Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,560 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? (34916 Views)

Da Fvck Is South South? Why No North North Or West West Or East East? / School Kids Referred To Buhari. As President Buhari / Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
We see something like this when someone is losing an argument
scholes0:

I see , The thing dey pain you wella.....
Your region is an enclave--- ehhya, sorry, next time pray to Chukwu Abiama to push you guyz a bit more to the south.
go ahead boy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
NaijaNaWaa:

I don't know which offends the most: your ignorant comment or the ignoramuses validating it with likes?
that's why I insist that oga seun should create a dislike button
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 10:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
cheruv:

we're taking Anioma not Delta.. sorry to disappoint you cheesy

oh really?
it is not hidden, that the igbos want the Niger Delta in their imaginary biafran country---- if you think that is untrue, explain this...
They even want as far as Warri Itsekiris/Ijaws and Ugheli.... lmao Jokers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by ikeyman00(m): 10:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
@@@@

and there is something called DNA

but black people naw una foolishness got no limit

DNA shut them down in due time

but for now blah blah continue

all hail Biafra

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
We see something like this when someone is losing an argument go ahead boy.

well, if u didnt launch personal insults, maybe we could have continued engaging each other in a civil manner.
And I was not loosing any argument- I agreed the Aniomas could be joined with the current South Eastern states, they are the only group in the current SS structure that could posibly want that- even though it still not clear they would.
- but no the rest of the Niger delta..... forget it
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Scholes007(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
let us regard Nigeria as a space...
and spaces are divided into 4 cardinal points namely
NORTH

WEST EAST

SOUTH
But bw with each cardinal point there are
NORTH

NW NE

WEST EAST

SW SE

SOUTH
so if someone regard
Akwa ibom
Cross River
Rivers
Abia
Anambra
Enugu
Ebonyi
some part of kogi and benue
There is nothing wrong unless you talking of Nigerian political zone
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
I don't engage in juvenile things ok
scholes0:

well, if didnt launch personal insults, maybe we could have continued engaging each other in a civil manner.
And I was not loosing any argument- I agreed the Aniomas could be joined with the current South astern states- but no the rest of the Niger delta.
nye m efe.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

I see , The thing dey pain you wella.....
Your region is an enclave--- ehhya, sorry, next time pray to Chukwu Abiama to push you guyz a bit more to the south.
why do we need delta when our brothers are in Anioma??
when the time comes, the western command of our army would be located at agbor in Anioma and I'd be glad to see what the Sobo,Jekri and Ijo parts of the rump delta would do about it cheesy
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Mckennedy: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
firstEVA:
Only an unenlightened person would call South South Nigeria, east.

You are the unenlightened and I will prove it, the world as a whole has 4 cardinal point see the attached therefore Nigeria SS is fake and doesn't exist in the cardinal points.

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
cheruv:

why do we need delta when our brothers are in Anioma??
when the time comes, the western command of our army would be located at agbor in Anioma and I'd be glad to see what the Sobo,Jekri and Ijo parts of the rump delta would do about it cheesy

lol..... even Agbor does not want you....
you are rejected on all sides, "South Easterner"

oh and by the way--- that time will never come....Biafra conjures sleepiness every time i hear it, maybe because it is all in dreams.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

oh really?
it is not hidden, that the igbos want the Niger Delta in their imaginary biafran country---- if you think that is untrue, explain this...
They event want as far as Warri Itsekiris/Ijaws and Ugheli.... lmao Jokers.

you're really archaic bro!
Biafra 2.0 is Igbo land

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Scholes007(m): 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
OP raised this issue because of deep rooted hatred against the Igbos who in his/her mind is east as long as Nigeria is concernedgrin grin
Don't be offended eastern Nigeria include those places you mentioned
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
cheruv:

you're really archaic bro!
Biafra 2.0 is Igbo land

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
good luck then......
maybe when you guyz decide who is and is not in this imaginary Biafra..... you can actually start talking about this state that will never come into fruition- because fact remains that without the SS minorities, any mission for Biafra will simply be an attempt to mass suicide.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

oh and by the way--- that time will never come....Biafra conjures sleepiness every time i hear it, maybe because it is all in dreams.
that's your problem bro cheesy
when the time comes, come and resist the incorporation of Anioma into the SE and watch as you'd be caught, torn limb to limb and decapitated...whoooosh shocked
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Okeikpu(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
EԀıoţ ⊙︿⊙
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Emmanuel247(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
That's because they's nothing like S-south they is only south East Simple common knowledge of geography would
tell you that Calabar is in the eastern portion of
the south of Nigeria. Common knowledge. There
is no such thing as a "south-south" on a
compass, just like "east-east", "north-north", and
"west-west" are nonsensical and nonexistent in
civilized societies. The term South-south was used by the Yorubas new2020 and co- to divide them from the Igbos because of the Oyel but did not know that every state in Igboland has Oil.

So now that u have known that its not because of the Oyel can you now come back to the East where u rightfully belong
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
cheruv:

that's your problem bro cheesy
when the time comes, come and resist the incorporation of Anioma into the SE and watch as you'd be caught, torn limb to limb and decapitated...whoooosh shocked

hahahaha...wasn't that the same way you were torn "from limb to limb" between 1967 and 1970, and you people were screaming "we surrender"...hahaha grin grin cheesy wink I laugh in Ibusa.
go and ask your grand parents or parents what really happened.

Btw: The pillaging and indiscriminate destruction by your people of the old Mid Western region and other parts of the Niger-Delta, out of desperation when they were loosing the war will never be forgotten.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Scholes007(m): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
Biafra comprised of
*die hard units which included then east central state and the old calabar block
* and saboteur units which includes rivers,delta,and some part of delta
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
Na wa for igbo pple o, after they'll say ogun, ondo, ekiti is in the East
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by iamwrong(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
firstEVA:
you are a retärd, a Möron like you will not do well in anything, too slow cheesy

Seriously! You are very wrong! !! Please take your time out to re-educate yourself. There's nothing like south south in reality. Just a political coinage. Smh!
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Emmanuel247:
That's because they's nothing like S-south they is only south East Simple common knowledge of geography would
tell you that Calabar is in the eastern portion of
the south of Nigeria. Common knowledge. There
is no such thing as a "south-south" on a
compass, just like "east-east", "north-north", and
"west-west" are nonsensical and nonexistent in
civilized societies. The term South-south was used by the Yorubas new2020 and co- to divide them from the Igbos because of the Oyel but did not know that every state in Igboland has Oil.

So now that u have known that its not because of the Oyel can you now come back to the East where u rightfully belong
must you mention yoruba, y are you guys obsessed with us, i don't get?
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
good luck then......
maybe when you guyz decide who is and is not in this imaginary Biafra..... you can actually start talking about this state that will never come into fruition- because fact remains that without the SS minorities, any mission for Biafra will simply be an attempt to mass suicide.
ujo Biafra ji ndi a grin grin
apart from the Mmoño or present day AKS,we don't ve need for any SS minority. in the biafran war of independence,Anioma provided our officers while Mmoño fought to the death together with us.so you see we've no need for other 'confused' minorities in your SS.
as per the genocide you wished on us,all we've to do is invoke the Igbo god of war grin Ekwensu to ensure that your tribes are totally wiped out..
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by agabusta: 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:
south-south is not a geographical term. Its a geopolitical term so most people are confusing geological and geopolitical terms. PH, Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom are geologically in eastern Nigeria. but it will be wrong to refer those state as southeast when classifying them geopolitically.

Edit your 'geological' to 'geographical'. I'm sure that was what u meant. Asides, the typoerror, nice post.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Deltagiant: 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

Btw: The pillaging and indiscriminate destruction by your people of the old Mid Western region and other parts of the Niger-Delta, out of desperation when they were loosing the war will never be forgotten.

I wish your false sentiments are still playing into the political mood of this generation. I wish the "conquerors" were smart enough not to put the region in the irreversible psyche they've been in the past 40 years. March 28 may be another added point of no return. Just may be.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by MayorofLagos(m): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
safarigirl:
Whenever I read ceertain articles or watch adverts, movies or even doccies, I've noticed that S/South is called the east.

Even in government or commerce you find that Port Harcourt especially is referred to as the Eastern Region so certain companies with branches in PH call it the regional HQ for the East. I was watching an advert on Nigerian tourism and it was said that "Tinapa is located in the state of Cross River, Eastern Nigeria"

I just want to know why S/South and more specifically the States of Rivers, Cross river and Akwa-Ibom are called East in formal parlance and then South South/Niher Delta when revenue sharing is brought up

Why are you troubled, you don't want to be associated with Easterners
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
cheruv:

ujo Biafra ji ndi a grin grin
apart from the Mmoño or present day AKS,we don't ve need for any SS minority. in the biafran war of independence,Anioma provided our officers while Mmoño fought to the death together with us.so you see we've no need for other 'confused' minorities in your SS.
as per the genocide you wished on us,all we've to do is invoke the Igbo god of war grin Ekwensu to ensure that your tribes are totally wiped out..

the same Ekwensu that did not you save you guyz from mass starvation right..... chai this is really getting funy now..... Olisa mmuo
Igbos and Fulanis will be the Romas/Gypsies of Nigeria in 50 years.
only difference being that one is historically migratory, while the other one has a home, but chooses not to stay there..... leave the Confused southern minorities alone, they dont know you.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

hahahaha...wasn't that the same way you were torn "from limb to limb" between 1967 and 1970, and you people were screaming "we surrender"...hahaha grin grin cheesy wink I laugh in Ibusa.
go and ask your grand parents or parents what really happened.

they told me how you guys hid in the ethiope river in fear only to come and slaughter defenseless Anioma villagers cry
so much for bravery undecided
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
Mckennedy:

You are the unenlightened and I will prove it, the world as a whole has 4 cardinal point see the attached therefore Nigeria SS is fake and doesn't exist in the cardinal points.
Edo state is South South, can you by any means call it East?

1 Like

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by Mckennedy: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

Your sleepless nights are Because you can't with stand the competition with the igbos indirectly you admit your can do without igbos.
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by scholes0(m): 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Mckennedy:

Your sleepless nights are Because you can't with stand the competition with the igbos indirectly you admit your can do without igbos.

lol....look who is talking about sleepless nights.... am I the one holding secret Biafran general meetings in the dark like withces or cult members....or worse still like cockroaches and vermin, while other Nigerians gather freely in the light of day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by cheruv: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
scholes0:

the same Ekwensu that did not you save you guyz from mass starvation right..... chai this is really getting funy now..... Olisa mmuo
Igbos and Fulanis will be the Romas/Gypsies of Nigeria in 50 years.
only difference being that one is historically migratory, while the other one has a home, but chooses not to stay there..... leave the Confused southern minorities alone, they dont know you.
no human would take what's useless to him..those minorities are useless to us.what would we be doing with people whose combined population isn't up to 20M?
Re: Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? by iconize(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
agabusta:

It is referred to as a geopolitical region! Not geographical region. Kindly take note.
You need a retinal scan. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“Underwear Bomber” Abdulmuttalab Remorseful — Father / Photos Of Modular Refinery Being Built In Delta State / Edo Election: Police Arrest Corper For Election Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.