Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan (30410 Views)

Buhari Won’t Fight Sanusi For Criticising FG – Presidency / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / I Won’t Fight Graft By Putting People In Crates –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by jmaine: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2015
hotwax:

Use your head...The looting his party members are doing is not in his administration.

When Buhari get there, if them born you well come and loot.

They can continue drinking water on top what they have stolen. People like Okonjo eweala, Stella Odua will not even be tried.

Wonderful . cheesy
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by philips70(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
I do not expect a certified iidiot like you to get the message when clever people are speaking.

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy Clever people?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Buhari ruled our fathers and still want to rule us. That's an insult in the first place.

To even know that he doesnt have O'Level Certificate and want to rule me but I personally have two First Degrees is a greater insult.

Buhari, has expired ideas of how a country can be governed, but GEJ has assembled the top brass cerebral professionals like NOI, Aganga etc to manage our affairs, what more can we ask for.

Let me continue to say this; If you knowingly vote for Buhari, you are a M0ron.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
wowo2:
I try never to form opinions or bother about politics because I see all Nigerian politicians as lizards, selfish, hopelessly self serving and myopic animals.

But really? Is GEJ the best PDP has to offer Nigeria? as in really? sincerely....really? seriously?

That is my 5 mins of thinking about Nigerian politics.

And the illiterate bukohari leader was the best candidate to emerge from the party of illiterates abi?

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2015
blemon44:
God bless you sir

nothing will make you not to win

not even Buhari

u mean dat stupid talk actually twisted ur gullible mind. so o, corrupt officers should not be prosecuted, but giving national awards by gej. if misconduct is not punished and good behavior reinforced through reward, how else do u enforce compliance. how is it done in China, Europe et al?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by 7lives: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
tit:
I go Tinubu square for the PDP rally.
I start weeping when I heard the words:

"Buhari build prison for you,
I build school for you!'

I begin cry.
God!
Bless this man.
If to say na him be oga when i be small girl,
i for go university!
But I no see admission that time,
I no even get sponsor.

That word still dey touch me for body.
my friends been dey hold me,
but i no gree.
i just had to cry as a woman.

the words be like something Bob Marley go sing for song!
I sure say this thing comot from inside Brother Jonathan mind!
No be Okupe, or Abati or Reno write this one.

Brother Jona don charge ooo!

Are you saying there are no schools in Nigeria in 1984 bro?.
What Nigerians lacked then is discipline, the corruption that took some people to jail under Buhari's administration is like bike compare to the monster trucks kinds of corruption we have in this country in the last 16 years.
So let Buhari come and build more prisons, let him pick up the thieves, the crooks and the fraudsters, the criminals and the dangerous minds of this country, this is the problem with this country and this is what i want him to sort out. The money that's being stolen belongs to Nigerians, the kickbacks and percentages that's exchanging hands are the reasons why most Nigerians are paupers.
I was somewhere in Oshodi yesterday when some tanoids passed through a major road shout ''PDP power'' and the market women were shocked, they were like '' how can a sane mind support this government'' these women are the people facing the stark reality of the current grippling inflation, they described jona's government as a selfish administration ''ijoba aladaje'' meaning the government that eat alone. They eulogise Buhari and Murtala mohamed's administration as a government that care for the masses.
How can jona's kind of speech at yesterday's campaign that I will personally describe as ranting change the mindset of these women and the other women who are feeling the brunt of this administration.
Much as I will not want to blame jona for all the corruption in his administration, he is the head of the administration and his utterances and body language is suspect, jona winning this election will be the 9th wonder of the world.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
oneeast:
What will you call Buhari's grammar and his almajiri accent?

The indicators for an intelligent mind is not by the ZISMS and GBIMS that goes with his diction but the quality and passion of his message.

I have met several fellows especially ladies that observes all their tenses correctly when they speak and you would begin to wonder how they've perfected their diction in such a nice way, but alas! engage them in an intelligent talk they have zero ideas as their mind is as blank as a blank paper.
Take the message and leave the messenger.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

God bless GEJ for me. Is corruption the only problem we have in Nigeria? I love your list but why did you intentionally omitted Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi, Atiku, OBJ, even your Buhari out of the lists or are they saints? That shows you too are corrupt. You see your life? Simple list you don dey do mago mago and you are blaming some sets and leaving your friends out.
Its GEJ till Buhari respect women.

u list d rest of ur colleagues u know. u ge mouth.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by anonimi: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

And the illiterate bukohari leader was the best candidate to emerge from the party of illiterates abi?

Abi o! When their 'excellent' Fashola dey for ground.
Is that not the party of Utomi also?

Their JagaBandit sold out their inheritance to his slave masters the same way he sold yoruba's HoR Speaker to Tambuwal!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2015
customized13:
you messed me up
ooo

You didn't bother calling my attention to such a thread, haba.

#failbuhari2015

Unreserved Apologies

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Awon failure cheesy

Their best agent of change is a 73 year old grandfather grin

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
anonimi:

Abi o! When their 'excellent' Fashola dey for ground. Is that not the party of Utomi also?
Their JagaBandit sold out their inheritance to his slave madters the same way he sold yoruba's HoR Speaker to Tambuwal!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

The APC electing Buhari to lead them is an indictment of how intellectually poor they are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by lawbabs: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:
Yeah, I rather have thieves bundled than see them swimming in opulence and moving above the law like we are seeing undder the govt of the shoeless ranger.

Cc: Bode George
Alammeiseigha
Steella Oduah
Diezani Madueke
Asari dokubo
Tompolo
Mohammed Abacha
Anenih
Ali Modu Sherriff

Etcetera... No more safe havens for the corrupt clueless

#GMB for a better country!

You didnt add the oil cabals, who were represented by their children including the children of Ali and Tukur and many others. We saw them during the Senate Inquiry. GEJ promised to prosecute them if found guilty. Till today, no one was found guilty after our subsidy payment rose from about N300 million to close-to-N2 trillion that year. Could that be that our population grew astronomically that our fuel consumption became significantly higher than previous years? All Dieziani could say is our hands are tied. Is that who should lead us again for another 4 years after 6yrs of inability to fight corruption? the answer is NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
IBROHIM:
so six years is too small to build the institutions! Haba you no de reason? I will... I will... I go....!!!!
I said clearly that Jonathan has his own demons like every other person but replacing him with Buhari is a slap on our collective intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Tonylyte(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

God bless GEJ for me. Is corruption the only problem we have in Nigeria? I love your list but why did you intentionally omitted Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi, Atiku, OBJ, even your Buhari out of the lists or are they saints? That shows you too are corrupt. You see your life? Simple list you don dey do mago mago and you are blaming some sets and leaving your friends out.
Its GEJ till Buhari respect women.
Hahahaha, if them want put currupt nigerians for kirikiri like buhari talk, we go need to budget money annually for prisons wey we go rent outside nigeria. The average nigerian is currupt, u no see the list wey your guy above make? Buhari sef go enter the kirikiri sef.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Would you be happy if your father is bundled into jail without following due the process?

Will you be speaking like this if your uncle is sentenced to 50yrs inprisonment over some BS concocted by some disgruntled fellows just to score some cheap political points?

You're not too smart are you?

Listen, and listen carefully, when I worked in the Justice Department we sometimes went overseas and did what was called "Extraordinary Renditions" on international soil. Basically, what that means is that we conducted a secret operation (which is legal under U.S. law) where we snatch up a fugitive and secretly lead him out of the country back to the United States without the knowledge of the host country. My second trip to your country back in the 70's was to supervise such operation, but the fugitive willingly surrendered at the Embassy (when he discovered the Marshals were on his tail) and was flown back to the United States to face justice.

The truth is, discussing with you lot is a waste of time because you're blinded by the ignorance of Religion and Tribalism, just like you trying to convince me otherwise is a waste of time because I'm "blinded" by forthrightness, Justice, accountability, respect for the rule of law and equality for all.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

Awon failure cheesy

Their best agent of change is a 73 year old grandfather grin

This is why they always fail, presenting an illiterate as your presidential candidate spells doom to even the most optimistic APC member.
Apart from the grandstanding, APC have resigned themselves to be the opposition for the next 4yrs at least, na gra gra ja re.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by hedonistic: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2015
FastShipping:
All the things said by Jonathan and highlighted by the OP are not going to help Jonathan. They are only going to help Buhari in this election. The more Jonathan opens his mouth, the more he sounds like he is either campaigning against himself or campaigning for Buhari. How can Jonathan campaign against Buhari for sending people to prison of 300 years for corruption and expect Nigerians to fault Buhari and vote for Jonathan instead?

Jonathan is in a hole and he keeps digging himself deeper in a hole.

Lucky Dube (of blessed memory) : "they don't build no schools anymore, all they build is prison prison....they don't build no schools anymore, all they build is prison prison" . He must have had despots like Buhari in mind when he sang that classic song.

In this day and age, Nigeria does not need more prisons. Nigeria needs more schools, more industries, more hospitals, more critical infrastructure to alleviate suffering, improve quality of life, reduce misery and desperation, and discourage recourse to criminality. In the end, that is the most effective way of fighting corruption. Mass imprisonment will not stop corruption or discourage crime; it will only make people's resolve stronger and deadlier.

Jonathan is right on point.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by nduchucks: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

To even know that he doesnt have O'Level Certificate and want to rule me but I personally have two First Degrees is a greater insult.

Post ya 1st class proof.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

[size=15pt]Listen, and listen carefully, when I worked in the Justice Department we sometimes went overseas and did what was called "Extraordinary Renditions" on international soil. Basically, what that means is that we conducted a secret operation (which is legal under U.S. law) where we snatch up a fugitive and secretly lead him out of the country back to the United States[/size] without the knowledge of the host country. My second trip to your country back in the 70's was to supervise such operation, but the fugitive willingly surrendered at the Embassy (when he discovered the Marshals were on his tail) and was flown back to the United States to face justice.

The truth is, discussing with you lot is a waste of time because you're blinded by the ignorance of Religion and Tribalism, just like you trying to convince me otherwise is a waste of time because I'm "blinded" by forthrightness, Justice, accountability, respect for the rule of law and equality for all.

Bros I watch the same Rambo film na, you be Sylvester Stallone? This na Rambo 3 or 4?

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

This is why they always fail, presenting an illiterate as your presidential candidate spells doom to even the most optimistic APC member.
Apart from the grandstanding, APC have resigned themselves to be the opposition for the next 4yrs at least, na gra gra ja re.

Absolutely!

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros I watch the same Rambo film na, you be Sylvester Stallone?

grin awon odaran

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

grin awon odaran

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros I watch the same Rambo film na, you be Sylvester Stallone?

Its quite okay not to act like a oaf sometimes, actually always, you know?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ddazz: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Our President says that Buhari didnt buy a rifle for the military yet Buhari was able to wipe out the dreaded Maitatsine sect and the Chadian Rebels who breached Nigeria's territorial integrity.

I wonder what President Jonathan has got to show for the trillions he has allegedly spent on Security.

I wud rather choose a Buhari who wouldn't spend a dime on security and yet keep Nigerians safe than vote for a Jonathan who would squander all of Nigeria's wealth and yet fail to protect innocent Nigerians who die everyday due to an extremely corrupt and grossly incompetent leadership.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Its quite okay not to act like a oaf sometimes, actually always, you know?
Oga Rambo, I hail O.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Tonylyte(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Neither were you very smart to understand that the rot in the system coupled with a young democracy requires meticulous approach over issues of sensitive nature.Unless you're telling me that people can be arrested just because somebody with a haphazard evidence called him a corrupt fellow.

My friend this is democracy,the rules of law must be respected and not the animal kingdom your old illiterate messaiah held down like a drunk
tyrant.

Buhari cannot jail GEJ until he jails himself,Obasanjo,Tinubu,Amaechi et al.

Once again ,you're not a very smart fellow - Thank you for being so dumb beyond redemption.
Hahahaha, easy on him bro. U dont expect lacasera to be intelligent.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2015
ddazz:
Our President says that Buhari didnt buy a rifle for the military [size=15pt]yet Buhari was able to wipe out the dreaded Maitatsine sect[/size] and the Chadian Rebels who breached Nigeria's territorial integrity.

I also wonder how Buhari is able to achieve these feats, the endorsement by MEND and Bokoharam might give one some clues.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by MRLANNISTER(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2015
@ topic.............. YOU WILL NOT FIGHT CORRUPTION AT ALL
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by FrankC3: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2015
sureguy02:
GEJ has set out to deceive gullible and foolish Nigerians.

Go and read about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that was enacted in the US in 2002.

Many people in the US are scared of stealing public funds because they don't want to go to jail.

Why is our case different. The system will be strengthened by human beings. What makes him think it won't be bypassed?

Fraud still occurs even in the biggest firms in the world even though they "have strengthened their system". The only way of check mating it
is to send corrupt individuals to jail so they can serve as a deterrent to others.

Let's use our brains abeg.
You can't defend your paymaster on this one.

You probably know nothing about Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Mentioning that Act to support you logic suggest so, what Sarbanes-Oxley did was to institutionalize the anti corruption struggle in Wall Street even further by encouraging strengthened internal controls in the form of structures, systems and procedures. If you know about Enterprise Architecture as a discipline, this act propelled what was once a back office IBM research into how to rationalize IT spendings to align with business both in public and private sector spendings into a mainstream discipline.

Are you even aware that the Enron and Tycon prosecutions were done not with Sarbanes-Oxley Act but with a pre-dated legislations. Actually, if you know about Nigeria financial landscape, the CBN released a guideline sometime ago to push for a practise that cut loses, improves efficiency, reduce corruption and improve digitized core, all insipired by what Sarbanes-Oxley stood for. Accenture helped the CBN develop that guideline.

Of course, the masses may not see the massive institutional fight against corruption because we have a government that reasons well above the pedestrian cloak and dagger approach and may disappoint our thirst for blood of defaulters. My position in anti-corruption fight is that we need at least 10 years to change the way public business is done, reduce or eliminate the giver and taker contact and ensure that institutions and processes are stronger at any point in time than the person occupying what ever office. It is already happening, for those a little close to the government circle, IPPIS is no small deal. The government is fast digitizing the core of government financial operations. It is my opinion that punitive measure should come in gradually from 2017, but should be majorly targeted at anybody that tries to circumvent the system. Will our fence scaling law maker be able to take up this challenge and run with it? At at today, I don't think we have a reasonable cyber laws that can catch civil servants that try to compromise the system. We must work on that!!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by sucess001(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=20pt]This gej guy is simply dumb.

In Law, it is a principle that for justice to be effective, not only must it be done, it must be SEEN to be done. Even in the banking industry, there is a policy called the name and shame policy to deter future fraudsters....so yes...puttin them on tv has been proven over the years and by policy makers to be effective in fighting corruption...sadly, our clueless president doesnt know this.

On security, he says he needs decades to equip the army.

And i ask, how many years did Boko Haram use to equip themselves? Thats not even mentioning that 70% of their arms were taken frm the Nigerian Military. Mr. president, Buhari was head of state 30 years ago with a far far smaller budget and ruled for 18 months. you have ruled for 6 years!

It means then that you are asking for another 30 years to bring our military up to standard since u are blaming a govt 30 years ago for the faults of today. Sadly, we cant give you that. So off you go to Otuoke...or Kirikiri...whichever is applicable.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Listen, and listen carefully, when I worked in the Justice Department we sometimes went overseas and did what was called "Extraordinary Renditions" on international soil. Basically, what that means is that we conducted a secret operation (which is legal under U.S. law) where we snatch up a fugitive and secretly lead him out of the country back to the United States without the knowledge of the host country. My second trip to your country back in the 70's was to supervise such operation, but the fugitive willingly surrendered at the Embassy (when he discovered the Marshals were on his tail) and was flown back to the United States to face justice.

Trash of the century.

The same US where cooperate greed and lobbyists have taken over the unethical practices to another level while we call it 'corruption' in Nigeria?

You accosted somebody to the embassy and he willingly offered himself for arrest.What were you expecting him to do, blow up the place?......You're not very a smart person at all then ,if you can't tell when a criminal has been cornered that he is left with no choice than to surrender.

And if I may I get you clearly ,you actually took someone away from Nigeria without the idea of the host country?....isn't that kidnapping even if it is legal in US does that make it legal in Nigeria?
You're one of those iidiots that has been helping the West in messing up with the sovereignty of African countries just to get that useless paper you call passport?.....You're a disgrace to the black race,people like Malcolm X will refer to you as a ''House Negro" grin.

I'll rather remain under a corrupt Blackman than be doing anything just to please that old pale thing you call white man.

You deserve to be hanged for kidnapping a brother.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact / Keke Now Completely Banned In Owerri / Amina Abubakar Bello Inspects Niger Disease Isolation Center, Okays Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.