Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68109 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Ovacoma: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. If truly APC's candidate is upright and has unmatched integrity, he has no reasons to shun the debate. The righteous is as bold as lion.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kingslly(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
GMB and APC are Cowards,all they want is Power.I dont knw what they are scared because we Nigerians are all going to watch the debate,we'll all know if there's a foul play if at all there is. All they do is to castigate they Governements efforts in all aspects.NCC's actions were not politically motivated it was just NCC doing their job but APC will always shout Foul when the rules are not in their favour. Let them come and have an Issue based debate nah!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Zaha(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
illiterate gej till faibuhari go back to sch

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Estellar: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thank goodness he's boycotting the debate,save me d time and energy to listen and comprehend his english.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

This opponent?

Lmao..

He wouldn't debate D'Banj this time, instead he would debate with the candidates of the 'lesser' parties.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ogdada: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
tolexy007:
i swear if buhari no come for d debate, make he forget my vote. dat means he is clueless dan d clueless
oyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i am in this shoe , i wont .
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by aby1976(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
jars9:
How on earth would you say someone should take an uneducated 72 years old man that has been out of government for over 30 years to be his president?

Well, if you may care to know, Buhari won't rule with decrees and this time around it will be laws as entrenched in the constitution. So the era of waking up and enacting a decree is over. Looking at the people bankrolling his campaign and the party, they are a collection of aggrieved congregational congress according to Soludo. These guys are angry because, they have not being able to lay their hands on our common wealth.

Come to think of it Nigerians ,can Buhari cope with the complexities of modern leadership? We are in a situation in Nigeria where the President outsourced his responsibilities because he isn't capable and we are clamouring for someone that is even super clueless. Yes, he has no integrity........Well, time will tell. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like fighting unemployment benefit and immigration issues in the UK.

Dont believe all those propaganda they all want in on the action , them wan chop too at our detriment, for those who care to know it takes faith, understanding plus patience in the system to experience growth and to experience the growth we must avoid the path of confrontation, a bitter ,2019 would be the best time for us to evaluate ourselves and make a peaceful hitch free change ,you can't take power from the ss without confrontation because the north would be getting it through violence as Nigerians we need to let them know that violence is not the way to get power because if it's that way don't expect a stable government from pa Buhari this is democracy we either choose to move forward or remain stagnant. The world is watching us and our stupidity.

In 2011 what was GEJ's excuse not to attend a debate which this same 72 years old man together with shekariya and ribadu attended? because it wasn't nta who organized it he said that they would be biased, he later debated with himself when nta organised d one he wanted. Did heaven fall then? Please u people should think for once without iota of sentiment. Jona won d election without d debate in 2011 so shall buhari. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by slap1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
fxskye:

An escape route from GEJ trap?
The debate should only be seen as a trap if Buhari has nothing to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari is a despot. Has never played according to the rules. A tragic Katsina mauler whilst HOS. I didn't know that he was also a coward. Buhari is turning out to be like his kinsman, Umar y'adua. What a contradiction? Jonathan was accused of being cowardly, clueless, etc. Yet Buhari has run away before gunfire, screaming bias at the creative industry. So Nigerian 'Generals' are also cowards? I now understand why the 'soldiers' in North East run away at the sound of gunfire. Buhari has now been exposed as Very unprofessional, clueless, disrespectful to nigerians, misbegotten and shameless. Fellow citizens, make sure your vote counts against Buhari and APC.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
verygudbadguy:

While i prefer to be neutral btw PDP n APC, i'd like to point out to you that this is not the first time boycott is happening during the presidential debate.
As a matter of fact, President Goodluck Jonathan started it. Another point is, NTA has a reputation of being biaz and PDP friendly.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

No, Buhari started it when he boycotted BON organized debate in 2003

http://allafrica.com/stories/200303190941.html

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
FastShipping:
GREAT! I said it yesterday that Buhari MUST not take part in this ridiculous debate organized by NTA.

Thank u. d way they've been promoting d useless debate I knew there was something sinister about it. GEJ who boycotted d 2011 session is now a born-again advocate of d debate. d only time we saw d clueless one last time was in an interview wit dbanj. What a slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by rman: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
customized13:
Let him come and tell us what he has to offer, this particular election is too critical for any aspirant to avoid any form of debate.

He did in 2011 and I assume if a neutral body are the organizers, he will participate. AIT and NTA have revealed they are media house for PDP.

Will GEJ attend a presidential debate organized by TVC?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ugoezeik(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The truth of the matter is this, Buhari can't stand Patience Jonathan in a debate talk more of GEJ himself, He'll be mauled. grin Hehehehehehehehehehehehe....
An illiterate is an illiterate no matter what, I met an APC fan saying "GMB till sambo debates with osibanjo" grin, Now the guy didn't even talk about the main contender (Buhari ) because he knows What's up...

His supporters will back him on this, cause they don't want further disgrace after the "...I will stabilize oil price" incident.

IMAGINE Buhari ADDRESSING THE U.N GENERAL ASSEMBLY. **heart attack**
I jux de pity u because if apcs catch u wit wat u jux say abt their awaiting presido ur life won't remain d same again

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Maser: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
GMB is damn right! The organisers are the very people waging a campaign of calumny against him especially AIT. They want to draw him there and embarass him. They won't be fair to him at all.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Only primitive human beings would see Buhari as a presidential candidate who is qualified to lead the nation not a civilized people like me.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
GODpunishAPC:
GOD PUNISH YOU FOR THAT STATEMENT, ANUOFIA.

GODPUNISHAPC

Na u devil go punish u and ur father tiny lap...see ur ugly face.bad pickin from evil party of pdp.idiot....foolish human,with ur pistol face...,facecap jaw.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by SeverusSnape(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
ugoezeik:
I jux de pity u because if apcs catch u wit wat u jux say abt their awaiting presido ur life won't remain d same again
Let them come and meet me in Hogwarts. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
I hope this means the fight btw Sambo and Osinbajor is off?? All bets are off?!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by babsmii(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
A salutary inspection of the composition of NEGD brings into focus the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), National Television Authority (NTA), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) and the Africa Independent Television (AIT, owned by a PDP chieftain).

This alone is inculpating, i personally do not believe GEJ will not get the questions before the debate. i question the integrity of this panel. A truly independent panel should be put together comprising of university VCs, professors & journalists from private media firms, and i mean INDEPENDENT PRIVATE MEDIA FIRMS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by noordean(m): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
customized13:
Let him come and tell us what he has to offer, this particular election is too critical for any aspirant to avoid any form of debate.
and d last election was'nt critical for GEJ to av avoided d 2011 presidential debate?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

You do remember that Buhari has ruled Nigeria before right?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Shazee74: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
I av said it b4 d NEDG which is headed by sola omole MD nta, has mike omeri DG NOA, stella mbanefo DG NTDC, Raymond dopeksi,and all these AIT guys including BON, cannot conduct a credible dabate. Jonathan has been given d questions to prepare b4 d dabate
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by keyremotes(m): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=28pt]HE WILL BE BLOWN AWAY LIKE AGBAJE BLEW AMBODE AWAY AT THE CHAMBERS DEBATE.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by slap1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
fxskye:

An escape route from GEJ trap?
bjdon:
As a still undecided, I was looking forward to the debates to weigh up both men. I feel this is a very bad move from GMB. Why did he not raise his concerns all this time. It would have been far better to raise his concerns and then if they were not addressed properly he could withdraw. This makes it look like he is afraid to debate.
That's equally where I feel he went wrong! He should have suggested ways of ensuring neutrality in the debate earlier instead of chickening out at this point.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hansad: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
If old Buhari comes to the debate, can he still remember an answer to a question like: General Sir, why did you cancel Jakande's Lagos Metro Transport System?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Descartes: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

I also think the excuse though genuine is too cheap. Buhari should be ready for anything thrown at him. This is supposed to be the high point of the campaign
He is a paper General. That was why IBB overthrew him without a single shot. He is a definition of coward. I guess all boiled down to the "Certificate Scandal". OBJ and Tinubu are playing chess game on him; the duo can not be trusted. APC...It can only get messier.Once more, i laugh in Cantonese...grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by yetibabe: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Consider this a lesson in Election winning 101. This is a wise and strategic move by the APC. Buhari is currently likely to win the election, there is no need to expose himself or play into the hands of the PDP. The PDP will use the debate medium to discredit him and try to force errors in an otherwise flawless campaign. Along with the on-ground campaigning, Google Hangout meeting with the public and TV appearances by APC surrogates, all main issues have already been discussed.

As for me and my household, we have decided for the APC! #ihavedecided

Sai Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kingslly(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Actually .Buhari has nothing to say
slap1:

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by logica(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Unsurprisingly. The same arrogance with which he treated the Truth & Reconciliation Commission. Above the law and the people.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Of course, I agree with the reasons given, he shouldn't attend unless they look for a neutral body like Channels TV or others. Jona & PDP manipulating things since 1914.

I have a simple question for GEJites, can GEJ attend a debate organised by Sahara Reporters? Nna, Na political suicide be that oh!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
fxskye:

Follow his campaign trail......your inquiry would be answered
I can't do that, i have some other things to do, This debate should be sacred to him if he really has something to offer. Buhari is trying to be undemocratic and he might amplify this act If he gets power.

We have been anticipating his presence in the debate as a democratic presidential aspirant, and all he could do is to act like a dictator.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by slap1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
CityNG:
R

You do remember that Buhari has ruled Nigeria before right?
Yes. That's why I wrote "a democratic country".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

My Visit To The EFCC Carpark (photos) - Ajayiwrites / Peter Obi And Bishop Oyedepo Leaked Audio By Peoples Gazette / Rivers Lockdown: Port Harcourt Roads In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.