Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21418 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by Funjosh(m): 5:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Let me blow my horn Phine grin

May be I should give love a Trail come 2015 wink
Re: Why So Afraid? by jaybiz007(m): 5:03am On Dec 27, 2014
Nice write-up really, same love story that almost choked my academic abilities. Over and out for now.
Re: Why So Afraid? by duni04(m): 5:10am On Dec 27, 2014
FP? Serious? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 27, 2014
i swear folks b trying 2 hard these days. op, read more 2 improve ur writing. u doing 2 much, patrick obahiagbon. simplify ur writing, gets ur point across much berra

2 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by nofij(m): 5:11am On Dec 27, 2014
It is very wrong to love undecided
Re: Why So Afraid? by totalhouse(m): 5:15am On Dec 27, 2014
Nothing as sweet as love.Coming to term wt the fact that God himself is LOVE, not faith, gift, prayer, miracle but a miracle worker.
Some see love as hurting,cruel and heartbreaking because they have not found true love. What they called true love are at best infatuation.
Love is sweet because it is abt companionship,which helps you to walk tru the journey of life aided.
No one can do it alone, you need a companion.you need someone always by your side.
DON'T FEAR TO FALL IN LOVE, ONLY FEAR TO FAIL TO LOVE.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by Generalkorex(m): 5:17am On Dec 27, 2014
@op it seems yu knw whats wrong with me.
Re: Why So Afraid? by ROZZAYY(f): 5:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Nice piece mizmycoli.
Love, Love, Love! Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why So Afraid? by 1one: 5:49am On Dec 27, 2014
Very Beautiful Piece kiss.

Very Very Beautiful Piece kiss kiss

Very Very Very Beautiful Piece kiss kiss kiss

Love scares the knickers off of me, but not because of past hurt, not at all, but rather because the way my personality and heart has been cultured; I have so so so much to give in love, the fear becomes- Will she have so so so much to give me in return too. I know love is supposed to be selfless and unexpectant(atleast some versions of what loves means have these ideals as its centre piece) but at the same time, I'm human and by being human, something deep inside me craves for a "kick back".

We can't also help but realize that love, as wonderful as it is, in this present age, has become such a "political concept".

I believe in love...I believe in love alot... and in 2015, I hope love believes in me enough to find me.

Once again MizMyColi..... Very Beautiful Piece.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by Wittylens(m): 5:51am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ This is my latest blogpost on www.mizmycolimusings..com

Waow! The blog's a huge leap of faith for me.
I'd appreciate your coming around and support.
Thanks in anticipation
smiley
l

Nice content but your blog design is too poor . please work on it as I will be visiting more often
Re: Why So Afraid? by lirusehn(m): 6:00am On Dec 27, 2014
mi hardly smile. undecided. This got me waohing smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by Elcapo(m): 6:03am On Dec 27, 2014
ℓ̊ove Į̸̸̨§ Overrated...
in †Ϟε end Ɣ٥u are always alone

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by haibe(m): 6:10am On Dec 27, 2014
aflyingbird:
i swear folks b trying 2 hard these days. op, read more 2 improve ur writing. u doing 2 much, patrick obahiagbon. simplify ur writing, gets ur point across much berra
u are joking ryt

2 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by haibe(m): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2014
The last time I tried love, it was disheartening and I felt so empty and heartbroken. Anyone who sees me then will think I was under a spell,l. In the end, the love wasn't reciprocated. Not sure I will ever find a girl like that again, that's why I don't even think of such love again cos I won't only hate myself if it doesn't work out as planned, I also may not love the one meant for me the way I ought to. So for now, I have said and saying no to love cheesy
Re: Why So Afraid? by STENON(f): 6:20am On Dec 27, 2014
Love!!!.....
Why am I afraid to love again?

so many thought provoking answers to that questn.
Re: Why So Afraid? by culcid(m): 6:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Oh, do we still talk about love, to me it doesn't worth it, because its just a cycle. Always starts with attraction, then you start spending more time with him/her, likeness sets in, progresses to love, oh what a great feeling, nothing counts anymore, d best gift from nature, sacrifices, disappointments, commitment etc. Now you are fully attached, the world stops when he/she is away, why go through all the stress. All of a sudden, normal things you can do becomes too hard, you start seeing the world through his/her eyes, fear sets in, her/his every movement starts to count, you become possessive and jealous, you start thinking about only them, gradually you are becoming violent ....................Gbam!!! You are out again searching for love . It doesn't worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by uboma(m): 6:24am On Dec 27, 2014
aflyingbird:

To the contrary, you need to improve on your reading skills and build up your vocabs.

the op's post is clear and understandable.

5 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by uboma(m): 6:33am On Dec 27, 2014
@ MizMyColi,

Love is a beautiful experience although with its up and down sides. But it is we humans that makes the experience hard/difficult....

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by NoContract(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2014
Single ladies fraternity.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Urine: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2014
aflyingbird:

On the contrary mate, I think you have to work hard to improve your iq so you can understand issues better. This link will help http://m.wikihow.com/Improve-Your-IQ

Also, with your constant use of 2, ur, u and berra, it shows you need to start working on it ASAP.

7 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by Urine: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2014
haibe:
The last time I tried love, it was disheartening and I felt so empty and heartbroken. Anyone who sees me then will think I was under a spell,l. In the end, the love wasn't reciprocated. Not sure I will ever find a girl like that again, that's why I don't even think of such love again cos I won't only hate myself if it doesn't work out as planned, I also may not love the one meant for me the way I ought to. So for now, I have said and saying no to love cheesy

MizMyColi, this is the real issue here, some people love hard, love like they are under a spell. What assurance can you give these people?

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by successgirl84(f): 6:53am On Dec 27, 2014
so nice tanx for giving me reasons to go on
Re: Why So Afraid? by haibe(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2014
Urine:

MizMyColi, this is the real issue here, some people love hard, love like they are under a spell. What assurance can you give these people?
lol
Re: Why So Afraid? by McSterling(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Love can be a dangerous/unhealthy thing especially when you invest all your emotions and energies into it. You love somebody so much; you become so dependent on them like an invalid. You literally can't do without them. And even when they hurt and abuse you, you can't feel it, you can't see it. And when you do see and feel it, you keep going back to get hurt. You become a masochist of sorts- you relish the pain. Even when it's crystal clear that they do not love you at all or at least not as much as you do, you fail to see, you fail to accept. You're so emotionally attached. You so desperately want their love and so you end up vitiating yourself in the process.

That's some f*cked up bullsh*t!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by haibe(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2014
culcid:
Oh, do we still talk about love, to me it doesn't worth it, because its just a cycle. Always starts with attraction, then you start spending more time with him/her, likeness sets in, progresses to love, oh what a great feeling, nothing counts anymore, d best gift from nature, sacrifices, disappointments, commitment etc. Now you are fully attached, the world stops when he/she is away, why go through all the stress. All of a sudden, normal things you can do becomes too hard, you start seeing the world through his/her eyes, fear sets in, her/his every movement starts to count, you become possessive and jealous, you start thinking about only them, gradually you are becoming violent ....................Gbam!!! You are out again searching for love . It doesn't worth it.

it doesn't worth it at all

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Again, beautiful expressions from MizMyColi. This one's like good promise for the new year. Please eat love, drink love and make love. It's good and there's vitamins and other minerals in it tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by Tallesty1(m): 7:00am On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:
Hello Gentlemen, we have in our hands a case of pishmal dishmal this morning and its so sadornic and lucrubrious that it leaves us with no choice than to leave the fiction,fantancy and pentrocastrarian world and face the reality of the ideal world we are. @OP This is an article of ultmost commercial value,creative and informative,gigantic in opulesm,incontestible and decisive in fact i had say is worth than priceless, penetrating d impenetrable symphilis of a dead heart, I think you deserve an Award for this.
*MODIFIED*
From the few years have spent on earth i observe and keep check on it what is the reason "why" nd this i find out that People focus on "All i know about Love" leaving out the "all i don't know about love" so they end up disapointed,frustrated,whincalcommonized and hence they are afraid to give it a try again. But Love is the simplest thing u can create,give and accomodate.
Weldone bro
Re: Why So Afraid? by Uglyduckling: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2014
McSterling:
Love can be a dangerous/unhealthy thing especially when you invest all your emotions and energies into it. You love somebody so much; you become so dependent on them like an invalid. You literally can't do without them. And even when they hurt and abuse you, you can't feel it, you can't see it. And when you do see and feel it, you keep going back to get hurt. You become a masochist of sorts- you relish the pain. Even when it's crystal clear that they do not love you at all or at least not as much as you do, you fail to see, you fail to accept. You're so emotionally attached. You so desperately want their love and so you end up vitiating yourself in the process.

That's some f*cked up bullsh*t!
You've just summarised my last experience in love with this. Now I'm stuck on whether to give love another chance or just forget about it totally. And the worse is that I am too afraid that I will hurt someone who will love me the way I loved. And I not ready to be a source of pain to anyone because I know how that feels.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2014
Tallesty1:
Weldone bro
Thank u sir
Re: Why So Afraid? by FKBZ: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2014
People are afraiD to love,cos opening their heart to love makes them vulnerable to hurt.and even when they get hurt they won't want a repeat so they don't appear weak.
Most folks just Like you nowadays and not love wholeheartedly.
While some people from birth they don't know or feel loved....so it always hard to receive or return it when it comes along the way.
Re: Why So Afraid? by BJ4REEL(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmm....op, more like you talking to me...
Argghh...i guess my heart has been so hardened? cry
Re: Why So Afraid? by Chubhie: 7:19am On Dec 27, 2014
This is SoulSpeak for me. You are in the spirit. I've had cause to pledge myself to personal freedom and self development with detached emotional involvement in all affairs. The term love have been so bastardized that love as one of beautiful feelings of being human has lost its salt. Tho, have found a personal way of working things through and connecting on a soul level with one I'm truly committed with. It took me like 3years of deliberate hard work to achieve with a certain ex and we got connected on a soul level and it was pure magic. A thing could become so special and become the envy of gods. I got stabbed and my sorry asss dumped as at then was still finding my feet as an upcoming young chap gunning for financial freedom. Have gone through amazing transformations and have discovered to self love and not seek it outside. It over flows and spills to all Gods creature without expecting nothing in return. It will be a cosmic injustice to pour it all on a single soul!!!! I'm afraid and really afraid of getting involved romantically with the wrong person cos all I now represent could be made a mess of. But most times, you wished you had that ONE you let into that private place of innocence and experiment as little kids in a vast universe filled with endless possibilities. Mum wants cute grandkids and I've told the universe to re align and fish a match cos I don't have time to work on a raw material anymore. If it doesn't happen I'm still committed to self love and spreading goodwill amongst Gods beautiful creatures. Only by cosmic intervention have I held out for so long.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? / Ever Had A Near Rape Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.