Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? (17212 Views)

Is It Bad For A Lady Who Is About Graduating Not To Have A Boyfriend ? / I'm 18 Years Old Student And I've Sleep With Fourmen, Is It Bad PHOTOS / Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by somidot(m): 3:06am On Dec 10, 2008
being emotional is something, but ladies ask yourself, will you be with a man who lacks emotions? i think it should be there, but not too much. abi who do the emotional lady rely on if the guy don, embarassed grin grin grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by bettes(f): 3:18am On Dec 10, 2008
If a man is too emotional it makes him seem sissish.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Muza(m): 3:30am On Dec 10, 2008
a man has got to be strong
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by chika98: 3:32am On Dec 10, 2008
Muza:

a man has got to be strong

So a sensitive man isn't a "man"? Nothing wrong with a man shedding a tear or two.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Muza(m): 3:38am On Dec 10, 2008
chika98:

So a sensitive man isn't a "man"? Nothing wrong with a man shedding a tear or two.

shed tears,never!
how can a man shed tears like a woman or a baby,how? grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2008
Adam Brody:

An emotional man is a very stupid man! Women love jerks and insensitive Men! It makes them feel secure and safe. Its the Alpha Male attribute thy crave for!

In fact a little smacking here and there should make the girl fear and respect you the more!

The more you feel all broody, cool and emotional to her, the more she tries to dominate you and put you down!

OMG!! shocked shocked Dis that actually come from a brain

That a man who shows kindness and kind feelings is stupid?

That Women love people who have no regards/respect for them? That infact showing a woman disrespect gives her a feeling of security?

That the obnoxious and irritating overbearing attitude of men is what women crave for?

That physically abusing a lady makes her respect you. And of course for lady to fear her guy is a good thing?

That showing a woman you had a soul actually translates to her dominating you?

Wao!!! And I thought my slowpoke neighbour was a dunce!! tongue
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by AdamBrody1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2008
Ujujoan:

OMG!! shocked shocked this that actually come from a brain

That a man who shows kindness and kind feelings is stupid?

That Women love people who have no regards/respect for them? That infact showing a woman disrespect gives her a feeling of security?

That the obnoxious and irritating overbearing attitude of men is what women crave for?

That physically abusing a lady makes her respect you. And of course for lady to fear her guy is a good thing?

That showing a woman you had a soul actually translates to her dominating you?

Wao!!! And I thought my slowpoke neighbour was a dunce!! tongue

I am actually picturing you in place of that miss uzoma that those naval officers beat the living crap from. Its people like you that deserve to be stripped naked on the streets and whipped mercilessly for your insolence. Its just a shame that it was that miss uzoma that beared it all. Walahi if it was you, justice would have been done and i hope very soon in the nearest future, you will follow the part of that chick and get thoroughly and mercilessly whipped and i would be glad to have a video of you in your show of shame and instant humility.

Just de run your mouth de go! Like a thief in the night without you being aware, your own brushing is coming!
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2008
Adam Brody:

I am actually picturing you in place of that miss uzoma that those naval officers beat the living crap from. Its people like you that deserve to be stripped naked on the streets and whipped mercilessly for your insolence. Its just a shame that it was that miss uzoma that beared it all. Walahi if it was you, justice would have been done and i hope very soon in the nearest future, you will follow the part of that chick and get thoroughly and mercilessly whipped and i would be glad to have a video of you in your show of shame and instant humility.

Just de run your mouth de go! Like a thief in the night without you being aware, your own brushing is coming!

Hmmmn! A man that derives joy from the beating up and humiliation of a lady . . . . wao!! isnt that what we shd all be 'craving' for in a man undecided

I'll let you know when the 'craving' starts tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2008
There is absolutely nothing wrong in a man showing his emotions, especially to a woman he loves. If the woman thinks hes a sissy, and the woman wants a "strong" man, then the woman prolly doesnt deserve the guy, let them find their way. This is why some men feel the only way to get respect is by treating women like crap, and there are some low self esteem women who will not respect a man if he doesn't treat em anyhow, but thats a dysfunctional relationship anyways.
I know guys that put up this macho mask, and then go and cry on the laps of some other chick who isn't their wife or gf, so who is deceiving who?, and then guess what happens to ur marriage or relationship in the long run,
Lets all be real abeg, screw society, be your self, if u want to scream scream, if u want to be vulnerable to ur chick, do so, if she doesn't like it, move on with ur life. and get another girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by tpia: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by jibbygirl(f): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2008
it isn't bad at all. infact, it helps relationships to grow but he needs to be in control of his emotion always. grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by glorina: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2008
A friend of mine was shown a dikc by a guy who let down his trousers shocked
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Deshannel(m): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2008
glorina:

A friend of mine was shown a dikc by a guy who let down his trousers shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed cry
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by glorina: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2008
Deshannel:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed cry

that was a wrong post. ma bad
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by luxiry(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2008
that was a wrong post. ma bad what angry
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2008
I think the real issue is wat sorts of emotions (and to wat length) are permitted to be publicly shown by men cos I mean anger is an emotion but no one calls an angry man emotional.

Bursting out in tears in public mite make a man look like a weakling while shouting n bragging makes him look strong or in control all the while we are dealing with different spectrums of the emotional scale.

My opinion, a man should not become a woman becos he wants to show he has soul but he should also not deprive himself of self expression becos he wants to please society.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by MissyB1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2008
I actually think it's sexy for a man to be VERY emotional. grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
Emotions are expressed at different times but a man must learn to control his emotions. after david wept til strenght had finished, he encouraged himself in the Lord and I think that's what we men should do. you can cry but dont exceed the elastic minute when a woman who started the cry with u would start consoling you. there is a time to cry and not too and such is life cos we are emotional beings. just using crying as a guide but emotions can be expressed in other ways too.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
I agree with the person who said he should keep his emotions to the bedroom.

Sometimes we frown at things we shouldn't frown at.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by busybein: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2008
@topic

there is nothing wrong with it
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by LordReed(m): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2008
Missy B:

I actually think it's sexy for a man to be VERY emotional. grin

Awww cmon Missy I doubt u want a cry baby for a man??!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 16, 2008
There's showing emotion then there's being a cry baby. Am just hoping our men can differentiate between those two.

Who wants an impassive/aloof man? undecided
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Moonstone(f): 1:01am On Dec 16, 2008
I like emotional but strong men. Emotional in that he can tell me his feelings not emotional as in tears during Notebook o!
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by chamotex(m): 1:09am On Dec 16, 2008
It's too emotional fam
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by LRNZH(m): 1:11am On Dec 16, 2008
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 1:27am On Dec 16, 2008
Moonstone:

I like emotional but strong men. Emotional in that he can tell me his feelings not emotional as in tears during Notebook o!

I agree.

As far as the crying:

I feel bad saying someone shouldn't be able to show their emotions (or cry) just because of their gender. I think there are times when it's ok to cry but the other day I saw some men crying on Moments with Mo because of their obviously unhealthy relationships had ended and I won't lie, it made me very uncomfortable (to me it was like take it home to your mom).

But at the same time, no one wants a man that is emotionally dead and cold. I think it's nice when a guy keeps the emotions between the two of you and when its not so all the time with the grand displays of emotion that it becomes Tatase and her crying boyf. Please o guys don't take this as excuses to be shites to girls. I think a guy can be sweet without being over-emotional.

between, I don't think its sissy-ish for men to cry, i just think maybe it's not really my taste. I know girls who like boys that are emotional in this way though, so if you're a big crier take heart, there are ladies out there for you.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by chamotex(m): 1:32am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

I agree.

As far as the crying:

I feel bad saying someone shouldn't be able to show their emotions (or cry) just because of their gender. I think there are times when it's ok to cry but the other day I saw some men crying on Moments with Mo because of their obviously unhealthy relationships had ended and I won't lie, it made me very uncomfortable (to me it was like take it home to your mom).

But at the same time, no one wants a man that is emotionally dead and cold. I think it's nice when a guy keeps the emotions between the two of you and when its not so all the time with the grand displays of emotion that it becomes Tatase and her crying boyf. Please o guys don't take this as excuses to be shites to girls. I think a guy can be sweet without being over-emotional.

between, I don't think its sissy-ish for men to cry, i just think maybe it's not really my taste. I know girls who like boys that are emotional in this way though, so if you're a big crier take heart, there are ladies out there for you.

Well im not, so whats the dealy? cheesy
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by LordReed(m): 1:33am On Dec 16, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

There's showing emotion then there's being a cry baby. Am just hoping our men can differentiate between those two.

Who wants an impassive/aloof man? undecided

Oh sure there's a difference but women's understanding of 'emotional' is different from men's. Don't expect us to become like yall just so we can show we gat soul ok?

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 2:10am On Dec 16, 2008
chamotex:

Well I'm not, so whats the dealy? cheesy

are u sure? because i didn't at all mean you but that seems to be the one thing u noticed. You know it's ok if you're a big crier. I can recommend the Kleenex with aloe and lotion, really gentle on the eyes. wink cheesy

Lord_Reed:

Oh sure there's a difference but women's understanding of 'emotional' is different from men's. Don't expect us to become like yall just so we can show we gat soul ok?

I think that's fair.
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by busybein: 2:25am On Dec 16, 2008
Tatase:

I agree.

As far as the crying:

are u Top-up?
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 16, 2008
busybein:

are u Top-up?
no, she's atarodo
Re: Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? by Tatase(f): 2:48am On Dec 16, 2008
busybein:

are u Top-up?

no i'm not. She's the one who writes in really light pink, no? I think I just talk a lot. I'm trying to cut back though. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beauty Fades, Be Loyal / Nigerian Lady Shows Off Her Main "Pussy" (photos) / White Woman And A Black Man's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.