Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Sincere Questions To Frosbel - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Questions To Frosbel (34500 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Goshen360(m): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2015
@ Frosbel, kindly hint me when you provide answer to the question so I can follow up. I need go off to prepare for work now.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 03, 2015
shdemidemi:

Violent tantrums! haba. ..

What sheep? and what will you possibly tell them!

Pastor Frosbel: the bible have some lies but we can still try fetch some truth from it.

My dear friend, the bible can never be moderately true. It is either TRUE or FALSE.

I am prepared to believe WHATEVER the bible says, and to take it believing it to be the Word of God; for if it isn't entirely true, it is not worth anything to me.

It may be fallible to a very wise Frosbel who is so wise that he can pick out the true from the false.

dog·ma·tism
ˈdôɡməˌtizəm/
noun
the tendency to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true, without consideration of evidence or the opinions of others.
"a culture of dogmatism and fanaticism"

Food for thought ;

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 12:45am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
Read again.

Sheol with TWO Compartments, or is this not your position ??

Your other mate uses this error to support the concept of suffering in the wicked part of Sheol.

Do you get it now ??

Not so fast Watson. It's you promoting ignorance and who is not getting it

Why did you lump me with "the concept of suffering in the wicked part of Sheol"?
What was the justification for that?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by MostHigh: 12:53am On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=Goshen360 post=29437568]

I have found my Sabbath in Christ and I'm truly resting in the finished works of my Master. Na wetin concern me and sabbath be that....lo ba tan... grin grin grin[/quote

your sabbath in Christ. grin grin

Sounds savvy.

Jokers. ]

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 12:56am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

dog·ma·tism
ˈdôɡməˌtizəm/
noun
the tendency to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true, without consideration of evidence or the opinions of others.
"a culture of dogmatism and fanaticism"

Food for thought ;

And what else Other than the bible should I be dogmatic about, wikileaks paper? Besides, the bible isn't man's doing, it is God's.

If FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, is it then possible to have FAITH if the content isn’t God? – Bishop Noel Jones

You are definitely not a part of this christian Faith cos what you believe isn't scripture.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Not so fast Watson. It's you promoting ignorance and who is not getting it

Why did you lump me with "the concept of suffering in the wicked part of Sheol"?
What was the justification for that?

Hmm let me see. because both of you supported the concept of a dual compartmented Hell while the other added the factor of suffering.

Don't panic, no ulterior motive, I am sure our readers will get the gist.

smiley
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 03, 2015
shdemidemi:

And what else Other than the bible should I be dogmatic about, wikileaks paper?

If FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, is it then possible to have FAITH if the content isn’t God? – Bishop Noel Jones

You are definitely not a part of this christian Faith cos what you believe isn't scripture.

Your faith shdemidemi , not THE FAITH.

and by the way who is Bishop Noel Jones, who ordained him as a bishop. SMH.

Christianity is belief in Christ; it’s not Biblianitry – belief in the Bible” - Bart Ehrman

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:12am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Your faith shdemidemi , not THE FAITH.

and by the way who is Bishop Noel Jones, who ordained him as a bishop. SMH.

Kweshon! Is that what we are talking about here, your problem have suddenly shift to Noel Jones. grin

What else should I be dogmatic about If not the Word of God?

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 1:13am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
Hmm let me see.
because both of you supported the concept of a dual compartmented Hell
while the other added the factor of suffering.

Don't panic, no ulterior motive, I am sure our readers will get the gist.

smiley

God has not given me the spirit of panic but rather but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Even if the fear of God has departed you, you should be torn painfully between your conscience that I never alluded that Sheol is Hell
but rather made the disimilarities clear
- another foul on me committed by frosbel

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

God has not given me the spirit of panic but rather but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Even if the fear of God has departed you, you should be torn painfully between your conscience that I never alluded that Sheol is Hell
but rather made the disimilarities clear
- another foul on me committed by frosbel

Clutching at straws now are we !

Next time think carefully before you start throwing around made-up stories.

wink
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 1:21am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
Clutching at straws now are we !

Next time think carefully before you start throwing around made-up stories.

wink
You live in lala-land, a world of your own
You're also a hypocrite, for quoting:
Christianity is belief in Christ; it’s not Biblianitry – belief in the Bible” - Bart Ehrman
and not believing Jesus' parable about Sheol and the dividing gulf

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

You live in lala-land, a world of your own
You're also a hypocrite, for quoting:
and not believing Jesus' parable about Sheol and the dividing gulf

You are getting more confused by the hour. You once equalled a Parable to a Fable. Are we now to form doctrine out of Fables ?

And why is it so hard for you to stick to your bible to emphasize your TRUTH, surely scripture must validate scripture, scripture does not stand on it's own , do you agree ?

A little humility and honesty will point you in the right direction....

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 1:39am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
You are getting more confused by the hour.
You once equalled a Parable to a Fable.
Are we now to form doctrine out of Fables?

And why is it so hard for you to stick to your bible to emphasize your TRUTH,
surely scripture must validate scripture, scripture does not stand on it's own , do you agree ?

A little humility and honesty will point you in the right direction....

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:
but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

- Luke 8:10 King James Bible

I wonder what Jesus was doing when he shared that fable
Painting his toenails? Hmm frosbel?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:
but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

- Luke 8:10 King James Bible

I wonder what Jesus was doing when he shared that fable
Painting his toenail? Hmm frosbel?

Back to mystery , lol.

Good night Pal grin
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 1:46am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Back to mystery , lol.

Good night Pal grin

Dont parry the question about what was Jesus doing when he shared that fable
- what was He doing if not teaching

Also for the umpteenth time playing your futile amateur skeptic game, which other scripture validates that looking at a woman with lust is committing adultery?
Cat got your tongue on that one, huh?
I can ask you plenty more but you'll find yourself getting sweltering
- can you imagine that, sweltering in winter,
good thing is, it'll save you on heating bills grin

Good night amigo and don't let the bed bugs bite grin
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by vooks: 5:00am On Jan 03, 2015
Man is immortal negro. He puts off this earthly tent and survives as a spirit.
Satan and his demons are immortal; they don't die and only cease to exist when God says so which He won't.
Angels are immortal, I don't recall reading a requiem for angels nowhere cool

Michael we see him in Daniel and thousands of years later in Revelation. Will he die?

Thinking may not be your forte but pretend it is

frosbel:

Vooks forgive me for calling you out as an ignoramus par excellence, just what is difficult in understanding what a simple term like immortal means ?? Why lie to give it another meaning in preparation for your withdrawal ??

Immortal means = cannot die

Easy, simple, no need to pretend you understand , just get a dictionary and learn a new word.

Back to the question : is man immortal ?

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by honourhim: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Back to mystery , lol.

Good night Pal grin

Oga goodmorning. The question I asked you in 2014 you ve not answered me. This is 2015. Here is the question again-

How can a God who(according to you) cannot effect a virgin birth cause the ressurrection of the dead(people who have turned to dust and therefore have been totally annihilliated according to you)?

And in your question about the virgin birth you asked about who provided the chromosome.

Here I ask you who and who provided the chromosome, the eggs, the womb and everything needed to reborn these people who are long dead, turned to dust meaninng that they have been totally annhilliated(according to your teaching)?

Now don't mention God here. Since he cannot cause a virgin birth of just one man in your belief, it then means he can't cause the ressurrection of billions of annhilliated people.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2015
vooks:
When I say man and satan and his angels are immortal, I mean they have the propensity to live FOREVER. Only God can stop them, and He won't do this in the Lake of Fire.

When we say God is Faithful not to forget our labor of love, we certainly don't mean He has 'evidence of the unseen'.
Man's immortality and God's are poles apart

frosbel:
Look at this one looking for a way out.

How can you say "When I say man and Satan and his angels are immortal I mean they have the propensity to live FOREVER ", does this even make sense to you ?

What does immortal mean , go and check a dictionary !

frosbel:
Vooks forgive me for calling you out as an ignoramus par excellence,
just what is difficult in understanding what a simple term like immortal means ??
Why lie to give it another meaning in preparation for your withdrawal ??

Immortal means = cannot die

Easy, simple, no need to pretend you understand, just get a dictionary and learn a new word.

Back to the question : is man immortal ?

vooks:
Man is immortal negro. He puts off this earthly tent and survives as a spirit.
Satan and his demons are immortal; they don't die and only cease to exist when God says so which He won't.

Michael we see him in Daniel and thousands of years later in Revelation. Will he die?

frosbel is like the cat that got the cream or the cat that swallowed vooks the canary thinking he snookered vooks with:
What does immortal mean, go and check a dictionary!

The thing is that vooks is actually right about the "immortality" of angels, he only erred on the technicality that they cannot die frosbel

Another thing is that, one needs more than a dictionary to know really what immortality means or to understand properly the meaning(s)

frosbel you need to do real and serious study to uncover deeper meaning and significance of details and stop struting up and down like a peacock and/or grinning like a cheshire cat over the thread with victorious exuberance over false understanding topics like Sheol, virgin birth, immortality etcetera

Let's take the recent one you took a fancy to (i.e. immortality)

vooks isnt lying to give "immortality" another meaning in preparation for a withdrawal, as man, was immortal to start with (i.e. he was before the fiasco in Eden)

Ignoramus par excellence is to whom the other three fingers were pointing to

Immortality is a very interesting word, as it somewhat becomes a brain-teaser for the untrained eyes.
- it requires lateral thinking and diggings to unravel its dual meaning

Man was only "immortal" for a short period in Eden
Angels are "immortal" for the same reason and/or condition man was previously "immortal" in Eden

The common denominator with man and the angels is in terms of "immortality" is the Tree of Life.
It is the Tree of Life
(i.e. access to and eating off the Tree of Life) that gives man and angels "immortality"

Talking of the technicality where vooks erred and looking at what really or exactly is "immortality"

"immortality"
- Its origin or etymology is from Latin immortālis
from prefix im- (“not”), and mortālis (“mortal”), from mors (“death”) (i.e. similar to the mor in "mortgage" which means death gauge or gauging when one is to die) and the combining form mort- + adjectival suffix -alis.

"immortality" essentially can mean:
deathlessness, endless life, never-ending life, not subject to death, exempt from death, not liable to death etcetera.

Immortality also means:
Cannot die. Period.
It is exclusive only to God and no one else

Only God is immortal, only Jesus is immortal regardless of what frosbel says or tears his hair out over grin
- also, only God can be in two places at the same time. frosbel cant
- only God can lay down His life and pick it up again. No one, not even frosbel too, again, can
- only God can do the mind boggling miraculous virgin birth
- only God can do an Agent Smith of Himself, like done in the Matrix

Two Agent Smiths

Living without ending or having life endlessly is not the same as cannot die or can never die
"Immortality" and Immortality has a gray area
- as earlier shared, it is God alone who cannot die

He alone can never die, and he lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach him.
No human eye has ever seen him, nor ever will. All honor and power to him forever! Amen
1 Timothy 6:16 NLT

He alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light,
whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen.

1 Timothy 6:16 Net Bible

Now to the King eternal, immortal,
invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Timothy 1:17 NIV

No one can take my life from me.
I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.
For this is what my Father has commanded."

- John 10:18 NLT

Man and angels are "immortal". God and only God is immortal

vooks, frosbel, notice "Immortality" and Immortality is used and understood in different ways

vooks gospel phrase, where he said "Man's immortality and God's are poles apart" is spot on
- I loved it!
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by vooks: 10:31am On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni,
your posts are a joy to read.
one thing I may aks you though.
Before the fall, wasn't man's immortality restricted to the physical?
I mean, the body only suffered corruption following the Fall. The same spirit within man lives and the spirit is the essential man so far that Paul considers the body to be a tent.
Would the fact that man lives beyond physical death lead us to conclude that he is immortal?

BabaGnoni:

frosbel is like the cat that got the cream or the cat that swallowed vooks the canary thinking he snookered vooks with:
What does immortal mean, go and check a dictionary!

The thing is that vooks is actually right about the "immortality" of angels, he only erred on the technicality that they cannot die frosbel

Another thing is that, one needs more than a dictionary to know really what immortality means or to understand properly the meaning(s)

frosbel you need to do real and serious study to uncover deeper meaning and significance of details and stop struting up and down like a peacock and/or grinning like a cheshire cat over the thread with victorious exuberance over false understanding topics like Sheol, virgin birth, immortality etcetera

Let's take the recent one you took a fancy to (i.e. immortality)

vooks isnt lying to give "immortality" another meaning in preparation for a withdrawal, as man, was immortal to start with (i.e. he was before the fiasco in Eden)

Ignoramus par excellence is to whom the other three fingers were pointing to

Immortality is a very interesting word, as it somewhat becomes a brain-teaser for the untrained eyes.
- it requires lateral thinking and diggings to unravel its dual meaning

Man was only "immortal" for a short period in Eden
Angels are "immortal" for the same reason and/or condition man was previously "immortal" in Eden

The common denominator with man and the angels is in terms of "immortality" is the Tree of Life.
It is the Tree of Life
(i.e. access to and eating off the Tree of Life) that gives man and angels "immortality"

Talking of the technicality where vooks erred and looking at what really or exactly is "immortality"

"immortality"
- Its origin or etymology is from Latin immortālis
from prefix im- (“not”), and mortālis (“mortal”), from mors (“death”) (i.e. similar to the mor in "mortgage" which means death gauge or gauging when one is to die) and the combining form mort- + adjectival suffix -alis.

"immortality" essentially can mean:
deathlessness, endless life, never-ending life, not subject to death, exempt from death, not liable to death etcetera.

Immortality also means:
Cannot die. Period.
It is exclusive only to God and no one else

Only God is immortal, only Jesus is immortal regardless of what frosbel says or tears his hair out over grin
- also, only God can be in two places at the same time. frosbel cant
- only God can lay down His life and pick it up again. No one, not even frosbel too, again, can
- only God can do the mind boggling miraculous virgin birth
- only God can do an Agent Smith of Himself, like done in the Matrix

Two Agent Smiths

Living without ending or having life endlessly is not the same as cannot die or can never die
"Immortality" and Immortality has a gray area
- as earlier shared, it is God alone who cannot die

He alone can never die, and he lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach him.
No human eye has ever seen him, nor ever will. All honor and power to him forever! Amen
1 Timothy 6:16 NLT

He alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light,
whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen.

1 Timothy 6:16 Net Bible

Now to the King eternal, immortal,
invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Timothy 1:17 NIV

No one can take my life from me.
I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.
For this is what my Father has commanded."

- John 10:18 NLT

Man and angels are "immortal". God and only God is immortal

vooks, frosbel, notice "Immortality" and Immortality is used and understood in different ways

vooks gospel phrase, where he said "Man's immortality and God's are poles apart" is spot on
- I loved it!

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2015
vooks:
BabaGnoni,
your posts are a joy to read.
one thing I may aks you though.
Before the fall, wasn't man's immortality restricted to the physical?
I mean, the body only suffered corruption following the Fall.
The same spirit within man lives and the spirit is the essential man so far that Paul considers the body to be a tent.
Would the fact that man lives beyond physical death lead us to conclude that he is immortal?
^^^
vooks, I am 110% sure you agree, there is physical death and there is spiritual death
Incidentally, as there is/was Tree of Life in Eden, we know there also is/are Tree of Life(s) in Heaven

The crtucial point is "immortality" is not restricted to the physical.
- man has a physical, angels are somewhat ethereal, yet both need access and eating off the Tree of Life for "immortality"

vooks recall Genesis 3:22:

And the LORD God said,
"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

- Genesis 3:22 NIV

Then the LORD God said,
"Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.
What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it?
Then they will live forever!"

- Genesis 3:22 NLT

You are 100% correct that the body only suffered corruption following the Fall.
The Tree of Life is man's and the angels' sustenance for "immortality"
- it's important to recognise that, live forever doesnt mean cannot die or will not die

vooks:
... The same spirit within man lives and the spirit is the essential man so far that Paul considers the body to be a tent...

Physical bodies were the conditions set by God for legally living, existing and operating on Earth.
Anything else (e.g. spirits, angels etcetera) operating on earth without the express clearance of, veto or overrule by God, is an illegal alien
Such spirits or angels are not legally permitted to remain and operate on earth
- one needs a body, a body of any kind, even a herd of pigs/swine will do, in order to legally exist, live or operate on earth

vooks:
...Would the fact that man lives beyond physical death lead us to conclude that he is immortal?
Kind of relating to the bold above, frosbel screamed blue murder:

frosbel:
What !!!!!!
So god can die, aye ?
when I wrote:
"God effectively is dying all over again, killing Himself, as it was His breath that gave us life"
https://www.nairaland.com/2055387/frosbel-now-atheist/14#29232062

Depends on which you are referring to, as "immortal" and immortal have different meanings and/or understandings
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Image123(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Goshen I dey come ooo, I am having to educate so many baby bible scholars this evening ( NOT YOU of course ) , this space reserved................ grin

I is patiently waiting too.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Image123(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
GooseBaba:

Why should the truth be hidden in the first place. Is it a game..?

I guess when pastors are busy making up stuff, they are simply looking for the truth.. undecided

Ominimpotent still hiding things in the year 2015.. Smh

The reality before us is that precious things are hidden to us, and we need to pry, mine, dig, extract and refine. That is life, not a game.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Image123:
The reality before us is that precious things are hidden to us, and we need to pry, mine, dig, extract and refine.
That is life, not a game.
Aye, however in the beginning, it was not so
In the beginning accelerated knowledge and precious metals were easily available and freely flowing in Eden
unlike now that valuable minerals, precious stones, knowledge or information etcetera (e.g. diamonds, gold, petroleum etc) have to be dug up, extracted, unearthened and refined with sweat, blood, tears and toils
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Kind of relating to the bold above, frosbel screamed blue murder:

when I wrote:
"God effectively is dying all over again, killing Himself, as it was His breath that gave us life"
https://www.nairaland.com/2055387/frosbel-now-atheist/14#29232062

Depends on which you are referring to, as "immortal" and immortal have different meanings and/or understandings

To make the following statement "God effectively is dying all over again, killing Himself" smacks off as either [size=13pt]bold arrogance[/size] or [size=13pt]pitiful ignorance[/size].

God gives life, God does not die in any form or shape even when this life dies because it returns to him as validated by scripture - stop this gnostic nonense.

I had to edit out most of the other meaningless rant.

But let me just assure you that when the Bible says immortal, it means exactly what it says , CANNOT DIE.
Your inferences are not derived from plain truths but perceived notions based on extra-biblical writings/scripture/notes etc.

I conclude ( no time for circular today ) with ;
"and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles." - Romans 1:23

I think Paul knew what he was writing when he contrasted immortal as it pertains to GOD , to mortal as it pertains to MAN.

But let's see how the original Greek word for immortal is explained ;

862. aphthartos
Original Word: ἄφθαρτος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: aphthartos
Phonetic Spelling: (af'-thar-tos)
Short Definition: imperishable, incorruptible
Definition: [size=14pt]indestructible, imperishable, incorruptible; hence: immortal.[/size]

1. Only God is immortal
2. In no sense at all is MAN immortal , all over the bible from Gen 2:7, MAN is referred to as Mortal in his entirety not in parts - Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc. Note : It does not say the body of MAN is mortal, it says MAN , that's 100% him/her is mortal.
3. Angels are not mortal , they may have a life span that is controlled by God based on obedience, but angels can be destroyed as per Ezekiel 28:19 and Mark 1:24
4. Immortality is a Gift granted ONLY after the last judgement - 1 Corinthians 15:54
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=vooks post=29439398]Man is immortal negro. He puts off this earthly tent and survives as a spirit.

MAN is a living Soul. In his constitution, MAN is a BODY with a SPIRIT ( Breath not Person ) and this is what makes him a conscious being.

When MAN dies, his SPIRIT ( Breath ) returns to God, his BODY returns to the ground to await the resurrection and MAN ceases to exist in this interim period.

Try perusing - Genesis 2:7 , Ecclesiastes 12:7,Psalm 104:29 , Psalm 146:4. Use strong's or a lexicon so you don't come up with another error of thinking spirit means a person.

Angels are not immortal, the bible never says such a thing , not mine anyway smiley

Because Michael is not human and angels live for as long as God intends. Ezeikel 28:19 quite directly confirms that Lucifer will be NO MORE.

At least I try to think with my BRAIN, I don't use another MAN's understanding to form a final position.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Image123(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Aye, however in the beginning, it was not so
In the beginning accelerated knowledge and precious metals were easily available and freely flowing in Eden
unlike now that valuable minerals, precious stones, knowledge or information etcetera (e.g. diamonds, gold, petroleum etc) have to be dug up, extracted, unearthened and refined with sweat, blood, tears and toils
We are not in the beginning.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Image123:
We are not in the beginning.
Good you noticed that too
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
To make the following statement
"God effectively is dying all over again, killing Himself" smacks off as either [size=13pt]bold arrogance[/size] or [size=13pt]pitiful ignorance[/size].

God gives life, God does not die in any form or shape even when this life dies because it returns to him as validated by scripture - stop this gnostic nonense.

I had to edit out most of the other meaningless rant.

But let me just assure you that when the Bible says immortal, it means exactly what it says , CANNOT DIE.
Your inferences are not derived from plain truths but perceived notions based on extra-biblical writings/scripture/notes etc.

I conclude ( no time for circular today ) with ;
"and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles." - Romans 1:23

I think Paul knew what he was writing when he contrasted immortal as it pertains to GOD , to mortal as it pertains to MAN.

But let's see how the original Greek word for immortal is explained ;

862. aphthartos
Original Word: ἄφθαρτος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: aphthartos
Phonetic Spelling: (af'-thar-tos)
Short Definition: imperishable, incorruptible
Definition: [size=14pt]indestructible, imperishable, incorruptible; hence: immortal.[/size]

1. Only God is immortal
2. In no sense at all is MAN immortal , all over the bible from Gen 2:7, MAN is referred to as Mortal in his entirety not in parts - Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc. Note : It does not say the body of MAN is mortal, it says MAN , that's 100% him/her is mortal.
3. Angels are not mortal , they may have a life span that is controlled by God based on obedience, but angels can be destroyed as per Ezekiel 28:19 and Mark 1:24
4. Immortality is a Gift granted ONLY after the last judgement - 1 Corinthians 15:54

frosbel is now taking to having bits of salad with biblical meat now...
- we are having Greek salads (e.g. aphthartos) now are we

You are skirting all over the place with scriptures like Romans 1:23 and getting your knickers twisted and tied up in knots with it

What a pretentious hooey most of your 1-4 bullet points are
1. Only God is immortal
>> Of course as earlier said Only God is immortal, man & angels however are "immortal"
>> The Tree of Life is man's and the angels' sustenance for "immortality"
- it's important to recognise that, live forever doesnt mean cannot die or will not die

2. In no sense at all is MAN immortal, all over the bible from Gen 2:7,
MAN is referred to as Mortal in his entirety not in parts - Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc.
Note : It does not say the body of MAN is mortal, it says MAN , that's 100% him/her is mortal.

>> Though there arent any reference to "immortality" in Gen 2:7, you are talking of immortal, instead of inferring "immortal"
>> Are the references in Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc before or after that of Genesis 3:22?

And the LORD God said,
"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

- Genesis 3:22 NIV

Then the LORD God said,
"Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.
What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it?
Then they will live forever!"

- Genesis 3:22 NLT

>> The body of man, whether physical, spiritual, whole or 100% is "immortal".
It wouldnt decay, degrade, be corruptible inasmuch as it is subjected to having access to and eating off the Tree of Life

3. Angels are not mortal , they may have a life span that is controlled by God based on obedience,
but angels can be destroyed as per Ezekiel 28:19 and Mark 1:24

>> Angels are not immortal but are "immortal"
>> We shared similar earlier, phew at least you agree that angels can be destroyed

>> "Immortality" and not Immortality is the gift

How does one who doesnt know the meaning of rant and/or how to use rant, now want to share knowledge of greek words

How can you be mismatching "aphthartos" (i.e. no-corruption (unable to experience deterioration); incorruptibility (not perishable), i.e. lacking the very capacity to decay or constitutionally break down)
for "athanasia" (i.e. immortality, imperishability, freedom from death)

The former is, immortality, as is the case with God, the however latter is "immortality", as experienced by man and angels.
Man ceased to be free from death, after he ate of the TTKOGE, got blocked and having no access to the Tree of Life
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=BabaGnoni post=29453093]
frosbel is now taking to having bits of salad with biblical meat now...
- we are having Greek salads (e.g. aphthartos) now are we
You are skirting all over the place with scriptures like Romans 1:23 and getting your knickers twisted and tied up in knots with it
What a pretentious hooey most of your 1-4 bullet points are
1. Only God is immortal
>> Of course as earlier said Only God is immortal, man & angels however are "immortal"
>> The Tree of Life is man's and the angels' sustenance for "immortality"
2. In no sense at all is MAN immortal, all over the bible from Gen 2:7,
MAN is referred to as Mortal in his entirety not in parts - Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc.
Note : It does not say the body of MAN is mortal, it says MAN , that's 100% him/her is mortal.

>> Though there arent any reference to "immortality" in Gen 2:7, you are talking of immortal, instead of inferring "immortal"

Thanks BabaGnoni for making me do some further study on this Matter !

My Response ;

God did not mention prior to the fall that MAN was immortal or incapable of dying, in fact God made the contrary statement, thus ;

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die" - Genesis 2:17

Man was made with the potential to Live forever but he did not possess this ability YET !! His potential for immortality was always based on OBEDIENCE. We see evidence that when he disobeyed he became liable to DIE ;

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

The underlined as you also quoted quite directly validates that fact that MAN had not yet attained the ability to LIVE FOREVER .

He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever - Genesis 3:22

Now let's skip all the way to the new testament .....

As you rightly said immortality has two Greek words which are aphthartos and athanasia . I suggest we examine the meanings in the context of scripture and not independent of the context. We will take two scriptural examples from each meaning ( I know you understand the meanings but let me restate for the benefit of ALL ).

862. aphthartos from the lexicon means - 'uncorrupted, not liable to corruption or decay, imperishable of things immortal of the risen dead'

1 Corinthians 15:52 : in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Timothy 1:17 : Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen

In both instances the same Greek word aphthartos is used for both MAN and GOD ( of course in differing circumstances ) and emphasizes a condition of incorruptibility, not able to die or decay , inherent in the case of God and derived in this case of MAN. Same meaning however in both instances.

Secondly word used for immortality ;

110. athanasia from the lexicon means - 'undying, immortality, everlasting'

1 Timothy 6:16 :" who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 : "For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory."

Here again, for both God and MAN , the same word Immortality with eternal life, i.e not liable to death from everlasting to everlasting, a gift from God to man which he will not revoke.

Somehow though and with the spirit of honesty and civility , I am inclined to agree with you that MAN before the fall was made incorruptible, imperishable , i,e applying the meaning of 'immortal' as defined in[b] strongs 862[/b] .

However he had the potential for immortal using the strongs 110 definition. This potential gift was forfeited after the fall and only attainable through the tree of life as you rightly mentioned which we know relates to Christ.

My summary in the light of this small write up and in the context of scripture overall is as follows :

1. Before the fall, man was incorruptible , not able or liable to perish etc. ( 'immortal' strongs 862)
2. Before the fall , if MAN had obeyed God, he would have further gained the most cherished gift of an undying nature, i.e not able to die. ( immortal strongs 110).
3. After the Fall MAN forfeited both 862 and 110, i.e he was not fully 100% Mortal, not partly Mortal.
4. Mortal when used in reference to MAN always addresses the entire MAN .

>> Are the references in Isaiah 51:12, Job 4:17, etc before or after that of Genesis 3:22?

After the fall !

>> The body of man, whether physical, spiritual, whole or 100% is "immortal".
It wouldnt decay, degrade, be corruptible inasmuch as it is subjected to having access to and eating off the Tree of Life

Before the fall in the context of strongs definition 862 I am inclined to agree . After the fall however MAN became totally mortal and corruptible in every sense of the word.

I have a feeling we may be saying the same thing here, ranting makes it difficult to decipher you see grin

3. Angels are not mortal , they may have a life span that is controlled by God based on obedience,
but angels can be destroyed as per Ezekiel 28:19 and Mark 1:24

>> Angels are not immortal but are "immortal"

I agree with the immortal in the context of strongs definition 862.

>> "Immortality" and not Immortality is the gift

I disagree.

As shown in the scripture the gift is immortal while the pre-fall state was 'immortal' (strongs defintion 110)

How does one who doesnt know the meaning of rant and/or how to use rant, now want to share knowledge of greek words

your approach comes across as ranting I will be honest , maybe you want to organise your work a bit better so one can read and follow your logic in a manner of sequence.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Image123(m): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Good you noticed that too
Who doesn't too?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Image123:
Who doesn't too?
You got me beat.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by GooseBaba: 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Image123:

The reality before us is that precious things are hidden to us, and we need to pry, mine, dig, extract and refine. That is life, not a game.

The REALITY you say...smh.. How is reading a book filled with superstition and dog shiiit our collective realities..

To pry mine, dig, extract and refine from written works of men is the ultimate mind game..

How does one quantify or measure these actions..? Let me guess.. Delusion.. All praise and honour belongs to allegory and metaphor.. Amen..!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God: Chidi Okorafor & His Thugs Attack Pastors, Beat, Teargas Them / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / What's The Funniest Church Name You've Heard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.