Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings (32240 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by lacasa: 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
GARRIx7:
Barcanista do you now see why you should have trusted in APC's strategists?

Word!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kenock: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari wants to respect his age, he doesn't want to go there and blow a wrong grammer, so they wouldn't raise the cerficicate....certificate issue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Noviolence2015: 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
It is entirely senseless for a party to think all Nigerians are silly like their dumb certificate less presidential candidate.

I will rather a president that can reach over 170 million Nigerians in one hour than a wannabe that want to smoke weed and drugs with tinubu in the name of town hall meetings.
Absolute bobbings!!!

APC decieving themselves since they made a thief and forger their presidential candidate.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Noviolence2015: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
lacasa:

Word!

Empty noise makers of a party. What is word? APC projecting tinubu' puppets to Nigerians.

Buhari has sold his soul to the same people he says he is coming in to fight...

Talk is cheap .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by delors(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
DesChyko:
Lol.. What class of elites still attend 'town hall meetings'??grin..
Even keke drivers find it outdated. Well, that's where he belongs, amongst the poorly-informed, else he'ld have been better prepared with his certificate issues amongst others.
Don't be ignorant dude, Town Hall meetings is the order if the day in the western world. One was still held this morning in TO by the minister of health, and two to follow later today. This is strategy. This is why you should expect the unexpected from the APP guys, they do the unconventional to achieve results. GEJ had the debate questions and answers already, we weren't born yesterday dude.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Sajio(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
hahahahahahahah............... How many town halls can he meet up with b4 the election?? ChannelsTv is the best where all Nigerians will b able to hear and ask questions if need b! why is this man taking us backward na?? is the presidential election a village affair.. that they will be discussing in the town hall? Imagine Obame ignoring a debate for a town hall meeting!! God save Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by GARRIx7(m): 9:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
berem:
you also think what I thought?

Too bad!

A little patience was all that was required...
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Akon419(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
I de run oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by GARRIx7(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sajio:
hahahahahahahah............... How many town halls can he meet up with b4 the election?? ChannelsTv is the best where all Nigerians will b able to hear and ask questions if need b! why is this man taking us backward na?? is the presidential election a village affair.. that they will be discussing in the town hall? Imagine Obame ignoring a debate for a town hall meeting!! God save Nigeria..

The meetings will be broadcasted on Channels and ALL Nigerians will have an opportunity to listen and watch and hear as issues relating to our well being are addressed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by maigemuu: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hope GMB and APC won't cancel the town hall meeting too. Na every plan dem dey cancel

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Sajio(m): 9:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nor b only town hall meeting... APC Ideology sha.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by NewNigeriaMind: 9:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Going by the question and answer session going on called debate, I think a town hall meeting will so it for me.

Before we forgot, gej avoided the debate in 2011, he went ahead to first debate himself and then dbanj.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by fredosky111(m): 9:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
supporters of GMB shud encourage him to cum nd debate nw,PDP av volunteered to provide an interpreter for him if he can't debate in English language...clueless Association of Past Criminals (APC)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nigeria is soo corrupt to the extent NEDG partisanship may lead them to making the countdown time to be more slower whenever is Buhari's turn to talk........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
APC is really innovative.I am impressed by this move.The govt media organs asking for sinister debates have been rendered useless.

Aside town hall meeting I suggest APC shud also go to ABU Zaria,UNilag, Nsukka,Uniben,UI and uniport to give lectures...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by MyMouth(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sajio:
How many states have channels t.v? We in JOS don't have unless u have dstv. And for states that have, where the light to watch sef?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by orinocopulse: 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Com'on guys let's say the truth!
These planned town hall meetings are fantastic and all but the DEBATES are also NECESSARY! Who says they can't do both? All Channels asked for was just one evening.

Debates help the electorate (especially the undecided) measure up candidates side by side. And that's important for our democracy.

I wish the APC would have strongly reconsidered going for these debates!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DuchessLily(f): 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ahahaha...town meeting!...na d one wey d guy sabi be dat nau

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by bewla(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
village hall meeting
town hall debate
room hall briefing o
pls sha no b with d banj pls

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by asiwajumi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
After listening to his 2 min speech campaign in each state he have reached.is nt up to 15min all2gether saying same tin.I will kill corruption,I will eradicate corruption,I will stop corruption.then I laugh I see nigeria sinking wit this politician. healthwisely this man is too slow for us.let him swear with quran that is feet. I'm neutral here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by vigasimple(m): 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
The APCheats knows that their man would be exposed for his shallowness.

ASSOCIATION OF PACKAGING CRIMINALS
ASSOCIATION OF PROPAGANDIST CRIMINALS

They are just packaging a lie semi illiterate unintelligent man to hid behind him like the cabal did to sick Yar Adua to steal the nation dry.

Any party with the like of Tinubu and Saraki can only be PROGRETHIEVES

DEBATE is different to town hall meeting. In a debate you cannot choose your questions or who get to ask you and the whole country and world can see all the candidates side by side.

Whereas in a town hall meeting, it is aanything goes, Bhuari simply plant his mole and friendly questions. Anyone that asked him serious or difficult questions will be stoned to death.

Nigeria failed since independence when semi illiterate Fulani Born to rule has been manipulating this country.

Sai Bhuari is lie Bhuari. If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still will be a pig.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
delors:

Don't be ignorant dude
Only incapacitated frustrated people resort to insults when they can't drive their points home.
Town Hall meetings is the order if the day in the western world.
Evidence of this to buttress your claim at least, especially in a typical Nigeria-like scenario.
One was still held this morning in TO by the minister of health, and two to follow later today.
I'm talking Presidential debate, you're talking Ministry of Health.
This is why you should expect the unexpected from the APP guys, they do the uncon
Yes. Like fielding an ill-prepared aspirant. That worked wonders
GEJ had the debate questions and answers already, we weren't born yesterday dude.
AIT hosted, APC cried foul play. Channels TV took over and you're screaming foul play. Scaredy cat. That's why we need educated individuals. We worked hard enough to know nothing good comes easy. We expect the worse and take the best as a plus. Well, there's always BBC Hausa with Lai Mohammed as the host if you need a petting session on TV.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Truckpusher(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bevista:
APC teaching PDP how to engage the electorate. The overhyped debate has been demystified by these progressives.

Clueless can go and attend his "arranged" debate where he regurgitates scum written to him by FFK and Indomie head Okukpe

#TeamGMB2015
As a true democrat it is in the debate ground that you can convince people with sound idea where they can watch you talk for some hours .Avoiding debates is only a cowardly and diversionary method of hiding one's ineptitude and weakness and the APC knew that your Mr Change won't sell to learned and educated Nigerians unless to fellow illiterates who yells change when they do not know that changes can be from bad to worse.With all these realities on ground the APC has avoided a debate that would have revealed your messiah for what he is.
Buhari carefully avoided this debate because he is aware that he would be battered beyond redemption.

How can you sell 'change' using an old illiterate and expired General who has lost touch with the dreams of a new century.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by cesareborgia(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
raumdeuter:
Excellent thinking. This is why I chose APC. Sensible thinking. Whats the purpose of a debate where. they just repeat the same thing and argue among themselves

Let them go and meet the people they would govern who would ask them UNEDITED questions that concerns them not moderated questions by the media

I would suggest they split Osibanjo and Buhari so they can cover more locations in the next 10 days

Lagos, Ibadan, Akure(SouthWest), Benin, Port Harcourt, Warri(SouthSouth) Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri(SouthEast), Jos, Minna, Makurdi(NorthCentral)

2 or 3 Cities in each region
What happens to the people in pokistum, laffia, awka, asaba, calabar ,uyo, ilorin, ile ife, jalingo,markudi,gboko...Are they not all Nigerians...Make buhari debate...and still try organised 'em townhall meetings...nothing spoil...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by jayymysterio: 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
kay1one:

Your iq is what I'm fascinated with! So low its hidden below tonnes of earth!
Mumu yeke!!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kaboninc(m): 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Town hall meeting is good oh. Very good. But today's own, how many of una hear GMB? Me knack my TV die...no so e give up. Even translator no dey sef...I give up.

Na so Town Hall Meetings dey be?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Truth24:
Where he can easily fool d illiterates like him
smh

Majority of Nigerians are illiterate, this is where the votes will come from. if you think an average Nigeria cares about distributive policies of the government(Foreign policy, all the projects that you can't see) you wrong.. what an average Nigerian want is Light, good roads, welfare system.. if Jonathan has done one of this things, even i myself would vote for him, regardless of boko haram...plus not everybody have TV to watch the debate, or light to watch the debate..
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Confuciusng(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
emiye:
In all sincerity, the town hall meetings makes more sense than the debates that looks like a dick measuring contest.

Town hall meetings are ok but it can never be substituted for debates in the developed countries.

Reasons:

1. You said it yourself, it's a dick measuring contest, we the people want to know the candidate with the bigger balls. Now, you could say the "general" has more cojones but he has decided to turn tail and run, twice.

2. We want to see the candidates, and compare their policies, ideas and strategies. Show me what you got that makes you a better option than the other guy.

3. We the people need to know their personal take on issues that are important to us like the economy, religion, security, state creation, the confab, resource control, etc. Yeah, they can do that at d town halls but not the same when their opponent is there, they feel relaxed in town halls.

4. You can easily spot and access how each of the candidates will perform under pressure on live TV, there is no better way to know a person's true character until they are under pressure. That is when their true character will reveal itself.

5. We want to see these guys spar intellectually, show us your are smarter than the other guy. Show us you can be creative and innovative.

6. We want to know the issues that are close to the heart of the candidates. We want to read their body language as they respond and be able to say this is what this guy truly cares about.

I could go on. So please enlighten me why this guy feels he can ignore a debate and still win. If this was the US, a candidate running away from a debate twice, that's it for that candidate. He is done and gone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by jayymysterio: 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
DesChyko:

Only incapacitated frustrated people resort to insults when they can't drive their points home.

Evidence of this to buttress your claim at least, especially in a typical Nigeria-like scenario.

I'm talking Presidential debate, you're talking Ministry of Health.

Yes. Like fielding an ill-prepared aspirant. That worked wonders

AIT hosted, APC cried foul play. Channels TV took over and you're screaming foul play. Scaredy cat. That's why we need educated individuals. We worked hard enough to know nothing good comes easy. We expect the worse and take the best as a plus. Well, there's always BBC Hausa with Lai Mohammed as the host if you need a petting session on TV.
You chanting educated individuals, educated individuals like babalawo, what has "educated individuals" in person of our president brought to this country
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by gaffig: 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
[quote author=kel4soft post=30365776][/quote]
This is what we want not deciet!! This shows how brave and ready they are.. #GMB15
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by todayboy: 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is the real definition of cowardice

Collynzo419:
This is actually a very innovative way of communicating and explaining the manifesto/ policies of the incoming administration.

This is a far better way of engaging with a sizable section of the electorate.

Sai Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 24 Key Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan In His First 100 Days / ISWAP Attacks Nigerian Army University, Biu. Kills Two Employees (Video) / Yemi Osinbajo And Late FRA Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.