Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (32324 Views)

Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments / Us Top Think-tank, Brookings; Say Apc Is A Fragile Anti- Jonathan Setup / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by realsuccess: 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
This man is a total idiot, did he took over power from 1999, he is a great loses

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by kennyjodeci(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
philips70:
[b]Brookings or no Brookings Jonathan is a goner. This rating was written long ago and events have surpassed it. After watching and listening to all the campaigns, Brookings themselves are confused and only wish they can retract their earlier position. A lot has changed since the primaries and many hitherto undecided Nigerians have fallen in love with the General all thanks to a lacklustre GEJ's campaign strategies and FFK/Fayose's useless rants. The wind of change blowing currently is beyond a Tinubu character. It's just magical. Let GEJites be reminded this is no 2011 where "I have no shoes" worked for their paymaster. His attempt in using "Okah was procured by some powerful Nizerians to kill me in 2010" to replicate "I have no shoes" backfired and further sent many would be converts faraway from him. Yesterday Fayose drove the final nail into his coffin. I have no pity for a man so blessed who wasted a lot of goodwill albeit procured fraudulently due to cluelessness and crass laziness of the brain.

GEJ for Councillor Otuoke ward 1 2015[/b]

Nigerians have fallen in love with buhari? Are you kidding me? Ichagokwa anya? Abeg speak for yourself alone

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Ilekeh(f): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
The minute the western world starts telling African nations who will govern them, that's the minute we all need to be careful.

Which African nation has benefited from USA's intervention in her politics?

And I have NEVER heard of Brookings.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Dannyset(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
The last paragraph is very inciting, and shouldn't be coming from a Country like US.
Then OP, that ur using the pic of Obama with d background of Bookings or whatever u call it, doesn't mean he said this.
And all the points they gave in support of Jonathan has been washed away, and many full of lies.
But whatever the case, CHANGE has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Akon419(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
M4gunners:
This is the gospel truth. Even a Child knows the northerners want the power return to them. God is not asleep. GEJ will definitely retain his Office come February 14th.
yes, they north only want power return to north. Under their previous rule nigeria image ar been relegated to the ground locally and internationally . Now that we are beginning to regain our lost image, they brought in a mediocre in the person of buhari to take us back to Stone Age . God forbid

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by jmslimx(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Guidette:
WHY JONATHAN CANT WIN IN 2015
1. He has maligned the core north of Hausa and Fulani labelling them as power hungry. I can see 90% of them voting for APC.

2. He and his cronies have castigated all muslims in Nigeria and enveloped them as blood sucking terrorists. Meanwhile roughly half of the country is Muslim. I see 95% of of them voting for APC.

3. He and his followers then decided to become dumbasses of the century by focusing on rotten smear tactics that have reached a new low. I can see more than 99% of reasonable, literate and intelligent people voting for APC.

4. On a whole Jonathan has underperformed and destroyed critical areas of Nigeria in terms of economy, security, infrastructure,etc. I see patriotic and well meaning Nigerians voting 100% for APC.

Now tell me how Jonathan can win the election.

Sai Buhari!!!

Bro!! as far as Nigeria is concern with this stage we are in where pen and paper are still invoke!!! the only way GEJ will loose is if jigga betrays him which is likely not the case because when you look at the north it self you will see that they hold key positions in the GEJ administration!! plus majority of them from Jiga people re behind GEJ so definitely both parties will Rigged but the power incumbency will always go ahead to win

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Alphonsocapone(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Niwdog:
By the special grace of God

Gej wil retain that seat til 2019 before a northerner from middle belt wil take over
niwDOG, oldDOGS aint finding it easy in this gej administration why not support dem to bring change so that both the niw and old will enjoy.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by AreaFada2: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
The analysis about SW is spot on.

They should look at themselves and ask why Fashola couldn't be selected as Presidential candidate.

If the reasons for ignoring the BEST candidate (BRJ) since Awolowo suggest that we're a country that is ready to be one, do things on merit and make decent progress like other forward thinking and serious countries.

Should tribe, religion, turn-by-turn, national cake be more important than merit, ability & track record in public office?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by enzony(m): 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
b1327:
dearie this is not about gej but is about changing d party "pdp" cos we all knw dey both dsame.
So vote for buhari.
Vote change
Cos am sure u don't want 2 stay in 1 spot for ever.

Which one spot?? Nigeria is moving forward. Except you're a lazy person. The economy is enlarging. Think and grow rich with Nigeria under GEJ. Stop hating.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
[url]http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Research/Files/Reports/2015/01/foresight%20africa/nigeria%20elections%20adibe.pdf[/url]

While i dont blame the Mods since the Op cited a news article as his source, Still JUST Maybe if that so called news site had stated who actually wrote this report then just maybe their attempt to claim it was made by Brookings Institution wouldnt pass huh.

Anyway theres the link to the report and IT OBVIOUSLY STATES WRITTEN BY Jideofor Adibe, Senior Lecturer, Nasarawa State University
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Riclord001(m): 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
Niwdog:
By the special grace of God

Gej wil retain that seat til 2019 before a northerner from middle belt wil take over
By d same special grace, d Brookings will vote for him to win. Nonsense
America and meddling...
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by callmenow: 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
Where are the fragile APC ANTI JONATHAN elements in the house. Start flexing. Even Chatham House in UK has stated that Jonathan will win. Yet deluded and guileless APC opposition keep screaming. Get real, guys and dolls, you have been sold a dummy. APC cannot rig it this time. Even with the missing certificate. I am wondering whether Buhari supporters went to university based on affidavits? Just a thought.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
http://sahelconsortium.com/2015/01/14/the-2015-presidential-elections-in-nigeria-the-issues-and-challenges/

While i dont blame the Mods since the Op cited a news article as his source, Still JUST Maybe if that so called news site had stated who actually wrote this report then just maybe their attempt to claim it was made by Brookings Institution wouldnt pass huh.

Anyway theres the link to the report and IT OBVIOUSLY STATES WRITTEN BY Jideofor Adibe, Senior Lecturer, Nasarawa State University
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Akpan107(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Buhari cant be President of Nigeria again.

Those guys are saying what we knew long time ago.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Skillz02(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
GMB Vs GEJ

In a sane world even Jonathan will vote Buhari & apply for scholarship to learn GOVERNANCE wink
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Wahala90: 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
“Post-election violence is therefore likely in the north if the APC loses while renewed militancy in the restive Niger Delta is likely if Jonathan does,” the report noted."

You see what Buhari has caused?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by snthesis(m): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
think tank my nyansh cool
Summary:
....d subliminal msg is clear-- sensational blackmail for tinubu to deliver the southwest or forever be labelled a sellout, whilst making the GEJ camp feel relaxed, thinking it has won the battle
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by ATMCARD2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
How i wish Jonathan will go for third term after 2019.........I promise to deliver 20,000 votes for him come failBUHARI(illiterate)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ilekeh:
The minute the western world starts telling African nations who will govern them, that's the minute we all need to be careful.

Which African nation has benefited from USA's intervention in her politics?

And I have NEVER heard of Bookings.

The tripe has absolutely nothing to do with US - just an opinion of an half-baked academic who contributes to the Institution's blogs about Africa. Brookings doesn't even deal with issues about Africa. I guess that's why no one vetted what the guy wrote. It's an American-centric that primarily deals with the US and its foreign policy.

Anyway, I think it's like the UK's Institute for Public Policy Research.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by bokohalal(m): 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
This is the fourth time PDP goons have brought this topic up. Every time they have been told that this is the opinion of one Igbo lecturer writing in the Brookings Institute Journal.
That this is still being repeated smells of desperation on their part.
We played the game as children in the school playground. Holding tight to a disputed goal and hurriedly scattering the makeshift goalposts while insisting that the other side accepts the goal or your team leaves. You leave anyhow but every member of the team knows the truth. Anyone that tries to make his different opinion heard is shouted down by the most vocal disputant

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Zuria(f): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
Would have believed the report if it were coming from Russia grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnmartus:
You are a liar

The op is lying.

Once I saw the source, I knew I had to download the report myself. I will copy and paste the REAL report here.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by bobbylegend(m): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
Goddex:

My dear, it's not by burning megabytes ranting on social media oh. . .
The APC noisemakers are loudest but this game is a lot more than that

Behold our Presidoo
[color=#006600][/color][quote][/quote]

Tell them oo! Empty Komkom nai make noise pas because e no get anytn inside

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Dexema(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
What sort of topic is this?
“APC will win,Jonathan is a fragile anti-APC setup - Brokeass.

#im not aware#
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
It's very funny that while bashing and cursing the US left, right, and center, you people are desperate enough to seek America's approval. Unfortunately, despite your word twisting and selective quoting (some of those quotes are taken from PARTS OF SENTENCES), you still can't have it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by kelvinnn(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
This Americans shld learn hw to mind their biznez
Hashtag #aproko for their head*
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by D9ty7(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Brookings or any fvcking American based newspaper or think-tank can keep making predictions of the election result while some Nairalanders can keep saying Sai Buhari, Sai GEJ or Sai their fathers. I believe a sai Buhari= 1 vote and same goes to Sai GEJ.
I was suprised to see someone arguing about Nigeria's economy and the percentage increase that made it the leading economy in africa and 26th in the world, my question is all these Sai Buhari, Sai GEJ, how many of you don clock 18yrs or age? How many of you don collect your PVC?
Lets stop decieving ourselves, no amount of Sai APC, Sai PDP or Sai kowa can make me change my mind on who I want to vote for, i.e if I want to vote. No amount of propagandas, pictures of Buhari buying arms for Nigeria or GEJ teaching kid bible in church or Osinbajo dancing story for the Gods or Sambo spearheading PDP reconcillatory train will change my mind.
I have decided on who I will vote for, you can't change my mind, even if GEJ or Buhari come to my house to campaign, I have my mind already made up.
With the above, I am also one voter, I don't know about you, but remember, social medias are faceless forums filled with kids and nothing else.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by eaglechild: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Justbright:
America is a Learner......ur eyes will soon clear....the hat read u have for buhari DAT made u toppled his govt cos he refused to do ur biddings still lingers abi.....I hope Obama has a PVC to vote?...yeye dey smell...d power to decide who wins d forth coming election is hinged on d Nigerian electorate and not some white ass Americans so pls shutbur gut and leave Nigerians to decide biko
People who support Buhari tend to sound illiterate, is there any connection?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Orikinla(m): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=18pt]THIS IS A FAKE REPORT BY BROOKINGS, SPONSORED BY LEVICK GROUP PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN PAID US$1 MILLION.
Patrick Pannett <ppannett@levick.com>,
info@levick.com,
pelwood@levick.com

THESE SMART ALECS ARE JUST WASTING THEIR TIME, BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS ARE NO LONGER THE GULLIBLE VOTERS PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOOLED IN 2011. THERE WILL CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT THIS YEAR 2015. AND THERE WILL BE NOTHING LIKE THE HALLUCINATIONS OF GEJ TILL 2019.
MARK MY WORDS.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by dollarlander: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Goddex:

My dear, it's not by burning megabytes ranting on social media oh. . .
The APC noisemakers are loudest but this game is a lot more than that

Behold our Presidoo

Had it been that J.onadaft wasn't the president and another person with good character and anti-corruption agent was in the power. The achievement made from 1999 till J.onadaft became president would have been more than 300% of the achievement quoted here. The achievement here were cumulative effects of Governance since 1999, but J.onadaft slowed than the pace it could have been greater.

So don't attribute those achievement to J.onadaft.

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
bokohalal:
This is the fourth time PDP goons have brought this topic up. Every time they have been told that this is the opinion of one Igbo lecturer writing in the Brookings Institute Journal.
That this is still being repeated smells of desperation on their part.
We played the game as children in the school playground. Holding tight to a disputed goal and hurriedly scattering the makeshift goalposts while insisting that the other side accepts the goal or your team leaves. You leave anyhow but every member of the team knows the truth. Anyone that tries to make his different opinion heard is shouted down by the most vocal disputant

Lmao...so "Jideofor" is an Igbo name? - it's all starting to make sense now. grin

Darn! A lot of naija names look similar. I actually thought "Jideofor" was a Yoruba name, tbh. Jide + Ofor (I don't know what "Ofor" is in Yoruba though, but I know "Jide" ). Now, I know better. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Man Killed As Police Shoot At Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja. Photos / Lagos State PDP Holds Rally Against Imo Supreme Court Judgement / Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.