Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21395 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 9:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , I reserve my comment sha

but seriously, what's the abstract intangible thing u want from us?.. we can't seem to understand.
Re: Why So Afraid? by IamDejman(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

smiley
You can make a fresh start.
Look!
Its a new year! cheesy

Girls are the major problem...

When you decide to risk all for one, u end up disappointed cos dats when she'll bring up all doubt abt one!!!
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2014
UjSizzle:

Tell me, have you ever been in love?

I don't mean showing love to the human race. I mean finding that one person you want to share your life with, and it felt like your very soul was sucked out of you.

I've been in that kind of love, that sucks.
I'm learning of a whole new paradigm.
I'm looking forward to love that is reciprocated. smiley

can't wait to experment my new findings on what Love really is!
Lolz

That said --- I told myself the bitter truth, I've never really loved undecided
Now I want to.
But I need to be sure the person is worth it undecided

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley
chronique:
Your article has put a smile on my face this saturday morning,and has sent my brain and mind,on a journey that I hope would yeild returns. Thanks for putting smiles on the faces of most of us who have read this. I'd be looking out for more of your write-ups henceforth. If need be,I might send you a PM. Good morning Coli.

Thanks Sir.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley

paul990:
Mizmycoli, that's a Brilliant piece... I love your kind of person smiley

Thank you.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Cwaya:

*Clears Throat*

This babe shaa cheesy

You don't need to disturb heaven for Love matter naa

They've (heaven) got other ish to attend to jaare cheesy

Love is the fuel that fires heaven wink
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 10:00am On Dec 27, 2014
MissSlimbody:
I don't know how you do it,but you always hit a nerve embarassed

Tears rolled down my cheeks while reading cry

You're awesome dear kiss
May you never lack inspirations.

[size=16pt]Ise!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Why So Afraid? by Speakdatruth: 10:01am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

You have just sparked some truths.
Lolz grin
my moniker wasn't a fluke grin
Re: Why So Afraid? by IamDejman(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:
to the girls,

if u like a guy and u think he likes u too please dont make him prove himself to death.

everyday he has to prove something, every single moment.

i cant keep on chasing you, yes you. u have to slow down and accept the love i give.

i think the most difficult thing to accept is love.

So true!!! cool

The love would expire one day when you refuse to accept tongue
Re: Why So Afraid? by laplace12(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lol @Scrypt

Okay first of all, this is a very nice article that reflects what many people are going through. However I must point out that though everyone seems to be talking of how they have been hurt they have not stopped to think of those they have also hurt.

I believe life is a cycle and although love is very beautiful we find ways to complicate it. Boy A dates Girl A and gets hurt. In his next relationship with Girl B he tries to be very careful and to ration his affections as you stated in an earlier article. Girl B shows him love fully but feels that Boy A doesn't love her enough because he isn't showing it unknown to her he is trying to ration his love as a result of his past experience. Girl B is hurt and has resolved not to love fully again and also decided to ration her love in her next relationship with Boy B. Boy B gets hurt again and the cycle continues....

I'm not afraid to love. I love fully knowing that I may/may not get hurt at the end but that doesn't stop me from giving my all. Heartbreak has never killed anyone, with time you heal and you move on.

Life is too short and love too beautiful to be afraid to love.

My motto: Live and let live smiley

CC: Anaskie
Scrypt

Best explanation to the problem. We keep rationing and at the end there Will be no love left except the one people have for themselves.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

@Cwaya @Ela
If it takes that route, it's become an obsession of sorts.

Na its not really obsession , it majorally comes when your partner is not really understanding.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Cwaya(m): 10:12am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Love is the fuel that fires heaven wink

Lol.

Nice answer

Ah go miss una ! cool
Re: Why So Afraid? by jauntty: 10:12am On Dec 27, 2014
I used to fear a lot of things but not anymore. This is how I deal with my fears...whether in love, @ work, fear of snakes e.t.c. I ask my self 2 questions (1) " What is the worst thing that can happen if I try ".., (2) How can I minimize that". Most often I will just discover that the Fear is just a facade, an illusion created by my mind. For example what's the worst that can happen if I fall in love ? Maybe Hearthbreak. But that's Never too much of a risk to take
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

I've been in that kind of love, that sucks.
The one where it feels like you're receiving crumbs in exchange for a fvcking bakery you gave someone, right?

I'm learning of a whole new paradigm.
I'm looking forward to love that is reciprocated. smiley
You see the problem with this is, you're probably already in love before you realise it's not being reciprocated.

can't wait to experment my new findings on what Love really is!
I don't know that anybody truly understands what love is. But I'll like to borrow some of Krishna Murti's wisdom: To know love, you must eliminate all that isn't love.

That said --- I told myself the bitter truth, I've never really loved undecided
Now I want to.
But I need to be sure the person is worth it undecided
Now you've just explained why people are afraid to give love.
It's a crazy emotion that's really hard to deal with. I daresay it may be a lot different for women. Someone said Love is to women what war is to me. And only a fool goes to war without being prepared.
These very words echoes the same thing I read in the bible a long time ago: Don't wake love until it is ready.

The problem though is that you tend to find it when you aren't searching for it. And there's the possibility that you aren't even prepared for it. So how do you know the object is worth it?
What if said object is unable to reciprocate?

I can't imagine anyone wants to hurt all the time. It's strange though how we hold on to the pain, never really learning how to let go.

Love is yet the most simple yet complex thing in this world. To a large extent I feel the complexity is born out of our expectations.

Guard your heart for out of it comes the issues of life.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why So Afraid? by rittyben(f): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2014
Biko what is the fear of falling inlove with the wrong person called?
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lol @Scrypt

Okay first of all, this is a very nice article that reflects what many people are going through. However I must point out that though everyone seems to be talking of how they have been hurt they have not stopped to think of those they have also hurt.

I believe life is a cycle and although love is very beautiful we find ways to complicate it. Boy A dates Girl A and gets hurt. In his next relationship with Girl B he tries to be very careful and to ration his affections as you stated in an earlier article. Girl B shows him love fully but feels that Boy A doesn't love her enough because he isn't showing it unknown to her he is trying to ration his love as a result of his past experience. Girl B is hurt and has resolved not to love fully again and also decided to ration her love in her next relationship with Boy B. Boy B gets hurt again and the cycle continues....

I'm not afraid to love. I love fully knowing that I may/may not get hurt at the end but that doesn't stop me from giving my all. Heartbreak has never killed anyone, with time you heal and you move on.

Life is too short and love too beautiful to be afraid to love.

My motto: Live and let live smiley

CC: Anaskie
Scrypt
Cause and Effect.

Nice contribution.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2014
angry
Speakdatruth:
my moniker wasn't a fluke grin
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Cwaya:

Lol.

Nice answer

[size=14pt]Ah go miss una ! [/size] cool
Re: Why So Afraid? by jauntty: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2014
rittyben:
Biko what is the fear of falling inlove with the wrong person called?
LOL.....I only know Philophobia which is fear of falling in love
Re: Why So Afraid? by McSterling(m): 10:30am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Seriously Dear, Love is not bleeped up bullshit.
We made it that way.
I'm afraid of what we'll pass down to our generation.
We modified and have now made it so impossible.
we mix love, lust and infatuation.

Love Applies Self Control
Love Is not Obsessive
Love gives breathing Space.
The scenario you described above shows a person who has little or no self love.

Take it from me dear, Love that you have not given to yourself, you cannot give to others.
Even if you try to, it will not be received in its truest form.

Self love is not selfish.
The scenario isn't necessarily of one who has no self love. It's rather of one who loves genuinely, fully and ingenuously. It is actually the kind of treatment that is meted to him that demeans, dehumanizes, vitiates and devalues him, and leads to lack of self love as a consequence.

IMO, one should not commit one's emotions fully to a relationship until one is completely sure about that relationship. Even if one can't help committing, one shouldn't show it. Don't act desperate. Leave your partner the chance to value you. Leave him/her the chance to commit too. Don't try to do/overdo everything. Let him/her do something too. Let it be mutual doing. It is mutual feelings or love that makes a relationship. When love is unrequited, there's in fact no relationship.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Chubhie: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

@FirstEmboldened
Yes and No to that.

@Purpled --- now you know the reason for my "no" at first emboldened smiley

@SecondEmboldened
So, what if the universe has plans that don't align with your dictates at face value, even when you both re working towards a common goal?

@3rdEmboldened
If it happens now, honestly, do you think you'd recognize it?
Don't you think you've shut out that part completely?
For someone with this kind of thought process and big heart, I believe Love can happen to you.
Question is; Is your mind, your seat of awareness prepared?
That part of me has assumed a state of rest pending when a relevant force is applied to it. My problem has always been looking for perfection in an imperfect world and I've been constantly reminded to let such futile venture go. My subconscious as a defence mechanism reminds me it will only take a goddess for the kinda romantic connection I seek to happen. But honestly, as the day goes by the chances of it happening grows slimmer cos when you get people coming to you to help solve their relationship issues even married couples. Even news in romance and family sections testifies to such. Or maybe it wasn't part of some of us divine plan to be so romantically involved? I don't stress myself over things I've no control over so, if it happens good and if not life will always go on. The least I can do is keep all options open.
Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2014
IamDejman:

So true!!! cool

The love would expire one day when you refuse to accept tongue

i no get d emotional tank to keep offloading love. one dey e go finish.

even christ said, it is finished.

i go soon talk, it has finished o
Re: Why So Afraid? by Chubhie: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2014
My Fav Don william I believe In You keeps playing in my head after reading this beautiful piece.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Cwaya(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL

IF Question mark appears on people's head like this eh, I for like am ooo grin grin cheesy
Re: Why So Afraid? by Speakdatruth: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by IDEApro(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2014
The moral of this masterpiece is: Love is good.

THEME: Our dear sincerely seek Love.

Lessons: Challenges ain't limitations.

#My Opinion: No human can attain emotional stability so it is almost impracticable to reciprocate love and that's often leave us dejected, unappreciated and heartbroken. So the idea of loving is just a fantasy built by our brain to subconsciously control our actions and inaction.

When you find that one person you share personality with( love is overrated), try build friendship with him. Even as you acknowledge his several infatuated displays, let him understand that genuine friendship matters most to you than all of the lovey dovey showcase. It never last, believe me friendship does.

A lot of people that went into friendship with their partners had a resounding success stories to those that were beclouded with love. The point I am literally trying to make is that there is a thin line between Friendship and Love and you'd skip that in your brilliant piece.

All the same, wonderful write up.

Guess we won't hate into the new yeargrin. Happy celebrations!

#unverified entity musing as usual# lol
Re: Why So Afraid? by IamDejman(m): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:

i no get d emotional tank to keep offloading love. one dey e go finish.

even christ said, it is finished.

i go soon talk, it has finished o
Lol... No mind dose galz
Re: Why So Afraid? by Speakdatruth: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2014
UjSizzle:

The one where it feels like you're receiving crumbs in exchange for a fvcking bakery you gave someone, right?

You see the problem with this is, you're probably already in love before you realise it's not being reciprocated.

I don't know that anybody truly understands what love is. But I'll like to borrow some of Krishna Murti's wisdom: To know love, you must eliminate all that isn't love.

Now you've just explained why people are afraid to give love.
It's a crazy emotion that's really hard to deal with. I daresay it may be a lot different for women. Someone said Love is to women what war is to me. And only a fool goes to war without being prepared.
These very words echoes the same thing I read in the bible a long time ago: Don't wake love until it is ready.

The problem though is that you tend to find it when you aren't searching for it. And there's the possibility that you aren't even prepared for it. So how do you know the object is worth it?
What if said object is unable to reciprocate?

I can't imagine anyone wants to hurt all the time. It's strange though how we hold on to the pain, never really learning how to let go.

Love is yet the most simple yet complex thing in this world. To a large extent I feel the complexity is born out of our expectations.

Guard your heart for out of it comes the issues of life.

d latter part woud make me say ds: dia iz no universal difination of love. we all have got our own difinations which has formed our expections frm our potential partner n if not met, we say we havnt found love. d truth is love isn't complex, buh it's as complex as we make it seem
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:

but seriously, what's the abstract intangible thing u want from us?.. we can't seem to understand.

Lol , you guys don't want to understand tongue
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

1) Give your all, risk it all; the hurt or bliss.
2) Hold it in until you feel ready and miss out on the finest things; trading them for 'control' over your life and its attendant benefits.
To attempt to blend both options will lead to the usual mind games, unrealistic expectations and every other thing that is unhealthy for the union.

It's very simple but still very complex.
Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

Lol , you guys don't want to understand tongue

oya.. help us.. shhhh. tell us d secret.

what should we do, what shouldnt we do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The World Without Men! / Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience. / Sweet: The Picture Of This Jamaican Girl Will Live You Drooling (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.