Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? (34927 Views)

Da Fvck Is South South? Why No North North Or West West Or East East? / School Kids Referred To Buhari. As President Buhari / Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by safarigirl(f): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

I doubt if you ever did geography in school ...what sort if educated monkeys are we churning out

How many cardinal points do we have

Consult www.Google.com
the only animal around is you.

First, no, I did not do Geography, but far from it that I do not know Geography, hence I do not understand the term 'South-South ....if you couldn't give me a simple reply, then you're the d.umb phuck here

I asked a simple question that required a straightforward answer that you're OBVIOUSLY bereft of any knowledge to reply, so kindly clear road so that one who has the intellectual capacity to give me a civilised reply will do so.

Danke

14 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by tonychristopher: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:
the only animal around is you.

First, no, I did not do Geography, but far from it that I do not know Geography, hence I do not understand the term 'South-South ....if you couldn't give me a simple reply, then you're the d.umb phuck here

I asked a simple question that required a straightforward answer that you're OBVIOUSLY bereft of any knowledge to reply, so kindly clear road so that one who has the intellectual capacity to give me a civilised reply will do so.

Danke

Don't come here and display your intellectual monkeyed notion

What happened to research ..oh u use Toto to graduate

What type of a graduate are you

Not doing geography is not an excuse it shows your intellectually bereft

My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Duru1(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:
Whenever I read ceertain articles or watch adverts, movies or even doccies, I've noticed that S/South is called the east.

Even in government or commerce you find that Port Harcourt especially is referred to as the Eastern Region so certain companies with branches in PH call it the regional HQ for the East. I was watching an advert on Nigerian tourism and it was said that "Tinapa is located in the state of Cross River, Eastern Nigeria"

I just want to know why S/South and more specifically the States of Rivers, Cross river and Akwa-Ibom are called East in formal parlance and then South South/Niher Delta when revenue sharing is brought up

In a world where average intelligence matters, there is no such thing as South-south. In addition, there is no south-south in cardinal point or ordinal point formation of the world. The term, south-south, only exists in the damnable world of ninnies.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by FreeGlobe(f): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
you are a retärd, a Möron like you will not do well in anything, too slow cheesy
brainless animal. You come here to disgrace yourself over basic elementary science. You must have been busy servicing the whole boys in your kindergarten to learn that. Who is slow or doing well between us now when you don't know "south south" is a creation of Nigerian politics. Keep walking around with an empty head foolish thing! yeye thing cheesy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:
Whenever I read ceertain articles or watch adverts, movies or even doccies, I've noticed that S/South is called the east.

Even in government or commerce you find that Port Harcourt especially is referred to as the Eastern Region so certain companies with branches in PH call it the regional HQ for the East. I was watching an advert on Nigerian tourism and it was said that "Tinapa is located in the state of Cross River, Eastern Nigeria"

I just want to know why S/South and more specifically the States of Rivers, Cross river and Akwa-Ibom are called East in formal parlance and then South South/Niher Delta when revenue sharing is brought up

go study your maps as you have been told earlier in the thread.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Please look for a better map and not this politically doctored map where Borno State is geographically equal to South-west or 3 times larger than South-East.

Agbaworo is suffering from myopia embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Collynzo9: 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:

Geographically Cross River is more eastern than even Imo state can ever be.
I hope that helps.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by emiye(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
Alex Ekwueme an ibo man canvassed for 6 regions which led to the ss, sw, se, nc, ne, nw.

the eastern region depiction of ss states is defunct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
Abagworo:
If you take a look at this map you will notice the area I marked
with red line covering Akwa Ibom and Cross River States. That
area is geographicaly Southeast. Igboland could either be East
central or South central as against wrongly termed Southeast.
Niger Delta consists mainly Rivers,Bayelsa and Delta States with
small fractions of Imo and Abia States. South-South is a wrong
coinage for Southern minorities or more precisely parts of the
South outside Igbo and Yoruba area.
So in essence none of the terms used represents reality.
this map further shows the expediency needed in the creation of Gurara state for the North, Ibadan state for the West and Anioma state for the South. the SE has no need for an extra state smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Oildichotomy(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you're an illiterate. Stop mentioning me. You are only useful as a housewife
And to think you 're wise is beyond me

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
emiye:
Alex Ekwueme an ibo man canvassed for 6 regions which led to the ss, sw, se, nc, ne, nw.

the eastern region depiction of ss states is defunct.
ekwueme made the SS proud by giving them an identity cheesy when the time comes,another Igbo would make the North North proud by ceding them to Niger republic kiss
Gowon foresaw all these things that's why he declared that Nigeria is nothing without the Igbo nation grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Oildichotomy(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
Duru1:

In a world where average intelligence matters, there is no such thing as South-south. In addition, there is no south-south in cardinal point or ordinal point formation of the world. The term, south-south, only exists in the damnable world of ninnies.
What is wrong with Nigeria coining a word that best describe a territory?

Your follow-follow mentality no get part two

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:

brainless animal. You come here to disgrace yourself over basic elementary science. You must have been busy servicing the whole boys in your kindergarten to learn that. Who is slow or doing well between us now when you don't know "south south" is a creation of Nigerian politics. Keep walking around with an empty head foolish thing! yeye thing cheesy
see this bastãrd male disguising as female, you are the one exposing your ignorance and stupidity to the world, the op asked a simple question on why some people refer to some states in the south south as. East, even though south south is a Nigerian political creation, it has been recognised as a zone, to keep referring to states which have been constitutionally recognised as South South as South east is foolishness, that will amount to living in the past. I wouldn't really expect a retärded bastãrd like you to understand, flaming fagggot.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by safarigirl(f): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

Don't come here and display your intellectual monkeyed notion

What happened to research ..oh u use Toto to graduate

What type of a graduate are you

Not doing geography is not an excuse it shows your intellectually bereft

My 2 cents
the problem with illiterates of your kind is that they fail to read through anything before jumping and screaming like rabid dogs

If you bothered to read (an ability I'm beginning to think you lack), you would have read a later comment of mine where I stated that South South is geographically non-existent

I am profusely sorry for assuming that comeone with 2 English names as his moniker would be able to understand written English, now kindly vamoose, I do not particularly enjoy conversing with barbarians and/or neanderthals

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Ngwakwe: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
see this bastãrd male disguising as female, you are the one exposing your ignorance and stupidity to the world, the op asked a simple question on why some people refer to some states in the south south as. East, even though south south is a Nigerian political creation, it has become a geographical zone, to keep referring to states which have been constitutionally recognised as South South as South east is foolishness, that will amount to living in the past. I wouldn't really expect a retärded bastãrd like you to understand, flaming fagggot.

They have already answered the op's questions.

There is no cardinal point called SS, NN, WW or EE in Geography hence no location should be address as such.

With regards to Akwaibom and Cross River States being referred to Eastern Nigeria (which is not a State but a location on the map) both were called South-Eastern State while South East States of today were known as East-Central State

7 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by iconize(m): 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
see this bastãrd male disguising as female, you are the one exposing your ignorance and stupidity to the world, the op asked a simple question on why some people refer to some states in the south south as. East, even though south south is a Nigerian political creation, it has become a geographical zone, to keep referring to states which have been constitutionally recognised as South South as South east is foolishness, that will amount to living in the past. I wouldn't really expect a retärded bastãrd like you to understand, flaming fagggot.
Woman, South south is not a geographical region.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by modhream: 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
Did you say constitutionally recognized?.Where n where did that happen in the CFRN,what sections?.
Not butting in on your spat with your fellow nodcock,but that...............smh

5 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
In 1 word ibo parasites are bastard son of luciferic Jews on a fucking Yoloba site.... They sha wan claim south south oil and the pple therein as their appendages... Dirty grasshoppers..... I pray dis fucking land divide and burn for all to go in pieces but not with peace....vermins

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by tonychristopher: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:
the problem with illiterates of your kind is that they fail to read through anything before jumping and screaming like rabid dogs

If you bothered to read (an ability I'm beginning to think you lack), you would have read a later comment of mine where I stated that South South is geographically non-existent

I am profusely sorry for assuming that comeone with 2 English names as his moniker would be able to understand written English, now kindly vamoose, I do not particularly enjoy conversing with barbarians and/or neanderthals

This is the stupidity of the highest order ..I wonder what happened to education and the quality we are churning out is disturbing

Now you assume my moniker is English so I am an English and I should comprehend Your idiotic submission

What

I just can't believe this . So in your grandiose illiteracy Anthony and Christopher is an English name. I just laugh

If Anthony is an English name maybe you say that Emmanuel is an English name

Now I believe that you used Toto to graduate

These are not English names for heaven sake ..are you this daft . Can't you just Google names and their origins

Elliot is English name
Marriott English name

Not anthony not Christopher

Your education is wasted

The money used foe your education should have been used to built a brothel or whorehouse

Now never you quote me again

Rest in peace
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Joel3(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
look here everyboday.

Education.

In time past we only have the one nigeria. Then the white called it northern nigeria and southern nigeria.... that is two.

And been that there were three major ethic group in nigeria. the hausa, yoruba and ibo. So it was then breakdown into this three region.

Namely Northern nigeria, Western nigeria And eastern nigeria. This are regional government. although both western nigeria and eastern nigeria is still regarded as southern nigeria even when it was break.

so during this period nigeria practice regional government. And each region has it state police and financial control then it pay 60% tax to the center government called nigeria.

The so called south south today is all part of eastern nigeria.

During the time of oil boom, the military seized regional power and made a decree to control all resources and share allocation to region instead of collecting from region, since they learnt that some region will be rich and very powerful and some will be poor.

and which means nigeria will breakup this way so they seize all power and start breaking regions to state to divided people from coming together or planning togather.

IBB increase state from 8 to 18 then further more to 36.

During the oil boom it was billions of dollars that override all other sector with 90%. Then all attention was directed to oil.

The oil boom and too much money leeds to corruption and this destroy nigeria. They abandon all other resources or sector and focus more on stealing the oil proceed from the eastern nigeria.

They then remove regional school and police and then make it federal state and federal schools.

During the time of IBB. IBB was scared of the eastern nigeria since the money is coming from a minority group in the east..

IBB quickly break this region into 2 in tin line where the oil is and removing the Ibo tribe from it.. now called south- east. Since it cannot be could eastern nigeria anymore.

So The other part there is no other better name to call it other then south - south. Since southern nigeria already means but western and eastern nigeria as earlier explain.

Then they break the north from middle and east for selfish reasons. So that why we have north central known as middle belt. North east. Then the north.

That why we do not have north - north.

So the formal western nigeria is then called south west.

I hope this help.

If you find it useful click like.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by tonychristopher: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
cheruv:

this map further shows the expediency needed in the creation of Gurara state for the North, Ibadan state for the West and Anioma state for the South. the SE has no need for an extra state smiley

I am crying for you

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by tonychristopher: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
size38:
Those who say that are still living in the past. We have gone past that stage in life. As it is today, I see myself first as a Nigerian. Second, a Rivers and south-south man. South East is a word used during, before Naija civil war and during independence too. As it is today, am a south-south man. Am a Rivers man. Am a Nigerian. South- East are the Igbos.

What about the Igbo in rivers cross river and delta so because they are now in Niger delta they are not Igbo again

You see why I gave up on Nigerian education

The way people reason is disturbing

I know you will be ashamed of your tribe that is why you can't even call your tribe

You must be ogoni or these not visible clans in the swamp
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

I am crying for you
pls don't cry cry cry
do you need a kerchief? undecided
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by tonychristopher: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
cheruv:

pls don't cry cry cry
do you need a kerchief? undecided

Dont worry ..thank you

Dryer will do

Handky can't handle my tears for you

Lol
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
iconize:
Woman, South south is not a geographical region.
geo political zone

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Joel3(m): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
geo political zone
don't mind them.

they claim I too know.

There is not better word other than south - south.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Mckennedy: 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:

If you real study thr map of Nigeria Cross river is the east from cos the sun starts rises from Cross river before coming to Ebonyi, Abia ,imo, etc etc. Do your research. Therefore it often baffles me how a person as far as Benin with someone in cross river will be in the so called south south knowing fully well that you can not get to cross river without crossing river niger.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Mckennedy: 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:

If you real study the map of Nigeria Cross river is the real east cos the sun rises from Cross river down to Ebonyi, Abia ,imo, Igweocha (PH) etc etc. Do your research, it often baffles me atimes how a person as far as Edo Benin with someone in cross river will be in the so called south south knowing fully well that you can not get to cross river without crossing river niger .
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Abagworo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:

You are ignorant. The OP never claimed South-south is Southeast but rather said East which is geographically right. Some parts of SS are in the Eastern part of Nigeria while others are in the West. The reason for absence of true nomeclature is the position of Igboland right at the middle which makes it neither Southeast nor Southwest but Southcentral right at the middle of the area termed South-south.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
Abagworo:

You are ignorant. The OP never claimed South-south is Southeast but rather said East which is geographically right. Some parts of SS are in the Eastern part of Nigeria while others are in the West. The reason for absence of true nomeclature is the position of Igboland right at the middle which makes it neither Southeast nor Southwest but Southcentral right at the middle of the area termed South-south.
I am not interested in your igbo argument, my point is South South should not be referred to as Eastern Nigeria, it used to be peroid.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
firstEVA:
I am not interested in your igbo argument, my point is South South should not be referred to as Eastern Nigeria, it used to be peroid.
Why don't you just go Bleep yourself?? You dumb bitcb!!

18 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
mhizenugu:
Why don't you just go Bleep yourself?? You dumb bitcb!!
your mama tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Wait For Election Result – In Pictures / PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" / Ganduje: Ban Fulani Migration To The South Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.