Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (123017 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Mystery11(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
At last, I conributed to this thread after reading as a guest for sometime.

@Seru and with a great pity ,Edkay who lost her baby after holding on for some time.

One thing I have come to realise in life is that no matter the situation one sees himself or herself, God is always in control as far as you trust in him.Things will always work out for those that trust in the Lord for a positive change.One thing amazing is that he does not change.

Speaking boldly from experience.

There is law of nature ordained by God that things will always change once you have your trust in God.

I am so glad this thread is proving that for Seru and I am assuring you ,Mrs Edkay, God will make you smile again.

Trust in the Lord , whatsoever you desire , must surely come.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Giving God the glory. Introduction of families was this morning in naija and it went very well. I didn't sleep a wink all night and you would think I was going to the embassy for a visa.

Praying for God's protection and journey mercies for all those returning to Lagos. So, the first hurdle has been crossed and with God on our side, the rest as they say, is history.

4 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wheeew!

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by 4BBS(f): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations sir! God will perfect everything.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by jumzzy448: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations sir. So when are we getting our e aso ebi?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Joy4mi(f): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
congrats sir.eku orire o.

Aso ebi is surely on d way smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations oo!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations sire, may this mark the beginning of greater things
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Prinuo: 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congratulations to you sir!
I have been waiting, like every other person for this good finalized news. cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks everyone. grin grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by oluchiokechi(f): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Congrats Mr Seru. I ve been waitn seriously 4 dis day. I wish U well.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Joy4mi(f): 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
serubawon: @Joy4mi

Wow! I'm so happy hearing this, I feel like break dancing. Truly inspiring and encouraging. It shows that the God we serve is always on point and never late. If there is a delay, it's always on our part and God has to patiently wait for us to sync with Him and His promises towards us. I sincerely pray that your breakthrough is permanent and as Salsera has pointed out, you will not just be blessed, but an immense blessing to others.
Amen sir,
I promise not disappoint u cos u r my e-mentor(lol, i hope dere is a word like dat sha).
Its nt easy to be a pastor's wife o,i am praying for strength and wisdom to reach out to people.
May God see us thru. (amen)smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 4:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Joy4mi:
Amen sir,
I promise not disappoint u cos u r my e-mentor(lol, i hope dere is a word like dat sha).
Its nt easy to be a pastor's wife o,i am praying for strength and wisdom to reach out to people.
May God see us thru. (amen)smiley

Emi nikan tan. E-mentor ke? Well, I am flattered that you consider me to be a mentor and I pray that I will be able to live up to that reputation ( scary though).

As a pastor's wife, the Lord shall grant you the wisdom of Christ. The bible says that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy, understanding". The Lord shall grant you wisdom to exceed your husband's expectations and amongst your peers, you shall excel.

I look forward to hearing more encouraging testimonies.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:10am On Nov 23, 2013
oluchiokechi: Congrats Mr Seru. I ve been waitn seriously 4 dis day. I wish U well.

Thank you very much. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by judii(f): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hmmmm..... What more can I say that has not already been said by everyone here. Your experience ministerd to me, I am encouraged. You are blessed! God be with you and yours.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by BCJAY(f): 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
God's will, will surely come to pass in ur life.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2013
BCJAY: God's will, will surely come to pass in ur life.

Amen o.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by sunshinemie(f): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
@Serubawon, sir I'm indeed grateful unto God for ur life nd dat of ur wonderful chldrn. Dis thread has really done wonders in my life alrdy by givin mi an assurance dat dre is hope no matter wat must hav happend in ones life. God bless d beautiful wman dat has brought lite again into u guys lives. Wishin u fulfilmnt in dis new hme u re abt to strt. Sir continue to pray for mi cox I desire to remarry. Bin alone is hurtful u knw dat. God bless u al[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
sunshinemie: @Serubawon, sir I'm indeed grateful unto God for ur life nd dat of ur wonderful chldrn. Dis thread has really done wonders in my life alrdy by givin mi an assurance dat dre is hope no matter wat must hav happend in ones life. God bless d beautiful wman dat has brought lite again into u guys lives. Wishin u fulfilmnt in dis new hme u re abt to strt. Sir continue to pray for mi cox I desire to remarry. Bin alone is hurtful u knw dat. God bless u al[color=#770077][/color]

Thank you for the compliments and prayers. They always mean a lot to me. The Lord we serve will never put us to shame IJN. You said that being alone is hurtful and that you desire to remarry. Would you mind telling your story? I have learnt that one of the first steps to healing is to cast your burden unto Jesus. He is the only one that heals a broken heart. When I told my story on this thread 7 years ago, little did I know that the comments of the posters here would start a healing process that would help me begin to move on with my life instead of wallowing in mourning and self pity.

If it worked for me, I pray that it will work for you also. I sincerely look forward to hearing your story.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 1:38am On Dec 15, 2013
This thread is still going strong! Praise God for you brother Serubawon! For all the inspiration you've given, God has rewarded you. Stay blessed and for those still waiting, delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. For those who are brokenhearted, remember He came to bind up the brokenhearted and to set at liberty them that are bruised. He is the God of all comfort. At my lowest times, these things gave me hope and now hope has been fulfilled. I rejoice with you all in hope of the good things to come. In Jesus' precious name, be encouraged. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:58am On Dec 15, 2013
prittigrrr: This thread is still going strong! Praise God for you brother Serubawon! For all the inspiration you've given, God has rewarded you. Stay blessed and for those still waiting, delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. For those who are brokenhearted, remember He came to bind up the brokenhearted and to set at liberty them that are bruised. He is the God of all comfort. At my lowest times, these things gave me hope and now hope has been fulfilled. I rejoice with you all in hope of the good things to come. In Jesus' precious name, be encouraged. Amen.

Wow....she shows up again! Well, it's nice to hear from you again. Hope you're doing very well grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
serubawon:

Wow....she shows up again! Well, it's nice to hear from you again. Hope you're doing very well grin
Serubawon, things are better than I ever dreamed they could be! My hubby and I are very happy. I wish the same and more for you and your bride!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
prittigrrr:
Serubawon, things are better than I ever dreamed they could be! My hubby and I are very happy. I wish the same and more for you and your bride!

Wooow!!! Who says good things don't happen to good people. Well, I would just like to say I'm truly happy for you and I'm glad you made us part of your happy story. Wish you and your hubby the very best.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2013
Today marks nine years that I lost a wonderful friend. The Lord has been magnificent to my kids and I and to top it up, He gave me an even more special friend. I'm divinely blessed because not all men who have had the same experience, can say the same.

I thank the Lord for my kids, the memory of my departed friend and the presence of Olori, who has brought love the second time around. Happy holidays everyone!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by 4tunebest(f): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
I feel like singing cool :

Ija dopin ogun sitan
Olugbala jagun m'olu
Orin ayo
La o ma ko
Halleluyah!!

Affliction shall not rise the second time in Jesus name. You and Olori, E ma ba ara yin kale l'oruko Jesu.

Merry Christmas in advance sir

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Serubawon,

All glory to God for the grace to pull through it. May His light continue to shine in your paths...
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
4tunebest: I feel like singing cool :

Ija dopin ogun sitan
Olugbala jagun m'olu
Orin ayo
La o ma ko
Halleluyah!!

Affliction shall not rise the second time in Jesus name. You and Olori, E ma ba ara yin kale l'oruko Jesu.

Merry Christmas in advance sir

Thank you pupo, pupo. I love that song. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
bellong: @Serubawon,

All glory to God for the grace to pull through it. May His light continue to shine in your paths...

My personal paddy. Thanks. How's the family? No snow here, but it's cold o. Heater on 24/7. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
So it was today....

Merry Christmas Seru and Olori and all the kids

Orin ayo repete
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by flakkylegend(f): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2013
yes I did it grin . stumbled on this tread today and I read the whole 30 pages. so inspiring stories i couldnt stop reading. Tried watching a movie but my mind kept coming back to d tread. had to pause the movie. Its 5am in the morning I have to get some sleep now. Merry christmas to everyone
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:37am On Dec 25, 2013
flakky legend: yes I did it grin . stumbled on this tread today and I read the whole 30 pages. so inspiring stories i couldnt stop reading. Tried watching a movie but my mind kept coming back to d tread. had to pause the movie. Its 5am in the morning I have to get some sleep now. Merry christmas to everyone

Wow. 30 pages in one day. That's dedication. Hope you enjoyed the thread. It's still 5:30 pm over here, but what the heck. Merry Christmas everyone!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by flakkylegend(f): 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
serubawon:

Wow. 30 pages in one day. That's dedication. Hope you enjoyed the thread. It's still 5:30 pm over here, but what the heck. Merry Christmas everyone!

Yes its dedication I wish I dedicate such time to other things also smiley. I am one emotional smthn Stories like this inspire me. After reading the thread it was time for my morning prayers. I wanted to ask God for so many thing but couldn't find the words i was thanking God just saying alhamdulillahi.

My friend lost her husband 3 yrs ago I was in my mid twenties so you can imagine hw old my friend could be. she was 31 with 3 kids, 4, 2 and 6 months old. she was not working and they were not even so comfortable when the husband was alive. But she was stong i'v neva met any1 stonger. she started by making liquid soap and selling. I introduced her to pple in my work place and they were buying they all knew her story. she strived so hard. later rented a building and started a soap making factory. Tried to get NAFDAC number but Nigeria factor she didnt get it after spending so much money. still she stayed strong. Had problems with inlaws and so on. She gave me strenght I just admired her and supported her all the way ppl thnk we own the factory together but i dnt get a dime from it. she made sure her kids went to a good schl. Just recently she got a job as lecturer in one of the federal institutions she had to close the factory cos it was in another city. few weeks ago she got married again. About 2 months ago NAFDAC no came out. God can indeed turn thing around when we least expect it.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.