Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21419 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by McSterling(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Uglyduckling:
You've just summarised my last experience in love with this. Now I'm stuck on whether to give love another chance or just forget about it totally. And the worse is that I am too afraid that I will hurt someone who will love me the way I loved. And I not ready to be a source of pain to anyone because I know how that feels.
Quite a dilemma.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Cwaya:

Yea I know..

What if it becomes a distraction?

*note: take note of the questions i ask*

That's my biggest question , all the time it has always been.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2014
aflyingbird:
i swear folks b trying 2 hard these days. op, read more 2 improve ur writing. u doing 2 much, patrick obahiagbon. simplify ur writing, gets ur point across much berra
I don't see anything intricating or Gepharamandus about OP post.Its very crystal like Buhari mission as a matter of fact its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind and u ought to have seen dat.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:
to the girls,

if u like a guy and u think he likes u too please dont make him prove himself to death.

everyday he has to prove something, every single moment.

i cant keep on chasing you, yes you. u have to slow down and accept the love i give.

i think the most difficult thing to accept is love.

You and I know the love most of you present is fake , how do you want us to know without proving it ?
Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

You and I know the love most of you present is fake , how do you want us to know without proving it ?

yippie.. u yaff enter d trap..

how do u want us to prove it?
cos to my surprise, the stake keeps getting higher..
Re: Why So Afraid? by chronique(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2014
@mizmycoli:

Permit me to call you a nice loving witch. How did you manage to write this? It feels like an x-ray of my entire emotional system and soul,was done by a doctor and His findings and prescriptions,written on a sheet of paper. That sums up what you wrote up there,for me and I think it might be same for a lot of folks out there.

My own defintion of love,is: living(L) on(O) venomous(V) emotions(E). Loving truly with your whole heart,consumes you and if it ever turns sour,it becomes a bad venom that tears people into shreds. That's the simple reason,why people hardly get over heartbreaks;the venomous emotions destroys their souls(most especially when they've given their all). We eventually find ourselves,protecting our fragile hearts and even when true love shows up,we tend to excuse ourselves from his presence for the fear of going through experiences from the past. But in our quiet moment,we sit and wish he's actually with us,we talk about how much we want him and all that. It's a scary crazy world we find ourselves in.

As for me,I love to love and wanna be loved back whole heartedly,I've got pure and genuine love to be given to the special one who deserves it,and I expect same. Irrespective of all the hurdles on my way to attaining this,I'd still give it a try. I'd try till I can no longer try and that would be the day my breath ceases.

When you love completely and you receive the same kind of love in equal dose and measure,the kind of happiness you derive from it,would supersede the type you get from earning a fat pay. Reason is,it is unconditional.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why So Afraid? by Samsonklin(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ This is my latest blogpost on www.mizmycolimusings..com

Waow! The blog's a huge leap of faith for me.
I'd appreciate your coming around and support.
Thanks in anticipation
smiley
Taaaaaaaaaaaah!
The sincerest love of all is the love of food.
#teamall-lovelost
Merry xmas MCOLI n a prosperous new year to ya
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2014
It's a shitty place to be stuck in. Period.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2014
I read your article about virginity and to be honest, i didn't get anything from it. Not everyone who is virgin is happy with it. There are those who are happy staying chaste and the are those who are just not happy!
Re: Why So Afraid? by yorex2011: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2014
cry..... cry.... Can't even come to nairaland as an escape cos i read things that remind me of my heartbreak.. Haba... Love is good.. But in this day its better not to love with all you have,.. It has risky potentials... Like i got to see.. That's when u realize how psychology, and emotions play a vital part in one's life...
Re: Why So Afraid? by Teespice(f): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2014
chronique:
@mizmycoli:

Permit me to call you a nice loving witch. How did you manage to write this? It feels like an x-ray of my entire emotional system and soul,was done by a doctor and His findings and prescriptions,written on a sheet of paper. That sums up what you wrote up there,for me and I think it might be same for a lot of folks out there.

My own defintion of love,is: living(L) on(O) venomous(V) emotions(E). Loving truly with your whole heart,consumes you and if it ever turns sour,it becomes a bad venom that tears people into shreds. That's the simple reason,why people hardly get over heartbreaks;the venomous emotions destroys their souls(most especially when they've given their all). We eventually find ourselves,protecting our fragile hearts and even when true love shows up,we tend to excuse ourselves from his presence for the fear of going through experiences from the past. But in our quiet moment,we sit and wish he's actually with us,we talk about how much we want him and all that. It's a scary crazy world we find ourselves in.

As for me,I love to love and wanna be loved back whole heartedly,I've got pure and genuine love to be given to the special one who deserves it,and I expect same. Irrespective of all the hurdles on my way to attaining this,I'd still give it a try. I'd try till I can no longer try and that would be the day my breath ceases.

When you love completely and you receive the same kind of love in equal dose and measure,the kind of happiness you derive from it,would supersede the type you get from earning a fat pay. Reason is,it is unconditional.

choi.

I totally agree with this post.

mizmycoli, brilliant piece. I can relate to what you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by datyrone(m): 7:55am On Dec 27, 2014
when you have been heartbroken before its difficult to give love anoda chance,especially when you v'been hit so hard so we use defence mechanisms to protect ourself.its human instinct not to not get forward and be battered again after a torrid experience.a fragile heart wud always get anoda genuine chance at love...and when it does,dnt be too blind or shrouded in self defence mechanisms and not be taken.

sometimes love comes around and knocks you down like a whirlwind,but u cant remain on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Next to a priest, my profession puts me in a position where I get to listen to different cheat stories of young ladies seeking medical help.

Now how do I open my heart to love when the ones I come across in my line of call make me realise ladies have equal tendencies to cheat as that of men, if not more.

Arrhythmia, tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, myocardial infarction, cardiomyositis, and other CVDs are nothing compared to a heartbreak!

But then, if I'd have to risk loving, then she has to share same quality with the lady below....

3 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Urine:

On the contrary mate, I think you have to work hard to improve your iq so you can understand issues better. This link will help http://m.wikihow.com/Improve-Your-IQ

Also, with your constant use of 2, ur, u and berra, it shows you need to start working on it ASAP.
My IQ is fantastic, bro. I write the way I do intentionally, on this site. I'm not on Nairaland to brag to nor impress anyone. wink
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

I love this piece. I think you are a wonderful person. You have my support.
Re: Why So Afraid? by waxyung(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2014
I mean it.. Dis is a mirror of my hrt content.. I jst cnt help bt read it over nd over again... Wez my luv?... #shy off
Re: Why So Afraid? by Taolyn4lif(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2014
nofij:
It is very wrong to love undecided

Please expatiate. Justify this statement with reasons.
Re: Why So Afraid? by 1miccza: 8:11am On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:
Hello Gentlemen, we have in our hands a case of pishmal dishmal this morning and its so sadornic and lucrubrious that it leaves us with no choice than to leave the fiction,fantancy and pentrocastrarian world and face the reality of the ideal world we are. @OP This is an article of ultmost commercial value,creative and informative,gigantic in opulesm,incontestible and decisive in fact i had say is worth than priceless, penetrating d impenetrable symphilis of a dead heart, I think you deserve an Award for this.
*MODIFIED*
From the few years have spent on earth i observe and keep check on it what is the reason "why" nd this i find out that People focus on "All i know about Love" leaving out the "all i don't know about love" so they end up disapointed,frustrated,whincalcommonized and hence they are afraid to give it a try again. But Love is the simplest thing u can create,give and accomodate.

Kai!!!!!Oga you want to break my head with english ne??
Re: Why So Afraid? by 1miccza: 8:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Me I am vewy vewy afwaid to love fa. I don't want to get hurt or be taken for a ride...
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2014
Gracias! Mizmycoli
Re: Why So Afraid? by Poindexter: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2014
Fine read. Kudos OP

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by 1miccza: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2014
Samsonklin:

Taaaaaaaaaaaah!
The sincerest love of all is the love of food.
#teamall-lovelost
Merry xmas MCOLI n a prosperous new year to ya

Bros your head is there #teamall-lovelost ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2014
1miccza:

Kai!!!!!Oga you want to break my head with english ne??
Na ur example i dey follow o
Re: Why So Afraid? by 1miccza: 8:22am On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:
Na ur example i dey follow o

Bros I reach?all this grammar?you want compete with igodomigo?
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 8:28am On Dec 27, 2014
We are afraid to love because we are afraid to be naked. We cover ourselves with lies and deceptions so much we are afraid to look at the things we hide. Even the simplest things get complicated because we need to coat everything with the "veneer of civilization", creating facades we show to the world to appear "more interesting". Is it any surprise we are afraid to love when love requires you to be beholden by the other without any deceptions? Naked?

Until we learn to live without all those coverings we throw upon ourselves, we will not love. Until we learn to be comfortable being naked we will continue to be lonely in the midst of a crowd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:

yippie.. u yaff enter d trap..

how do u want us to prove it?
cos to my surprise, the stake keeps getting higher..

Lol , me I don't know o , am only scared of giving my all and getting little or nothing in return .
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

Lol , me I don't know o , am only scared of giving my all and getting little or nothing in return .

Never give your love because of another person. Give your love for you. This way your love will remain true even if the other does not.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Cwaya(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

That's my biggest question , all the time it has always been.

This and other reasons too !
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2014
nabsprada:

@op,Humans by default fear the unknown...people are so afraid to love for different reasons,but mostly because love is often UNEQUAL and makes one feel vulnerable"What if he/she hurts me?" "What if he/she leaves me"? "What if he/she dies"?embarassed

How long do we intend to remain this way? Maybe till we realize that "Love doesn't mean we are never gonna get hurt" Till we realize we've got to risk it cause any pain you feel can never be compared to the regret of walking away from Love!!!

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley
ROZZAYY:
Nice piece mizmycoli.
Love, Love, Love! Hmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks Ma'am
Re: Why So Afraid? by Neldrizzy(m): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2014
Hustle must pay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? / Ever Had A Near Rape Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.