Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

"I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje (21471 Views)

"Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by 49cents(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
aanumama:
Agbaje getting more clueless than ever. shey you be omo onile??
If he's talking about making c/o easier now, I might reason with him but reduce cost of land, sorry mr Agbaje you be mumu.
U are so right

Unless he is mis quoted

He should talk of. Making C of O acquistion cheaper , faster and and easier
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by cougar712(m): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=ollyboy009 post=30061049][/quote]
Where are the land he wants to reduce the cost? OPURO NLA
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
I need to form some yahoo guys that jimi is the new scam master.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by terefe(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
rebranded:
This one go just dey talk like person way get phd in Zoology "I will reduce cost of land".

I laugh o!
LMAO! Bikoo but please next time , attack d individual not d degree..

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Rasengan02(m): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehe... Come on mr. Agbaje, you can't do that.
It's like stabilizing oil price. How is that possible?
he doesnt need to tell omo onile to reduce der cost. lets tink vast nd play dis possible scenario.
a state aquired land selling @ #1m per plot... omo onile selling @ #3m per plot in same area.. whats d possible outcome ere? lets jst hope dey actually perform..
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by onatisi(m): 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jimi should focus on job creation policies,poverty alleviation programmes and infrastructural development policies . All these promises of free internet and so on will only make him look somehow in the eyes of serious intelligent voters .

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by MRLANNISTER(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2015

He will import land. Then he will subsidize it. cool
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by queebeediva(f): 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Very soon e go tell us say e go fences nigeria and put big gate so that we go no say his talk no get credential backup lie lie politicans
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by overlord77: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
Otunbab:
Only a foolish person would vote this man in. Free internet, free this , free that, cheap this, no more payment for that.
Who d hell would believe this?
Where in the world do they give free internet? Desperado. Very soon we will hear free taxi anyway in Lagos.

Desperado. this man's desperation sickens me. How.can you even promise such rubbish. Youths are looking for employment and other basic necessities and this one is here promising heaven on earth. Olodo
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by amokeme(f): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Otunbab:
Only a foolish person would vote this man in. Free internet, free this , free that, cheap this, no more payment for that.
Who d hell would believe this?
Where in the world do they give free internet? Desperado. Very soon we will hear free taxi anyway in Lagos.
lol.... This got me laughing...
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by libertyfather(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2015

Oga if you want our vote, garri dey there,orijin,beer,kpmomo,cat fish ,gizzard ,peper soup,cow tail, nkwobi,transport fare abeg no be land matter issue....oh sorry I talk my own oooo talk urz
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
ireke:

Bros, you started well but you did not hit the nail on the head. This man is already warning Lagosians, the rest is in their hands.

Quoting from the simple law of demand and supply like you mentioned, cost of an article will drop when their is excess supply or their is drop in demand. Since we are talking about a fixed asset with a reasonable static supply, then only reduced demand in this case would be the driving factor for a real drop or reduction in price, i.e. people are not interested in buying lands in Lagos. Is that what the man wants to turn Lagos into? Please don't try to imagine the things that will lead to zero demand for land in Lagos State. May we not see that in Jesus' name, Insha Allahu, l'ola awon to n'ile.

Funny enough it's almost like saying you will stabilize the price of crude oil in the world market.

Cheers, mate.

Funnily enough, I alluded to the bold in my second post on the thread, by citing, "boko haram axis in the North a la Somalia." Perhaps, he has diabolic plans to turn the place to a terrorist haven, cos that's the only plausible way he'll be able to achieve whatever inane tosh he posited. Then again, a lot of these Nigerian politicians are blood-suckers, and you can't put anything past them. A look at the size of Lagos vis-a-vis the population alone is enough to tell anyone that it's not possible (mere 999.6 km² for over 20 million heads and still counting) - the demand will always be high. What a m0r0n that guy is! grin

And to those alluding to C/O (certificate of occupancy), that's different from the cost of land. Maybe, it's different in Nigeria - but I doubt it.

Only the FG (or if other states can get their acts together) can initiate policies that might systematically reduce the cost of land in the state (I won't even bet on this one) - and that isn't even going to happen overnight. It will take years. However, with that, they'll have to build new cities across Nigeria, that will offer a lot of things Lagos has to offer - thus systematically depopulate the place. Err, I doubt this is going to work as well. They've been trying the same thing with London for over a decade now, and it hasn't worked - when folks leave to other parts of the UK, foreigners move in to replace them. I believe it's the same with New York as well.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by crazygod(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
It is really getting scary now the way this generation reason. The man is talking about low cost buildings that low income earners can afford. He is also talking about developing areas that have been abandoned by fashola, areas such as Mebamu along mile 2 badagry expressway. There are forests in lagos that he can clear and make land available to ready buyers. Let people learn to reason and think outside the box. Read and understand.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by olas24u(f): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:
Stark illiterate, how can you reduce the cost of a fixed asset whose price is dependent on demand vs. supply, especially when the demand outweighs the supply?

Is he going to add more land to Lagos?

Where do they pluck these m0r0ns from, for fvck sake? grin Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin

I think he meant transaction cost.Cost of Holding a land ,processes and tax fees which makes it expensive
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by dasrackhor(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
nigerianvenom:
a true man with vision.
fashola created govt for just the elite and we believe jim will correct those errors
what Vision?Reducing d cost of land is vision abi?How on earth is dat possible..Open yha eyes n see d reality staring @ u..Na dis same Jimi say if jonah no enter Nigeria go Dabaru oooo...Abegiii...Nxt topic
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
olas24u:

I think he meant transaction cost.Cost of Holding a land ,processes and tax fees which makes it expensive

Those are basically for what you do with the land after it has been purchased, not the actual value.

To the guy who cited low cost housing: how will that change anything? And wouldn't that be for low income earners, so how will that change anything? Also, how many is he going to build in a place as overpopulated as that, with more folks trooping in everyday? Don't be ridiculous!
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by olas24u(f): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:

Those are basically for what you do with the land after it has been purchased, not the actual value.

To the guy who cited low cost housing: how will that change anything? And wouldn't that be for low income earners, so how will that change anything? Also, how many is he going to build in a place as overpopulated as that, with more folks trooping in everyday? Don't be ridiculous!

Fashola can do the same if he as the access to land for free from the owners of the land.If the federal government can give zero tarrfiffs on imported building materials or produce it locally ,then the houses will come cheap
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
olas24u:

Fashola can do the same if he as the access to land for free from the owners of the land.If the federal government can give zero tarrfiffs on imported building materials or produce it locally ,then the houses will come cheap

Oh, you mean the same Fashola who stole lands from people without compensating them? - he's a thief. They all need to shut up, fix the darn state, and stop robbing the people.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by olas24u(f): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:

Oh, you mean the same Fashola who stole lands from people without compensating them? - he's a thief. They all need to shut up, fix the darn state, and stop robbing the people.

That is not true ,The leaders collect the money and dont share it amongst the rest of the owners and family.The families are normally very big
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by olas24u(f): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:

You really cracked me up ! grin It is not every politician that is a thief
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
olas24u:

That is not true ,The leaders collect the money and dont share it amongst the rest of the owners and family.The families are normally very big

Lol. I won't even get into this before folks will start telling me that I'm hating on the guy. The issue of Dangote refinery hasn't been resolved - and they cheated those disadvantaged folks. That's a story for another day.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
olas24u:

You really cracked me up ! grin It is not every politician that is a thief

Loool. That's like saying not every redneck/KKK-member is racist. Or not every hustler likes money.

Who builds more castles in the air than politicians? Houdini ain't got shyte on those mofos, and they wear that badge with pride all over the world. grin

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by pelumiakinboye1: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
aanumama:
Agbaje getting more clueless than ever. shey you be omo onile??
If he's talking about making c/o easier now, I might reason with him but reduce cost of land, sorry mr Agbaje you be mumu.
do you know the meaning of the word "clueless"? Where n Lag do U reside sef? Ok, don't answer that, One bush in Ibafo or some GRA (Government Rejected Area) U tink Lagos land is been sold out by Ur local Omo Onile in places like VI, Ikoyi, Festac, Satelite Town, Lekki or even Banana Island?? Do You know how much land in the mentioned location cost? It is not a MUST you comment on stuff you have no Idea about.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:
Stark illiterate, how can you reduce the cost of a fixed asset whose price is dependent on demand vs. supply, especially when the demand outweighs the supply?

Is he going to add more land to Lagos?

Where do they pluck these m0r0ns from, for fvck sake? grin Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaa! grin
Bwahaha... Not that he is actually an illiterate per se after looking at his credentials(as a pharmacist from the University of Ife)presented to INEC. He is telling them what typical Nigerians want to hear! It is called propaganda. Truly, most Nigerians are primitive people! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by ogene007: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nutase:
PDP for Lagos. Empty promises as usual.
If Agbaje, who has been creating wealth by successfully running his pharmacy business, under our harsh economic climate, is making empty promises, what then do we say about the bogus promises of your Buhari, who has been idle for most of his 30 years after being kicked out by IBB, except for his role in the equally wicked regime of Abacha. How do you compare both promises, especially, considering that Agbaje is a trained pharmacist with sound economic acumen to create wealth through his pharmaceutical company, while Buhari is a little more than a semi-illiterate who is promising amongst other bogus promises, to stabilize the price of crude oil. Would it not be safe to assume that you guys are just employees of the APC lies and propaganda factory, shouting yourselves hoarse, for change in Nigeria, while rejecting the same change in Lagos state, which over the past 16 years has been converted into thiefnnubu's private business organization. The day of reckoning is fast approaching for you people and your pay masters because Nigerians have seen through the hypocrisy and double standard ness APC, and will purnish them in the coming elections.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
all4naija:

Bwahaha... Not that he is actually an illiterate per se after looking at his credentials(as a pharmacist from the University of Ife)presented to INEC. He is telling them what typical Nigerians want to hear! It is called propaganda. Truly, most Nigerians are primitive people! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry

Dubya (George Bush) graduated from Yale, but that never stopped him from being a blockhead. grin And GEJ allegedly has PhD - hysterical.

But Nigerians though. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by cococandy(f): 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Actionleap:
I feel so sorry for most Nigerian youth. They are so gullible and uninformed. What Agbaje said needs no interpretation. Yes. A serious govt can reduce the cost of land. Gov. Amosu did it in Ogun state.
The cost of land is not not how much you buy the land from "Omonile" but the huge cost of perfecting your land titles. Until you perfect your land title, your house can be a bad investment. You cannot use it for collateral to secure a loan or anything of such.
The cost of C of O in Alausa for a land in the mainland is far above N2m not to talk of more than N2m you will have to cough out for Alausa boys in Lands ministry.
I won't blame most of you much. Most youths are still shamefully staying with their parents at 30yrs!
no kidding? shocked shocked shocked

Wow.
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by JayJustus(m): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
ollyboy009:

Honestly,i was taken aback when i saw this. Agbaje dosnt have good adviser atall, is this the man that wanna rule a state like lagos? Seriously he is dead on arrival.

Clueless infected nigga!

dead on arrival!!!! visa on arrival!!! I cannot handle this...hahahahahahahahahaahaha
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Azo(m): 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
datguru:
Na you go tell us how much to sell our lands? Abi you want fix price

just like buhari is going to stabilize world oil price. May God help us all in this country.

Politicians! There's none good among them, not even one.

Pls stop quoting what Buhari didnt say!! Abeg..

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by WebHostingPal: 12:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Of course it's possible to reduce the cost of land through Government grant provided that this is not a false political promise.
As a matter of fact having a kind of financial aid scheme fully backed by the Government to help reduce the cost of living will be the greatest achievement ever.

I will vote any party that can;

- reduce the cost of living
- create job opportunities
- care for and protect Nigerian citizens what ever country they are
- provide constant electricity
- curb corruption
- build new roads and bridges
- provide support for self employed
- create welfare system
- tax the richest more
- tax foreign companies
- build houses that people can conveniently pay for based on their salaries

And the list goes on.... smiley
Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by justfash50: 5:29am On Jan 24, 2015
If truly he said this he has goofed big time. A potential governor who do not no the processes of owing a land in Lagos. We don't need experimental governor , we need a governor that will continue what has been laid down and open up opportunities for more revenue to the state. He should sit up fire his aide who came up with this. I have not decided yet who to vote for.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 24, 2015
ogene007:

If Agbaje, who has been creating wealth by successfully running his pharmacy business, under our harsh economic climate, is making empty promises, what then do we say about the bogus promises of your Buhari, who has been idle for most of his 30 years after being kicked out by IBB, except for his role in the equally wicked regime of Abacha. How do you compare both promises, especially, considering that Agbaje is a trained pharmacist with sound economic acumen to create wealth through his pharmaceutical company, while Buhari is a little more than a semi-illiterate who is promising amongst other bogus promises, to stabilize the price of crude oil. Would it not be safe to assume that you guys are just employees of the APC lies and propaganda factory, shouting yourselves hoarse, for change in Nigeria, while rejecting the same change in Lagos state, which over the past 16 years has been converted into thiefnnubu's private business organization. The day of reckoning is fast approaching for you people and your pay masters because Nigerians have seen through the hypocrisy and double standard ness APC, and will purnish them in the coming elections.

Which successful pharmacy business are you talking about? If we will judge him by his pharmacy business....no sane human being would vote for him!
In Apapa that he runs his pharmacy business...his shops are the dirtiest and unfriendly shops...perpetually .lacking in stock ...even Silkem and Remedia that opened not long ago are far better run than his. His corporate office is also an eyesore in a dilapidated building.

Please don't bring his business's skill into the conversation at all...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes / Edo Election: Our Officials Rectifying Network Challenges - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.