Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21377 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2014
This is deep, Nice piece... love is something humans will continually try to define and understand. I have given up trying to understand it. I just live, I just enjoy life. I just do to others what I expect to be done to me.

I think love is risky business, I am not afraid to love, I am more afraid of falling out of love. My formula is simple when I love ... I take my brain with me.

#MathewBriggs

3 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by 1one: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2014
LordReed:

Don't be afraid of not receiving instead focus on the joy of giving. Your giving will be as seeds that when planted germinate, some take long others are quick but patience is the key to seeing your harvest.

Thank you smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by Penboy: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2014
McSterling:
Love can be a dangerous/unhealthy thing especially when you invest all your emotions and energies into it. You love somebody so much; you become so dependent on them like an invalid. You literally can't do without them. And even when they hurt and abuse you, you can't feel it, you can't see it. And when you do see and feel it, you keep going back to get hurt. You become a masochist of sorts- you relish the pain. Even when it's crystal clear that they do not love you at all or at least not as much as you do, you fail to see, you fail to accept. You're so emotionally attached. You so desperately want their love and so you end up vitiating yourself in the process.

That's some f*cked up bullsh*t!
oh lawd! Am scared.
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

I don't believe in horoscopes and all that stuff but sometimes when i read your posts it's like your are ripping out my own very thoughts.
Na wa o! grin

Mizmycoli, you are very correct but there are actually only two options.
1) Give your all, risk it all; the hurt or bliss.
2) Hold it in until you feel ready and miss out on the finest things; trading them for 'control' over your life and its attendant benefits.
To attempt to blend both options will lead to the usual mind games, unrealistic expectations and every other thing that is unhealthy for the union.

It's very simple but still very complex.
Lol I feel the same way too grin

2 Likes

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:

oya.. help us.. shhhh. tell us d secret.

what should we do, what shouldnt we do?

If I tell you it will no longer be a secret na cheesy
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

grin grin
So when are you taking me out this holiday? cheesy
Re: Why So Afraid? by papindinho(m): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Love is really not a 'let me go for it once and for all' thing cause once you lose your heart, the head is in trouble.

Nice piece MizMycoli
Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

If I tell you it will no longer be a secret na cheesy

after much research in finding out what women want. i have come to d conclusion that, they don't even know what they want.

we give them what we like.. some would like it, some wouldn't.

guys, best thing is, stick to d ones that can tolerate ur downsides and celebrate ur good sides..

no kill yasef o. d stake gets higher
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by BJ4REEL(m): 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

I think I can relate.
It all begins in the mind.
It is the battlefield, the centre of awareness.
hmmm...been like that for like 4 to 5 years now, trying as much as possible staying away from ladies entirely; though not easy, but i dont think i hold any regret whatsoever.
Though sometimes i do think am being a little to hard on myself, hence when read your piece, i just felt the emotion that's been forcefully bottled up surge even beyound my most relied grip.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Mzgracie(f): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nice one, Miz....

I'm currently passing through a similar situation. In this case, I am in love. Totally in love but really scared of loving fully. And Gosh! He is a sweet man.

I find myself getting scared easily when it comes to matters related to love and relationship. I guess my major fear is heartbreak. I don't wanna pass through that shit any longer.

You know, this world itself is somehow complicated and twisted. A world full of lying and deceitful men. A world full of men who simply wanna play with your heart and walk away smiling. Isn't this enough not to make us scared? We find it really hard to trust. Preys becomes predators. We wanna fight back. Hmmmmm....

Love. Tah! It is always complicated.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
This is deep, Nice piece... love is something humans will continually try to define and understand. I have given up trying to understand it. I just live, I just enjoy life. I just do to others what I expect to be done to me.

I think love is risky business, I am not afraid to love, I am more afraid of falling out of love. My formula is simple when I love ... I take my brain with me.

#MathewBriggs

Meaning you do mind games too?
Or how do you mean by taking your brain along
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mzgracie:
Nice one, Miz....

I'm currently passing through a similar situation. In this case, I am in love. Totally in love but really scared of loving fully. And Gosh! He is a sweet man.

I find myself getting scared easily when it comes to matters related to love and relationship. I guess my major fear is heartbreak. I don't wanna pass through that shit any longer.

You know, this world itself is somehow complicated and twisted. A world full of lying and deceitful men. A world full of men who simply wanna play with your heart and walk away smiling. Isn't this enough not to make us scared? We find it really hard to trust. Preys becomes predators. We wanna fight back. Hmmmmm....

Love. Tah! It is always complicated.

Lol
Sweetee.

You know I understand innit?
Hehehehe
We gotta live tho'
We gotta love too.....for those who have found theirs wink

Meanwhile, flexing on ma mind hehehehehehehe.
I figured I might as well start giving myself a treat y'know.....lolz

Missed ya. It's not like I've been around that much tho'
cheesy
Re: Why So Afraid? by joliej(f): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
A truly wonderful and scintillating piece
it's wow
thanks for sharing this

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

E be like say you no want make i see new year o! grin
Do I kill people now? sad
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
BJ4REEL:

hmmm...been like that for like 4 to 5 years now, trying as much as possible staying away from ladies entirely; though not easy, but i dont think i hold any regret whatsoever.
Though sometimes i do think am being a little to hard on myself, hence when read your piece, i just felt the emotion that's been forcefully bottled up surge even beyound my most relied grip.

Things can only get better Sir smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Why So Afraid? by Anaskie(m): 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lol @Scrypt

Okay first of all, this is a very nice article that reflects what many people are going through. However I must point out that though everyone seems to be talking of how they have been hurt they have not stopped to think of those they have also hurt.

I believe life is a cycle and although love is very beautiful we find ways to complicate it. Boy A dates Girl A and gets hurt. In his next relationship with Girl B he tries to be very careful and to ration his affections as you stated in an earlier article. Girl B shows him love fully but feels that Boy A doesn't love her enough because he isn't showing it unknown to her he is trying to ration his love as a result of his past experience. Girl B is hurt and has resolved not to love fully again and also decided to ration her love in her next relationship with Boy B. Boy B gets hurt again and the cycle continues....

I'm not afraid to love. I love fully knowing that I may/may not get hurt at the end but that doesn't stop me from giving my all. Heartbreak has never killed anyone, with time you heal and you move on.

Life is too short and love too beautiful to be afraid to love.

My motto: Live and let live smiley

CC: Anaskie
Scrypt
My dearest Coco, its really not as easy as you make it appear.
Its extremely difficult to put your all into a relationship when you were hurt in a previous one.

Ever heard the song 'First cut is the Deepest by Sheryl Crow?
My dear, you'll always feel the scar till you meet that one person who'll mend the broken pieces.

But till then, its safe to tread cautiously.

People say once bitten, twice shy.
I say once bitten, forever shy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by CoCoLav(f): 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Anaskie:
Its extremely difficult to put your all into a relationship when you were hurt in a previous one.

My dear, you'll always feel the scar till you meet that one person who'll mend the broken pieces.

Well, I don't think its that difficult....maybe not for me. The doubts creep up but you need to learn to silence them and believe in your new partner reason being that if you keep focusing on the hurt of the past relationship, the new one will never move forward. What you are doing is allowing the past to limit the present and the future.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why So Afraid? by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Meaning you do mind games too?
Or how do you mean by taking your brain along

By taking my brain along I mean. I try to separate my feelings and shut down my emotions as I try to weigh things logically to see if truly falling in love with the significant other person is worth it. Can I spend a life time with this person and still be happy.

For example, Let say I am catching feeling for someone instead of letting myself go in the name of love. I analyse their strengths and weakness and run them through a very modest checklist that is made up of intellectual/personality compatibility, level of physical attraction to me, Moral compass, and the level of chemistry we both share.

I have out grown mind games. Once I find someone who I really like and they meet all my checklist ... letting my self fall in love with that person is easy ... I would be a fool to not go after something that would make me happy ... If it work great, if it doesn't life goes on ...

Falling in love is the least of my problem but staying in love is ... I easily get bored.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by chubbypearl(f): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Cwaya:

Nice one Toolz

"Hey You, Yeah You .

Give love a/another chance.."

[size=4pt]Not Me anyway , i'm done with that ! [/size]
Don't be
Re: Why So Afraid? by chubbypearl(f): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Loved with my heart once and it got broken,loved with my head and it didnt feel like love at all.now the heart is resting smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by ihedinobi2: 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

...there are actually only two options.
1) Give your all, risk it all; the hurt or bliss.
2) Hold it in until you feel ready and miss out on the finest things; trading them for 'control' over your life and its attendant benefits.
To attempt to blend both options will lead to the usual mind games, unrealistic expectations and every other thing that is unhealthy for the union.

It's very simple but still very complex.
Endorsed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Love is overrated in the sense that we spend our lives looking for love 'out there'....not just overrated, but it's an illusion; we are essentially seeking someone out there to love us to make us feel better about ourselves, when that love is within us all the time.
Re: Why So Afraid? by rittyben(f): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thanks
Anaskie:

Re: Why So Afraid? by ihedinobi2: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
Love is a choice. One that you CAN make and unmake. It is not a sealed destiny foisted upon you by some thing outside of your control. You choose to love someone. And you choose to not love someone. By yourself.

When you can't let go it is because YOU don't want to. If you think you should let go you WILL let go.

Love is YOUR CHOICE.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Falling in love is the least of my problem but staying in love is ... I easily get bored.

Most of us do.
That's when Love, the decision comes into play.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Beckytee(f): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
dunkem21:

You talked to me.

I have troubles fighting the tears welling up in my eyes.

Goodnight, Mizmycoli.
Seriously not only u,I couldn't fight mine
Re: Why So Afraid? by IKJ66(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ This is my latest blogpost on www.mizmycolimusings..com

Waow! The blog's a huge leap of faith for me.
I'd appreciate your coming around and support.
Thanks in anticipation
smiley

Ǧ̩̥♡̨̐♡̨̐d̶̲̥̅̊ WRITE UP ℓ̊ was tourched !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by UjSizzle(f): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nonso23:

It's not you jor but numerous NL husbands. They will hire assassins for me o. embarassed
Why are you giving me husbands i don't have? sad
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? / "My Uncle Realized He Had Been Paying House Rent To His Wife For 10 Years"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.