever and getting stressed and sickly in the process! Trust you are good.

Sorry to hear about that. The joy of the Lord is your strength my brother. Sometimes, you might have to dial it back a bit because your health is a lot more important than your ambitions.

I'm doing very well. House hunting at the moment. Very frustrating process. Women believe they have the final say when it comes to a new home. It's almost like I have no say in the matter, except when it comes to putting money down (man don suffer). It's nice choosing a place with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Just a nice feeling (even when she decides what kind of house you buy in the long run).

Trying to get my family back home organized to go "Introduce" ourselves to Olori's family. Stress personified .

Please take care of your health bro. Mrs Analytical needs you around for at least another 50 years or so grin.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Analytical(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2013
Thanks friend for looking out for me. Deeply appreciated. One of the most priceless things we have is our health! Most things depend on it. Without it, almost everything is meaningless, including money! Talking about Mrs Analytical, we were 12 over the weekend! So another 50 years is achievable!

Thinking of what you wrote above now, is it not true that women actually have final say in such matter? They spend more time there than us, so they should. We don't really bother so much about what colour the curtains should be, or whether there should be any at all but they will spend weeks trying to get the best combination! How many hours do men really spend in the kitchen, dining room, or the garden? Even in the sitting room, apart from watching your favourite sports club playing, hom many hours do you spend there?

Please make haste o and get the Introduction done. Do you want us to die of expectation?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Analytical: Thanks friend for looking out for me. Deeply appreciated. One of the most priceless things we have is our health! Most things depend on it. Without it, almost everything is meaningless, including money! Talking about Mrs Analytical, we were 12 over the weekend! So another 50 years is achievable!

Thinking of what you wrote above now, is it not true that women actually have final say in such matter? They spend more time there than us, so they should. We don't really bother so much about what colour the curtains should be, or whether there should be any at all but they will spend weeks trying to get the best combination! How many hours do men really spend in the kitchen, dining room, or the garden? Even in the sitting room, apart from watching your favourite sports club playing, hom many hours do you spend there?

Please make haste o and get the Introduction done. Do you want us to die of expectation?

My brother, I hear you o. I have an uncle over here who is supposed to lead the 'Introduction Team'. He doesn't return to naija until next month, so na patience. Hopefully, that should be done by September and then other things can follow. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by braveheart2012(m): 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Where is Serubobo? This thread can't die like this now! Come back and update us oh. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
Oga,

Eku ijo meta o...how's the aso-ebi things going?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2013
My people, I dey o. Some things can't be rushed and have a period of processing. That's where we are now o. I've been busy. Recently, my ex-inlaws ( even that sounds kind of odd) came into town to check up on my kids. It was nice and stressful at the same time. I thank God for them because it's not everyday you come across in-laws that go out of their way for kids of their late daughter. They were completely amazed at how grown my kids are. They couldn't believe it o. However, to God be all the glory. If not for His grace, my story for different o.

They are still around and return to Nigeria next week. So right now, I'm basically a glorified chauffeur. Kids are back in school, so it doesn't make it any easier.

Olori and I are continuing our journey and this journey that God has started, He will perfect and complete in Jesus' name.

Thanks for the concern. Madam CC... long time no hear. How's the family? I pray all is well. T-Girl, how now. The story continues...... next step.... introduction of families undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (44) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.