Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. (15340 Views)

Kenyan Man Beaten And Injured On The Head For Sleeping With Friend's Wife (Pics) / 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls / Dilemma : The One Who Loves Me Or The One I Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
striktlymi:
I am not sure why you are too worried about the sex. If some peeps can have an active sex life with inanimate objects, I wonder why you can't have one with this dude. All it takes is for him to be able to get it up and the rest would be done by you, as long as he has no reservations about you taking the lead.

Sex is a very important aspect of marriage and I quite agree that one needs to be comfortable with the sex life for that aspect to be less of a problem later on. However, marriage is not just about having a fantastic sex life. What is important for me is that both of you are ready to make the sex meaningful. Meaningful sex need not be fantastic.

True statement. Great or good sex is what you make of it. And, Hollywood/Bollywood/Nollywood have convinced us great sex is easy to attain and should always be spontaneous.

Relationships are hard-work and that includes great sex.

Perhaps, great sex should be something to work up to eventually......like a life long learning with a grading curve.

An everyday assignment, a quiz to prepare for, a test to take, an exam to pass if you will.........

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
ZedX5:
Sorry but I don't care about warnings. I give my opinion, you deal with it any how you deem fit. .

Hey Now......? grin

Reincarnated again, for reals? wink

I swear I can't keep with you. angry kiss tongue
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by ZedX5: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hey Now......? grin

Reincarnated again, for reals? wink

I swear I can't keep with you. angry kiss tongue
. . . At least I have an "X" in my name now. tongue
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by ndubueze92(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I am in dire need of serious, unbiased advice to avert making a lifelong mistake. Serious comments only please, no trolls, judgemental people, immature guys and girls, religious extreemists NOT allowed in here.

Im a young lady, 27 years of age, have a nice job in a good company, very goodlooking. The reason for this description is to give a background to my plight.

I'm at that phase in my life where im ready to start a family. I always imagined that i would meet a guy randomly, fall in love and get married, but that has not been the case. With age, i learnt that marriage is not a fairytail and that one must think thoroughly, and venture with the head and the heart.

I have a guy whom ive dated on and off for 2 years and hes asked me to marry him a couple of times. We are very good friends, we have a certain kind of understanding, his family likes me, we share the same beliefs, ideologies and outlook on life. He can trek from berger to ojuelegba is that would make me happy.

However, we are not sexuall.y compatible. i mean the se.x is nothing to write home about. Ive tried many times to help him out, tell him what to do, etc but he never ever gets it right. That is a major issue for me. Hes also not so physically attractive, but im ok with his looks.

Im confused because i have a lot of other men flocking around me, showing indications of seriousness, but you know what they say about the devil you know and the angel you dont know.

I need advice please

Thank you
I'd say u shud listen to ur heart and inquire from God cus his a perfectionist God. gudluck
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by ogaprime(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
sexyseun:
@ OP.. Dont mind those saying Se.x is not everything, na lie oooo, As for me, se.x is vital in my marriage oooo, any man wey no sabi do d do i reject him by fire by force, its a prayer point oooo,, u wanna know anoda one? Any man wey no sabi go pass 3 rounds i reject him by fire by force! Se.x is sweet, its refreshing, its amazing, its wonderful and no wonder God truly endorses it for our procreation. I am an advocate of good se.x i wish i can be appointed as a female Ambassador on sexual matters in Nigeria.

See Babe, go confront am, make im go find correct jedi abi wetin una dey call am, if he cant last more than 40mins continuously non-stop....END the Relationship ASAP angry

Sex is sweet and couples divorce each other?? Sex is sweet, will you do it till old age?? Sex is important but not a final criteria to approve a future partner...

2 Likes

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Melahou(m): 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
This seems to be big issue for you...
i have been in such situation like yours
and trust me it wasn't easy especially when you are looking at the future
with him.
Having tried and to no avail, the only option is to make him understand
why you need to move on since to you its very important.

you have to more on with you life...better deal with the situation now than to have issues
when you get married.
some people may think sex is not all about marriage and all that crap...
but believe me you, sex is a driving force in a marriage...

different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Judie7654(f): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Thannks zedx5 for your contribution, remember, i said no judgements, advice only.
that was absolutely no judgement.. Very deep rooted and sincere advice..I'm a girl but I'm with him on this one

3 Likes

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Meelaw(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I am in dire need of serious, unbiased advice to avert making a lifelong mistake. Serious comments only please, no trolls, judgemental people, immature guys and girls, religious extreemists NOT allowed in here.

Im a young lady, 27 years of age, have a nice job in a good company, very goodlooking. The reason for this description is to give a background to my plight.

I'm at that phase in my life where im ready to start a family. I always imagined that i would meet a guy randomly, fall in love and get married, but that has not been the case. With age, i learnt that marriage is not a fairytail and that one must think thoroughly, and venture with the head and the heart.

I have a guy whom ive dated on and off for 2 years and hes asked me to marry him a couple of times. We are very good friends, we have a certain kind of understanding, his family likes me, we share the same beliefs, ideologies and outlook on life. He can trek from berger to ojuelegba is that would make me happy.

However, we are not sexuall.y compatible. i mean the se.x is nothing to write home about. Ive tried many times to help him out, tell him what to do, etc but he never ever gets it right. That is a major issue for me. Hes also not so physically attractive, but im ok with his looks.

Im confused because i have a lot of other men flocking around me, showing indications of seriousness, but you know what they say about the devil you know and the angel you dont know.

I need advice please

Thank you
can't u see..she is lieing..she is not 27 neither does she wants to get married all she wants is front page...ma saying tho

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by zubby29(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
na so u like Bleep reach? 40mins shocked.i hope u can stand 40mins
sexyseun:
@ OP.. Dont mind those saying Se.x is not everything, na lie oooo, As for me, se.x is vital in my marriage oooo, any man wey no sabi do d do i reject him by fire by force, its a prayer point oooo,, u wanna know anoda one? Any man wey no sabi go pass 3 rounds i reject him by fire by force! Se.x is sweet, its refreshing, its amazing, its wonderful and no wonder God truly endorses it for our procreation. I am an advocate of good se.x i wish i can be appointed as a female Ambassador on sexual matters in Nigeria.

See Babe, go confront am, make im go find correct jedi abi wetin una dey call am, if he cant last more than 40mins continuously non-stop....END the Relationship ASAP angry
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by hayoakins(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mitsurugi:
The only thing I can say is go with your heart. Sex might not be everything, but it is LARGE PART of it. Look at it like a pie. How would you feel if the parlour delivered pizza to you with three slices missing? Don't be deceived, your guy he fulfills all you need in a FRIEND... the BIG difference between a FRIEND and a HUSBAND is moaning time in the secret chamber. If it goes wrong, it all goes wrong! grin

Three slice? Haba, Sex is d a m n overrated!

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by mrdino(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I need advice please

Thank you
d qualities u mentioned abt d guy r gud enuf to acept his proposal. nobody is perfct thr ll always b a trade-off somwhr. 2ndly i sense frm ur post dt u r comparin him wt som1 whom u av tried n d past, perhaps durin 1 of d 'off' periods of ur relatnship, bt u did nt see othr gud qualities in. 'his sex is notyn to write home abt' compared to whose? dt's d part u r leavin out.
however, if u feel sex is of top priority in ur marriage & he'll neva b able to catchup, then let him go, nobody is gonna blame u for dat, aftrall it's ur lyf ur decision.
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Thanos(m): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
kennygee:
Sex, there is a reason why the bible is against Fornication.

Na Iranu dey worry you.

You are looking for a man that will give you Christian Grey kind of sex but will be nothing to write home about as long as being a husband is concerned eh?

Please, drop his number so that women who are "REALLY" looking for good men to marry can grab him.
*Christian grey type of sex* lwkmdlwkmd grin

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thanos:

*Christian grey type of sex* lwkmdlwkmd grin

Yes now.

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by UnimkeAk(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I need advice please

Thank you

You can't hv it all.
You have to compromise on something..

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I need advice please

Thank you
I don't think you're that much in love with him as much as he is with you , when you love someone even his flaws look attractive to you. You probably like the attention you receive from him and feel you owe him for the effort , love and care he has put in the relationship. I'll say get another guy and give it a trial but break up with him , it will hurt him but I feel in the end it will benefit both of you
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by joshuaidibia(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
ZedX5:
Women.

Always want it all.

Here you have a nice guy who is everything you want apart from sex. Sex seems to be food to you. Ok, date someone else who'll give you all the sex you want, but treat you like crap, no still.

Very discombobulated species.

There are 1,000 men flocking around you. Date one of them, or 10's of them to know who will give you the sex you desire since that's all is holding you back. No. Because of angel and devil blah blah blah.

Why the fvck are ladies so fvcking confused?

My advice - wait till you're 35. That's just only 8 years from now. By then you'll know what to do. . .
Guy. God bless u. Best reply to a stupid question. U jst said it all.

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:
I was going to sit down and give u a proper tongue lashing. But no I won't. Ur biggest problem now is that u have a lot of potential suitors and u r trying to cherry-pick. At 27, u r very close to "Best Before" date. If u r happy with everything about him except the sex then I'd say go for it. Sex is not food that u will eat and belle full. The other day a woman was divorcing her husband because his wee-wee was "waoh-waoh". If this guy has "entered the place" and is still coming back after two years then he's serious. Those thousands milling around u will fade off after making u a conquest. They be like "nothing dey there again". Sex can be learnt. Do the research then teach him. After all, men love their mother's food. Women often learn to cook like their mother in laws especially when it's a cross cultural marriage.

For some reason though, I think u have made ur mind on leaving him.

You couldn't have said it better

If she loves him as much as he loves her , she'll love his imperfections

Someone said maybe it's her turn to trek from Berger to wherever

I don't think she's ready to go atrekking on this one

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by bond77(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Keneking:
First , you need to improve on your writing skills before we can address your points.

Second, what denomination do you belong? I mean where do you worship?

Third, describe your physique. I mean give a vivid description of your physical shape? This is important to compare with the demands of the market at this point.

Fourth, 27 years of age is way to young to enter into marriage. From your expression, it suggests that you want to go into that institution due to peer pressures and societal expectations.

Fifth, your argument about an angel and devil is not ideal in this context. If I get you, it appears that you want someone else but urgently require approval from Nairalanders to engage in such unholy act.

By the way, don't you think it is sin to engage in an illicit affair with a man whom you are not married to undecided

with the increase in homosexuality and scarcity of single men,........u still believe that 27 years of age is way too young to enter into marriage?

U must be joking!
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
ZedX5:
. . . At least I have an "X" in my name now. tongue

Dare I ask what this "X" means? Or would thunder fire me for even thinkin' of it.....

grin
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Ranchhoddas: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
kennygee:
Sex, there is a reason why the bible is against Fornication.

Na Iranu dey worry you.

You are looking for a man that will give you Christian Grey kind of sex but will be nothing to write home about as long as being a husband is concerned eh?

Please, drop his number so that women who are "REALLY" looking for good men to marry can grab him.
hypocrite...the bible is against sex before but you know Christian Grey...cool story

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by misfab(f): 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
dear...that part of d marriage ministry is very important n shuldnt b joked with. if u aint happy now u wont b later.

grin i still rembr askn one of my gfs why she wouldnt go on wit her relationship wit a certain dude and she helplessly looked at me n said his dick is like my last finger grin kai! i urged her to move on

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Alezy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Midehi:
Eyaaaa...maybe d dick is too small, let him go for enlargement na
whoz dis nau?
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by eyinjuege: 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good men are hard to come by. There's so much sexual experiments you can try together that'll make sex :-interesting for you two. There are intimacy gadgets out there you can both try out. You say he's willing to learn, learn stuff together.
Help build his self confidence too cos a lot of poor performance in young men is psychological. After some years of marriage and popping a coupla kids, with a tight work schedule, cooking and trying to prevent the kids from driving me crazy, sex is usually not forefront in my thoughts these days undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by gabazin080(m): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
halleluyah! d OP has finally come out from her ghost mode. did anybody noticed or is it just me that on d 5th of dis month it will be 6 years since d OP joined nairaland and she just created her 1st thread and made her 1st comments today.
d OP doesn't deserve an advice because she's not 1 of those that made SEUN a millionaire. haba 6 years and just reading posts with no comments. SMH
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by lolaluv1(f): 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
iyatrustee:
shocked shocked shocked he is back!

Nah. Tis an impostor...
This is So not sk....
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Mcowubaba: 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I need advice please

Thank you
Take him to a sex therapist,
If that doesn't work ....
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wahala dey o! Op is in trouble lol

FowlYansh:

I know you. I will surely report this madness to my cousin.

I'm totally disappointed that you could bring your personal issues to this forum for the world to see.

Women are wicked!

1 Like

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by skyisthelimit(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
..OP..You dated this guy for this long and waited until he popped the question before realizing its an issue?..you didnt think he planned to marry you?..am happy you are sincere about your concern but please DONT marry that dude out of pity,do it when you are REALLY ready because bigger challenges will come in future that you wont remember the last time you had sex. You even remembered how many guys are at your beck and call,that you are pretty and comfortable..that he asked you a couple of times meaning he is almost like begging you?..hmmmm. You need to keep your communication flow with this guy very open and see it as your challenge if you love him that much too..You and only you know what you can live with because it will take a lot of patience and maturity..ONE LAST QUESTION - if you marry him and he doesnt improve what do u plan to do?..did i hear you say until we get to the bridge?..babe !!!!..Nairalanders will not be there with you oh...and yes you are as imperfect too but you have a choice.
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by PoorUgly(m): 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nna men! Why are women getting too worried about sexual compatibility these days?

I thought women hate sex. I thought to Nigeria women sex is okay any how it goes as far as it lands on a baby.

Well, you can teach him try and get him books and guides to read like this one.

Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
bellamafia:
Hello Romancelanders,

I need advice please

Thank you

You don't place your priority on sexual satisfaction because you want him to make u feel good but then it's really frustrating to have a marital with sexual deficiency.

If you marry a man with great sexual satisfaction but his attitude is bad, u will come back here and discuss my present is this, that....

Stick with your present bf and tell him to enrol for sex school or employ a stripper to teach him dirty.
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:15am On Mar 04, 2015
sexyseun:

So sexy naa food ni? Hmmmmmmmm i pity ur man ooooo. u go use am kill am cheesy
Re: Classical Dilemma, The Head And The Heart. by ProfEinstein: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hmmm....Bella Mafia...

I read that novel many, many, many moons ago - when men were boys, and still read novels.

Because of your id, I'd give my 2 cents.

No need to suggest it, very few persons can live a sexually frustrated life and still be happy. And when that primal itch isn't scratched properly, it tends to throw spanners in the works.

More nagging, and less respect for the man of the house. And that's hardly the recipe for Happily Ever After...

But what I would suggest is give him a few more tries to learn. Get him materials in that direction.

The sexual problems of MOST men fall under 3 categories (and can be fixed!):

1.) Finishing too quick

2.) Not understanding the female sexual response.

3.) Madonna/Whöre Complex.

The trouble with the first is obvious. And it's also somehow, a symptom of problem #2.

And problem #2 has many manifestations:

- Zero to no föreplay
- Firing away, all-through like a jackrabbit - at 100 metric tonnes (lol, a girl once asked me: "Buddhapalm are you pounding yam" grin. Thanks to years of pórn conditioning and the masculine braggadocio of "I bánged her so hard that she can't walk" you now have a fine recipe for breaking many a girls waists grin.

- Not arousing you properly. A very aroused girl is hanging fruit - easy pickings.
- Thinking his only tool is his phallus. Hence not knowing other things he could do to get you off - even before making contact with his man-bat.

But problem 3 is even more difficult to overcome. It's difficult for some men to envision their 'woman' as anything else but a prim, proper, 'Christian girl'. So they limit the range of things they could do, and the ways they could act in the bedroom.

But give them some random new girl, and they would give her a night to remember.

Finally, if you tell me where his problem falls, I'll recommend materials (DVDs and eBooks) that would help him out - if he's even willing to try. You know what leviathans our egos are grin.

hhahahhahhaha, Buddha u too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Beautiful Nairaland Ladies / What’s The First Thing That Sexually Attracts You To Someone? / Is It Normal That I Prefer BJ To Actual Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.