Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

…babangida Defends Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / …babangida Defends Buhari (42693 Views)

We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger / Babangida Defends Buhari / Dele Momodu Defends Buhari's Age On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by 3Ceagle(m): 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Much as I agree with IBB on the court thing. How good is our judicial system. Which of the Generals has ever obeyed court ruling. The same court he and is other Generals used and ignored during their administrations. Nigeria is in a cross road because both ways, we will encounter rejection of election result.

On a reflective note, mind you I don't support any of GEJ or GMB. We have seen Jonathan, his strenght and weaknesses. What has GMB achieved with his people in the north so far. What social reforms has he brought to his people. We need know in details and factual what he has done to make the north a better place. How has he reached out to other regions before now. This is what supporters should research and sell to the public and not name calling. I am truelly dissappointed with shallow minded nairalanders. If this is what followership is about, I will not join ranks of any side.

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by bodsibobo(m): 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Reading IBB's allegedly discussion with Jona above just makes me the more sorry for Jonathan.

So he seriously thinks he can rubbish and dishonor people like IBB and OBJ etc whilst hiding behind the likes of Tompolo and Asari

I pray he doesn't get used as a scape goat for all the atrocities of previous and present administrations in Nigeria.

I was living and working in Ivory Coast during the Gbagbo / Quattara saga. Just the same way every one tried to advise Gbagbo - Clinton, Obama, Mandela, Mbeki, UN Chairman, OBJ, etc and he refused but chose to hide behind some rebels and thugs thinking he will rule another term. The rest is now history for him.

Has it ever occurred to any one that Topolo and Asari may be scamming Jona and actually be in constant touch with the likes of IBB and OBJ secretly? They may even vote for Buhari in the next elections if they have not run away by then. Jona has surrounded and aligned himself with the wrongest people on earth, I really feel sorry for him.

Well what's my own there? They say a word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
Etinosajay:

Smh at the bolded. So how would the Army defend the country from foreign aggression? Or u think Cameroon are happy that we have oil while they don't?
The bold part was only a figure of speech.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by porka: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
eldoradoxx:
Very well said. Under Jonathan, every institution has been politicized and destroyed just for the sake of the most incompetent man to remain in power. If army could come to the public and address the press that indeed a man could rise through the ranks to become Major General in the army at an era of strict discipline in the army, without the army having a single record of his certificate, then we are finished in this country. What army's statement portends is a disaster in this country and the first task of Buhari after his election is to clean up the army, every officer above 15 years in the army should be sent home . They have become an arm of PDP. They 're still the group of commanders under whose watch boko haram grew to what it is today and to the extent of taking 20 LGAs in Borno. Look at how DSS was destroyed by same PDP. An intelligence agency that does not know that it takes a data to be online for data to be hacked into concluded that APC was attempting to hack into INEC database of pvc and clone cards. Prof on Wednesday openly told the whole world that Marilyn ogarDSS liedcause INEC database cJegaogaINECannot possibly be hacked into. Another shame on a security agency that ought to be trusted by Nigerians.

Buhari dragged the military to his scam.

The military cleared its own name of the scam.

What is the problem in that?

The law says produce your certificate.

Buhari said his certificates were with the military.

The military said it didn't t have Buhari's certificate.

The military published a fraud that has gone on for 54 years unreported.

Buhari could not say any coherent thing to defend his lie.

Do you want the military to continue to be accomplice in the 54 year old fraud?

The lie that people have told to make a mess of Nigeria, no matter how long will be exposed one after the other.

Buhari was drafted into the military from form 6 with a letter from his principal that he would pass his school certificate exams.

He wasn't even qualified to be conscripted.

And such a liar and fraud is your lord?

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by bodsibobo(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2015
3Ceagle:
Much as I agree with IBB on the court thing. How good is our judicial system. Which of the Generals has ever obeyed court ruling. The same court he and is other Generals used and ignored during their administrations. Nigeria is in a cross road because both ways, we will encounter rejection of election result.

On a reflective note, mind you I don't support any of GEJ or GMB. We have seen Jonathan, his strenght and weaknesses. What has GMB achieved with his people in the north so far. What social reforms has he brought to his people. We need know in details and factual what he has done to make the north a better place. How has he reached out to other regions before now. This is what supporters should research and sell to the public and not name calling. I am truelly dissappointed with shallow minded nairalanders. If this is what followership is about, I will not join ranks of any side.

On what platform was he expected to do that? His 2.3 million/m salary as ex head of state (whilst the others are collecting 23million/m?

To aswer your question, let us vote him in first, see whether or not he will perform, and if he doesn't we vote him out like we have already voted GEJ out due to non perfrormance.

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Jarus:
Imagine a Femi Fani-Kayode saying on national TV that Buhari should be stripped of his his military titles and honours.

A Major General when Nigerian Army was worth its name, a GOC that had commanded all but one of Nigerian army divisons.

What an assault on military establishment.

Is this how low the politicians have brought our military establishmnent

Don't mind him. He is lucky Nwobosi didn't kill his father (remi) and him in 1966
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2015
KwoiZabo:
you guys too should stop making it a non issue. If you stop defending him we will stop too but if everybody keeps shut while we wait for the court them that's better also stop accusing GEJ of being corrupt until you provide verifiable evidence.
lwkmd.......some1 dat doesn't kno stealing is a form of corruption?.....he removed subsidy n promised refineries....whr r dey?....billions into electricity, no improvement.....state pardon to anini of my tym.....alawatever.....job scam, n d orchestrator is walkin freely amongst d very Ppl her scammed n murdered.....400000 barrels Dats always misplaced....our president said whoever is buyin dem Shuld stop....Dats DR's Nothn he can do from within......boko haram n our military r nw on same par......everyday health sector strike....dnt let me continue wit his failures.......d issue of buhari is simple...he provided a statement of result as he can't find d original cert.....u still wnt stop...nw go to court, u still wnt Ans.....wat do u want again.....go to court n make d court force him to ask Cambridge...den he wuld b punished if he's lying......n gej wuld win easily...n we wuld manage anoda 4 years of everythn called bad

3 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by sammyj: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2015
Although I am not a fan of the former President General Ibrahim Babangida, but truth be told that Politician has ridiculed the army to nothing and that is why the military is loosing the war against the insurgency (Boko Haram). Imagine how an officer will rise to the rank of General and not having minimum qualification and this was not the subject matter 3 times he contested because he was not generally accepted and popular then. Now that his has become their nightmare, this seat tight desperate corrupt administration is now disestablishing the army with politics. However, I am not too surprise with the antecedence of this government since clueless and corruption has eaten deep into it, anything goes in a nation where the C in C says stealing is not corruption openly and he is still seating as the president. Jonathan and his corrupt cohort should know that what goes around comes around and the future will judge this administration as the most corrupt and clueless government Nigeria ever had. Babangida is 100 percent right on this and I believe other leaders should also join him in this course to salvage the country from the dirty politics the clueless party and his corrupt cohort has brought on to the good people of Nigeria. God bless Nigeria God bless the peoples general and Osibanjo!!! Vote wise vote change vote GMB !!!.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 11:20am On Jan 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
The bold part was only a figure of speech.

Figure of speech or not, if he ill equips the military, we might be getting ready for another round of colonialism possibly by south africa or cameroon
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2015
Etinosajay:

Figure of speech or not, if he ill equips the military, we might be getting ready for another round of colonialism possibly by south africa or cameroon
Lol, That's not gonna happen.
Don't be an alarmist my friend. grin
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by otosa(m): 11:27am On Jan 25, 2015
PDP as the ruling party, they should do the right thing by going to court and allow court to proclaim the interpretation of the Law over the matter. Please, help me tell them to change the track to listenable song.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by onatisi(m): 11:27am On Jan 25, 2015
It is obvious that apc has run out of ideas on how to defend buhari .the only defence they now put up is that anyone that isn't satisfied should go to court. But nigerians won't go to court,because going to court will only allow buhari have a soft landing. This is a vbn(verified by nigerians) process,we will head to the polls and disgrace the pack and bunch of liars parading themselves as progressives. And this will serve as a deterrent to future political office seekers not to take nigerians for granted.

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by papaejima1: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2015
It was IBB that started the politicization of the military!
For those of you who were not around when he rulled, it was he that started the MILADs - military Administrators that saw every soldier hankering for posts and appointments at the expense of professionalism.

It was also IBB that transmuted from a head of state to a civilian president!

Military dictators are called heads of state but IBB banned being called a HOS but instead chose to be called President. So who is he deceiving?

It is simply because they have seen that the Buhari certificate debacle will expose a lot of rot in the military with regards to the lopsided recruitment in favour of the North, now it has become politicization.

What is difficult in what we are saying.
Buhari you say you have a certificate!
So where is it?

Must you require one to go to court to show you went to school?

If this is not cluelessness, I wonder what is!

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by eaglechild: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Sibabasibaba1:
Buhari politicised the military when he left the barracks because of the lure of power to stage a coup in 1983. It's funny that those criminal elements who politicised the military are now warning about the politicising the military. Buhari himself brought the military into the certificate thing. Journalists started bombarding the military with questions and they decided to answer the questions by telling us what they know about the Buhari's certificate. How is that politicising the military?
I am happy some rational people still exist.

Sometimes I wonder what makes certain Nigerians reason the way they do.

IBB and Buhari have suddenly become saints.

These are serial coupists who wanted to perpetrate themselves in power.

They stole billions and impoverished millions.

They have no moral background to say anything or be listened to on any topic.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by emoo4: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2015
I* feel sorry for theis country, i find it difficult to understand people when i read all tyhese comments. For other country, it is doing the right thing and precedence is followed, especially what has to do with qualification. Its simple, i wud not be in job if i didnt make all my certificates/ statement of results available form DAY 1(Nursery - University). In the Army, it is different. The rot in the army has just been exposed by the Civilians/ Democratic Govt of the country and a former leader of is saying, it should not be ridiculed. Its a shame!!! Most painful of it is that Civilians are supporting this claims becos there was no precedence due to the long military rule. It pains me to argue back and forth with friends over who governs, as much as we all make silly excuses on who deserves to be there, remember we are making such for the little and unborn children. IBB, OBJ past leaders for me are not invited to make derogatory statements either to the president or other aspirants. It is most unacceptable.

Strong institutions are only possible in nigeria when Nigerians(everybody) & ELECTED leaders (without GODFATHERS.... OBJ,TINUBU,ANENI,IBB, etc) work together, ,,, Two cannot work together, UNLESS they agree. Where can we strike that Agreement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by ignatusamson: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2015
Taking buhari to cut is not issue but I say that. He should not come here and deceive us because he will not deceive us the 2nd time...GEJ...I know he is not a perfect man but he will @list maintain peace in the country...I know there will be a tribal war in this country is buhari becomes the president of this county and we be in mess...God save us
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2015
eagleeye2:
Abeg all these malams should encourage Buhari to allow the Cambridge publish his result ans allow all these drama to rest.
Quota system don do us something for this country.
publish ke,did gej publish his own,don't worry,buhari wil publish it,on may 29.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by don33310(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
1stCitizen:
I am a Buhari supporter but I doff my hat for GEJ for one sole reason. Jonathan has succeeded in doing in just a few months............that which no other Nigerian leader could do in decades.

Dividing the people along ethnic and religious lines and completely reducing our military to laughing stock
very true
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by don33310(m): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
ignatusamson:
Taking buhari to cut is not issue but I say that. He should not come here and deceive us because he will not deceive us the 2nd time...GEJ...I know he is not a perfect man but he will @list maintain peace in the country...I know there will be a tribal war in this country is buhari becomes the president of this county and we be in mess...God save us
we are already in mess...Buhari will clear it ,Sai Buhari,may 29
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Movesz(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
fkaz:

If politician politicised nigeria army, nigeria may experience rwanda genocide at the end of the day..
true talk buh i think nigeria is bigger than that¿?

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by cocoduck: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sometimes i find it difficult to call my self a Nigerian Instead of us to leap with joy that a fraud that has been ongoing in the army for so many years has been uncovered we sidee the ACRAG to ridicule the man that showed us the truth about the CORRUPTION that has been going on, a lot of people on Nairaland have sold their consciences to the devil intergrity my foot

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
onatisi:
why are u guys talking like this? It is really sad seeing how shallow the thinking of nigerians are. This is not a matter of pdp or apga or lp. This is a matter of nigerians asking the man who wants to be their leader and president to show them his basic academic qualification which will prove that he is capable of leading the nation.maybe u don't know the dangers in what is happening ,if someone that is qualified becomes the head of a nation like nigeria believe it or not ur life and destiny is more or less in his hands ,his decisions will affect ur everyday movement and life .if he makes the wrong decisions ur life will go wrong . Many unqualified rulers have gone to needless wars which has left thousands dead ,many have taken the wrong economic decision which has left their countries broke. Someone that want to become our president and is promising 5k to 25million nigerians yearly which amounts to over 1trillion shows that buhari doesn't even know the nation yearly budget!! Don't u get it? Just 2days ago,jimi promised that he will make lands cheaper in lagos and everybody started criticising him saying he doesn't know anything about simple o level economics ,ok if a graduate can make such blunders imagine the serious calamitous blunders someone that doesn't even have waec will be making! This is more than pdp or apc issue .it is about the future of nigeria.

bros all these things no join, what danger? pls shed the light, buhari has been head of state befroe and i can say authoritatively this country was moving somewhere then.

our first lady has a masters degree yet she cant speak like an educated person, so hw do u beat that. certificate or no certificate, did u see the recommendation letter the college wrote to the Nigeria Government after the completion of his course, pls pls pls. I can have a phd and make terrible decisions, it more ab the person nt the certificate. so u mean if i hv a masters degree that makes we fit to rule?
It is all abt the mind and the will to change, i dont need to knw hw, i just need to get the right people and inspire them to deliver that the secret for sucess.

F\
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Beerem: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
The army was destroyed by Gowon in 1966 when he took over power on account of a coup. Ojukwu sad,if the supreme commander is dead, let the next in rank take over" The next in rank was Bgr Ogundipe. Gowon refused and took over. From that time a capt had the right to plan a coup, kill the sitting cin c and take over. It happened with Buhari and IBB. These are the people that destroyed the military.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by anonimi: 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
Etinosajay:
No wonder they call you crayon man or mr painter. Was there NDA during IBB's time?

Why are you digging for more LIES.
The Staff College for senior military officers was established in 1976.

Did Buhari ABANDON his secondary school to join the army after 1976

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by balogun12345: 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
GREETINGS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUTHORIZED SALES OF CARS(BATCH B)
CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE LINE
OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545...(+234)
NIGERIA CUSTOMS (NATIONAL AUTHORIZED CAR AUCTIONS/SALES) FOR 2014-2015
TO BUY CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE BALOGUN LINE 08092205545-WE HAVE
DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS FOR SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES.
These cars were seized by government officials at border and the
time duration given to the owners to claim their cars has elapse so
they are been sold in a give away price at very affordable prices to
place an order of your choice call the maketing department
FIRST HAND CARS FOR NATIONAL AUCTION/SALES AT AFFORDABLE
PRICES,INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD CONTACT IN CHARGE OFFICER BALOGUN ON
08092205545,WE HAVE COMPETENT DRIVERS TO MAKE DELIVERY
NATIONWIDE.MODEL/YEAR OF MANUFACTURE..........1999 t0 2014
INTERIOR..........LEATHER AND FABRIC
AC..........CHILLING FACTORY AC
WHEEL..........GOOD TYRE, ALLOY WHEEL
TO BUY,HEAD OFFICE COMMAND ZONE 1 WAREHOUSE,BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY/COTONOU/SEME BORDER AND FOR DELIVERY/SHIPPING/CLEARANCE/CONTAINERS.
NOTE-ALL CARS ARE TESTED OK, WITH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
WE HAVE DIRECT TOKUNBOR/BEGIUM/COTONOU CARS VERY CLEAN,BRAND NEW CARS,THE CARS ARE OF VARIOUS MAKES AND SPECS.
RANGING FROM JAPANESE TO AMERICAN,GERMAN,
SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES CALL SEME BORDER OFFICE NUMBERS- OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545 COMMANDANT MARKETING DEPARTMENT..
CALL FOR MORE DETAILS...PLEASE NOTE SALES CLOSING SOON THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE AUCTION MARKET NOW OPEN FOR INDIVIDUALS & DEALERS.
THEY ARE SEIZED AND IMPOUNDED CARS DUE TO ILLEGAL IMPORTATION AND LICENSING AS THE VARIOUS IMPORTERS HAVE REFUSED TO COME FOR THE CLAIMS BEFORE THE EXPIRED PERIOD.
THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE HAVE DECIDED TO SELL THEM OUT AT GIVE AWAY PRICES TO CLEAR THE SPACE IN OUR OFFICE FOR THE YEAR ALL BUYERS SHOULD
NOTE THAT BUYING OF NIGERIA AUCTION VEHICLES HAS NO COMPLICATIONS,
SINCE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WILL BE HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMERS BY THE DELIVERY
NOTE: Offer Valid While Stock Last; Money back guarantee .THANKS FOR YOUR PATRONAGE...,.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
onatisi:
It is obvious that apc has run out of ideas on how to defend buhari .the only defence they now put up is that anyone that isn't satisfied should go to court. But nigerians won't go to court,because going to court will only allow buhari have a soft landing. This is a vbn(verified by nigerians) process,we will head to the polls and disgrace the pack and bunch of liars parading themselves as progressives. And this will serve as a deterrent to future political office seekers not to take nigerians for granted.

Pls talk with fact, it wasnt apc dat advised pdp to go to court, it was the inec, check your fact b4 talkin
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by InglishTeechar(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
kastonkastrol:
for the first time i have to agree with IBB on this.........

May God bless the people's general{buhari}

modified

i kinda wonder how pdp will rig the election when the two election masters riggers{ ibb and obj } are not supporting the clueless otuoke man...

There is no way pdp can win the election in february.

And when pdp win please kindly jump into the lagoon, or better still hang yourself under a mango tree. Mumu.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Orikinla(m): 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
[size=18pt]Making Mockery of the Military Past of Gen. Muhammad Buhari is Making Mockery of the Nigerian Armed Forces

For the National Publicity Secretary of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Prof. Wale Oladipo calling General Muhammad Buhari (retd) semi-illiterate is a mockery of the Nigerian Armed Forces, because that is an insult on all the Nigerian military generals like retired Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, Abdulsalami Alhaji Abubakar, Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma and the entire Nigerian graduates of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) of their era. When President Goodluck Jonathan insults the military past of General Muhammad Buhari, he is insulting all the Nigerian Army generals and junior officers. They still have their military camaraderie, because when you offend one, you have offended all.
[/size]

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by InglishTeechar(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
keyman0007:

bros all these things no join, what danger? pls shed the light, buhari has been head of state befroe and i can say authoritatively this country was moving somewhere then.

our first lady has a masters degree yet she cant speak like an educated person, so hw do u beat that. certificate or no certificate, did u see the recommendation letter the college wrote to the Nigeria Government after the completion of his course, pls pls pls. I can have a phd and make terrible decisions, it more ab the person nt the certificate. so u mean if i hv a masters degree that makes we fit to rule?
It is all abt the mind and the will to change, i dont need to knw hw, i just need to get the right people and inspire them to deliver that the secret for sucess.

F\

Its obvious you are an illiterate. Period.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
ceejay80:

we've seen dis ur trash before
stop looking for ''LIKES''

but what he said makes alot of sense
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
MalcoImX:
Na wa oo! This is a story "they" wouldn't like to hear!
grin
dnt worry I see a time where every office holder will present original scyool sandals, school uniforms, school short nickers may be missing though.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by ignatusamson: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
I guess it's time we the youths of Nigeria will stand up and protest 4 our right....lets say no to military rule..i mean a soldier is always a soldier..no freedom of speech,no right of citizenship...stand up to ur feet and say no to APC....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Golden Dawn II: Izombe, Imo Burnt Down By Soldiers & Ebube Agu (Pics, Video) / Captured Boko Haram (ISIS) Leader Can't Pray Or Read Quran (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.