Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (68266 Views)

26-Year-Old Virgin Lady Decides To Remain So Till Marriage (Photos) / 10 Reasons Why You Need To Abstain From Pre-marital Sex / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by phellycia2013(f): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Abstaining 4rm sex is nt an easy tin @ all, seriously, bt d truth is we all commit sin including me BUT wat God wants is d efforts we mk, if u mk an effort, God is going 2 gv u d grace 2 forge ahead, n when u fall in2 temptation, u acknowledge it and pick urself up. Secondly, with d way u r sounding, its like u av made up ur mind already, n u feel u jx cnt, u really can, am sure u av abstained 4rm far more important tinz, SEX is no different and am sorry if av hurt u with any of my words, am open 2 change am nt d cradle of knowledge...thanks

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by toshmann(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ontarget:
Some righteous or church people on this forum wouldn't stop pushing us to abstain from sex till marriage. They always give reasons like: It is a sin and the bible says so so and so. But they wouldn't tell us how to overcome the challenges that comes with abstaining till marriage these days. I agree that sex after marriage is the best solution to curb STDs and unwanted pregnancies but achieving such in the midst of some resisting factors appears to be an uphill task.

Apart from the sexual urges we have to deal with all through the period of abstaining we seem to forget to ask ourselves a certain question. And the question is: WHEN WILL YOU GET MARRIED AND FINALLY HAVE THAT SEX? Marriage in a country like Naija doesn't come cheap especially for the guys. The guys are expected to have a fat bank account first before thinking of marriage. Unfortunately some guys will be unlucky to get that kind of fat bank account at age 45 no matter how hard they have worked. Some ladies will clock 45 and still no signs of a husband coming close. If we must abstain from sex till marriage are we really going to abstain till old age if conditions are not favourable to get marriage? Is there a maximum limit to wait? What happens if you will never get married due to bad luck? Does it mean you will abstain from sex till death? If actually it was CERTAIN that everybody would be getting married at about 25 years old then it would make valid sense for people to wait till marriage.

Secondly, I think insisting on sex till marriage can cause another issue that most of us don't even think about. Due to the excitement of having sex for the first time and all that urge, someone who has been abstaining from sex can easily be tempted and decide to get married unprepared just to have sex to know how it feels. The outcome of this is that marriage crashes due to this unreadiness and kids will be brought to the world to suffer especially when the couple weren't financially ready. I have come across some folks here advising people to get married rather than have sex before marriage. Is it better to get married because of sex and the marriage crashes soon afterwards or is better to have PROTECTED sex before marriage and avoid the suffering a collapsed marriage? If you feel sex before marriage will take you to hell then it means everyone on this planet will end up in hell cos we are all sinning in different ways.

Contributions please.

Lol. There should be free liberty for the natural tendency of a human physical expression of the emotional passion in a psychologically established pattern known to man since the inception of time as it were.

All wetin this grammar mean be say, make una allow man pikin to de nack the thing de go jare cool
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by gemini35(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hello ladies and gentle men,if you like nairaland more than I,do press like button, nairaland sweet die, characters eeh
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by gbenga4my(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ontarget:
Some righteous or church people on this forum wouldn't stop pushing us to abstain from sex till marriage. They always give reasons like: It is a sin and the bible says so so and so. But they wouldn't tell us how to overcome the challenges that comes with abstaining till marriage these days. I agree that sex after marriage is the best solution to curb STDs and unwanted pregnancies but achieving such in the midst of some resisting factors appears to be an uphill task.

Apart from the sexual urges we have to deal with all through the period of abstaining we seem to forget to ask ourselves a certain question. And the question is: WHEN WILL YOU GET MARRIED AND FINALLY HAVE THAT SEX? Marriage in a country like Naija doesn't come cheap especially for the guys. The guys are expected to have a fat bank account first before thinking of marriage. Unfortunately some guys will be unlucky to get that kind of fat bank account at age 45 no matter how hard they have worked. Some ladies will clock 45 and still no signs of a husband coming close. If we must abstain from sex till marriage are we really going to abstain till old age if conditions are not favourable to get marriage? Is there a maximum limit to wait? What happens if you will never get married due to bad luck? Does it mean you will abstain from sex till death? If actually it was CERTAIN that everybody would be getting married at about 25 years old then it would make valid sense for people to wait till marriage.

Secondly, I think insisting on sex till marriage can cause another issue that most of us don't even think about. Due to the excitement of having sex for the first time and all that urge, someone who has been abstaining from sex can easily be tempted and decide to get married unprepared just to have sex to know how it feels. The outcome of this is that marriage crashes due to this unreadiness and kids will be brought to the world to suffer especially when the couple weren't financially ready. I have come across some folks here advising people to get married rather than have sex before marriage. Is it better to get married because of sex and the marriage crashes soon afterwards or is better to have PROTECTED sex before marriage and avoid the suffering a collapsed marriage? If you feel sex before marriage will take you to hell then it means everyone on this planet will end up in hell cos we are all sinning in different ways.

Contributions please.

Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 7:2 - Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Galatians 5:19-21 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,   (Read More...)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 6:18 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 6:13 - Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body [is] not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

1 Corinthians 5:1 - It is reported commonly [that there is] fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Mark 10:11-12 - And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.   (Read More...)

Matthew 19:9 - And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Matthew 5:27-28 - Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:   (Read More...)

2 Timothy 2:22 - Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Matthew 5:32 - But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Exodus 20:14 - Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Revelation 9:21 - Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Ephesians 5:3 - But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,   (Read More...)

4 Likes

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by eminent007(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
ireneidiva:

Number 1, if you die without having sex, so what? What kind of dumb reason is that!
Number 2, anybody that marries because of sex is still a kid.sex before marriage will definately take you to hell adn so will other things like creating this kind of thread too. Sin is sin!

Sefini[lobatan]
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by dubemivan(m): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
From centuries past people has always got issues of sex damn wrong!
Op you write up actually revealed your ignorance about sex.... Before putting up such a debate you should understood what the word SEX is all about, Who designed it and for what purpose. Sex was design by God so as to enable the male and female express and enjoy intimacy, secondly it also serve as a platform through human can replenish the Earth thereby fulfilling Gods command! Hence God gave us sex for own pleasure and His purpose. Though its normal to have sex but God restricted it only on the condition of marriage because sex is actually a union whether you accept it or not, when you sleep with a harlot you are already one with her spiritually and thats the easiest way Demons posses and transfer itself from one person to another. So my dear the urge for sex isnt a license to go about jumping into bed with opposite gender there are hidden price tag attached to it when the union is not spiritually and legally aprroved. Beware of SEX!!!
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
uzolexis:

thanks smiley smiley
uwc smiley
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by seunayantokun(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Liar and insidious agent of the king of hell. Remember you will be called to account for all you say, do, write and post one day, including this your devil-engineered post.

I avoided having until it I got married at 33 11years ago and I thank God today that I avoided it. Is there anything too big to sacrifice for my Jesus Christ and HIS Kingdom's sake?

You don't retain God and HIS fear in your thoughts any longer, and so you've become a promoter of divine law breaking. Oh! How I wish the Lord would show you mercy! Read this Bible verses:

Romans 1:24, 31 and 32
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin].
31 [They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless.
32 Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by PlutoLA(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
The truth is that most of the acts we classify as sins are sins according to man not necessarily God. As far as I'm concerned,the sin is indiscriminate sex. If the sex is with only the person you are in a relationship with I see nothing wrong with it. There are many instances of ppl who had sex without being married and they still received the favor of God. Solomon had more bitches that even Bill Gates money can afford,remember that. He was still granted the favor of God from time to time.
And even if we agree its a sin. It's a necessary one. It's better to do that one than enter a marriage and be dissatisfied and start adultery and end up divorcing. Not every man or woman is sexually perfect.
When you go to SLOT to buy phone you'll ask for a demonstration to ascertain it works. But even if it doesn't,there's warranty. No warranty on human being oh. If you gamble and it doesn't pay off,you are stuck with that person till death or else you want to commit another sin of adultery and divorcing. So you see,in the process of running from 1 sin you end up committing 2
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by janeeluv: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
AM FEELING Hot RIGHT NOW AND MY PUSSY IS SO WET~= I NEED MATURED GUYS TO ADD ME UP ON ¤ ¤ WHATSAPP WITH *(09035803809)¤¤FOR MY NUDE PIX,SEX VIDEOS,phone intimacy AND SEX CHAT¤¤ AM ONLINE NOW¤¤
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lmao! So some people will marry just to know what sex feels like cheesy cheesy

Joke of the century.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Afoskalex(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ontarget:

Contributions please.
Your assertion is as a result of your ignorance of God's demand. Abstenance from sex before marriage is dignity
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by urcutecrush(f): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
The only reason i will abstain from premarital sex is because of STD or unwanted pregnancy
Not because some bible said so.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by ikojo2(f): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
No sex b4 marriage is wat I av decided long b4 now,infact dis was wat I discussed yesterday wit a friend,when GOD gives u a pertner he makes every thing perfect even d sexual aspect,wen u bgin 2 involve urself in premarital sex dts wen u bgin 2 compare n contrass b4 u knw u av been involve wit so many already,my advice is 2 wait on d LORD,he is always perfect,no mistake,no complain.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
sex iss the sweeetest thing in life.... cool cool cool tongue tongue
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by adeniyitheprof(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
Faibuhari:
I buy your idea but are there still virgins around?

With all sincerity of heart and God being my witness this day, my DATE OF BIRTH is 3rd November, 1981 and I AM STILL A VIRGIN but by the amazing grace of the Lord who has been keeping me UNDEFILED up till today, I will get marry this year. I am not intended to be a Reverend Father but I want to have my own children by God's grace.

Here comes the real questions:

WHAT REASONS DO I HAVE THAT MADE ME TO ABSTAIN FROM PREMARITAL SEX AND HOW GOD HAS BEEN HELPING ME ALL THESE YEARS?

Apologies! When I get back home, I will possibly answer these questions.

THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD

Truth, Righteousness and Holiness are the standards God, our faithful Father in Heaven demands or requires from us.

WE NEED GOD'S GRACE DAY IN, DAY OUT in this generation of diverse perversions.

GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by shedraq1: 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
gilgal7:
FTC...
Before i buy a car i have to check the engine,the gear box is loading properly,durable on a long express ride...i hate outside runs when am committed...lol

Your dad who is the pastor of your church has been boasting that you will get married as a virgin https://www.nairaland.com/gilgal7
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by shedraq1: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
urcutecrush:
The only reason i will abstain from premarital sex is because of STD or unwanted pregnancy
Not because some bible said so.

There is condom to use
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=seedord247 post=30425463]I keep asking them the same thing... Where in the bible did they talk about premarital sex ?...

If i'm a product i need to test it and see how efficient it will work if i decided to take it home.. grin
[/quote

Its called fornication.Don't try to justify your belief.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Bambea(f): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Marriage is honourable with the bed undefiled...
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Faibuhari: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

With all sincerity of heart and God being my witness this day, my DATE OF BIRTH is 3rd November, 1981 and I AM STILL A VIRGIN but by the amazing grace of the Lord who has been keeping me up till today, I will get marry this year. I am not intended to be a Reverend Father but I want to have my own children by God's grace.

Here comes the real questions:

WHAT REASONS DO I HAVE THAT MADE ME TO ABSTAIN FROM PREMARITAL SEX AND HOW GOD HAS BEEN HELPING ME ALL THESE YEARS?

Apologies! When I get back home, I will possibly answer these questions.

THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD

Truth, Righteousness and Holiness are the standards God, our faithful Father in Heaven demands or requires from us.

WE NEED GOD'S GRACE DAY IN, DAY OUT in this generation of diverse perversions.

GOD BLESS YOU
I respect how you ve been able to hold it but if you had seen my gf you will give this your virginity second thought.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by AmaechiLinus(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Marriage is not all about waiting/ searching for a fat bank a/c. It is when u r a able to perform d marital (can b able to pay 4 d dowry) then thereafter, both of u can form fat bank a/c.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Faibuhari: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=reminiscing post=30429716][/quote] I think I was taken by your personal text, Virginity takes a lot of Courage to achieve.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Odunharry(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
raumdeuter:
Better test drive before you commit

Before we start hearing stories like my husband last just 1 minute or my wife is frigid
lol....dk himself
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Horlamaami(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
Very gud points,but i still tink abstainance is de best! Hmmmm,,,hope i had wait......lol
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Horlamaami(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
Very gud points,but i still tink abstainance is de best! Hmmmm,,,wish i had wait......lol
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Matigo: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
What is fornication that St. Paul condemns copiously in clear terms or do we pretend to be ignorant to justify our inconvenience? If fornication is not pre-marital sex then what is it. Please it is an English word- try look it up an English Dictionary not yours.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by mrpresido(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
seedord247:
I keep asking them the same thing... Where in the bible did they talk about premarital sex ?...

If i'm a product i need to test it and see how efficient it will work if i decided to take it home.. grin
my broda if you have a sister and she is being tasted just as you want to do, so sorry to say this but what if guys have being, tasting your sister just as you want to taste this sister? (perhaps she may not be “sweet“ would you continue with her or dump her?) do unto others what you want them to do to you
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by olipee(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
ireneidiva:

Number 1, if you die without having sex, so what? What kind of dumb reason is that!
Number 2, anybody that marries because of sex is still a kid.sex before marriage will definately take you to hell adn so will other things like creating this kind of thread too. Sin is sin!
Asif na u holy pass.............Judge not that ye may not be judged so d bible says. Am not condeming u dou buh u statement is not just okay.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by wisdompraise(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
ireneidiva:

God bless you!

He don't know that, he that plans for this life but take no care for eternity is Wise for a moment but a fool forever.
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by olipee(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2015
janeeluv:
AM FEELING Hot RIGHT NOW AND MY PUSSY IS SO WET~= I NEED MATURED GUYS TO ADD ME UP ON ¤ ¤ WHATSAPP WITH *(09035803809)¤¤FOR MY NUDE PIX,SEX VIDEOS,phone intimacy AND SEX CHAT¤¤ AM ONLINE NOW¤¤
Devil's incarnate
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by dtjns37(m): 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
It'd be a tragedy if u deny urself of d pleasures of life and still don't make heaven. D bottom line is to know and accept Christ.
Some pple av premarital sex and get away with it, we enjoy varying degrees of Grace. U might av been an addict, but u can still be saved. D thief on d cross was bound for hell untill d last minute.
Also, Sin can kill u b4 u get d chance to be saved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Buys Her Boyfriend A Car (Photos) / 10 Reasons Why You Need To Abstain From Pre-marital Sex / Slim Yoruba Man Lifts His Plus-Sized Edo Spouse In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.