Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan (30413 Views)

Buhari Won’t Fight Sanusi For Criticising FG – Presidency / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / I Won’t Fight Graft By Putting People In Crates –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by femliany(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2015
'Our husband has gone mad' So Otuoke bros get talent for drama like this....na wah oooo...Diezani. Stella etc can loot and fat abi?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:

What makes the Institution?

Answer - The Man.

#Case Closed!
r u prayin attention to dat Dundee?.....imagine an institution made up of tompolo,dokubo n d rest to fight corruption for example....wnt we b in bigger mess?....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Lilimax(f): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2015
tit:
I go Tinubu square for the PDP rally.
I start weeping when I heard the words:

"Buhari build prison for you,
I build school for you!'

I begin cry.
God!
Bless this man.
If to say na him be oga when i be small girl,
i for go university!
But I no see admission that time,
I no even get sponsor.

That word still dey touch me for body.
my friends been dey hold me,
but i no gree.
i just had to cry as a woman.

the words be like something Bob Marley go sing for song!
I sure say this thing comot from inside Brother Jonathan mind!
No be Okupe, or Abati or Reno write this one.

Brother Jona don charge ooo!
grin
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by chuksmad(m): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2015
Rajman45:

All d people mention Tinubu,Amaechi,Atiku and Obj did wonderful jobs dan GEJ. Mind u...a corrupt politician like IBB declear dat d present nigeria is corrupt dan any era in nigeria history. Tell me a real achivement that GEJ has done, apart from increasin fuel price, increasing power supply tarrif, our economy is dead, naira is a no go zone, thiefs are working freely, militant lyk tompolo is now a minister of buying war boat for nigeria army,...i could just keep going. For a president dat refuse to declear his asset, pls be wise.
This man nawaooo, you can't even spell declare as bolded

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by anonimi: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:

#GMB for a better country!

You should have said-

GMB for a BATTERED economy.

That was his daft legacy after mismanaging our country for two years.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by masciv: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2015
blemon44:
God bless you sir

nothing will make you not to win

not even Buhari
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Trash of the century.

The same US where cooperate greed and lobbyists have taken over the unethical practices to another level while we call it 'corruption' in Nigeria?

You accosted somebody to the embassy and he willingly offered himself for arrest.What were you expecting him to do, blow up the place?......You're not very a smart person at all then ,if you can't tell when a criminal has been cornered that he is left with no choice than to surrender.

And if I may I get you clearly ,you actually took someone away from Nigeria without the idea of the host country?....isn't that kidnapping even if it is legal in US does that make it legal in Nigeria?
You're one of those iidiots that has been helping the West in messing up with the sovereignty of African countries just to get that useless paper you call passport?.....You're a disgrace to the black race,people like Malcolm X will refer to you as a ''House Negro" grin.

I'll rather remain under a corrupt Blackman than be doing anything just to please that old pale thing you call white man.

You deserve to be hanged for kidnapping a brother.
Where do I even start to respond to this nonsense? You know it's ok to concede when you've been defeated than to try to wiggle your way out of a Web only to entangle yourself even more.

How do you know my race? How do you know the race of the person that surrendered? Who told you lobbying is the same as corruption? Stop trying to pretend like you know how the system works out here. So, you're trying to tell me that when your corrupt President, his cronies and your politicians dip their hands in the Treasury and steal money meant for the people that's lobbying?

The rest of what you wrote did nothing but to further expose your ignorance. Youre not intelligent and have proven to be a waste of time. People like you will ensure Nigeria never reaches it's full potential.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by masciv: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

God bless GEJ for me. Is corruption the only problem we have in Nigeria? I love your list but why did you intentionally omitted Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi, Atiku, OBJ, even your Buhari out of the lists or are they saints? That shows you too are corrupt. You see your life? Simple list you don dey do mago mago and you are blaming some sets and leaving your friends out.
Its GEJ till Buhari respect women.

You are definitely blind or you've been bribed. you dare mention Fashola. Do you even live in Lagos? Even if he had some misdeeds, he worked. What in the earth did your president do? He should even be ashamed of himself and his government. He's a glaring failure!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by londoner: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2015
teeowl:
the gravity of that statement means the ba.st.ard and his caucus are looting and stealing government resources. For him to trivialize stealing like that - it is damn obvious he and his cohorts are thieves.

I agree it was an outrageous statement, a well as Buhari saying that Abacha never stole.

However, Buhari is surrounded by people even diverting their sattes resources to support his election campaign. Govs are using state money meant for their own people or his campaign.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Adeshinami: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2015
OK, so you had this company that was mismanaged over time, you advertised for new managers who can help to turn things around and. Innovatively revive your company from precipe of doom. A young guy showed up and said, you should give him only 4 years and that he will turn things around. Alas, even 6 years passed, your company became worse off. You called for another round of interviews, hoping you can still salvage this company. Your manager comes crying to you that you should give him more years. He complained all day long that the problem persisted in the company because of the shortfalls of previous managers. You asked him what he intends to do differently after 6 years, but he couldn't really come up with some, he just wants you to realize that the problem of the company can only be traced to previous managers inability to manage the company effectively. My question is; would you rehire this fellow?

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by asids55: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2015
AdeniyiA:
“I agree that we must stop corruption" - GEJ

For the fact that you agreed that we must fight corruption but you failed to do that for the past 6 years shows that you're a failure

"The President said that instead of fighting corruption by making arrests, he would structure Nigeria in such a way that people holding public offices would no longer have direct access to funds" - GEJ

After how many years? You're indeed a confused man

"You don’t just wake up, enter the streets and start arresting people and showing them on television sets and saying you are fighting corruption." - GEJ

Mr President if you don't arrest corrupt people then what do you do to them?

"In the area of insecurity, Jonathan said Buhari could not tackle the problem because he contributed to it by failing to invest in the military when he was head of state." - GEJ

If Buhari had invested in the military, do we still expect our military to be using the same weapon in the year 2015 Jonathan

"somebody who wakes up and tells young people that they want to fight insecurity, ask him: Did he buy one rifle for a Nigerian soldier?" - GEJ

Isn't this too childish to come out of PhD Holder, President for that matter.

"No country equips its military overnight" - GEJ

Mr president is trying to tell us that he hasn't spent up to 24 hrs in the office.

He has nothing to show for after all his empty promises last election that is why he can only been talking about what APC said, Nigerians should shine their eyes and vote out this shameless mor0n because with what we can see, he has nothing to offer.

I pity this country under Jonathan, from his statements above, i see a man who can not effectively tackle corruption in Nigeria. You can't handle corruption with kid gloves as he's trying to do.

and one mumu gej die hard fan go quote you trying to defend him
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by gunuvi(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
masciv:

You are definitely blind or you've been bribed. you dare mention Fashola. Do you even live in Lagos? Even if he had some misdeeds, he worked. What in the earth did your president do? He should even be ashamed of himself and his government. He's a glaring failure!
Sure Fashola is a very corrupt governor. Your comprehension of governance is very low so you may not understand. I am a Lagosian mind you from Badagry so I know what I am saying. I don't need to reply you again. Have a good day
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by mpowa(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

Classic! How can someone be dancing around with Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and still saying he will fight corruption!!! Haba Buhari thinks we are blind or we are his cows?

You're as clueless as ur boss, has corruption cases been brought against these people? if the answer is NO, then you've no point. But check out the list of confirmed criminals that your boss released, including the ones who stole under his watch while he turned his face elsewhere, and you'll no why he'll be going back to Otuoke come February.

Moreover, if the people you listed here are truly corrupt, your boss should develop a spine and arrest them, Obasanjo put his own people to jail, tafa balogun, bode George, but Jona is such a good man, everybody is Free, he wants to build institutions to fight corruption, how long will that take? there's a reason while every developed nations in the world have prisons, it's because some people will just be animals, they'll need to be punished to teach others how to behave.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by gists: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Where do I even start to respond to this nonsense? You know it's ok to concede when you've been defeated than to try to wiggle your way out of a Web only to entangle yourself even more.

How do you know my race? How do you know the race of the person that surrendered? Who told you lobbying is the same as corruption? Stop trying to pretend like you know how the system works out here. So, you're trying to tell me that when your corrupt President, his cronies and your politicians dip their hands in the Treasury and steal money meant for the people that's lobbying?

The rest of what you wrote did nothing but to further expose your ignorance. Youre not intelligent and have proven to be a waste of time. People like you will ensure Nigeria never reaches it's full potential.

Guy, don't waste your time on him. He is one of those that stealing is not corruption

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by gunuvi(m): 11:38am On Jan 09, 2015
mpowa:

You're as clueless as ur boss, has corruption cases been brought against these people? if the answer is NO, then you've no point. But check out the list of confirmed criminals that your boss released, including the ones who stole under his watch while he turned his face elsewhere, and you'll no why he'll be going back to Otuoke come February.

Moreover, if the people you listed here are truly corrupt, your boss should develop a spine and arrest them, Obasanjo put his own people to jail, tafa balogun, bode George, but Jona is such a good man, everybody is Free, he wants to build institutions to fight corruption, how long will that take? there's a reason while every developed nations in the world have prisons, it's because some people will just be animals, they'll need to be punished to teach others how to behave.
Na U̶̲̥̅̊ know ooo. Thank God you said GEJ is a good man. Its still him till 2019 as there's no vacancy in aso rock yet...

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by londoner: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ is absolutely right on how to reduce and end corruption. It is by institutions and closing the avenue used for corruption.

It is not about putting people in prison, all that does is mean you have to build more prisons.

There should be prisons and people should be jailed, but that should be part of a system in a society, a society that has checks and balances and anti corruption mechanisms in place alonside a prison system.

Even in countries where there is an effectively judiciary and prison system, most people actually re-offend. Unless there is a focus on rehabilitation as well as punishent, prison does little to change the mindset of a criminal.

What is the point of putting more energy into 'after the fact' punishments than preventative measures?

I'm surprised Buhari is not even mentioning fighting corruption in the same way as GEJ, as well as developing a working prison system, which by definition would mean developing the judiciary system.

Buhari obviously sees himself as judge jury and executioner.....that is a dangerous mindset imho. Even the military the world over has courts.

Jonathan is correct, if he fought corrupton he did not do a good job, because many years later it is still the number one issue n Nigeria. Had he built institutions and changed the way hings were done (cutting out the middle man) as GEJ is doing.........it would have had long lasting results.

In 2015, why is he leaning on the same inaffective ways of fighting corruption and expecting it to be more effective now? Now, that the military is not in control of govrnment? Now, that the rest of the world will not stand by while poeples rights are abused? Yes, even the rights of criminals.

Buhari fails to see that the world had moved on since his time of rule. Its clear in the 30 years since he was head of state, he has been stagnated and has failed to develop his ways to reflect the world around him.

As GEJ continues to close traditional avenues for corruption and stealing (middle men/ghost workers etc), the less people will be ABLE to steal, the less people can steal, the less people view politics as simply a way to make money, the less politics is seen as the way to make money, the less corrupt people it will attract.

The efforts of GEJ in this regard, has obviously touched the daily bread of those who were taking advantages of the loopholes.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by lawrsmith(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:
Yeah, I rather have thieves bundled than see them swimming in opulence and moving above the law like we are seeing undder the govt of the shoeless ranger.

Cc: Bode George
Alammeiseigha
Steella Oduah
Diezani Madueke
Asari dokubo
Tompolo
Mohammed Abacha
Anenih
Ali Modu Sherriff

Etcetera... No more safe havens for the corrupt clueless

that is the only thing you grab from the whole speech?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Tonylyte(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Rajman45:

ur not ashame of urself..kogi state university, is state schools build by federal government. I thought u have betters things to talk about. Without grass root education, who will attend d uni nd poly. Mention 20 schools dat ur so-called president build, compare to d schools dat ameach build in most local govts in rivers state. The federal govts are suppose to assist d state govts in buildin nd fundin schools, but what are der doing apart from lootin our moni. Rivers state monthly allocation has been divided by half it anual funds.
Shut up! It a federal university. Stop comparing amaechi WAYO'S projects with that of goodluck jonathan. We all know what happened to his railway project.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Hardetayour: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Incorruptible:
Come February 2015, Buhari will so be defeated by GEJ that he will just pray for the ground to open and swallow him
GEJ is just so intelligent. Waited to gather points from his opponents before campaigning. He is really giving them hard punches and counterattacking their allegations and insults with real facts
His response about fighting corruption and jailing of corrupt officials is breathtaking. A masterstroke
What a response from my Presido
GEJ till FailBuhari submit his certificate
Was the purpose of the rally to attack his opponent. If u think that's what a rally is for then I'm weak for u. As a sitting president, all u need to do is to list ur achievements for people to hear and see with proof and give them reason to vote for u again but he's being on the defensive and u guys are hailing him as the next best thing after slice bread

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by mpowa(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

Na U̶̲̥̅̊ know ooo. Thank God you said GEJ is a good man. Its still him till 2019 as there's no vacancy in aso rock yet...

cheesy We don't need a good man, we need a man that can make Nigeria progress,
We don't need a lucky man, we need someone who will bring goodluck to Nigeria
We don't need a clueless man, we need someone who has a crystal clear idea of what it takes to lead a nation as complex as Nigeria

I'm not necessarily a Buhari fan, but i'm ready to give someone else a chance.I'll vote for anything, as long as it's not Jonathan.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by londoner: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Hardetayour:
Was the purpose of the rally to attack his opponent. If u think that's what a rally is for then I'm weak for u. As a sitting president, all u need to do is to list ur achievements for people to hear and see with proof and give them reason to vote for u again but he's being on the defensive and u guys are hailing him as the next best thing after slice bread

Agreed, Jonathan should have shunned replying APC with 'like for like' insults. He should have risen above that.

If he is going to talk about anti corruption, he should have focused MUCH more on the measures he has taken, in detail and not just mention them. He should have let NIgerians know IN DETAIL what his plans are also for the future in this regard.

He had an opportunity to set his campaign apart and also get the NIgerian voters eyes back on the ISSUES.

Not the best start.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by masciv: 11:59am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

Sure Fashola is a very corrupt governor. Your comprehension of governance is very low so you may not understand. I am a Lagosian mind you from Badagry so I know what I am saying. I don't need to reply you again. Have a good day

You know nothing. So you think Fashola will just change Lagos to London after all the years of mismanagement and degradation?

Hasn't he tried. if Lagos was a country, compared to Nigeria in her present state, would be better off. Lagos improved drastically and Nigeria degraded and is still in at a ridiculous and embarrassing decline.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by gunuvi(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
mpowa:

cheesy We don't need a good man, we need a man that can make Nigeria progress,
We don't need a lucky man, we need someone who will bring goodluck to Nigeria
We don't need a clueless man, we need someone who has a crystal clear idea of what it takes to lead a nation as complex as Nigeria

I'm not necessarily a Buhari fan, but i'm ready to give someone else a chance.I'll vote for anything, as long as it's not Jonathan.

Sure we would have preferred an alternative but not Buhari.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by mpowa(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
londoner:

Agreed, Jonathan should have shunned replying APC with 'like for like' insults. He should have risen above that.

If he is going to talk about anti corruption, he should have focused MUCH more on the measures he has taken, in detail and not just mention them. He should have let NIgerians know IN DETAIL what his plans are also for the future in this regard.

He had an opportunity to set his campaign apart and also get the NIgerian voters eyes back on the ISSUES.

Not the best start.

This man has been in power for 6yrs, what has he done against corruption? Oh he needs 50yrs to build institutions against corruption, the best campaign is the testimony of what you've done already, what's Jona's testimony?... maybe STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Hardetayour: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
londoner:

Not the best start.
God bless u sir. That's what he needed to do but he kept witch-hunting.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by tmost01(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan has failed. His vacuous manifesto turned irate at TBS were empty. How do u intend sanitizing the government when there are no punitive measures to checkmate ur corrupt associates? Even in the US, past five governors of TEXAS are in prison for corruption. How do u deter others when u maintain that corruption is not stealing? Lets experience a new facet of governance with other candidate. We need a swift change to salvage Nigeria from the precipice of perdition under GEJ.
Together we stand...
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by lexyclasy: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:
Yeah, I rather have thieves bundled than see them swimming in opulence and moving above the law like we are seeing undder the govt of the shoeless ranger.

Cc: Bode George
Alammeiseigha
Steella Oduah
Diezani Madueke
Asari dokubo
Tompolo
Mohammed Abacha
Anenih
Ali Modu Sherriff

Etcetera... No more safe havens for the corrupt clueless

My friend if your state is failing hold your leaders accountable and stop insulting our president…I know insult is APC trade mark
Mr. President will not come and pay salaries to your state ministries. He will not come and build industries in your domain when your state executives are busy building industries in foreign land….your state have monthly allocation what did they do with it.
If you cannot see sense in Mr. President Speech then you are as good as clueless
1. He make the right policies that enable private sector to flourish
2. Without education you cannot grow with that he recognize some zones that are educationally handicap and built alma Jiri primary/secondary schools also out of 12 new fed universities 9 of it are sited in those deficient zones to enable them embrace education….now left for you to examine how many jobs will be created for teachers, non-academics an lecturers…in the community development will set in….people will rent houses money will get to people hands and also seeing other people children in school will challenge you to send yours too
3. Agricultural sector was moribund before jonathans regime…..but he introduce right policy and make wallets for the farmers to have direct access to fertilizers and funds which are the reason the sector is flourishing same in Automobiles now innoson motors is thriving, Peugeot, Nissan and lots more coming in they are employing locals pay taxes to the nation
4. You that have the guts to air thrash now if GEJ did not sign FOI bill to law, people like you should have languish in jail or maybe they would have bundle you in crates like he did in 1983-85
And lots more……guy grow up and leave the young man alone we don’t need Aggrieved peoples party APC we need one that will not sell Nigeria to Sharia, we need one that will respect human right……wise up bros….live and let live we don’t need blood of baboon and monkeys to soaked our dear land again thanks.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by gunuvi(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
masciv:

You know nothing. So you think Fashola will just change Lagos to London after all the years of mismanagement and degradation?

Hasn't he tried. if Lagos was a country, compared to Nigeria in her present state, would be better off. Lagos improved drastically and Nigeria degraded and is still in at a ridiculous and embarrassing decline.
Mr know it all. I hear o. Show us Lagos improvement since Fashola. You think growing flowers or constructing N1b per kilometer road that doesn't last a year is achievement or hiking fees to an outrageous fee is the achievement. I know your type, no matter the glasses and hearing aids you are given, you will intentionally remain blind and deaf.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by aibee01(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
"......Any Country that doesn't follow rule of law is a jungle"-
President Jonathan
Nigeria is a real jungle under President Jonathan as rightly
confessed by him yesterday. He is very correct
as shown below:
-Insecurity at the peak.
-Unabated Kidnapping and Armed robbery
-Draining of excess crude oil account by Mr President himself
-65naira ATM Charge and harsh economic policies
-illegal withdrawal of Security aides of the Speaker, Federal
House of Representative on the instruction of President
Jonathan.
-Impeachment of the Speaker Ekiti State House of Assembly by
7 of 26 Members.
-Political Meddlesome and partisanship of State Security
-Legalisation of Stealing by Mr President
-Immigration Job Scam by a Cabinet Minister
-Illegal support and recognition of Jonah Jang as Chairman
Nigeria Governors Forum by President Jonathan
Countless Scandals and Corrupt practices of
President Jonathan administration and many more.

Only unreasonable people will diregard the above
lawlessness under the watch of
Mr President who has eventually confirmed the true situation
of Nigeria as a jungle where every act is normal.

Support Change offered by APC by supporting General
Muhammadu Buhari-a credible personality with hallmark in
morality and sincerity of purpose, he has the proven
potentials to restore law and discipline back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by bashydemy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Yes this Clueless man will fight corruption by turning blind eyes and deaf ear to the corrupt people.

He will by saying stealing is not corruption..

He will be giving National honor to corrupt individuals..
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by tmost01(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
The president should ve distant himself from some depraved people like Bode George.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=29623474]He said, “No country equips its military overnight . Armed forces are built over the years because even if you spend $10bn today, you cannot equip the Air Force, the Navy and the Army. They refused to build their capacity, they instigated crisis and now they are telling you they can fight insecurity.

I have warned people like you, keep your dumb opinions to yourself, stop parading it in public, it is an insult to sane Nigerians to be reading from extremely dumb people.
Mr President, your dumbness has become a national tragedy, how can you make such a comment?
Mr President you attended the last United nations General assembly and I have you on quote that Boko haram are foreign elements on Nigerian soil. That was the opinion you echoed in New york before world leaders with sophisticated intelligence gathering apparatchik that can easily verify your claims, why are you lying to Nigerians that the Northerners instigated crisis?

“They said the military is corrupt. When this insecurity started, we had nothing so to tackle it very quickly, we used vendors to get equipment. But now, we are doing government to government arrangement and so there is nothing like corruption anymore. Is that not the way to fight corruption? You must prevent people from touching public money.”

Mr president have you no shame? you used vendors like Asari and tompolo to procure arms for the Nigerian people, since you were born have you heard it before? has it ever happened? you started govt to govt when you were barred from procuring NATO rounds and equipments, who advised you otherwise? are you sure you know anything about Nigeria before you became the president? the Americans after dealing with you advised you to stop using "vendors" and negotiate directly with countries.
Have you prosecuted the top generals who squandered the previous budgets?

[b]Jonathan said since his generation had failed Nigeria, it was important for the youths to vote for those who would invest in their future.

He said it was his dream for the next generation of Nigerians to fly to the moon.

He said, “Those of my age and above are finished; we are gone. That is why I am addressing those of you that are voting for the first time. We believe it is you that will take us to the moon. My generation has failed, we couldn’t take Nigeria to the moon.

Mr president, you failed Nigerians, OBJ met three critical challenges as president, Our banks were collapsing on a bi annual basis (societal generale,Savanna comes to mind), we were in darkness, we could not communicate, we were sinking in huge debt profile.

First 4yrs of OBJ, we were able to communicate effectively, 2nd year into his second tenure our Banks grew from indigenous to multinational banks, with robust capital base, stimulated money market, we secured some huge debt relief from the Paris club, unfortunately the NIPP could not complete before he left, Mr president, Obasanjo as old as he is got Nigeria right 3/4, what excuse do you have to fail with your vibrant blood and PhD?

Mr president, you met us in darkness (though OBJ's NIPP has done 60% of the job),you met a tremendous corruption, you met huge unemployment, you met terrorism. Mr President, how did you fare with these challenges? Mr President on your 6th year, you are yet to score 0/4, admit sir, that you are an irredeemable failure.

“Look at what India is doing? I said for us to get to the moon, our first class graduates should be sent to the best 25 universities in the world for postgraduate studies.

“ So you must vote wisely. They will build prisons for you but I will build universities for you. I will build primary schools and secondary schools .”

He said the APC was not on a mission to fight corruption but to jail their enemies. He, therefore, urged Nigerians not to vote for the party. [/b]

Admit it Mr president, we will never be like India with you piloting the affairs of this country.

Jonathan laughed at the reported endorsement of Buhari by the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta.

He said it was unfortunate that the group which was responsible for killing Nigerians on October 1, 2010 was the one identifying with the APC.

He also alleged that MEND jailed leader, Henry Okah, was paid to kill him in 2010.

Mr president, Mr Okah said in his sworn affidavit in a south African court that he was the only militant leader who refused to be bribed with your proposed Amnesty programme, we know that the other militants are members of your cabinet and feeding fat on Nigeria's common wealth, while the carnage in the Niger delta still remained unattended to till date.
Mr president, the Militants who benefited from your Amnesty programme, did you ask them if they did anything to salvage the environment they were agitating for? oh! Asari just opened a University in Benin republic, is Cotonou equally part of the Niger delta? could Henry Okah be right after all?

Earlier, the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, said the alleged missing money from the treasury was a propaganda tool created by the APC.

Akpabio said, “We (governors) were the ones that told Mr. President that we should share the 55bn. We said we could not be saving while our people are hungry. Will you be saving when your child is in the hospital?

“If your child dies, wouldn’t you be a fool? The money was shared by the three tiers of government so no money is missing.”

He did not say if the money was in naira or dollars.

Mr Akpabio, I know you are a f00l but I never expected your buffoonery to degenerate to schizophrenia so quickly, the case in court between the FG and the Govs forum was on the sharing of the ECR (Excess crude revenue), an account a well meaning Nigerian Obasanjo put together after he has paid off all our debt amidst high crude prices.

Mr Akpabio, you never advised Jonathan to save a kobo for us or bring out a laudable policy that will change the landscape of our polity at least for future Govts like you, who benefited from your predecessor, you have the temerity to lie that the Governors shared our "FOREIGN RESERVES", are you Schizoprenic to confuse the ECR with foreign reserves? or you think that an Election season makes Nigerians perpetually dumb?

Foreign reserve is missing that is what stabilizes the Naira when crude prices fall, today, Naira is at a free fall because there is no reserve to support it, you and Jonathan should tell us where the money is, the SWF which happen to be the FG's share of the shared ECR, is equally missing about $1b. We need answers before we send your pay master back to Otuoke in Feb.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ugochi Ihezue Meets Rochas Okorocha (Photos) / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 / Senior Lawyers Condemn Buhari’s Open Display Of Ballot Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.