Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21350 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

Unless it's not the same NL we are using o! They are numerous o!
At least 10 sad
Names? angry
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

That is like calling daddy to watch you, while you want to steal meat from the pot. sad

This guy is not serious cheesy cheesy. Babe say make you take her out you dey fear her non existing numerous husband. Kai which kain level be this Na Haba.

Bro do the needful ... cool . Go and have fun and detox your self from the toxicity in the both sections you frequent.

Who knows... lipsrsealed
Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Most of us do.
That's when Love, the decision comes into play.

Exactly to be able to make that decision that is why I go in with my Brian.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

This guy is not serious cheesy cheesy. Babe say make you take her out you dey fear her non existing numerous husband. Kai which kain level be this Na Haba.

Bro do the needful ... cool . Go and have fun and detox your self from the toxicity in the both sections you frequent.

Who knows... lipsrsealed

Paranoia be gripping NL dudes since time imoriver......
They attach boyfys to popular ladies on here, even when clearly, none is existent. sad

Well Said MBriggs
He ought to do the needful cool

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

That is like calling daddy to watch you, while you want to steal meat from the pot. sad
Gerrout sad
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mizmycoli..Nice work,feeling ur blog

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Who knows... lipsrsealed
Please tell him sad
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

My brother, nkwucha aburo ujo. grin
Even u.j know sef.

Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Paranoia be gripping NL dudes since time imoriver......
They attach boyfys to popular ladies on here, even when clearly, none is existent. sad

Well Said MBriggs
He ought to do the needful cool

Lol ... Very true. Sha I was just pulling his legs cheesy . He knows how to do the needful.

Nonso23:

My brother, nkwucha aburo ujo. grin
Even u.j know sef.

grin grin grin

Very true.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
UjSizzle:

Please tell him sad

I don tell am. Omara efe o na eme. grin
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by BJ4REEL(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Things can only get better Sir smiley
Sure ma'm!!! kiss
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Love and mind games Inter alia according to Mizmycoli the Queen of Nairaland's damsels.
tongue

This topic is inexhaustible and also differs according to each persons experiences.

Societal values have eroded and what we all call love today is far from the ideals.

Most of us now believe loving relationships should come with fringe benefits. Paying bills, occasional dates, gifts and shopping spree. The guys also look out for mind blowing sex and quickies if bad gets to worse.

Now this is the point most of us are and it's pretty difficult to figure out what the ideals is supposed to be. The media isn't helping out on this issue.

I can keep going on and on ranting until I feel helpless on this thing called Love.
Not even sure it's a thing or just wishful thinking that the ideal exists and could happen.

Not given up yet tho'.
At best I'd conclude it's a risk, the more calculated you are, the more successful you might get in or out without getting hurt or heart broken.

That's my humble submission, opinions might differ.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Anaskie(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
rittyben:
Thanks
Ur welcome dear. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels dis way.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Lero15(m): 12:03am On Dec 28, 2014
All I can say is... Mizmycoli writes well
Re: Why So Afraid? by simdam500(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2014
walks in from my sleep, looking everybody dumbly.....

confuse if it a love seminar.

by the way, I've checked your blog. it nice
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2014
Lero15:
All I can say is... Miz mycoli writes well

Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2014
@simdam500 @Brandnew2

Thank You smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by Lero15(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

Thanks Sir

Uwc

Compliments smiley

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by waxyung(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Wish i cud stop being shy.. Bt i tink ts natural...
Re: Why So Afraid? by yesboss20(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
REB3L:
Frankly,love is overrated,you can have love for your family,God,your friends......but to have love for a member of the opposite sex...is just like eating a bowl of pepper soup without having Any thing to help you "step it down"
it may start up as being sweet,you are enjoying it to the fullest,then you become quite uncomfortable
....until finally your body screams for you to back down AND stop it.... same with love.
it may be weird but actually i believe that the law of diminished returns works also in love.

As hilarious as that is, it remains am erroneous analogy. Quite laughable too. I like your angle though.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2014
Awesome! awesome!! Awesome!!!

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by softwhispers: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
l admire ur expressive writing style, deeply.
Equally worthy of note - correct me if I'm in d wrong - is d skillful manner u skirt topics that might be offensive to public decency: a very useful skill when ur intended audience is vast and varied.
l hv a few tots on dis matter which I'll now proceed to share...
Re: Why So Afraid? by softwhispers: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=softwhispers post=29932062]
l personally, hav given up on romantic love(well, pple do change, mind u).
Now, don't get me wrong: I'm a great fan of budding romances & l take great pleasure in observing hw bein in love brings out d best in couples!
So "what is ur problem, boy?", u wonder.
This: I'm so afraid to fail that l wont even try (again). Now that's a qoute frm Dido's 'Life for Rent' which, l suppose, resonates well with many here.
To love - that pure, selfless, romantic devotion to an object of deep affection - is a huge investment: one in which returns are not guaranteed!
And by 'returns', l simply mean full reciprocation!
For what is loving if it isn't mutual?
'True love' (if you'll excuse that designation has never before been under such a barrage of attacks - so fervent and sustained - as it (love) now is.
Consider a few protagonists of love:
FEMINISM
I find it curious that any feminist should contract a heterosexual marriage - homosexual involvements are a lot less puzzling.
At its core, feminism breeds narcissism which is in diametric contradiction to d very tenets of loving.
D feminist sees herself as a sun of sorts, around which d earth must revolve.
But to truly love is to be wholly altruistic, or so l suppose!
THE NEW MORALITY
l don't even kno if this describes any known concept but by 'new morality', l refer to d prevailing view in modern society that a life of sexual gratification is d apogee of fulfillment. Modern society, abetted by d media, paints d picture-perfect individual as that one who beds anyone that catches their fancy.
Such a theory is at best, contradictory for humans naturally derive d greatest satisfaction from giving: not getting.ለ (any parents here will at once grasp my meaning).
So u see, a number of peeps out there hav by their very lifestyles, conditioned themselves to never fall in love!
They cant even recognize love!!!
How can u be enraptured by someone when all u see is their sex appeal??
EDUCATION
Is being educated ever a bad thin?
Not quite!
Still, as one pursues higher levels of education, a heightened level of self awareness evolves. U begin to see how 'good' u really are: and how 'bad' everyone else is - u become too good for d world (of d opposite sex)!
Too, there's d prevailing view among intellectuals that smhow, falling in love is naive: smthing scornful and demeaning.
So everyone pursues sophistication and forbid themselves frm falling on love..
I COULD GO ON AND ON, BUT I GUESS I'VE ALREADY SAID FAR TOO MUCH!
AND FOR THOSE WHO SEE MY TOTS AS BALDERDASH, PLS FORGIVE MY RAMBLINGS!
PLS FORGIVE MY LOOOOOONNNGGGG POST; JUST MY RANDOM TOTS...
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
softwhispers:
l admire ur expressive writing style, deeply.
Equally worthy of note - correct me if I'm in d wrong - is d skillful manner u skirt topics that might be offensive to public decency: a very useful skill when ur intended audience is vast and varied.
l hv a few tots on dis matter which I'll now proceed to share...

shocked Only me?
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
@softwhispers

I'm so afraid to fail that l wont even try (again). Now that's a qoute frm Dido's 'Life for Rent' which, l suppose, resonates well with many here.

iono what to say to this.
Fact is this; If I haven't walked your journey, I have no business judging your story.

One thing I do know though:-
To Love, to truly love is to be God.
There is no fear in Love and there is no love in fear.

in my opinion, I think you should release yourself, by that, I mean, making up your mind to love again. This doesn't necessarily mean that you should go all out in search of Love, no.
It's about preparing your mind.
It's about learning what Love is really about.
I strongly believe that Love is way beyond feelings, it's a decision.

To love - that pure, selfless, romantic devotion to an object of deep affection - is a huge investment: one in which returns are not guaranteed!
And by 'returns', l simply mean full reciprocation!
For what is loving if it isn't mutual?

I agree with you, and I disagree.
Loving a person who doesn't reciprocate in equal measure, how much more nothing? That is one of the most frustrating vocations to engage in.

I as a person......I don't want to be involved in such mumu project, honestly angry

But then again, looking beyond ourselves, our desires and seeing the world as a whole; doing our best to fulfil God's utmost will for marriage "To Love As God Loves"
Phew!
That's a task!

I am convinced that God is love, but my imagination in that regard is stretched when I remember that God loves me and that Bokoharam guy who just severed a man's neck from his body EQUALLY!
The difference is that I walk in greater awareness of God's love for me than the guy, which enables me to access certain graces, virtues and mercies than him.
It's hard to imagine, yes. But ultimately, it is what it is.

That's the kind of love, the ideal that God wants us as his creation to rise up to.

I for one; I believe in the power of love alone to transform our world.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
THE NEW MORALITY
l don't even kno if this describes any known concept but by 'new morality', l refer to d prevailing view in modern society that a life of sexual gratification is d apogee of fulfillment. Modern society, abetted by d media, paints d picture-perfect individual as that one who beds anyone that catches their fancy.
Such a theory is at best, contradictory for humans naturally derive d greatest satisfaction from giving: not getting. (any parents here will at once grasp my meaning).
So u see, a number of peeps out there hav by their very lifestyles, conditioned themselves to never fall in love!
They cant even recognize love!!!
How can u claim to be enraptured by someone when all u see is their sex appeal??

@Softwhispers, Your Head Sir, is very Correct! grin grin
cool

EDUCATION
Is being educated ever a bad thin?
Not quite!
Still, as one pursues higher levels of education, a heightened level of self awareness evolves. U begin to see how 'good' u really are: and how 'bad' everyone else is - u become too good for d world (of d opposite sex)!
Too, there's d prevailing view among intellectuals that smhow, falling in love is naive: smthing scornful and demeaning.
So everyone pursues sophistication and forbid themselves frm falling on love..

Lol.
Lolest.

People with such shool of thought lack understanding (no offense) smiley

I'm tempted to write an epistle on this, but, make I just chill smiley

It gets better.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Taaheey(m): 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
On Love and Marriage

Prior to this time, the time of women liberation and independence rave, a man worked hard to earn the financial and moral right to marriage. He seeks a bride, finds one easily because the ladies [back then still] knew it was their right, luck and social responsibility to accept a 'ready man' without much fuss. Back then the biggest unknown was parents' approval...heck! The parents were the 'unsmiling judges' of one's spouse back then.

I don't know if what the resulting couples had was love, but they were happy. Those types of couples gave birth to most of us here discussing today, and they still married!

Fast-forward to the prevailing situation today. The decision is even more of the lady's to make than the man. The number of rejected proposals from men is on a continous rise. Because of the sense of liberation, intelligence and educational qualifications our young ladies have achieved, they are just not ready to end their education in a man's kitchen anymore! Not in a hurry.

Guys are afraid, I am afraid...Yes!!! Its because the one statement I dread most is hearing my wife say 'Wish I hadn't married you'...or 'I made a mistake'....damn, thats gonna hurt!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sweet: The Picture Of This Jamaican Girl Will Live You Drooling (18+) / Why Do White Women Age Faster Than Black Women / Nairaland Get Together Party (Easter Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.