Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? (17211 Views)

Is It Bad For A Lady Who Is About Graduating Not To Have A Boyfriend ? / I'm 18 Years Old Student And I've Sleep With Fourmen, Is It Bad PHOTOS / Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 2:53am On Dec 16, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

no, she's atarodo

ata-rodo (my partner in crime- it's a childhood joke, think little girls feeling like naija spice girls: atarodo & tatase, long story+ it's really silly) actually exists on NL but under another identity.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

ata-rodo (my partner in crime- it's a childhood joke, think little girls feeling like naija spice girls: atarodo & tatase, long story) actually exists on NL but under another identity.
Lol, I knew that. Was being sarcastic tongue wink
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 2:56am On Dec 16, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

Lol, I knew that. Was being sarcastic tongue wink

I see that now. Was a little slow on the uptake embarassed wink tongue
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

I see that now. Was a little slow on the uptake embarassed wink tongue
Since am a lil curious, do you mind telling the atarodo and tatase story?
seems funny grin grin Spice girls
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 3:11am On Dec 16, 2008
It's kind of stupid. Everyone seems to think I mean it as a synonym for "hot" as in "I'm hot" and it's not the case at all. It's kind of a joke.

Ok so this is off topic and I'll try to end with something about emotional men to make it on-topic:

When I was like in early secondary school like JS1 or 2, my best friend at the time and I thought we were so cool and original and we would be like oh we're the nigerian spice girls: Atarodo & Tatase (and she was atarodo and i was tatase) and we would waste time making posters and designing costumes (for our "Top of the Pops appearances"wink and then my brother had a video camera and we would make him film our "music videos" (and yes we had songs and choreographed dances although i don't really remember any of them. ok i'm lying i do) and "interviews." Anyway we were just really jobless in that way that 10-11 year old girls can be. I've stolen/destroyed all the tapes to prevent blackmail from my brother. And now it's one of those "remember whens" like an inside joke thing as you can see although it's not really an inside joke now anymore.

Ok to make this on point:
It's not bad for a man to be emotional if he's with the right person. i.e. someone who isn't irritated or made uncomfortable by the emotions he's showing.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by KarmaMod(f): 3:13am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

When I was like in early secondary school like JS1 or 2, my best friend at the time and I thought we were so cool and original and we would be like oh we're the nigerian spice girls: Atarodo & Tatase (and she was atarodo and i was tatase)
It's not bad for a man to be emotional if he's with the right person. i.e. someone who isn't irritated or made uncomfortable by the emotions he's showing.

Tatase, did you go to ISI? tongue
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 3:16am On Dec 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

Tatase, did you go to ISI? tongue

No. I went to a really small school in Lagos.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

It's kind of stupid. Everyone seems to think I mean it as a synonym for "hot" as in "I'm hot" and it's not the case at all. It's kind of a joke.

Ok so this is off topic and I'll try to end with something about emotional men to make it on-topic:

When I was like in early secondary school like JS1 or 2, my best friend at the time and I thought we were so cool and original and we would be like oh we're the nigerian spice girls: Atarodo & Tatase (and she was atarodo and i was tatase) and we would waste time making posters and designing costumes (for our "Top of the Pops appearances"wink and then my brother had a video camera and we would make him film our "music videos" (and yes we had songs and choreographed dances although i don't really remember any of them. ok i'm lying i do) and "interviews." Anyway we were just really jobless in that way that 10-11 year old girls can be. I've stolen/destroyed all the tapes to prevent blackmail from my brother. And now it's one of those "remember whens" like an inside joke thing as you can see although it's not really an inside joke now anymore.

Ok to make this on point:

Lol! cool cool cool cool Thanks B.T.W

Ok, I won't lie, I thought the ID was another "I am hot" shinanagan tongue
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 3:44am On Dec 16, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

Lol! cool cool cool cool Thanks B.T.W

Ok, I won't lie, I thought the ID was another "I am hot" shinanagan tongue

wink No worries. A lot of people think that too. Which is so the opposite of anything I'd say or put in my ID. I don't trust all the "hot-this" and "sexy-that" IDs. They tend not to fit well with the reality. If you're really hot its not like you need to re-affirm it in your NL ID, you know what I mean?
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

wink No worries. A lot of people think that too. Which is so the opposite of anything I'd say or put in my ID. I don't trust all the "hot-this" and "sexy-that" IDs. They tend not to fit well with the reality. If you're really hot its not like you need to re-affirm it in your NL ID, you know what I mean?
Lol, I got you wink

heheh, from now on, you're Spice Girl tongue
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Giayong(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2008
In my opinion,a man,especially a mature man, should not be very emotional,and he should control his emotion in public,some friends had even mentioned before,a man with strong emotion looks like sissy.

However,we can show our real emotion to our girl friends or wife,or our parents, children and friends who are so close to us, but just certain emotion,not too much!Why,suppose you are a man,when you are angry and your girl friend wish to comfort you,but you even roar her,yeah,that's one kind of emotion expression,but,how about her feeling?will she feel good and crave for that?
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by desthan(m): 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2008
its not right for a man to be emotional rather HE should be Rational
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by LordReed(m): 4:31am On Dec 17, 2008
Am thinking that a better word would be EXPRESSIVE. Saying a man is emotional in a guy's mind makes him think 'sissy'. I think u ladies should start saying 'I want an expressive man' instead of 'I want an emotional man'.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by genniamag: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2009
hey, i think it's bad. Well, actually i got this date. he is really great guy, good bkgrd, grad from good college, good career, and we seems have endless topic to talk to. however, he is really really emotional. there's nothing wrong with him, but i just can't go out with him anymore, i m a lil bit scared by his emotion.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by segzicres(m): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2009
a man always have emotions but he's strong enough to conceal them from the woman or discard them when they come.
but a woman doesn't know how to hide or discard them feelings which makes them look very weak, though it's good for a man to be emotional only ones in a green moon.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by gaussian(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2009
which kind yarn b dis sef? abi u no listen to Bob Marley 4 "NO WOMAN NO CRY"? I beg all bitch ass niggas u can cry a river,ocean or any other thin u can think of but as 4 me i aint showing no tears for no goddamn woman cos they ain't worth the SH#T. Even wen i kinna feel emotional i dont show it a bit and it helps me cos Em no kno wot hurts me grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by DaPhoenix(f): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2009
When he's emotional, I'm reminded that he's human and not a robot lol
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by follypimpi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2009
Funny enuff,the movie armaggedon makes me cry twice tongue tongue tongue I hope am not too emotional grin grin grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Treetop20(m): 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2009
no being a sensitive man is a good thing
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by clones666(m): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2009
im a cancerian, and part of our quality is emotions. It aint bad, bt being too emotional is bad.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Magz(m): 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
Men should never be too emotional. It is the man's job (especially the Black Man) to be the strong individual in the relationship. He must be resilient at all times.

It is a sign of weakness when a man cannot somewhat contain his Love and his Emotion when necessary. What it means is that does not have control. If he cannot maintain control of his own heart and soul, then he will not prosper in Love or in anything else.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by soulamanne(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2009
sure why not.a guy can be emotional WHEN the situatiom permits.thats all.at least he is not an iron
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by chikito1(f): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2009
Any and everybody can be emotional. Just pray never to meet predicaments higher than you. Simple.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by dani1luv: 11:08am On Feb 27, 2009
chikito1:

Any and everybody can be emotional. Just pray never to meet predicaments higher than you. Simple.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2009
@ Topic

Hells no!!

I am fucking emotional. Not too long ago I was in such a predicament that when I saw my girlfriend of over 3 years, I broke down and cried my heart out. And that was one moment in my life I will never forget.

Emotions are good as long as you know when to keep it in check and when to let it out.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Parnassuss(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
I am very emotional.
I lose my temper every given opportunity. However I don't mind seeing people suffer. But every man ought to have more control on his emotions whatever the case. I find that emotions are terrible even when directed at women. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old / Beauty Fades, Be Loyal / Nigerian Lady Shows Off Her Main "Pussy" (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.