Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" (15468 Views)

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by dunkem21(m): 5:00am On Feb 17, 2015
Change2015:

Now will he ever be! Even according to Obasanjo. Yet he will always be able to generate headlines, which is why the APC has been engaging with him. As far as I know he makes no contribution to APC policy formulation or strategy but we must give him his due, he has wounded the pdp in a manner that is sure to benefit us. And that is enough.

#change
#GMB
#APC

..For the umpteeneth time, are you sure you are not lai Mohammed?

You sound so pained, bro. The APC made a mistake of not putting barcanista in their strategy team. I know he has made some killer recommendations that would have left the PDP gasping for breath if implemented. One of them is encouraging Buhari and the APC to honour the debate.

For me, the APC needs one barcanista over a thousand OBJ's and they should triple whatever offer they think he got to get him back. ..at times, sheer conscience and genuine patriotism supersedes material gains.

The moment of truth is here; lets chart a new course for the Nigeria of our dreams.

Sai 'nista.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Arysexy(m): 5:18am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I will deliberately ignore any personal attack for now, I will only respond to whatever that relates to content of this thread. God sparing our lives we shall look into the antecedents of other "Change" Agents.

For the umpteenth time, I am a card carrying member of no party but I cant't be gagged of my view.

God bless u for refusing to be gagged into defending apc's unfortunate propaganda and refusing to be intimidated.

U can see above, all the vitriol on ur person by the same people u yoked with all along simply because u decided to stand by d truth.

The truth is that He who kills with d sword is always wary when a common blunt knife nears him.

Obasanjo is now d moral barometer apc members use to measure GEJ 's success, How low can people descend just to grab power.

I leave them to wallow in self delusion

12 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Arysexy(m): 5:24am On Feb 17, 2015
[s]
MyMouth:
For the 1st time, am really really disappointed in somebody on nairaland, the op was someone I admired in for long due to his views, I always read his posts no matter how long or boring, when the issue of him being bought over came up yesterday, I could not believe it, I stood on the sideline and watched to see what would happen, unfortunately, it has finally done on me that the guy I thought could not be bought over has since "collected" or in the process of " collecting". Now, I believe the op is entitled to he opinion but why the propaganda? Obj said he no longer want to be a politician but a stateman, u run to Nairaland with sleep for your eyes to tell us he is Apc's navigator, when did he pick the APC membership card? Chei!!! Money indeed is the root of all evils!
[/s]

Shut ur trap!

Obj is just being a chameleon

Was it not same obj that endorsed buhari, welcomed them in his abeokuta home, But sneaked out when the president visited?

U people can never accept truth But u have d gut to even attack a neutral like barcanista.

Now u are already alluding his change of political leaning to money, But when He was attacking pdp and even his brother GEJ, u were all hailing him cos He was doing ur selfish bidding.

Shame on u intolerant lots

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 17, 2015
[s]
Arysexy:

Shut ur trap!

Obj is just being a chameleon

Was it not same obj that endorsed buhari, welcomed them in his abeokuta home, But sneaked out when the president visited?

U people can never accept truth But u have d gut to even attack a neutral like barcanista.

Now u are already alluding his change of political leaning to money, But when He was attacking pdp and even his brother GEJ, u were all hailing him cos He was doing ur selfish bidding.

Shame on u intolerant lots
[/s]

Trash.

7 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 17, 2015
aresa:
This is all you people know how to do, sadly, this endless attack and assassination of character is doing more damage than good and Jonascam is the dumb beneficiary of your rubbish...

Abeg keep up the good work...
My friend, can we face the topic for once? How does your post relate with the topic? Are the facts highlighted by the op true or false? Hypocrites!

16 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Jesusloveyou: 5:31am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I will deliberately ignore any personal attack for now, I will only respond to whatever that relates to content of this thread. God sparing our lives we shall look into the antecedents of other "Change" Agents.

For the umpteenth time, I am a card carrying member of no party but I cant't be gagged of my view.
by d time u see ur view of interim govt.to be wrong,when u see very thing said come to pass,starting from today when senate resume,chai u wil now change ur mind to be agent of change.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Arysexy(m): 5:32am On Feb 17, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

Trash.

Apc robot.

I thought change is ur mantra, Why are u against opinion change?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 17, 2015
[s]
Sincere9gerian:

APC e-warriors with their diversionary tricks. Face the topic pls.
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 17, 2015
[[s]quote author=Arysexy post=30803425]

Apc robot.

I thought change is ur mantra, Why are u against opinion change? [/quote][/s]

1 Like

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by koboko69: 5:38am On Feb 17, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

APC e-warriors with their diversionary tricks. Face the topic pls.

bro..did you go on sabbatical leave or you were in hibernation considering the fact that with all your had labour you could not even win smll NL for your paymaster. You know PDP is a sinking ship, and you going down with it grin. Now that you have another FFK to work with, lets see how much more you guys can pull the straw. Nna, just 4 weeks and some days more. grin

10 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Jesusloveyou: 5:39am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
At least no one will have the moral right to say "PDP has wrecked Nigeria For 15years" because the Man that spent 8years, his Vice Atiku, His House of Reps Speaker Aminu Mansari and Majority of the Governors as at then are happily in APC. I feel bad for Buhari though, but life must go on. They say Goodluck practice 16>19, but under Obasanjo the APC Navigator there was 5>19. #Insincerity
d evil in pdp is not done by obj alone,'mr fix it' is there,that is why 16>19,ekiti 5>19,

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by trillville(m): 5:41am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I hold nothing against anyone and I never attacked anyone on this thread because of the past. I vigorously campaigned for Buhari here only to realise that the Change we seek seem far and look like a desperate attempt when looking at the people leading the charge. I actually never expected it and in my usual manner i voiced some of my discontent which some other people interpret the way they want to. Anyway, I won't want to go into all that, I will continue to post accurate and factual information from both sides, let people be the judge themselves. I will no longer do a one-way thing. I hope those looking up to me understand

Every "APC" member insulting u, is a big idiot. When u where talking on their side, where you being paid by APC then?

if truly you are from bayelsa state, I must tell you that I am proud to call you a true Nigerian whose loyalty is to nigeria first before any tribe.

Most of this APC people are only in APC because of tribal reasons, but do not let this fact becloud ur judgement and make u do the Devils bidding.

Nigeria needs two parties. That is the bottom line. As much as I dislike Tinubu, if Buhari wins this election, Tinubu will go down in history as one of the greatest Nigerians ever and truly the father of democracy in nigeria for creating a second national party.

This election, this moment is one we should not take for granted. We may never be in a situation like this again.

If we have two parties, the rate of development will be so much faster because of competition between the two parties. There will also be checks and balances, ensuring that political corruption is reduced. Again i will say to you, since you decided to pick a side initially, stay faithful to ur choice to avoid leading ur followers blindly.

6 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 17, 2015
I know it wasn't for the reasons you stated......but I still decided to give you the benefit of doubt.

I know why you did this.....100% sure but it not in my xter to go to town.

You and I know perfectly why you switched sides......you don't need to bother to come and explain anything to me....

I wish you good luck.

10 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 17, 2015
These Tinubu attack dogs never change. They have made this thread all about the op, thereby leaving the substance and chasing shadows as usual.

This is all they do in their so called "change" campaign propaganda. They preach "change" when the bulk of their members are former PDP members. They say PDP destroyed Nigeria in 16 years even when disgruntled PDP members are the "navigator" of their party. They tell us APC controlled states have built more infrastructures than the rest of the nation combined even when APC itself was created only in 2013.

Who is PDP and who is APC? Bloody hypocrites!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Arysexy(m): 5:45am On Feb 17, 2015
[s]
ilugunboy:
I know it wasn't for the reasons you stated......

You and I know perfectly why you switched sides......you don't need to bother to come and explain anything to me....

I wish good luck.
[/s]

Why not wish him buhari? grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 17, 2015
ilugunboy:
I know it wasn't for the reasons you stated......

I wish good luck.

The reason is now obvious to the intelligent ones. He destroyed his credibility in the process.

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by playpaz: 5:45am On Feb 17, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 17, 2015
This is a very illuminating indictment of OBJ's holier-than-thou swagger. His anti-democratic tendencies are, unfortunately, legendary.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by koboko69: 5:51am On Feb 17, 2015
trillville:

Every "APC" member insulting u, is a big idiot. When u where talking on their side, where you being paid by APC then?

if truly you are from bayelsa state, I must tell you that I am proud to call you a true Nigerian whose loyalty is to nigeria first before any tribe.

Most of this APC people are only in APC because of tribal reasons, but do not let this fact becloud ur judgement and make u do the Devils bidding.

Nigeria needs two parties. That is the bottom line. As much as I dislike Tinubu, if Buhari wins this election, Tinubu will go down in history as one of the greatest Nigerians ever and truly the father of democracy in nigeria for creating a second national party.

This election, this moment is one we should not take for granted. We may never be in a situation like this again.

If we have two parties, the rate of development will be so much faster because of competition between the two parties. There will also be checks and balances, ensuring that political corruption is reduced. Again i will say to you, since you decided to pick a side initially, stay faithful to ur choice to avoid leading ur followers blindly.

cheesy cheesy cheesy. PDP is an associations of clowns. See this tribal bigot accusing others of tribal sentiment. He started with IF TRULLY YOU ARE FROM BAYELSA.... angry I, Donphilous are from Edo state, and i support APC, Berem, cleverly, obagheli are igbos they support APC. please how have tribe influnced who will support here. PDP hae been the one playing ethno religious politics since Jonathan came into power. Stop deceiving yourself, you know the bitter truth!

5 Likes

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by Arysexy(m): 5:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
These Tinubu attack dogs never change. They have made this thread all about the op, thereby leaving the substance and chasing shadows as usual.

This is all they do in their so called "change" campaign propaganda. They preach "change" when the bulk of their members are former PDP members. They say PDP destroyed Nigeria in 16 years even when disgruntled PDP members are the "navigator" of their party. They tell us APC controlled states have built more infrastructures than the rest of the nation combined even when APC itself was created only in 2013.

Bloody hypocrites!

The worst deception one can give himself is knowing the truth and deciding to twist it.

These apc supporters are very crude, intolerant, and cultic in bahaviour.

Just for disagreeing with the party on the ING they are carrying propaganda about, they have all abandoned him and forgot all d selfless service He did for them.

I can tell u that 98% of these apc supporters shouting change are ethnic jingoists trying all they could to see their brother is vp, selfish change, yet they forgot the person they are now attacking left his ijaw brother that would benefit him and his people if He was to b selfish to support their selfish change agenda.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by OEPHIUS(m): 5:54am On Feb 17, 2015
The OP wants to do issue based discussions, please lets do that.

OBJ is not a saint, far from it. The guy is the last thing to a saint that anyone would expect but people forget one thing and that is that politics is a game of numbers and ability of people to increase those numbers is very important of you will be taken seriously.

I see his write up on President Obasanjo and smile. You think everyone else does npt Know OBJ is an arsehole who nobody likes? You really believe that we will rather chase OBJ than better issues no but he has one vote and his one vote can also influence others to come in his direction.

One thing is certain, OBJ has no electoral value in Ogun state or the Ogun/Lagos axis but he is important because of his structures and nothing else.

A lot of people might wonder why he has become a sort of golden fleece forgeting that in the South West, OBJ has a well structured political machinery that either side wants. No one cares if OBJ votes KOWA or decides to tear his own voter card, just the machinery and this is what it is about.

Please do not make this about APC alone because the APC one turned to him for support and when they asked him to "Steer them" it is evidence that they want this structure. The PDP on the other hand which you have (not) surprising fail to mention in this have actually sent men to beg OBJ to stay. Both parties want him there even if he does not join your train but to be seen to lean to you.

The lot of people here might not understand these electoral structures (please these are not rigging machineries) but a chain of old friends and politicians that also have influences over their own sphere.

As I opened with, OBJ has no direct electoral values and not a saint bit indirectly, his value is platinum. Instead of making this about APC, make this about both the PDP and APC. The game changer in the coming election in the south west, both parties want all those structures and the PDP losing President Obasanjo's structure is a huge blow to any party as even though he does not give the APC that structure, the fact that the members know their principal is not in the PDP means they are not obligated to work or ask their people to vote PDP. That is politics.

You think hanging out with President Obasanjo is something the APC likes? nah...it is all about building up the numbers

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" by gists: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2015
OP,
Many thanks for this.
But yet again just like your recent topics, I have to oppose you yet again because you forget so very salient facts.
True most, if not all of these things you said are true and that is why some of us have never and probably will never be OBJ's fan. But the fact remains that with all of his shortcomings, he achieved far more than GEJ. The Local content development initiative, the pension reform, the initialisation of the privatisation of NEPA (he unbundled NEPA to PHCN and separated into business units) and banking consolidation exercises are some of his great achievements which are yet to be matched by any of his successors. we are talking about a man who left the safety of his house and went to meet boko haram in search of peace for the country without the security of the Nigerian armed forces. If my memory serves me right, it took the president several month to visit Maiduguri despite the fact that he has all the armed forces under his control.

That notwithstanding. The most important fact you forgot (or mischievously left out) is that we are not voting OBJ, and he does not carry an APC membership card.
I don't see the relevance of this thread to the electorates towards the coming election. Are we supposed to vote PDP now because OBJ is no more a PDP member? Stop being childish with this your flip-flopping simply because your erstwhile "co-progressives" disagreed with you on some points. Like someone asked you on another thread "do you change family simply because you have a disagreement with your family member?"

Finally thanks again for reminding us some of OBJ's dark side. But #IHaveDecided I am voting #GMB/PYO not OBJ.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack At Rann, Borno State / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Pdp's Apology To Nigerians (pics) / Strike: FG Directs Inclusion Of Sacked Staff School Teachers In Payroll Read Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.