Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It (34588 Views)

Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / He Hit Her Few Weeks To Their Wedding? Should She Go On With The Wedding? / I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Go Down)

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by coogar: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:

You have still refused to open your eyes and see the man for who he truly is.

i opened my eyes & i can see the man is a victim of domestic abuse(physical, emotional, etc)

Imagine separating her from her friends . . . What does he want to do with her, eat her?

because he realised her friends are the ones influencing her idiotïc decisions. i would not want the mother of my child to keep bad company too.

Every normal man knows its liberating for women to hang out with their [good] friends from time to time. Infact, a women who doesn't have [good] friends is a red flag in my opinion.

fixed!

This man doesn't even want her to associate with her fellow women . . . haba. Controlling much undecided

if her fellow women are noxious to the relationship, then good riddance to ebola virus. grin
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
Vyolet:
Funny how people wash their dirty linens in public.

What if they reconcile? What would happen to these threads?

God bless you. Exactly my point.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
babyosisi:

I have landed like land cruiser
grin grin grin grin grin you are highly Nno,
*rushes to bring chair, popcorn and one liter bottle of 'share a coke with mcdokwe' tongue

2 Likes

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:

Maybe it's because we have experienced what a good marriage should be and this is sooo not it!
well, from the words of the man. The relationship was a good one until friends came in. Mend that instead of all these
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
coogar:

i opened my eyes & i can see the man is a victim of domestic abuse(physical, emotional, etc)

because he realised her friends are the ones influencing her idiotïc decisions. i would not want the mother of my child to keep bad company too.

fixed!

if her fellow women are noxious to the relationship, then good riddance to ebola virus. grin

She is an adult naw . . . not a child you would set rules and curfews for . . undecided

All of us have made wrong decisions in choosing our friends, but it would be wrong for a man to insist we leave out friend. IT should be our decision, not his.

I detest my husband's bff with a passion. But will I 'force' him not to hang out with the guy? I can only give my opinion about him and pray he sees what I see!

If I had a friend who a guy got pregnant and refused to marry . . . and still cheats on her, I will cuss the guy out to eternity. Infact, I won't even bother to hide my feelings from him.

If looking out for a friend makes me bad for their r/ship then so be it . . . cool
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther:
I don't know why she is angry but if na me sha, I will be angry he brought our family ish to a public forum. wink when we started nobody was there then why announce it to the world if we are going our separate ways? People fall out of relationship/marriage and theirs won't be the first. Settle things peacefully and if we are separating fine. Peace can still reign but it can't like this.

Anyway maybe na because I'm not a fan of wahala sha. undecided
sorry. The man didn't post pic or details of the woman so I see no reason how that should be her problem. If she didn't open this thread we wouldn't know about her so that case I proclaim "void*
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by mcdokwe(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lol, I text her for the following reasons.
I have grown above hate like her and won't hesistate to advice or help her when I can.
2. She has with her, my lovely daughter whom I have all the rights to and would not stop asking after.
babyosisi:

And what is the heediot still texting her for
Are his 5 threads on her not enough to heal his pain.
The woman has moved on mcdokwe, and ain't coming back
Leave her alone!!

5 Likes

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
mcdokwe:
I have grown above hate like her and won't hesistate to advice or help her when I can.
2. She has with her, my lovely daughter whom I have all the rights to and would not stop asking after.

Did you try to sleep with her friend?

Did you call her irresponsible??

Did insult and belittle her in front of other people

You have a child man . . . GROW UP!!!

3 Likes

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by iykedare(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=31670161]

Which is why I maintain that he is a good person who just missed his way. (who doesn't sef) undecided
There is a root problem which she must be bold enough to talk about.
Perhaps, someone has gotten into her head.

Yeah,the guy seem like a reasonable dude. Some of us are worse. Me no fit withstand any girl`s tongue lashing. She should hit me instead,I sure wont feel the pain. Naija girls and their mouth,they can do better with their mouth. wink.
I definitely wont hit back,don't wanna commit murder.

Nevveerrrrr.
They will be forming one yeyerish version of heifer alpha male gringringrin

Who doesn't like alpha males? grin grin mizmycoli would rather fall for one than fall for a beta male.

I will be factual here.
We all love the good life.

No girl sets out on this journey of love looking for a guy she will feed or one that will be dependent on her.
But it happens. And some of us graciously accept it.....believing that things'll get better someday.

While that may seem like an issue to her......if other things are/were equal...save the broke part....
Trust me...the babe will darn ALL consequences and go ahead.

Last I checked undecided No condition is permanent.

No condition is permanent? If the condition come permanent nko, they would come to nl to air their quarrel.Marriage is for better or worse conditions.

1 Like

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Owliver:
sorry. The man didn't post pic or details of the woman so I see no reason how that should be her problem. If she didn't open this thread we wouldn't know about her so that case I proclaim "void*
Hmmm OK o.

But seeing the story here can make her angry. Maybe she decided to open hers because if the bashing she was getting without them hearing her own part of the story. The op doesn't sound happy too you know.

Biko I'm not a relationship or marriage counselor, as a matter of fact I'm not even married so make I Sidon with MarvellousGod dey watch dey go. cool

1 Like

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by coogar: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:

She is an adult naw . . . not a child you would set rules and curfews for . . undecided

a man's responsibility is to lead his partner. part of that includes rules & curfews. i see nothing wrong with a man putting a wedge between his partner & bad friends.

All of us have made wrong decisions in choosing our friends, but it would be wrong for a man to insist we leave out friend. IT should be our decision, not his.

if her friends are awful, then he's within his right to cut them off.

I detest my husband's bff with a passion. But will I 'force' him not to hang out with the guy? I can only give my opinion about him and pray he sees what I see!

it depends on the reason for detesting him. if you detest his arrogance or good looks, it's not a valid reason. if you detest because he poisons your husband against you then it's a valid reason. the latter is the case with the OP.

If I had a friend who a guy got pregnant and refused to marry . . . and still cheats on her, I will cuss the guy out to eternity. Infact, I won't even bother to hide my feelings from him.

why did she get pregnant for a guy that hasn't discussed any marriage plans with her? could it not also be argued she trapped him with the pregnancy or what are you saying?

If looking out for a friend makes me bad for their r/ship then so be it . . . cool

looking out for a friend that bore a child out of wedlock. where was your advice when she was spreading her legs to enjoy unprotected sex?

1 Like

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther:
Like I said I feel she posted with anger.

At the bolded, I'm happy you know that and that's why I will still say you should go easy on her. Couple's don't spill it all up publicly. Trust me there is more we don't know, all this didn't just start in a day so please, easy. You are right by saying she didn't present her case well o, anger causes a lot.

Again read her Hubby's post, even in the midst of all this the love is still there IMO. Even if we preach heaven and earth what op and her hubby go still settle if them want and if they don't want, they should both go start their lives again.

@miraijj, please calm down, he shouldn't have beaten you yes, if you still want him please calm down and settle things but if you don't I wish you well too.

BTW the hubby should come and defend himself na. tongue
yes I believe that there is a lot that we don't know but cheating and beating are both deal breakers. no matter the love, I think she is better off without him
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hmmm OK o.

But seeing the story here can make her angry. Maybe she decided to open hers because if the bashing she was getting without them hearing her own part of the story. The op doesn't sound happy too you know.

Biko I'm not a relationship or marriage counselor, as a matter of fact I'm not even married so make I Sidon with MarvellousGod dey watch dey go. cool
choi* oya letz marry na. Make we run our paroz codedly. All this one wey I dey shout here na mouth I dey make oooooooo grin no go think say me fit beat someone. I no even get body. Howfa? grin
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Rose2014: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:

This guy would have beat her up eventually . . . whether she held his shirt or not. The guy was an abuser waiting to happen!

If you had the brain to read btw the lines, you would see that he is a controlling man . . who wants everything to be the way her decrees, down to the last T!

Who art thou woman to dare question him embarassed

Imagine the joy he got from beating her up, he had to open a thread just to brag. undecided
Great observation
I couldn't have said it better
I thought I was the only one who could read in between the lines of his 'wife beating & bragging about it' post

Nansense cheesy
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
bestestgirl:

yes I believe that there is a lot that we don't know but cheating and beating are both deal breakers. no matter the love, I think she is better off without him
smiley smiley
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Vikky014(f): 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
mcdokwe:
hmmmm. i am regreting sending her dt birthday txt .Gush do u hv human sympathy @all cant u see u r wronghw can u tell ur babymama dt u used her to explore d world of sexu even tried sleepn wt her friend.SMH
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by MizMyColi(f): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
iykedare:

Owhhhh yes....
I love Alpha Males.
I just learnt more about the term "Alpha Males" yesterday.....

But....
You know there are pros and cons.

I actually read up on Alpha Females.

So my conclusion is this.......
Be the alpha....but be discerning enough to know when to go beta grin

Forget o.
Givers never lack.
It is a general principle.

As for airing their issue.....

I have a feeling she might regret taking this step in the near future, but for now, let it serve its purpose.

I wish I had the boldness to tackle people sha.
Sometimes, when I remember how ungood my mouth can be......and how it might affect others, and how miserable I will become ultimately....
I prefer applying self control and just ignoring.

Well, different strokes. Different folks.
To each his own path.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
bestestgirl:

abusive and locking up a man is a deal breaker too. Even telling "your friends" about your husband is a deal breaker. He's better off without her. I hope he realizes this earlier. smiley
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Owliver:
choi* oya letz marry na. Make we run our paroz codedly. All this one wey I dey shout here na mouth I dey make oooooooo grin no go think say me fit beat someone. I no even get body. Howfa? grin
Marry make u beat me too? shocked shocked

No vex I don marry. grin
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
coogar:

a man's responsibility is to lead his partner. part of that includes rules & curfews. i see nothing wrong with a man putting a wedge between his partner & bad friends.

LEAD . . . not RULE!

if her friends are awful, then he's within his right to cut them off.

Cut them off . . . maybe . . . not try to bang them! tongue

it depends on the reason for detesting him. if you detest his arrogance or good looks, it's not a valid reason. if you detest because he poisons your husband against you then it's a valid reason. the latter is the case with the OP.

Errrm. . . The OP is not married to this man. He is a baby daddy who is drinking the milk without paying for the cow. Any good friend would be right to condemn him!

why did she get pregnant for a guy that hasn't discussed any marriage plans with her? could it not also be argued she trapped him with the pregnancy or what are you saying?

looking out for a friend that bore a child out of wedlock. where was your advice when she was spreading her legs to enjoy unprotected sex?

True . . . she already made the mistake . . so did he!

So she is not good enough to be his wife and he wants the right to choose her friends? That's just not how it works!

1 Like

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Rose2014: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:
That is how my husband's Aunt married a failure of a Man . . .

He would beat her senseless over a flimsy excuse. My MIL (the woman's elder sister) tried to intervene and they used her to settle. See the woman accusing my MIL of trying to break-up her marriage. All because she advised her to leave an abusive man . . .

Ngwa nu fast forward to 36 years later . . . The woman had to pack her property and run after finding concrete evidence that her husband wanted to kill her. . . she suffered and toiled and took all the abuse for 36 YEARS!!!

The useless man nko? Carrying Uni girls up and down and sleeping with new girls every night in their marriage bed . . glad that he is finally free of a a 36YO marriage! sad sad

A useless man is a useless man . . there is nothing you can do to change that!

The mistake ladies make is staying with an abusive man because u don't want him to bring another woman, nansense, or hoping he'll change. Nah, he'll just kill u n remarry anyway so it's better u leave him and let him remarry when u're still young n alive

Once A wife beater, always a wife beater cos just like in every marriage,there'll always be times u get him upset

1 Like

Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther:
Marry make u beat me too? shocked shocked

No vex I don marry. grin
ask rose2014 she will vouch for me. I don't beat ladies. Meanwhile, why all of una dey marry marry na. Choi* nawa ooo lekwe nu le oooooo sad
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Vikky014:
hmmmm. i am regreting sending her dt birthday txt .Gush do u hv human sympathy @all cant u see u r wronghw can u tell ur babymama dt u used her to explore d world of sexu even tried sleepn wt her friend.SMH
Wow I didn't even see that. Smh really.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by cococandy(f): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther I can't believe you didn't alert me on time to this thread.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Owliver:
ask rose2014 she will vouch for me. I don't beat ladies. Meanwhile, why all of una dey marry marry na. Choi* nawa ooo lekwe nu le oooooo sad
Vouch ke, my non woman beater hubby will soon locate me. tongue
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Owliver:
pls read the guy's post. The lady abused him physically several times and he managed the situation till that moment she locked him up. Before you conclude wink
chai Owliver make una fear God na, you guys keep making it seem that the reason why he eventually beat her was because she locked the door and would not let him go out to vent. but have you forgotten the part where he said that he beat her senseless in another location (without locked doors) where even several women could not stop him?
Her child was just two months at the time (stitches never heal finish sef). He then collected the child from her and gave a neighbor and went to buy milk so that the baby "will not suck her silly breast" (I guess thats why he said he was afraid that his daughter will learn bad behaviour from her Mom, maybe e think say dem dey suck behaviour from breast)

Just call a spade a spade, the man is abusive and does not deserve her. you sef think am na, if your girlfriend caught you cheating, will you not expect her to call you 'unprintable names'?
will you not expect her to fight you even a little?
Should you not endure it knowing that you bleeped up?
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Vikky014(f): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Herzumpther:
Wow I didn't even see that. Smh really.
can u imagine dt kind of rubbish
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by coogar: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:

LEAD . . . not RULE!

a leader is a ruler. cheesy

Cut them off . . . maybe . . . not try to bang them! tongue

i do not believe he tried to bang her friends.

Errrm. . . The OP is not married to this man. He is a baby daddy who is drinking the milk without paying for the cow. Any good friend would be right to condemn him!

she chose to have a baby by him. what's the business of her friends in the relationship?

True . . . she already made the mistake . . so did he!

he didn't make any mistake - she chose to have a baby by him & she's chosen to leave him. she's the one that made a mistake.

So she is not good enough to be his wife and he wants the right to choose her friends? That's just not how it works!

there's a child involved - his child!
he has the rights to know the kind of bad elements that come to the house where the child lives. if there was no baby between them, he would have moved on aeons ago.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Owliver(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rose2014:

The mistake ladies make is staying with an abusive man because u don't want him to bring another woman, nansense, or hoping he'll change. Nah, he'll just kill u n remarry anyway so it's better u leave him and let him remarry when u're still young n alive

Once A wife beater, always a wife beater cos just like in every marriage,there'll always be times u get him upset
the mistake men make is to think they can change an abusive and talkative wife. The more they realize that verbal abuse is the cause of male deaths in Nigeria the better for them.... Always an abusive wife will forever be an abusive wife. wink
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
cococandy:
Herzumpther I can't believe you didn't alert me on time to this thread.
My dear I tot its your sleeping time in America already. I'm so sorry.
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Rose2014: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Oga, that guy is one hell of an abuser, he even had sex with her that same night. Who knows if he even forced the girl because no woman in her right senses will think of sex after being beaten up/disgraced in the public. . undecided
Seems to me the girl was vulnerable while with him..

I may be right to also say that the girl started being aggressive after the ugly experience with him..

Even his words while describing how he beat up the girl, he said "she never got enough"... who knows how mercilessly she was beaten. ...

I say it again, for a baby mama to walk away in this society where single moms are seen as bad examples, the situation must have been so bad and uncontrollable. .

btw, are you mcdokwe? because the way you go about quoting people and defending the guy is so suspicious undecided

No sweerie, oga Owliver is not mcdokwe

I may be wrong but I believe Mcdokwe= Dinachi
Re: He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It by Raymie(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
The couple are in the building! Oya let the debates begin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Pretty Bride Cries As She Kneels Before Her Mother In Adorable Wedding Photo / Help! My Crush Is A Ritualist And His Family Are Aware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.