Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" (15542 Views)

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by tomakint: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I will deliberately ignore any personal attack for now, I will only respond to whatever that relates to content of this thread. God sparing our lives we shall look into the antecedents of other "Change" Agents.

For the umpteenth time, I am a card carrying member of no party but I cant't be gagged of my view.
A crate of 'Big Bottles of 1759' for you on this one........
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2015
tomakint:

Finally I escape sha... Alhamdulilahi
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by omenka(m): 10:58am On Feb 17, 2015
@ Etruth: Lol. I don't know if anyone was bought or not and have never placed a price tag on my conscience. I have deliberately refused to comment on yesterday's events despite numerous mentions in connection to it because I didn't wanna give dignity or recognition to it. To me all the noise is absolutely unwarranted. Would've have been better had everyone pretended as though nothing even happened.

#ProgressiveForLife!
#ScrewPDP!

By the way, where has my good friend Chubhie been
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by TheOtherview: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2015
Scratches the head in askance, wondering how this contrived piece of vacuous reasoning adds value to the larger debate.

At what point was Baba OBJ appointed a Navigator of the "APC Ship of Change"? I must have missed that one.
Couldn't OP have stated his case, and directed as much bile as his heart desired at his chosen figure of contempt, without reaching for the realm of phantasm?

What sort of reetarded analysis is this?
Have you told us anything that hitherto was not common knowledge about the omnipresent, self-serving ogre called Obasanjo?

From what I see; if there is any commentator who truly personifies the complete abandonment of 'cherished' principles, it is OP.
The face of generation 'X' for who no bridge is considered too far, in the quest to immolate self and achieve infamy. grin

Ah well, it is a story foretold - the 'cancer of duplicity'.

4 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by MizMyColi(f): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2015
Obiagelli:

Smallie but mighty, Lol. Have a wonderful week sis.
gringrin
Thanks
You too.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by BrokenTV: 11:14am On Feb 17, 2015
I hav been following this thread silently, still trying to come to terms with Barcanista leaving the camp of APC, one thing that can not be taken out of Barcanista is that he is a good writer and a smart guy. Barcanista leaving APC is the best thing to happen to him as they have turned him to something else with their irrational exccesive violent respond against topic that is against the interest of their general Buhari, Barcanista welcome abord as you have decided to stand with the truth. APC is not what they are trying to make us believe they.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by BrokenTV: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2015
Berem i can see that you can't come to term with him leaving the camp of Apc, be ready to be label a mole when you decided to leave their camp.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:

Are you a muslim?
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Shirley07: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2015
From someone who thinks sahara reporters are publishing cheap propaganda and would sit out to see how things pans out rather than believe them but has no difficulty swallowing Obj jumping ship assumption.
If you think people would take a double mouthed fellow like you serious, you're obviously dreaming.
The faster you search for the source of your problem, the better for you 'cos no one here is it.

4 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by onatisi(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2015
tomakint:

broda mi, believe me I have been telling barcanista that he is too intelligent and sensible to be among apc supporters. Most of them hardly have anything tangible upstairs. It is good that people are beginning to see what many of us have been saying all along. How can someone who is surrounded by hardened criminals and looters be the change ppl are clamoring for? This is just basic simple common sense analysis that even a 5years old girl can answer. Amaechi,audu ogbe,gemade,segun oni,oyinlola ,tinubu just to mention a minute few in a political party and ppl think these set of rogues have anything positive to offer other than loot the nation dry.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by ilori1930(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Dude, the topic is - Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change"

Kindly stick to topic, thank you.
Even when the topic is clearly misleading?
The Op errorneously married OBJ to APC merely because He jettisoned his membership of the PDP.

The Op has also avoided a debate challenge by OEPHIUS but very quick to respond to personal attacks on him by some nlders. It seems he is more interested in responding to attacks than discussing issues.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Chubhie: 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:

#ProgressiveForLife!
#ScrewPDP!

By the way, where has my good friend Chubhie been
Heads underwater but, I'm breathing fine. I'm probably getting too old to keep up with young vibrant youths who doggedly defend party loyalty. I'm thinking after the elections the Neutrals may yet find a voice. Your loyalty to GMB in the mist of the storm without flinching is legendary.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by omenka(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chubhie:
Heads underwater but, I'm breathing fine. I'm probably getting too old to keep up with young vibrant youths who doggedly defend party loyalty. I'm thinking after the elections the Neutrals may yet find a voice. Your loyalty to GMB in the mist of the storm without flinching is legendary.
Always a pleasure seeing your inputs in the midst of such an avalanche of posts inspired by sheer naivety. You are one of the few persons I truly respect and admire around here. We remain dogged but not fanatical in our pursuit. Victory is within sight already. No turning back.

2 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
ilori1930:

Even when the topic is clearly misleading?
The Op errorneously married OBJ to APC merely because He put away his membership of the PDP.

The Op has also avoided a debate challenge by OEPHIUS but very quick to respond to personal attacks on him by some nlders. It seems he is more interested in responding to attacks than discussing issues.

Just in case you were living in Mars in 2013;

APC recruits Obasanjo as navigator December 22, 2013 By -http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Chubhie: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
Always a pleasure seeing your inputs in the midst of such an avalanche of posts inspired by sheer naivety. You are one of the few persons I truly respect and admire around here. We remain dogged but not fanatical in our pursuit. Victory is within sight already. No turning back.
You are kind with your words Don omenka. I feel your Vibe.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nigerians shuold shine their eyes!
When you see a gang of up mischievous retired generals and political jobbers shouting "change", run for your life.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by rafeelly(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If Barcanister could say he is not a member of any political party and doesn't hold any pary's card, why should he try to infer that Obasanjo is a member of the APC because of his recent action against the PDP. There is no logic in Barcanister's argument. Recent happenings here and causality show that his emotion is at play. I advised him to take a break. But with the look of things, the situation can't be redeemed. He has bastardizèd his image. "Epa o gboro mo."

100000 likes for this post... I was waiting for someone to spot this... barcanista I remembered ur debate with datolee.. u presented figures from obasanjo's regime against Jonathan's own.. u presented him a saint just to prove to datolee Jonathan is clueless...

what exactly has changed from those figures and facts

I saw ur thread telling us why u support buhari as president..I laughed so hard..

how is it going to become d president when u think pple working with him are corrupt.. u stated in ur thread that when he gets there he can't be influenced

nothing has change in d last few days.. it's not today obj started criticising Jonathan, after all he wrote a book and letters...
my point is obj leaving PDP as never been about navigating APC..

I knw u are intelligent and u should be able to figure out that u are losing it very fast...take a break and get ur acts together..

I don't av a problem whether u remain a progressive or u decamped..

its either u are for Jonathan or buhari. stop telling us APC is a party of fraud and still supports their candidate.

6 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
dridowu:
[size=20pt]Obasanjo My Personal Person. I gbadun this Obj as a politician, whoever does not not like him na e own palaver b dt. The last time i check Op is emtitled to one vote, likewise GEJ, OBJ, me and the rest of Nigerians, so i careless about the op side, the most important thing to me is that
#ihavedecided
#SaiBuhari
I am voting GMB/PYO
I am Voting Akinwunmi Ambode
I am voting Senator Oluremi Tinubu
I am voting Hon Dolapo Badru
I am voting Hakeem Masha
So shall it be Insha Allahu/In Jesus Name
Ebora Owu keep the good job[/size]

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Change2015(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
dunkem21:

..For the umpteeneth time, are you sure you are not lai Mohammed?

You sound so pained, bro. The APC made a mistake of not putting barcanista in their strategy team. I know he has made some killer recommendations that would have left the PDP gasping for breath if implemented. One of them is encouraging Buhari and the APC to honour the debate.

For me, the APC needs one barcanista over a thousand OBJ's and they should triple whatever offer they think he got to get him back. ..at times, sheer conscience and genuine patriotism supersedes material gains.

The moment of truth is here; lets chart a new course for the Nigeria of our dreams.

Sai 'nista.

Don't be ridiculous! The only thing that would 'pain' me is if Obasanjo was accepted into the APC. Thankfully we have no reason to fear that. He does not share our core beliefs.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by ilori1930(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Just in case you were living in Mars in 2013;

APC recruits Obasanjo as navigator December 22, 2013 By -http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com
Hiohiohio grin
I thought you would post a link where I would read the story of how he became the ship navigator. What I read did not substantiate your claim.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by PhockPhockMan: 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
At least no one will have the moral right to say "PDP has wrecked Nigeria For 15years" because the Man that spent 8years, his Vice Atiku, His House of Reps Speaker Aminu Mansari and Majority of the Governors as at then are happily in APC. I feel bad for Buhari though, but life must go on. They say Goodluck practice 16>19, but under Obasanjo the APC Navigator there was 5>19. #Insincerity
Hmmmmm.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by aresa: 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

My friend, can we face the topic for once? How does your post relate with the topic? Are the facts highlighted by the op true or false? Hypocrites!

The fact that you and your kind think all the garbage you people peddle all over the place equals facts doesn't mean they are facts to the rest of the world...

.....and even if they are facts in your world, Nigerians are not buying it hence Jonascam losing people, support and goodwill across the board... I'm not asking you people to stop simply because your endless garbage equals our growing success...

#GMB#2015
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by tomakint: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
onatisi:
broda mi, believe me I have been telling barcanista that he is sensible to be among apc supporters. Most of them hardly have anything tangible upstairs. It is good that people are beginning to see what many of us have been saying all along. How can someone who is surrounded by hardened criminals and looters be the change ppl are clamoring for? This is just basic simple common sense analysis that even a 5years old girl can answer
That guy is coming home!
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by tomakint: 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
.....here you are, manage this cold one first cheesy

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by onatisi(m): 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
tomakint:

That guy is coming home!
it is a good thing he has realized that it isn't befitting for someone of his intellect and talent to be among online thugs and hooligans who derive pleasure in celebrating looters.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Evathyst(f): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I hold nothing against anyone and I never attacked anyone on this thread because of the past. I vigorously campaigned for Buhari here only to realise that the Change we seek seem far and look like a desperate attempt when looking at the people leading the charge. I actually never expected it and in my usual manner i voiced some of my discontent which some other people interpret the way they want to. Anyway, I won't want to go into all that, I will continue to post accurate and factual information from both sides, let people be the judge themselves. I will no longer do a one-way thing. I hope those looking up to me understand
ur case of u-turn is a classic one of politics without ideology. Hence, u wouldn't come here supporting ur kinsman just because OBJ has turned his back at him.

The same thing dt worked for GEJ in 2011 is wat is working for Buhari presently. Pple are voting for Buhari and not APC. It's only insanity that makes a person do the same thing and expect a different result, if GEJ has failed us, must we fail ourselves by voting him again?

Abeg shove dt ur self-serving propaganda inside ur as*. It's Buhari dt is contesting not OBJ.

With or without barcanista, Nairaland progressives live on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by OEPHIUS(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2015
OEPHIUS:
The OP wants to do issue based discussions, please lets do that.

OBJ is not a saint, far from it. The guy is the last thing to a saint that anyone would expect but people forget one thing and that is that politics is a game of numbers and ability of people to increase those numbers is very important of you will be taken seriously.

I see his write up on President Obasanjo and smile. You think everyone else does npt Know OBJ is an arsehole who nobody likes? You really believe that we will rather chase OBJ than better issues no but he has one vote and his one vote can also influence others to come in his direction.

One thing is certain, OBJ has no electoral value in Ogun state or the Ogun/Lagos axis but he is important because of his structures and nothing else.

A lot of people might wonder why he has become a sort of golden fleece forgeting that in the South West, OBJ has a well structured political machinery that either side wants. No one cares if OBJ votes KOWA or decides to tear his own voter card, just the machinery and this is what it is about.

Please do not make this about APC alone because the APC one turned to him for support and when they asked him to "Steer them" it is evidence that they want this structure. The PDP on the other hand which you have (not) surprising fail to mention in this have actually sent men to beg OBJ to stay. Both parties want him there even if he does not join your train but to be seen to lean to you.

The lot of people here might not understand these electoral structures (please these are not rigging machineries) but a chain of old friends and politicians that also have influences over their own sphere.

As I opened with, OBJ has no direct electoral values and not a saint bit indirectly, his value is platinum. Instead of making this about APC, make this about both the PDP and APC. The game changer in the coming election in the south west, both parties want all those structures and the PDP losing President Obasanjo's structure is a huge blow to any party as even though he does not give the APC that structure, the fact that the members know their principal is not in the PDP means they are not obligated to work or ask their people to vote PDP. That is politics.

You think hanging out with President Obasanjo is something the APC likes? nah...it is all about building up the numbers
Of course @barcanista ignored this post.

Now there is a thread on hime page where one of the chief campaign managers of the PDP and also a sitting governor said they will go bed Obasanjo. what will he say about that?

Nigerians are funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by rabimlomo: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2015
jaybee3:

I don't guage my acceptance on perception since most Nigerians are only in it for their own gain.
The measurable indicators of GEJ's presidency points to failure. How many chance does he want?

It's actually better not to vote any candidate and in turn force a coalition just so these people know mediocre performance is not going to be accepted henceforth

Exactly!
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2015
In your rise to power, you will come across many breeds of opponent, sucker and victim. The highest form of the art of power is the ability to distinguish the wolves from the lambs, the foxes from the hares and the hawks from the vultures.

Barcanista, Y did you sell your conscience for bread & butter?

Just like in the case of FFK; to say that I'm super disappointed is an understatement.
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by nellyjohn: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2015
OBJ is a big monkey. Am sure he left PDP because he was not able to control GEJ into doing what he wants him to do. He can go ahead and join Buhari (patners in crime) who he used when he made him in charge of petroleums.

GEJ till 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Will Never Buy Votes In Any Election-pdp To APC / Security: Ekiti Govt Presents Cash Gift To Slain Soldier’s Widow / MURIC: Tinubu Is Best Muslim Presidential Candidate In 2023, Others Will Lose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.