Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147361 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by fathfam(f): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
i am a marketer cheesy av not been out today tongue cos am a lil but confused cry since i have 90working days to provide 10million Naira cash to the Organisation, biko i sell local and international Tickets pls start buying from me, thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by fathfam(f): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
I
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
hello all, sorry to butt in but i think this may generally be useful,

JOB DETAILS  :  An finance advisory firm based in Lagos is currently seeking young, bright, talented and dynamic individuals to fill an Analyst role.

Requirements:

Must possess a minimum of a Second class (Upper Division) Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in an Accounting/Business related course.

Experience not required but is an advantage.

Must be under 28 years of age.

CFA Level 1, ACCA / ICAN  in view are a plus.

Experience not required but is an advantage.

Send CV to advisoryjobs@gmail.com

Only qualified applicants will be contacted

Entries close within 2 weeks of this post.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2011
Well . . . my long leave finally came to an end, and I am back at work embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ajanlekoko,

Vacation has a way of ending eh!. Look forward to the long xmas break.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2011
yodiyokun:

Ajanlekoko,

LOL.
I dare not talk about Xmas break. Apart from the public holidays, I am at work every day.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2011
in my second and final week of some long overdue leave - and the fecking calls just keep coming in
Re: Welcome To My Office by mbulela: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
I dare not talk about Xmas break. Apart from the public holidays, I am at work every day.
Oga, you just dey blank my side. no response to even my greetings via email.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2011
mbulela:

Oga, you just dey blank my side. no response to even my greetings via email.

No vex.
Baby AjanleKoko is keeping me up late nights embarassed

Let's touch base whenever you can jare.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
oyb:

in my second and final week of some long overdue leave - and the fecking calls just keep coming in

yodiyokun:

Ajanlekoko,

una just dey opress me o. . .

no christmas break for me (in fact I dey on-call on christmas day gan gan. . .), new year I'm not sha, torn between spending it in gidi and going to abj to spend it with my *cough*family*cough*

@Ajanlekoko
AjanleKoko:

No vex.
Baby AjanleKoko is keeping me up late nights embarassed

Let's touch base whenever you can jare.
Baby?. . .congrats o. . .you no qualify for paternity leave ni?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Wallie(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2011
One of the Partners knocked on my door and I told him to come in. When he came in, he said "men, why do you have such a menacing look on your face like 'what do you want'? You're a big guy with a bald head!"

I started cracking up because I'm surprised that my apprehension towards his behavior showed on my face! Plus, I’ve never thought of my self as being a big guy at 6ft 195lbs.

I need to hit the gym more often to get even bigger so that he gets off my back!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
back to the grind after 2wks leave

just as i was really getting into it . . . angry sad cry
Re: Welcome To My Office by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2011
Sorry about that but u need the cash
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2011
okay, I'm starting to turn into that person I said I would never let my self become:

one of those people that go to work in the morning, come back at night too tired to do anything but sleep. (well, I call my girlfriend before I sleep sha. . . grin)

This past week has been lousy, I've consistently worked more than 12hours er'day. . .I barely have time to eat sef nowadays

The annoying thing is that It isn't only paperwork I've been doing, so instead of being just mentally tired, I'm also physically tired undecided

There's just soooo much work to do. . .heck I'm starting to get short tempered

Thankfully I enjoyed my sallah break sha. . .I need to get away from this village more often!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Wallie(m): 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
In my profession, I rarely run across Nigerians that are identifiable by their names. I’m currently working on a case that has an identifiable Nigerian name as the government’s representative (Examiner). I’m tempted to reach out to the person just to say, “Hi I would be submitting a brief on behalf of my client and I do notice that your name is of Nigerian origin…” but the person would know that my excuse for calling is flimsy.

@netotse

Before reading your post, I saw "come back at night too tired to do anything but sleep" and I thought you're trying to say that you're too tired to service your girlfriend! grin Since that didn't happen, you no tired reach. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
Lol, Preach to him jor
Re: Welcome To My Office by Gboliwe: 3:02am On Nov 19, 2011
This 'office' is making me envious.
I love its mature 'workers' quite unlike what I read in other threads.
Keep it up, one day, i'll join this league.
If any can help, i've a Bsc in Accounting(2.2) and in dire need of a job.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
@wallie
lmao. . .

@thread
. . .I had a roller coaster week!

I stopped the Kiln** on wednesday. . .or so the chinese engineers say. The drive had been overheating(the kiln is turned by a variable speed motor so it has a drive

in a panel located in a substation). The menu on the panel was in chinese so a colleague changed the language to english(they didn't know we could do that  grin)

and I was checking the fault history, my colleague was like "let's leave before this thing trips" and I replied "abeg free me, do I look like I'm playing here". . .next

thing the machine tripped, a few seconds later, like 4 chinese engineers appeared in the substation and asked the labourer monitoring the panel what happened,

the dude pointed at me. . .lol, next thing they started screaming in chinese and terrible english, me sef I raked back(I was scared o. . .), then their commissioning

manager came, he now called the plant manager who is my N + 4(he didn't even call my boss sef. . .yeye chink), I sharply sent a text to my boss, "sir,

there's been an incident. . .,
" . . .lolcome and see the english/chinese and theatrics (the chinks used style to give the panel time to cool down before they could started

the drive again), surprisingly, when the plant manager showed up(with most of the plant excom in tow. . .trust naija now), I sha said my bit after the chinks

practically accused me of sabotage, thankfully the ogas had discussed the problems with that drive earlier that morning so my story was plausible.

In the end, I sha got a "we all make mistakes" speech from my N+2 (the plant manager didn't even stay long sef. . .), men. . .I've been gentle since then o.

now some of my friends at work call me kiln stopper, but that day, It wasn't funny at all o. . .

In other related news, I went out today and bought myself this really cute 5" adjustable spanner, It's so pretty I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use it to loosen/tighten any bolts. . .NOT!!!! grin (yes I just described a tool as cute. . .dont hate tongue grin cheesy)
Re: Welcome To My Office by Antimatter: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^
Thou shall not fear. At least you have learnt something.

The office is getting hotter everyday. Am in the middle of an SAP project that is going live by January.
Lots of activities are running in parallel. Currently doing 7 - 6 (Saturdays sometimes).

Can't complain. Am getting the experience of a lifetime.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2011
In the office on a Sunday morning this week. . . . getting ready to go home tomorrow but still have 11 hours of work today!

Just came out to the remote site in the middle of the desert to do some pre-work for the gas plant fire and explosion analysis next year and I've been here for 4 days - just one to go. It's amazing how clean the air is in the desert, and at this time of the year it's not too hot and not too cold - perfect weather - not like July/August when you are melting outdoors.

The 12 hour days are still a drag though, dunno if I can work here regularly like others do - I guess the 50% uplift in salary makes up for it. . . .need to start convincing the missus telling her we'll take three exotic vacations a year to make up for my time away. grin

Lol @ Kiln sabotager

I remember being in a similar situation like a year ago - needed to test some fire and gas shutdown systems and the plant manager kept refusing to authorize the permit thinking we'd shut down the plant by accidentally activating the fire system. Eventually convinced him to sign, but throughout the job I was sweating buckets and kept checking with the technician to make sure we didn't hit the shutdown switch by accident.

I heard y'all are now exporting power to the national grid? Abeg land dey beside your site? Lemme build my country home there with 24/7 electricity. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:59am On Dec 07, 2011
Frenzied end to a very successful year for me and my team.
Next year will be interesting, with QoS and number portability the hot items with the regulator.
The SIM registration exercise made this year quite interesting, as it cut into the gross additions targets for 2011. But we did pretty good. I hope we'll impress the shareholders, we definitely didn't achieve budgeted revenues, but still made a very strong showing. Anyhow, bonuses must show face grin.
Re: Welcome To My Office by mbulela: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Anyhow, bonuses must show face grin.

maybe when bonus show face you will be in a happy mood and willing to look my side.
the way you just bone me sha!
greet baby Ajanlekoko for me.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:36am On Dec 07, 2011
mbulela:

maybe when bonus show face you will be in a happy mood and willing to look my side.
the way you just bone me sha!
greet baby Ajanlekoko for me.

Actually no vex.
I've just been in the middle of a very important personal project, which is taking up all of my time outside work.
Re: Welcome To My Office by mbulela: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Actually no vex.
I've just been in the middle of a very important personal project, which is taking up all of my time outside work.

vex ke? not at all.
just felt like a pest for a short while embarassed.
All the best with the project and early christmas wishes to you and yours.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
debosky:

I heard y'all are now exporting power to the national grid? Abeg land dey beside your site? Lemme build my country home there with 24/7 electricity. grin
lmao. . .no be naija?. . .they plan to do so but they haven't started yet.

AjanleKoko:

Frenzied end to a very successful year for me and my team.
Next year will be interesting, with QoS and number portability the hot items with the regulator.
The SIM registration exercise made this year quite interesting, as it cut into the gross additions targets for 2011. But we did pretty good. I hope we'll impress the shareholders, we definitely didn't achieve budgeted revenues, but still made a very strong showing. Anyhow, bonuses must show face grin.

you best believe. . .but with the bonuses comes annual appraisals. . .*sigh* I think I'm going to have a quiet one this year. . .I dont have energy to cause wahala anymore. . . grin

@thread
I'm getting tired of this whole mech engrs being the favoured bunch setup. . .let's see what the new year holds sha. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by blacksta(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
Started A New contract In Nov - Less money but more Responsibilities

Sometimes i feel like i am in India - Office is full of Indians - As the Oyinbo Client don sub contract all the Job to Indian Consultancy Company - what shame sha for local population.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2011
blacksta:

Started A New contract In Nov - Less money but more Responsibilities

Sometimes i feel like i am in India - Office is full of Indians - As the Oyinbo Client don sub contract all the Job to Indian Consultancy Company - what shame sha for local population.

Why is it a shame?
If Indians can do it cheaper and better so be it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by blacksta(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Why is it a shame?
If Indians can do it cheaper and better so be it.

Ajanle - you want open a can of worms

Who has been lying to you.

I agree they do it cheaper but definitely not better. The Indian ideology is throw 1 expert at the job but surrounded by rookies. The game is not about numbers but quality and are you aware of number of projects that have been recalled back onshore simply because the outsource/offshore work is totally crap.

I dont really blame the Indian companies but fault lies with multinationals looking to cut cost and increase profit margins. .

In my experience the outsourced jobs cost more in the long run as it requires more effort onshore.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2011
I'm back in the desert for 7 days but this time at a 'civilised' camp in the main oil city with bigger rooms and more importantly, alcohol. grin

Still working 12 hour days for the 7 days though, and doing HAZOPs all day long can be quite draining. Good thing I can pop into NL now and then to let off steam. cheesy

The end of year show was yesterday with three English chicks performing songs by Abba, Kylie and Amy Winehouse in their hot pants and tight tops. . . .the chicks were ok but not stunning, but see how the locals were ogling. I thought some of these arab dudes would faint seeing much flesh. One guy was recording the show non stop throughout like a movie producer. In an almost 100% camp like this, seeing half naked chicks is like dynamite. grin

Seriously considering applying for a rotation job, these guys get more than double my salary for doing exactly the same job. The problem is the Management at the home front may not approve. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
blacksta:

Ajanle - you want open a can of worms

Who has been lying to you.

I agree they do it cheaper but definitely not better. The Indian ideology is throw 1 expert at the job but surrounded by rookies. The game is not about numbers but quality and are you aware of number of projects that have been recalled back onshore simply because the outsource/offshore work is totally crap.

I dont really blame the Indian companies but fault lies with multinationals looking to cut cost and increase profit margins. .

In my experience the outsourced jobs cost more in the long run as it requires more effort onshore.

Nobody dey lie to me, bros. 'Better' is relative.
You might do the job with more quality, which at the end of the day doesn't add squat to the bottom line, only decreases the margins.
To today's industrialists, cheaper is better.
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ajanlekoko, I think I agree with Blacksta. The ones I have had the "pleasure" of working with only blow hot steam and no substance.

Trust me it can be frustrating calling a call center in india for a service provided by a Canadian company. You really do not want to be in that situation! Half of the time they do not have an idea what you are talking about or what they are talking about for that matter. The companies may be increasing their bottomline but the service is far from better!.

Back to Holiday talk ----

So much to do in so little time.

I'm looking foward to the week of Christmas off.

Finished my christmas decor 2 weekends ago and I should start my gift shopping this weekend.

The malls here turn to semi-demi Balogun during xmas. My list is short this year - trying to be dollar conscious.

Anyone have any plans for the holidays, travel to visit parents back home et la et la?? How I miss those days.

Got to get back to my report writing, cheerio!
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2011
@Office
Good to know everybody is hitting high

@Neto, keep learning bro. It's called paying your dues.

Been a while here guys,
I've been on a roller coaster ride for a cashless Nigeria!
Call me a crusader if you wish  grin  grin  grin
Churning out products and processes to make sure
customers are all migrated to eChannels has been my forth these past months
You know the funny thing, we keep telling customers its for their own good
But i tell ya, the Lords of the manor have discovered
that this is actually a gold mine! So all resources are being mobilized to drive this.

Anyways, my Christmas starts next week, till january   cool  cool
Been away from family for too long

@Akanlekoko
What's your guys offer on mobile money, i've been seeing the yellow boyz advert
Our own pact with the Indian telco collapsed midway, so we are going solo now
First quarter next year is gonna be Exciting!

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.