Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This (90468 Views)

Don't Expect Him To Take You To Alter, If You Are Doing This. / No Love At First Sight, We Fell In Love At First Chat / When You Can't Find Any Girl To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by gabinogem(m): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
There are some trends that shouldn't be followed at all....cuz they may be more harmful than helpful.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by cocokiller1(f): 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
iamord:
I respect your opinion @ bolded, but I feel its better to make your intentions known, and there will be no hard feelings, lol on the number aspect, you know at times guys will not want to cast their guys and stuff, sometimes they even steal it from a friends phone, so they might not even remember where they got it from, any guy that asks when can we meet after a small period like that is definitely in need of some sharp sex, well those are guys with small boi orientation, a real guy will hold up a convo longer and make the lady feel comfy with him even b4 meeting, but you should not categorize all guys together cos of your few experiences. But ladies need to do more to hold their own line of the convo too.
ok
but I ddnt categorise all boys
I sed some boys
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by israelmush(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
vizkiz:

only bit*ches replies with "k" angry

that's a perfect turn off for any dude in his right senses
Tell them o! If you can type "kkk" why can't you just type "ok" which is shorter?.......very annoying some of you will end up abbreviating words(especially social media abbreviations) during your final exams and we'll see how you like it then
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Thinkr(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
spanzed:
Olori buruku ni iru won.....Ashawo jatijati but u fukup u for Enter the girl she can't collect free card you suppose Tesojue
True but I no get time that period. Besides, I didn't have such intention sef. I was focused on saving and going back to school which I did.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by iamord(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
ok
but I ddnt categorise all boys
I sed some boys
lol! I skipped that, cheap phones with gprs and cheap data plans are to blame at times for such smelly convos .m if u understand what I mean grin
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by manny4life(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
I'm in love with a choir girl; so how I do approach for her to take me seriously?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by oshaosha2014(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nonsense post right here. No wonder some guys will be going around trying to learn how to pls or chat up a woman. Chatting online is dynamic and I can tell you that it doesn't have to begin in a particular way for it to be interesting. An interest chat could even begin with the most stupid words you can imagine.
Now chatting with a woman, that is a whole lot of work because most of this galz are boring, they can't hold an intelligent conversation. When you see them busy on their bb or whatever chatting, you should know its all about gossip with their familiar friends. So, trying to strick up a chat with them when they don't know u will be a hell of a task for her to flow with you. However, like I said before, many of them are boring, even when you are known. Don't bring any stupid rule here like guys have to work at it to chat up a gal. if you are boring you are boring.... you have no remedy. Don't put the blame on innocent guys pls.

9 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by 234GT(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
desharon:
@op.. very much on point. some guys can be really annoying on chatts that one tends to wonder the specie he is made of. one annoying chatt dat I received yesternight on FB that almost ruin my sleep....
guy: hi... desharon, tnx for accepting me.
me: U ar heartly welcome
guy: Ur profile says dat U graduated frm my sch, wot yr?
me: *no reply..
guy: it also says U ar in lagos, where in lagos?
me: *no reply..
guy: are U working, if U are working what do U do for a living, I mean what kind of work or job do U do?
me: who are are U?
guy: my name is Ola... a very hardworking guy, Godfearing, honest, goodlooking, single and searching. are U single?
me: U ask too much questions, what exactly did U study in school?
I have to turn off the chatt but he wouldn't stop calling n asking me to come online. eventually, I decided to help his lonely self by going online n the next question was.. what is Ur genotype and Ur blood group?
Imagine!

And you felt like a superstar?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by 2kris(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?......

so on point at least i am reading it from a ladys research nt all those 419 attension seeking guys thanks sweerry@mzfleexydeeva
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by justscorch: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
That's why I always make fun of their DPs first.. eg

ME: is that you on your DP?
GIRL: yea

ME: your k-leg no be here grin
GIRL: embarassed who is this?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by israelmush(m): 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
manny4life:
I'm in love with a choir girl; so how I do approach for her to take me seriously?
You will be surprised just act normal and pretend she is not a choir girl cool
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by spanzed(m): 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thinkr:
True but I no get time that period. Besides, I didn't have such intention sef. I was focused on saving and going back to school which I did.
that's Good.....All the best in school and face ur studies bro
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Thinkr(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
spanzed:
that's Good.....All the best in school and face ur studies bro
I don graduate na. Thanks anyways. smiley
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by manny4life(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
israelmush:
You will be surprised just act normal and pretend she is not a choir girl cool

Hmm, how do I pretend she isn't something that she is?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by naijaboiy: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Una really get time o!

Once these girls start with their "K" Bullshit I kick them outta my list angry

No time for boring girls undecided

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by desharon(f): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
234GT:

I'm the queen in my kingdom. man...
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Thinkr(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
234GT:

am sure she had a convo with a 17yr old and now she say na so guys dey do. Asiiin, you know how young guys dey do for fbk na
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
not everyone loves chatting
I hate chatting to d core so I reply with d wrds u listed above
m boring yh...dats jst wen it comes to chatting
I reply err msg I get wen I feel it's convenient 4 me
evn if it's 2days after a person sends a msg
I jst stay on chat sites to view people's pm nd pics
hmmm I see.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by 234GT(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
desharon:

I'm the queen in my kingdom. man...

That is what I am saying. You are a queen because a clueless guy who does not know what dating is all about is desperate about marriage.

Any guy that asks for you genotype so soon should not be good enough to make you feel like a royal superstar!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by AlphaDibia(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is an utterly wacky and nonsensical piece of writing. So many issues. First it lack of good judgment: How can you just meet someone online and instantaneously want to meet with them? Ah ah.. also asking a girl for her hobby and what she loves to eat is a turn off? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Seun needs to intervene
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
hmmmmmmmmm! I think it's 60% of been successful as against 40......the way your conversation starts out goes a long way

Hey, what's up?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
Real guys like me manage to chat with these gals coz most of them are dump and boring
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
I personally dont c d difference........ I use kkk. I guess wen u get familiar with an individual it won't mata if it's ok, k or kkk

For me 'k' is a conversation killer.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
manny4life:
sing for her. Just give her a few Do re mi's. She'll join u. She won't want u to so fa alone. Hehe

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by spanzed(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thinkr:
I don graduate na. Thanks anyways. smiley
congrats....na me need the advise I dey give you!!!no mind me Mr.adviser....lol
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by desharon(f): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
[quote
author=234GT post=29620349]

That is what I am saying. You are a queen because a clueless guy who
does not know what dating is all about is desperate about marriage.

Any guy that asks for you genotype so soon should not be good enough to
make you feel like a royal superstar![/quote]
U sounded like U are in pains.. or is it Ur nature being envious of people?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
OnyeIbo:
Real guys like me manage to chat with these gals coz most of them are dump and boring
dump? Ok
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Point number 2 isn't a big deal here in the US. That's usually the 2nd question asked by either party.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Darkrebel:

most ladies especially Nigerian women/ girls are so old fashioned, stiff and don't know how to converse. .
They make it seem like its an interrogation process and the guy is the questionnaire or an F.B.I agent and their duty is to answer questions.
most also have this stuppid immature ideology of playing hard to get(even on internet? and convos?-- that's plain moronic

for example:
guy: hey
girl: hi
guy: how are you doing today?
girl:- Fine
guy: so did anything interesting happen?
girl: nothing..just normal

what do you want the guy to do?

most girls do this..aren't you suppose to be polite and ask how the dude is doing or how his day is going also.
Girls need to learn the Etiquettes in Chatting
..as for me I just delete the girl immediately if I find her boring.
Does that mean you have to be boring tooo
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by manny4life(m): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
sing for her. Just give her a few Do re mi's. She'll join u. She won't want u to so fa alone. Hehe

Loll... I won't fa alone right? Aight... So do I join the choir then?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by JoshuaKay(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
delors:
How about asking the negative of those questions? Like:

Homeboy: Hi
Chichi: hello

Homeboy: What DONT you do for a living?
Chichi: I'm sorry?

Homeboy: What ISNT your fav food?
Chichi: Excuse me, are you alright?

Homeboy: Who ISNT your kind of guy?
Chichi: You are an idi.ot?

Homeboy: CANT we be friends?
Chichi: Seriously?

Homeboy: What DONT your parents do for a living?
Chichi: Thunder will fry that your big head

Homeboy: And your fada too!
Chichi: in fact Amadioha will sponsor your family to hell

Homeboy: Your fada will be a beneficiary of the largesse
Chichi: Your mother is so da'ft to have given birth to you

Homeboy: Your mother is so stewpid she sits on the TV and watches the couch
Chichi : What? (starts crying, removes her slippers, locks homeboy's shirt, hits has head with slippers)

Homeboy: She is so old her bre'a'st milk has expired
Chichi: What?? (Faints)

Homeboy: it was nice to know you. (Straightens shirt, shrugs shoulders, moves into the next victim)...

I can't help it but to laugh to ur comment grin grin grin . Very funny.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Missmossy(f): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
Makes sense grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Do Most Handsome Guys Beg? / My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / Man Dances With Lady Who Snubbed Him 35 Years Ago In OAU

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.