Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan (30425 Views)

Buhari Won’t Fight Sanusi For Criticising FG – Presidency / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / I Won’t Fight Graft By Putting People In Crates –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by tmost01(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Some people say Jonathan is only meant to build Nigeria but not to transform it. How many yrs will it take him to transform our nation with sycophantly corrupt politians like Bode George, fani kayode et al.
To escape being prosecuted, the best for politicians nowadays, is to join PDP.
Change is a must!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
The difference is - Buhari was not in power at that time. If we are to measure the gravity of the two, it is worse for a current president with executive powers to say that stealing is NOT corruption on national TV than for a former military head of state to tell newspaper journalist that a past president - Abacha did not steal.

Difference: Jonathan should be fighting corruption since he still has powers, while Buhari had no powers to go after the Abacha loot since he is not the president.

As for diverting state's resources - did you watch the presidential fund raising on TV when different Government institutions were donating to Jonathan's campaign in the name of their institutions? Now lets us guage how much was raised for PDP and how much was raised for APC, then you would know that PDP are the bigger thieves.

If Jonathan had prosecuted enough corrupt and looting Government officials this practice of donating money to campaigns would not even be happening!

PS: I am not 100% for Buhari BUT I am 100% against Jonathan and PDP. Their grip on the presidency is encouraging looters and thieves that feel that nobody would go after them after all Jonathan doesn't see any big deal with stealing.

londoner:
I agree it was an outrageous statement, a well as Buhari saying that Abacha never stole.

However, Buhari is surrounded by people even diverting their sattes resources to support his election campaign. Govs are using state money meant for their own people or his campaign.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by kinkymax: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
calebo101:
Buhari say e fight corruption, so why is there still corruption? cheesy. According to transparency international, under Abacha with buhari as PTF head, Nigeria was in the top 3 most corrupt country in the world! Under obasanjo Nigeria was constantly ranking 1st and 2nd... Under Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria is ranked 33rd and still reducing!!! Whatever Jonathan is doing is working very very fine.

Once again we all see the difference between a graduate and an illiterate.

Why a graduate is building schools to educate us, the illiterate is building prisons...

Why a graduate is saying NO to Godfatherism (ask Obasanjo), the illiterate surrounds himself with them... cheesy

Why a graduate believes women have a place in the society, the illiterate believes a woman's place is in the kitchen...

Why a graduate is reviving our railways, the illiterate would cancel them as he did 30 years ago...

Why a graduate would build infrastructures and create enabling environment for the youths to succeed (SUREP), the illiterate would save the money in a bank and be giving his Almajiri slaves 1 meal a day and 5000 Naira monthly...

Why a graduate believes the youths are the future of tomorrow, an illiterate at 73 years with grandchildren still feels it's his time...

Buhari go and rest oooooo, you rule my papa u wan still rule me... sad angry TUFIA angry, God nor go allow am.
I refuse to be a Slave. I am not in Egypt and you are not Pharoah!!!
I refuse to be ruled by an illiterate angry angry
yep we see d difference Dats y u re using why instead of while. U re a graduate indeed

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ptolemy247(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:

What makes the Institution?

Answer - The Man.

#Case Closed!
You are wrong...people not The Man make up an institution...People with a distinct ideology make up an institution!! Creating a mindset that abhors corruption and fights it is the key,not jailing people....a certain book said 'since men have learnt to shoot without missing,birds have learnt to fly without perching'....fight corruption by putting people in jail and they may develop a new strategy to be corrupt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by londoner: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
mpowa:

This man has been in power for 6yrs, what has he done against corruption? Oh he needs 50yrs to build institutions against corruption, the best campaign is the testimony of what you've done already, what's Jona's testimony?... maybe STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

I think he was elected in May 2010, so its not really 6 yers yet as president. If he was allowed to perform in a peaceful Nigeria he would have done MUCH more.

What he has done against corruption? .........

Well, he has closed some traditional loopholes which served to keep corruption alive and well in the everyday business of governent.

- We have seen it in agriculture and the way farmers get seeds (electronic and straight to farmer) no more space for corrupt middle men.

- Engaging in contracts that leave little room for the usual kick-backs and non-performance. This is seen with the railways which is under the agreement which means it is delivered before payment is made.

- Even the nafdac scratch cards for drugs. Does it not make it less profitable to produce fake and dangerous drugs, which in itself is a corrupt practice that many have enrished themselves with?

- Getting rid of ghost workers

- Privatising PHCN and taking it out of go hands as much as possible to ensure investment, employment and also deliver of service. Not only that, it was done and designed in such a way that no one company has a monopoly. If electricity circumvents politicians or gov agencies, there is less cance for corruption and bribery. It would now lead to a simple interection between supply and demand. The only way a company can make money now is through their customers.

I know that when some people say what has he done against corruption what they mean is, how many people has he jailed?

Jailing criminals should be part of it, but unless you address the system, you are actually encouraging corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=29623471][/quote]

Yes you don't put them in crates because you don't fight corruption at all undecided undecided

This man is so USELESS!!!!!!!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ssammy: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
lacasa:

U r not too bright I'm guessing.

My last statement should av given u a clue as to wat I mean.

Institutions, we have, infact they are multiple.

We have the Efcc, ICpc, CBN, SON, NCC, etc they r so many that we have to regulate foul play in the system.

Now, GEJ has 6years under his belt. Enough years for a serious man to effect a purposeful anti-corruption plan and implementation of it. Be it strengthening such bodies by way of policy ammendment, funding, liasing etc

But, ironically, He has made the suspects his dinner guests of honor and made them worse and untouchable.

The DSS, Police, Army and Nigerian Courts are a global laughing stock where opposition parties are those they harass and intimidate.

They r now PdP attack dogs and houseboys

It's a Shame!

GEj will be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison wen GmB comes in to clean up his mess!
U sound dumb..............i

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by londoner: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
ptolemy247:

You are wrong...people not The Man make up an institution...People with a distinct ideology make up an institution!! Creating a mindset that abhors corruption and fights it is the key,not jailing people....a certain book said 'since men have learnt to shoot without missing,birds have learnt to fly without perching'....fight corruption by putting people in jail and they may develop a new strategy to be corrupt.

Exactly, and there are some people that don't actually mind spending time in jail and coming out to continue spending, or knowing that even though they are in jail, their families are feeding fat from the stolen loot or their childrens education abroad is being paid for.

They will simply steal under the same old system and mak sure they send that money fast, fast.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Popemax(m): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
For a thousand and one reasons, Buhari can, and will never rule Nigeria. I couldn't get my PVC, so I'm not voting. But I'm doing my best to campaign for a man with the heart and love for his country, a man whose transformation policies are beginning to yield results, a man who is humble to the core. A man who takes every Nigerian as a Nigerian.....
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Rajman45(m): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
chuksmad:

This man nawaooo, you can't even spell declare as bolded
is dat d only one u saw..lol. I thought u wanted to say somethin else. Blind followers of GEJ
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Where do I even start to respond to this nonsense? You know it's ok to concede when you've been defeated than to try to wiggle your way out of a Web only to entangle yourself even more.

How do you know my race? How do you know the race of the person that surrendered? Who told you lobbying is the same as corruption? Stop trying to pretend like you know how the system works out here. So, you're trying to tell me that when your corrupt President, his cronies and your politicians dip their hands in the Treasury and steal money meant for the people that's lobbying?

The rest of what you wrote did nothing but to further expose your ignorance. Youre not intelligent and have proven to be a waste of time. People like you will ensure Nigeria never reaches it's full potential.
Lol....You keep living in self denial.
You even sound more confused than I thought,we are talking about corrupt practices in Nigeria which you responded on how you came into our country in the 70s to kidnap someone without the knowledge of the host country which I can only assume that he is a Blackman and a Nigerian but as soon as your ignorance and your self confessed kidnapping with the US justice department unholy union was exposed you started eating back your own confessions like the common criminal that you are.

You're a dunce for thinking that everyone is stuck in the shores of Africa like your poor asss that is stuck in America waiting for food handouts while being constantly stranded on welfare for the rest of your miserable life.

Someone that is probably driving taxis and peddling drugs in the US is coming here to spew trash about how they kidnapped an African from his own homeland and you expect me to praise your sorry asss? undecided

Get lost ,come back and talk to me when you're done squeezing yourself in that 4x4 cubicle you call home.
You're a certified iidiot my friend.

If you ever quote your mother with that your leprosy infested hands,May Amadioha strike you dead .

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Popemax(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
lestat:

Yes you don't put them in crates because you don't fight corruption at all undecided undecided

This man is so USELESS!!!!!!!
your father is useless.....in Kenya a 16yr old boy insulted there president and was imprisoned for 1yrs....get a llife useless cow

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=lestat post=29636000]

[s]Yes you don't put them in crates because you don't fight corruption at all undecided undecided

This man is so USELESS!!!!!!![/[/s]quote]

Kings are born but not made.

See voice of reason, remove hatred and sentiment from your heart.

Jonathan is the best for the moment until we find another better person in 2019.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Rajman45(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tonylyte:

Shut up! It a federal university. Stop comparing amaechi WAYO'S projects with that of goodluck jonathan. We all know what happened to his railway project.
hahaha...u forgot what u wrote "kogi state university" or dont u know what ur sayin anymore..frm state to federal uni, eyyaa what a shame. Come to rivers state and see the good schools build by our governor
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Buhari 2014

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Popemax(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
Because the Hausa leaders have seen that if this man holds power for another 4yrs, he will now concentrate on developing the south, removing government's hand from public utilities and when it's time for the north to rule, they will virtually have nothing yet. This isn't about any change my man; dis is about power returning to the north by all means

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Rajman45(m): 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
chuksmad:

This man nawaooo, you can't even spell declare as bolded
was declear d only one u saw, hmm nd i thought u have somethin to say..lol. Since u really cant defend d president ur killin urself 4, better look for a job to do..cus i know ur jobless. Blind follower of GEJ
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Popemax:
your father is useless.....in Kenya a 16yr old boy insulted there president and was imprisoned for 1yrs....get a llife useless cow

And this is me caring how it makes you feel when i insult this useless GEJ undecided you didn't see it? okay let me show you again undecided
stop behaving like an orphaned rottweiler and face the facts, GEJ is so useless, and corrupt that even the flies find spoiled fruit more useful than GEJ
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=29636181][/quote]

Yes and GEJ is only a king of corrupt, clueless drunkards. we both know he wont win this elections, so who is fooling who?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
kinkymax:
yep we see d difference Dats y u re using why instead of while. U re a graduate indeed

Thank you sir. I don correct am grin

Nor blame me, I just enrol for almajiri school.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Firefire(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
lestat:

Yes and GEJ is only a king of corrupt, clueless drunkards. we both know he wont win this elections, so who is fooling who?

You have only ONE VOTE, use it wisely.

Vote GEJ so that your unborn children can thank you later.

Enjoy your week-end!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by 12ema: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
You won't fight corruption, period.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Popemax:
Stop lying to people, Give us your source where a 16yy old Kenya was jailed for insulting the president
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by janvier27(m): 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
A quick statistics from the first 50 posts on this thread:
a. Clearly pro GMB comments: 646 likes
b. Clearly pro GEJ comments : 877 likes
c. Neutral comments : 80 likes
d. Comments against GMB ( not directly supporting GEJ ) : 147 likes
e. Comments against GEJ ( not directly supporting GMB ) : 282 likes
f. If assumed (d) indicates pro GEJ and (e) indicates pro GMB, then:
Pro GMB: 928 likes
Pro GEJ: 1,024 likes.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by asids55: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Popemax:
For a thousand and one reasons, Buhari can, and will never rule Nigeria. I couldn't get my PVC, so I'm not voting. But I'm doing my best to campaign for a man with the heart and love for his country, a man whose transformation policies are beginning to yield results, a man who is humble to the core. A man who takes every Nigerian as a Nigerian.....

well I have my pvc and am voting for buhari..plus one for him, and minus one for gej
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by lexyclasy: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
mpowa:

This man has been in power for 6yrs, what has he done against corruption? Oh he needs 50yrs to build institutions against corruption, the best campaign is the testimony of what you've done already, what's Jona's testimony?... maybe STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.
Bros stealing is not corruption dont just make mockery of yourself

Now check out

1) Stealing: transitive verb (preterite stole, past participle stolen) money etc voler

2 intransitive verb (preterite stole, past participle stolen) (be a thief) voler; steal in/out entrer/sortir à pas feutrés
Translation dictionaries © 2000 C. Langenscheidt KG Berlin and Munich.

2) Corruption: dishonesty
dishonesty, exploitation, sleaze, bribery, fraud, venality
antonym: honesty
depravity
depravity, perversion, immorality, harm, debasement, degeneracy, vice

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Now my own analogy: if you sell fuel say N20 a liter and heard a rumour of strike looming you quickly hurd ur fuel and put a post no fuel at the peak period of the strike u sold it at N150 as against N20 is that stealing or corruption tell me
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=londoner post=29635982]

I think he was elected in May 2010, so its not really 6 yers yet as president. If he was allowed to perform in a peaceful Nigeria he would have done MUCH more.

Every failure has an excuse, did Gowan blame his three years war with the Biafrans for his failure? Did Obasanjo blame the Cameroonians? which president in the world doesn't have distractions? Columbia? Did Shagari blame the Chadians neither did buhari blame the Maitasine, Did Yaradua blame the Militants? Your ability to deliver in tough times will distinguish you as a PhD holder.

What he has done against corruption? .........

Well, he has closed some traditional loopholes which served to keep corruption alive and well in the everyday business of governent.

- We have seen it in agriculture and the way farmers get seeds (electronic and straight to farmer) no more space for corrupt middle men.

- Engaging in contracts that leave little room for the usual kick-backs and non-performance. This is seen with the railways which is under the agreement which means it is delivered before payment is made.

- Even the nafdac scratch cards for drugs. Does it not make it less profitable to produce fake and dangerous drugs, which in itself is a corrupt practice that many have enrished themselves with?

Psychologists say that sanction is the most effective weapon for deterrence, how many of those thieves are in jail? Don't you think they may have been co opted into the new programme or re strategized to stay off radar? would it be so if they lost assets (biggest insurance of a corrupt man)? How can a man have his freedom and assets intact and you claim you are fighting corruption? does it make sense to you?
The electronic means can as well be compromised because people know that there is no punitive consequence for malfeasance.

- Getting rid of ghost workers

A presidential achievement in 2015? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

- Privatising PHCN and taking it out of go hands as much as possible to ensure investment, employment and also deliver of service. Not only that, it was done and designed in such a way that no one company has a monopoly. If electricity circumvents politicians or gov agencies, there is less cance for corruption and bribery. It would now lead to a simple interection between supply and demand. The only way a company can make money now is through their customers.

Are you trying to flatter yourself, because one more lie from you i will curse you to the ground? why was Nnaji who brought the privatization and Balkanize idea relived of his duties? why will Nest oil a friend of the president be allowed to own power generating plants where it was clear they have no pedigree of power generation? while claiming Geometric Power is a conflict of interest, a company that has been Generating electricity before Jonathan got a PhD through Expo?

Where are the digital meters that will guarantee the phasing out of estimation billing method? why are we still paying service charge of 750 naira per recharge? A company operating in PH with a population of over 12m people, by virtue of buying cards, the company has made over
9billion, why will they bother giving you electricity when they have made their profits from source?
I think you don't even know what corruption is, ask your Son to tell you what they are taught in social studies about corruption.

I know that when some people say what has he done against corruption what they mean is, how many people has he jailed?

Jailing criminals should be part of it, but unless you address the system, you are actually encouraging corruption.

Jailing criminals is commonsense it is a dunce that sees it as rocket Science. people in the new institution you have built should remember that there was someone who was jailed for this particular offense they are about to commit, people should have fear of consequence, that is the system that works world over, a friend of thieves will say it is not possible in Nigeria because he doesn't want to be pardoning plenty thieves once they are out of prison.

The fear of EFCC used to be the beginning of wisdom, today, people commit financial fraud with impunity, they can always settle their way out.
Why do we need to buy police vehicles and govt official vehicles when we can seize assets of corrupt people? where will you get the resources to build your new institutions when you have not confiscated and discarded their assets? Imagine Ifeanyi uba getting back his Capital oil after stealing Access bank blind, shame on you!!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ProBlack03(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
God Bless u for me GEJ.

Re-pledging my support!!

GEJ2019
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by segnys007(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
See this President o, you ain't fighting corruption at ALL ni, either putting people in crates or otherwise.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by segnys007(m): 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
lexyclasy:

Bros stealing is not corruption dont just make mockery of yourself

Now check out

1) Stealing: transitive verb (preterite stole, past participle stolen) money etc voler

2 intransitive verb (preterite stole, past participle stolen) (be a thief) voler; steal in/out entrer/sortir à pas feutrés
Translation dictionaries © 2000 C. Langenscheidt KG Berlin and Munich.

2) Corruption: dishonesty
dishonesty, exploitation, sleaze, bribery, fraud, venality
antonym: honesty
depravity
depravity, perversion, immorality, harm, debasement, degeneracy, vice

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Now my own analogy: if you sell fuel say N20 a liter and heard a rumour of strike looming you quickly hurd ur fuel and put a post no fuel at the peak period of the strike u sold it at N150 as against N20 is that stealing or corruption tell me
You are missing the point, duh! Could a Nigerian president afford to make such distinction? Both malfeasance I.e stealing and corruption happens in the corridor of power in Nigeria, didn't you think he trivialises the issue considering what both stealing and corruption has caused Nigerians? Or would you support ur child to steal as long as he's not corrupt, right? The difference between stealing and corruption is the difference between six and half a dozen, IMHO
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by afrikanns: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
All you hopeless people clamouring for his re-election, your present generation and another to come has no future already, his coming back will now make your generations upon generations regret ever coming to this beautiful world,because world is sweet.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by afrikanns: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
If mistakenly I voted for him, whatever it gonna cost me I will make sure that I voted 50 times for my real,discipline his Excellency to be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic / The Dickson Quadruplets: Alexander, Alaere, Ebierewarisuode And Edimere (Photos) / Osinbajo: We Are Learning ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Steps For Our Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.