Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This (90480 Views)

Don't Expect Him To Take You To Alter, If You Are Doing This. / No Love At First Sight, We Fell In Love At First Chat / When You Can't Find Any Girl To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by DaBullIT(m): 3:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
I personally dont c d difference........ I use kkk. I guess wen u get familiar with an individual it won't mata if it's ok, k or kkk

[size=17pt]An average guy hates to be replied in abbreviations , K ,gud, fyne, kk, kkk, aight, boss wn, wtva, i mean WTF

An average guy wants to be treated like a person, not 1 word response or 30 min interval response [/size]
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Really! Ok o girls. I have to change for good now. Oya let's chat...
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by desharon(f): 3:46am On Jan 09, 2015
CFCfan:

That guy was a tad too intrusive! Hope you didn't have nightmares of him

My Dear, thank God that I didn't. lol...
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by ArabianPrince: 4:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Rules for chatting Nigerian women with flawless public facade masking their private despair. Please don't quote me. cool
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by engrSED: 4:51am On Jan 09, 2015
Whatever happened to being oneself? and chat with YOUR priorities in mind.

The idea is to make a friend (like-minded person) NOT to just please some random chic.

I heard dem ladies now put guys in AKPORS zone

Note: for most gals, there is NEVER a lame chat! Try this, start the chat with genuine recharge card pin...whatever you say thereafter will make a lot of sense - trust me.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by JayJustus(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Nastydroid:
picture of the convo or...

or wedonbilivit

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by lordmayor4(m): 6:02am On Jan 09, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?.....

So true and spot on
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by ceeceeco: 6:14am On Jan 09, 2015
Wait o! @op, must one have 2 chat in order 2 impress u, c'mon there's no time 4 all those long crap, there are a lot of girls out there, if it doesn't work out with u, it will definitely work out with another, wat u see as irrelevant qustn might be considered relevant by another. Do dis, dnt do dat, say dis, dnt say dat, where's the freedom of speech then? Perhaps i dnt see anytin bad if someone ask u about ur fav meal & hobby. Hw is it a 19th century qustn. The problem with dis our modern day girls is dat pride has eaten dem up. Girls are so many dat's why i dnt wori myself abt dem. Mind u, it's d pocket dat speaks, not the mouth. We are all Nigerians, we know ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Sacramento4real(m): 6:43am On Jan 09, 2015
iamord:
well I agree with u, both parties are @ fault , that's why its good to respect ones self! Its not always that a guy should talk when he sees a lady, sometimes admire and pass
Pass ko,passenger ni.Pass go where?if na so u admire ur spous and pass,u and am 4 dey?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Jok3r(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2015
Ah lyk dis, ah tink ah cn len alot 4rm u.
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

Where are you based?......

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Eminentsaint(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
I personally dont c d difference........ I use kkk. I guess wen u get familiar with an individual it won't mata if it's ok, k or kkk
It makes a lot of difference. I go completely 'off course' after typing sensible words that are long enough and she replies with 'k', that's crazy!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Mickey7(m): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2015
oshaosha2014:

Don't worry you are ladies prince charming for this comment. They are liking you crazy now. Keep it up.
ferme ta gueule...you think I care about being ladies' prince charming...Nairalanders keep acting like guys are desperate,only guys need relationships,and girls are some Heavenly beings you need to take classes or need to read a guide in order to get into that relationship which a guy's whole life depends on and girls totally do not care about with!

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by iamord(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2015
naijaboiy:
Una really get time o!

Once these girls start with their "K" Bullshit I kick them outta my list angry

No time for boring girls undecided
na so d tin go, some razz girls go dey try form some unnecessary package, like they are all that

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by iamord(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
omospicey:

For me 'k' is a conversation killer.
I have known that right from time, when a lady continually pops that letter, so for me the delete button becomes the conversation burier
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by oshaosha2014(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2015
Mickey7:
ferme ta gueule...you think I care about being ladies' prince charming...Nairalanders keep acting like guys are desperate,only guys need relationships,and girls are some Heavenly beings you need to take classes or need to read a guide in order to get into that relationship which a guy's whole life depends on and girls totally do not care about with!

Alright mickey7, I tot you are one of those guys....... anyway, good to know. Peace bro.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Maamin(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2015
An2elect2:

Almost? you lie a lot.

How many Gods do you worship..the 3 in 1 or the 1 in 3?...the last time I checked you dont know..kindly answer that and stop stucking me on Romance section. undecided
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by kelvinnn(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2015
THANKS FOR SHARING
LESSON LEARNT
HV BN A VICTIM OF THIS!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by rigarmortis: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:

who has the time for all these puppy love conversation, when you meet a new girl via phone or electronic connect, don't waste time, there are three types and three ways and three uses.

1. the sharp in and out girl,
these are girls you want to use for a fling, for the time being, or when you girl is not around, or for fun/adventure, there are subtypes.

a. the good bad girl.
this type has a boyfriend, but he is far away and she likes you very much, and wants to fxck you, if the feeling is mutual, indulge her, don't start with the love and getting to know you slash friends convo.....use double meaning suggestive words when you converse with her..........start the good boy thing and you are on a long thing, leave that for her real boyfriend, she is a good bad girl. bad with you, good with him.

b. the runs gyal
someone gives you a runs gyals number and you go into the kinda conversation as written by the OP, RUBBISH.
where can we meet, should be first and what is your name last, the last doesn't even matter cos she is gonna give you a name like cindyrealia or magenta a fake name which you will soon forget.

c. the fill in the gap girl.
she just broke up and wants to have wild fun for revenge/fun purpose, and you are forming nice gentleman discussion?

2. the serious working class "lady"
you are in that mood where you don't want a clingy or needy girl, she works in a bank and single, no time to mingle, you two hook up, I swear she is gonna be the one to ask you where you work!...........its not like she is a gold digger, she just doesn't wanna have to pick the tab and baby sit you all the time.

so yes someone is gonna ask what the other person does......beat her to it sir!.........ask! and when she answers nod and say stuff that is ambiguous, let her empty herself cos she wanna show you she is independent, then tell her as liitle as possible about yourself, make it ambiguous, tell her where you work, but not which office, take her home.

the rest is history.

3. the friendship type gyal.

normal I don't converse with girls I don't intend to fxck, but there comes a time when something pushes you into this kinda group, play along, this is only when you can follow the OPs advice.....but alas!....not to the letter, remember, girls hate good guys, feel her in alone moments, gauge her , chip in a few words to see her kinda person when you are alone, so you know which category to box her in.

the drawback with these kinda is like you have a girlfriend without the "privileges"...believe me, naija girls being the fishbrained creatures they are will still want you to do stuff for them, I wont say don't, cos ppl will say am harsh and I wont say do cos that will be creating a new mugu, we have many running around already....just use your brain.

4a. there is a final subset to the friendship type...THE BAIT.

these ones are friends with you, maybe you have !@#$ed them in the past, or just friends, doesn't matter, but they have many girlfriends and girls seems to like her a lot, she is like a leader among them....you know the kinda, popular and flirty and wild sometimes?...with enough female numbers........yes!......a girl that likes her and knows she likes you.....automatically likes you too, if she tells a girl you are generous, work in NNPC etc, it its the gospel truth even when hard FACTS prove otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by giftiebrown(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2015
its easier said than done...No mata how polite u are, twil tk a hell lot of tym nd patience to gain her attention....
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by zadok60: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2015
we don't start conversation with a girl with.."hi" or "hello" to get her attention!
this is how we do it..

me: 853554826812-mtn #1,500..use it 2 flash my num nw.
she: thanks love!
this is mine,08091000580..can i av urs?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by EmmyDe25(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:

@ Op, nice stuff. However, I believe conversations should be extemporaneous and not planned. Asking a babe the kind of guy she likes is even childish at first chat.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2015
wheezyoung:
smhw true
not somehow, its a fact
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 09, 2015
JayJustus:

seems like you've gone beyond our borders and know what's up with other afro ladies... *you deserve a pint of beer*
thank you
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Its dry boring girls that are complaining bout the way some guys be chatting, even the op is as dry as the sahara, been on her bbm group b4, she can't even start a convo. Except for some silly argument bout girls using guys and dumping them.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by EmmyDe25(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2015
Blackeard:
Another problem is most nigerian ladies r boring. They can't hold a convo to save their life. They expect u to be the only one talking while they just stay there chipping in the occasional "oh" "k" "kk" "lol" "aii". Nothing turns me off more than monosyllabic responses
lol.. you nailed it!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by emmahjosh(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2015
On point. bt sm gals strict die. undecidedOn point. bt sm gals strict die.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by piagetskinner(m): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2015
Whatever works 4 them...nAiraLand,the home of LiSt upon liSts oF dos and donts...#OKaDa!!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by wheezyoung(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2015
pweetixandy:
thank uuuu!! But they are fake sha. *flips hair*
woow....are they brown sha?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by wheezyoung(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2015
desharon:
@op.. very much on point. some guys can be really annoying on chatts that one tends to wonder the specie he is made of. one annoying chatt dat I received yesternight on FB that almost ruin my sleep....
guy: hi... desharon, tnx for accepting me.
me: U ar heartly welcome
guy: Ur profile says dat U graduated frm my sch, wot yr?
me: *no reply..
guy: it also says U ar in lagos, where in lagos?
me: *no reply..
guy: are U working, if U are working what do U do for a living, I mean what kind of work or job do U do?
me: who are are U?
guy: my name is Ola... a very hardworking guy, Godfearing, honest, goodlooking, single and searching. are U single?
me: U ask too much questions, what exactly did U study in school?
I have to turn off the chatt but he wouldn't stop calling n asking me to come online. eventually, I decided to help his lonely self by going online n the next question was.. what is Ur genotype and Ur blood group?
Imagine!
lmao...he's ready for marriage
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by pweetixandy: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2015
wheezyoung:
woow....are they brown sha?
yea,normal brown eyes
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

Lol . yeah .
so what do you suggest for guys that are not natural comedians? or with 0.000001 sense of humour?

i had to watch a lot of James Franco, Seth Rogen, Kevin hart, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, e.t.c to learn how to be funny and comic grin especially James Franco..I act almost like him grin

since you say being funny is a necessity then am advising all guys to understudy the Joker in Dark Knight played by Heath Lodger.. that's also one of the ways I learnt to be funny too grin cos the Joker was Overfuckingly Hilarious, in a devilish manner though.
you said it all
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by zadok60: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2015
manny4life:
I'm in love with a choir girl; so how I do approach for her to take me seriously?
shuoo inside church again? cry
in love with a choirester nt even a floor member..chaii
guy u no just try o,na so u wan use kill d girl annointing ba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Do Most Handsome Guys Beg? / My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / Man Dances With Lady Who Snubbed Him 35 Years Ago In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.