Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48791 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by DesChyko: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Sorry 'mature' has no past tense...sorry for pointing this out, I have made same mistake overtime and I was corrected where I least expected.

If only you're using it as an adjective.
Sometimes, it functions as a verb and thus, has a past tense.

Adj: He is mature.. (mature is an adjective(describing him); 'is' is the verb (state of being) )
Verb: He matured a lot.. (mature is the verb. 'a lot' is an adverb (showing degree) )

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Posh(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
In as much..i support d idea 2 opt out of ur parents house nd live alone, i wanna say that gayness is an aberration. I pray that God ll open ur eyes 2 realise that u re created 2 hv feelings for nd love a woman..nt for ur fellow man(spits out).. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by nepp(f): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
Someone says he's gay and all of a sudden everyone becomes saints telling him to repent! How can u repent from a sexuality?? I can't seem to wrap my head around it! The topic has just been derailed. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Vivly(f): 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
Why are certain d1ckheads focusing on the gay part?
The main issue is the ripe age for a guy to leave his house!
If he had said something like 'He wants his girlfriend to move in with him', you guys would have ignored that though immorality is a sin too.
I hope one of the bashers is not a straight guy still living with his parents and hating on a gay dude living on his own.
Life is cruel. Everybody knows.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
nepp:
Someone says he's gay and all of a sudden everyone becomes saints telling him to repent! How can u repent from a sexuality?? I can't seem to wrap my head around it! The topic has just been derailed. undecided

I wonder o. Thank you.

I've dealt with far more hateful comments on NL in my earlier days on NL, so comments here regarding my sexuality only make me laugh, as I feel this isn't the thread to start sexuality arguments. let them keep wasting their time.

Lawd this Chocolate Royale cake tastes damn good!

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by lolalovegrace: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ehmmm Did someone say there's cake? lol...Just here to read comments grin grin grin

www.kayspastries.com

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
Vivly:
Why are certain d1ckheads focusing on the gay part?
The main issue is the ripe age for a guy to leave his house!
If he had said something like 'He wants his girlfriend to move in with him', you guys would have ignored that though immorality is a sin too.
I hope one of the basher is not a straight guy still living with his parents and hating on a gay dude living on his own.
Life is cruel. Everybody knows.

Thank you gal.

I don't have the strength for them today. The least thing to worry me would be my sexuality.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by DesChyko: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
nepp:
Perhaps you're missing the point. The treatment he is getting is expected. 99.99% of Nigerians would openly apportion 'being gay' as being outrightly abhorring and frankly, he's had some support so far because this is a faceless forum. Instead of fighting what you can't kill, find a way around it. That is what you'ld term a 'constructive reaction'.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by fairygeh(f): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

i actually haven't told them about that yet, which is another reason I moved. I want to be at a safe zone when i do tell them eventually, and not be sent "parking".
you mean you can actually bring yourself to tell ur parents you are gay shocked
Would any parent(Nigerian) really wanna hear that?

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Applaner: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
op, wat is DAT ur address again. I mean de new place.

am a lady and very sexy .

I would like to spent just a night with u.

u won't regret it o.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by AIREGIN360(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
Chief Hope u still remember u are in Nigeria. and every act of homosexuality is a crime. No BEEF. I just don't like this gay sh*t.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
AIREGIN360:
Chief Hope u still remember u are in Nigeria. and every act of homosexuality is a crime. No BEEF. I just don't like this gay sh*t.

Read the law.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by tunnary(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
i'm impressed wit u leaving ur parents @24, i commend u for dat but u being a gay is totally odd nd i believ somtin spiritual is attached to dis gay tin. My guy i dnt no u o so i ve no reason to deciev u, go for a very effective delievrance in any gud church. U might not see or comprehend hw bad it is cos ur involve in it, hw can somebody use eba to touch eba before eating, it doesnt make sence, na eba nd soup dey sweet 4 mouth nt eba nd eba.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Angelis: 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Sorry 'mature' has no past tense...sorry for pointing this out, I have made same mistake overtime and I was corrected
where I least expected.

Either 'Matured' or 'mature' is correct.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by DesChyko: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
...Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

Well, I have to say your presentation is quite complicated. The 'gay' part was unnecessary if actually your problem is with your parent's resistance. You drew attention to yourself instead and that is leading everyone to reflect on that 'unorthodox' element of you. That s by the way.
Naturally, every parent should be proud of their 'millionaire' son at such a cute age. Your progress should be their joy. However, since they're being negative about your decision, it may stem from the following guesses.
1. They probably don't believe you have enough cash to live alone yet.
2. They probably don't trust your decision-making yet. Review your activities while living with them.
3. You probably have unfulfilled obligations/responsibilities towards siblings or themselves and you are 'running out of reach' already.
4. They think you need a partner to help you manage or a family to 'utilize' the finances (before the tough times come, they fear)

About the marriage part, it would seem you aren't interested in the opposite sex (yet?). Don't expect any favours or consideration when you finally break the ice. Expect NONE at all. If you get some, just take it as a plus. But before you do, put your HOME in order since you're financially equipped. Make sure the needs of your siblings especially are not straining your parents. They may cut you off when you tell them you're (hehehehe).

Wish you luck! You need lots of itgrin

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by DesChyko: 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
Applaner:
op, wat is DAT ur address again. I mean de new place.
am a lady and very sexy .
I would like to spent just a night with u.
u won't regret it o.

Because you know you may not tickle his fancy abi??
Where is MrPhockPhockMan when you need him?? angry
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by toprealman: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2015
YOUR ORIENTATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. AT YOUR AGE YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A GOOD JOB. YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PATH, FIRE DOWN. OUR PRIORITY IS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Pauloot(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
blakky97:

the major message hes trying to get across is not that he moved out of his mamas house. he wants to say hes gay. Every other letter in that article up there is just a curtain.

u get it blakky.......rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Mekzmoney(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
Mr Gay, u moved out because u don't hav d opportunity to sleep wit ur fellow man wen ur in ur family house. So u moved out so dat u will hav ur freedom.. Don't give us dos flipsy reasons.. Keep it up.
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
man, you started working @20!
i'm jealous o! see, am 20 now, still under my parents care. eating 'mama thank ma'am'.
i can't wait to graduate and start my own life.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Curvinus:

Matthew 19:11 - 12
Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."
Do you know who a eunuch is? Dont quote the Holy book wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by pickabeau1: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
One of the key reasons why you were looking to move out was to have all sorts of men come to the comfort of your home and ram you up the batty

Or am i lying? grin

grin grin grin grin

masonkz... as long as u can afford it go ahead
Oniru is a cool area...10 mins to the island and all spots are in proximity.. Sky Lounge, The Place, Palms etc
reducing commute time in lagos actually increases your life span

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by blakky97(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Erm... you must think I'm new here to be seeking approval of my sexuality through this thread.

undecided
basstaadz don't quote me.
my message to your lost soul; get caught by the streets; get ur sorry skull gully tripping out red blood. its real.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Bhella5(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
F^*ck*ng f*gg0t! Gtfoh! It's was the best thing to do coz as soon as ur parents find out u are a gay, they will not only send u parking but throw you to the wolves! Run!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
tunnary:
i'm impressed wit u leaving ur parents @24, i commend u for dat but u being a gay is totally odd nd i believ somtin spiritual is attached to dis gay tin. My guy i dnt no u o so i ve no reason to deciev u, go for a very effective delievrance in any gud church. U might not see or comprehend hw bad it is cos ur involve in it, hw can somebody use eba to touch eba before eating, it doesnt make sence, na eba nd soup dey sweet 4 mouth nt eba nd eba.
Oh my days!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kelvyn7: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
after service year, another 1yr maximum.

if u have handwork, 1yrs after apprentiship.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by stigman(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

God killed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. This was because some homosexuals lived there (See Genesis 19:4-5). 19:24-25
Sodom's sin, stop it today

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Swagu baba....
Iz well ooo..

Oga Mason u don wash it...
Abeg never wash am yet i still dey road o.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by asuquo1982: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Your mum married to your father to have you as their son, and you make a decision to marry a man like you. When every body come to know this how will people regards your parents, or will they say your parents train you well ? Let me tell you whatever you think you are having now will gradually leads you to your doom. Repent and ask God for forgiveness for your GAY attitude. My God will help YOU.

CAPTAIN KING

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by tohero(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
That's a nice decision I reckoned with except for the last part being *gay*.

Religion will say it is a SIN!
Tradition will say it is a TABOO!!
And YOU will know within yourself that it is an IMMORAL ACT!!!

A stitch in time saves nine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.