Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Husband Punches Wife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Punches Wife (7259 Views)

Mother Punches Her 3yr Old Son To Death / An Employer Aborted 7 Months Pregnancy Of His Employee With Kicks And Punches / Husband Punches Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Punches Wife by JustGood(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
David has valid points. Its not about her going back to a low-life guy.

Its a lesson for other girls to look well before leaping. Many western orientated girls will just fall for a bling wearing failure of a dude who has no regards for life or who has never been serious about any good thing in life and they think that everything will be rosy for ever afterwards.

Some of them fall for fraudsters who spoil them at the outset of their relationships cos they dont care as long as the guys can buy them champagne
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood, while I see what you mean, you seem to forget that she is NOT of our culture. She's a white Brit. They believe in "I see love therefore it's love".

How we deal with things is completely different. Cant happen to me cos Im not stupid and even if I were for a brief minute, I know my people will wake me up. I take traditional things seriously in that aspect.

people do stupid things, make bad decisions. Doesnt mean you should all be implying she deserves being a punching bag to a silent lunatic. The fact that he did this while carrying his kind makes it even worse
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

David has valid points. Its not about her going back to a low-life guy.

Its a lesson for other girls to look well before leaping. Many western orientated girls will just fall for a bling wearing failure of a dude who has no regards for life or who has never been serious about any good thing in life and they think that everything will be rosy for ever afterwards.

Some of them fall for fraudsters who spoil them at the outset of their relationships because they don't care as long as the guys can buy them champagne

this thread isnt about "and the moral of this story is. . ."

It's about her own particular situation and what she should do now that the deed is done. The whole "well you should have done this and that" is irrelevant.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JustGood(m): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

JustGood, while I see what you mean, you seem to forget that she is NOT of our culture. She's a white Brit. They believe in "I see love therefore it's love".

How we deal with things is completely different. can't happen to me because I'm not stupid and even if I were for a brief minute, I know my people will wake me up. I take traditional things seriously in that aspect.

people do stupid things, make bad decisions. Doesnt mean you should all be implying she deserves being a punching bag to a silent lunatic. The fact that he did this while carrying his kind makes it even worse

Karma,

I'm not implying she deserves it. I'm just saying things so that other girls can learn. No woman on earth deserves to be hit by any man.

That British I see I love belief is what makes their society upside down at the moment and we need to speak the truth here about it. . .not encourage some other gullible ones to fall into the same problems.

I was with some politicians a few weeks ago and they were all expressing concerns about the lamentable state of the british family fibre.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JustGood(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2008
What she should do now is to throw the man away and never see him again.

Truth is, she may (will) soon find herself in a similar situation - maybe not with a Nigerian - could even be another white Brit. Some women are just like that
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Karma,

I'm not implying she deserves it. I'm just saying things so that other girls can learn. No woman on earth deserves to be hit by any man.

That British I see I love belief is what makes their society upside down at the moment and we need to speak the truth here about itnot encourage some other gullible ones to fall into the same problems.

I was with some politicians a few weeks ago and they were all expressing concerns about the lamentable state of the british family fibre.

What are you talking about? You must be confused my dear. Weren't the westerners the maniacs who called the police at the slightest opportunity?

She isn't the only woman who marries because she loves. Many Nigerian women do the same with the difference that they don't leave even when the man rapes their daughters.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

What she should do now is to throw the man away and never see him again.

Truth is, she may (will) soon find herself in a similar situation - maybe not with a Nigerian - could even be another white Brit. Some women are just like that

that is exactly why i started having a double take on her case. She'll most likely fall for another British riffraff and the rat race continues . . . more domestic violence . . . divorce number 2 and we are back to square one.

KarmaMod:

That is not true AT ALL . . . i know many  white chics who dont think that way. Infact many i know will ask you first if you have a steady job, steady income, stable extended family before committing to you . . .

Bridget was just silly. period.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

That is not true AT ALL . . . i know many  white chics who don't think that way. Infact many i know will ask you first if you have a steady job, steady income, stable extended family before committing to you . . .

Many ko plenty ni. Those ones are few
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

Many ko plenty ni. Those ones are few

Dem plenty o . . . buy glasses . . . u will see them. grin
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JustGood(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2008
michelin89:

What are you talking about? You must be confused my dear. Weren't the westerners the maniacs who called the police at the slightest opportunity?

She isn't the only woman who marries because she loves. Many Nigerian women do the same with the difference that they don't leave even when the man rapes their daughters.

if you succeed in finding a man within 10 years, you should come back and talk.

Calling the police at the slightest opportunity is not what wisdom is about. Wisdom is about not making the wrong choice from the start. Most Nigerian women marry because they love but they are not daft enough to follow a boy just because he wears blings and because he has some muscly bits. Real Nigerian women know that it takes much more than such things to marry a guy . . . i'm not talking about a woman like you o!
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Why would a girl marry a guy that she doesn't even know where he's from? Why would a girl marry and have a child for a guy whose family she knows not and whose background she knows not? how does she know that the guy was not some serial rapist before appearing in her life?

It reminds me of people who advise lovers to marry agaisnt their parents wishes. this is what happens to such people as well. Most guys from good homes will never go against their parents wishes so the woman can be assured that if the man misbehaves, she only needs to report to his mum.

There are little things that some girls take for granted and those things haunt them for long periods. . . same for guys

You must be my brother from another mother . . .

We can only hope Bridget can read ur nuggets of wisdom.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Calling the police at the slightest opportunity is not what wisdom is about. Wisdom is about not making the wrong choice from the start. Most Nigerian women marry because they love but they are not daft enough to follow a boy just because he wears blings and because he has some muscly bits. Real Nigerian women know that it takes much more than such things to marry a guy . . . i'm not talking about a woman like you o!

Well said.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
Most guys from good homes will never go against their parents wishes so the woman can be assured that if the man misbehaves, she only needs to report to his mum.

and how many oyinbos do you see bringing in-laws into their business?

B.t.w stop insulting michelin just to make a point jare
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Yeah, whatever!

I have seen they really know what it takes to make a marriage work. Submission also called mumuness!
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JJYOU: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Karma,

That British I see I love belief is what makes their society upside down at the moment and we need to speak the truth here about itnot encourage some other gullible ones to fall into the same problems.

they could start by removing the high incentives for producing fatherless kids.  we should not pay for more than one child per woman. my tax is rising next year again to pay for more.  i dont know why some boys dont find the idea of going out with women with children from various men already strange and heavy duty.  there are many factors placing enormous presures on relationships of this kind.  how old is this boy by the way and how old is this woman whose first port of call is nairaland and police.  hope we are not dealing with leilah here?
JustGood:

what did i do to deserve a laugh like this? this is funny. michelle na small pickin.  she is lucky she is in a place where anything goes that is if seun do not pop the question earlier
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JustGood(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

and how many oyinbos do you see bringing in-laws into their business?

B.t.w stop insulting michelin just to make a point jare

Oyinbos dont do extended families. They do immediate families so they dont want others in their relationships. Nigerians cant have that. Our society is completely different from theirs and we should not try being like them. We always need the support of our friends and families.

Tell that ugly girl (michelin) to stop gbeborunING in this talk jare
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2008
JJYOU:

what did i do to deserve a laugh like this? this is funny. michelle na small pickin. she is lucky she is in a place where anything goes that is if seun do not pop the question earlier

Hey, I am 19! grin
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JJYOU: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2008
michelin89:

Hey, I am 19! grin
cash madam i know you are 19. how many naija you know rapes their kids?
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Oyinbos don't do extended families. They do immediate families so they don't want others in their relationships. Nigerians can't have that. Our society is completely different from theirs and we should not try being like them. We always need the support of our friends and families.

Yea so why would you mention that in regards to Bridget who obviously wasnt raised with these beliefs?  

what happened to having regards to women? cos you disagree with her, you have to insult her?  undecided
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood and JJYOU abeg leave Michelin alone pls . . . na good girl o she just likes to pull your legs.  wink
Re: Husband Punches Wife by tpia: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
JustGood:

Oyinbos don't do extended families. They do immediate families so they don't want others in their relationships. Nigerians can't have that. Our society is completely different from theirs and we should not try being like them. We always need the support of our friends and families.

Tell that ugly girl (michelin) to stop gbeborunING in this talk jare

Ugly ugly ugly. Broken record.

Anyways your insights on issues like this are highly racist. You can't resist the temptation of pinching the brit ladies just because of this post, right?

You are pathetic.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by LadyT(f): 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2008
bridget007:

I have to make a decision and my heart says one thing my head another. I am a UK woman (white) and my fiance is yoruba, he is a few years younger than me and we have a baby son together (I have children from a past marriage, I am divorced). Now we have had a tough time since we met adjusting to one another as culturally we are so different and I (as he has) have found our ways very different which has often led to misunderstandings. He works PT and is a student, I am due to go back to work Full time. I do absolutey love him and have met his family, his mother has stayed with us. I have also met his uncles and aunties, some from Nigeria and some who live in UK and when our son was born we followed nigerian traditions, i.e naming and naming ceremony. We had a wedding booked for last year but my fiance decided no, now I am being pressured for marriage, which we have got booked in a few weeks but I am now having second thoughts. His visa needs to be renewed and as he has not done well in his studies he fears it won't get renewed and (although he says this is not the reason he wants to marry-so he can get a spouse visa) I am worried that marriage at this time is for the wrong reason. I love this man truly and when things are good they can be very good, but, he has cheated in the past (although he swears it wasn't sex) I forgave him but I worry as he is so secretive with his phones. I also worry about his underlying character, he smokes pot-which I have categorically told him i will not accept as a wife. He can be very lovely but there is a very arrogant, stubborn selfish side to him that I am not sure about. I would like to marry him but under such circumstances I think it best to wait. I know though that if I cannot marry him I will lose him as if he's visa is renewed he will leave to study elsewhere, or if not renewed he will have to go back to Lagos, any advice will be much appreciated.

You have only yourself to blame!
Mrs Stories!
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2008
JJYOU:

cash madam i know you are 19. how many naija you know rapes their kids?

Oh incest happens everywhere, even in Nigeria. Is that a big deal?
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2008
see unmarried boys thinking that life is pure black and white . . . cheesy

you will never know all the truths about a person until you marry him/her and live with them under the same roof.

have you read second class citizen, a quasi autobiography by buchi emecheta? he married some dude named francis in nigeria.
the dude took off to england for further studies . she joined him a year or so later, and that was when the guy showed color - beating, unable to hold a job, sticking to every chick that batted her eyes at him. .

she put up with it for years - they had five kids, before she eventually left his cheating, wifebeating, lazy ass.

i guess by your standards buchi emecheta isnt a 'true nigerian woman'
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
LadyT:

You have only yourself to blame!
Mrs Stories!

LadyT . . . infact you are hereby crowned most intelligent woman on this thread.  grin
Re: Husband Punches Wife by LadyT(f): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2008
kiss

I remembered her I.D she got everyone emotional the last time she posted!

Silly Cow
Re: Husband Punches Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2008
T is taken, you obsessive manwhore

oyb:

you will never know all the truths about a person until you marry him/her and live with them under the same roof.

Oyb, you've sincerely been missed on NL

smiley
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2008
so the girl get history? I didnt even know . . . let me amuse myself by reading her sob stories.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2008
oyb:

have you read second class citizen, a quasi autobiography by buchi emecheta? he married some dude named francis in nigeria.
the dude took off to england for further studies . she joined him a year or so later, and that was when the guy showed color - beating, unable to hold a job, sticking to every chick that batted her eyes at him. .

she put up with it for years - they had five kids, before she eventually left his cheating, wifebeating, lazy ass.

i guess by your standards buchi emecheta isnt a 'true nigerian woman'

Of course she isn't. Leaving and calling the cops are not proper of a wise woman.
Re: Husband Punches Wife by JJYOU: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

JustGood and JJYOU abeg leave Michelin alone please . . . na good girl o she just likes to pull your legs.  wink
i am waiting seun to pop the question so she can leave us alone
michelin89:

Oh incest happens everywhere, even in Nigeria. Is that a big deal?
of course i know but have you personal experience of knowing one person it happened to in naija?
Re: Husband Punches Wife by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
JJYOU:

i am waiting seun to pop the question so she can leave us alone
of course i know but have you personal experience of knowing one person it happened to in naija?

Na who you be sef?

So, must someone you know be killed before you know muderers exist?

Oh please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help Me And My Child / Married Women Should Stop Allowing Their Husbands Go Out Unkempt / Single Kenyan Mother Posts Photos Where She Is Passionately Tongue-Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.