Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48814 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
GodMode:

Doesn't make a difference... Now I know and it's out of place...

Cos NL has started promoting gay threads...

Hasn't Nairialand always promoted gay threads? Check the archives. grin grin grin
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Iyineda(m): 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
I moved out at age 15.
Spent time with foster families till I was 18 then got my apartment (with the help of my parents) from there on.
Now I stay in a company residential home. And am currently looking to acquire my own flat now that I've saved enough some money.

RTVDMA lol

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Some comments are dead on arrival. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by M4gunners: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Pvin:
Good move as a man, with time your parents will come to terms with you. And everything will normalize.
Am proud of you to come out open as a gay (though am not a gay).
No you must be gay hence you are proud nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 24, 2015
@masonks, my advice for u as a brother is stay abroad, naija is not gay friendly. You will have much freedom to be on your own and even marry your fellow man. In as much as I am a Christian, I don't support your lifestyle neither will I preach to you but like I said earlier you will fare much better abroad. I envy you though, I am almost 30 and still under my folks roof but its not easy but by God's grace I will surely make it.

8 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 24, 2015
I know a 35 or 36yr old guy who lives with his mom and sisters and he has no qualms with it
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by jeffoe(m): 1:04am On Mar 24, 2015
I have come to realize that gay person are most times. From wealthy homes. I just hope soonest a cure is discovered it might take time though.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by GSKing: 2:28am On Mar 24, 2015
jeffoe:
I have come to realize that gay person are most times. From wealthy homes. I just hope soonest a cure is discovered it might take time though.

Really? So, money make people gay? Poor people can't be gay? Gay is synonymous with wealth?

Hmmmmm *sighs in exasperation*

The imbecility on this forum is overwhelming.

You're all welcome.

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 2:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Dolemite:

If homosexuality is such a dangerous sin why did is there homosexuality in the animal kingdom? seriously you Christians should start reasoning.

Why do you look for animals for justification. Incest, pedophilia is in the animal, oya, go and marry your sister or brother or a 13 yrs old. So because it is in the animal kingdom, it is right?

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:31am On Mar 24, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

It is good that you moved out. People have to learn to independent but also family ties is very important. It also for better social growth. In America, everyone is you are on your own. In Nigeria it is easy to get an helping hand if you have strong family ties. You own your life, you get to decide. But from a Christian perspective, it would be best to practice celibacy since you stated that one of the reason was that your sexual preference is same sex. I saw that you or someone quoted Jesus when he talked about people being born eunuchs. If you believe that you are born gay, then practice celibacy like Jesus said, many people do it. Don't mind all those people calling you a sinner, we are all sinners but there is a difference in rejoicing in sin and wanting to do away with sin. Some of them cursing you have probably practice one sexual immorality or the other. We all have urges or desires but that doesn't mean we act upon everything urge we get. In fact the bible even says it is better to be celibate because you have freedom from sexual impurity but if you can't control your sexual urge, get married, a lot of gay Christians marry opposite sex with the intention of following the bible. They didn't feel repressed because they were not forced and it was of their own doing. They eventually learned to love each other with sex being involved.

You may not be a believing Christian or might even be an atheist but I just didn't want some of these comments to give you the wrong impression of Christians or Christianity. Nigerians tend to talk from a cultural point of view and then wrongfully justify it with their religious beliefs through half truths or distortion. Either way good luck in life and God bless you. Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by dubbiskelly(m): 6:01am On Mar 24, 2015
You need TB Joshua in ur life, being gay is a straight ticket to Hell.For y'all encouraging him, I pity u guys. sad
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by thebigspock: 6:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Funny how a lot of Nigerians can be so predictably hypocritical! Ahhhh!!!! So because you guys saw that he is gay on his post, most of you totally bypassed the entire point of it to tell him he's going to hell. Una try o!

The funny thing about all this tho is amongst these "kingdom warriors" on this thread are people that have sex with minors, fraudsters, thieves and people that commit other acts that are not just immoral, but criminal. But once they see the word "gay", all of them become Pontifex Maximus.

Nigerians: Deciding who goes to hell since 1960

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by thebigspock: 6:17am On Mar 24, 2015
and @ the guy who thinks he's gay because he's rich.... I don't want you to be gay. So I proclaim poverty into your life so you can remain straight and secure from the "gayifying" power of money.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by extrosoft: 6:52am On Mar 24, 2015
U are not ashamed of being gay? Well u have to be. Bleep all them girls but not guys cos if u insist ur disk shall be cut off someday. sad
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by SeanT10: 6:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Op how do you feel screwing a man like you or are you the one being screwed? You don't know what u are missing. All these soft juices of a woman's breast and the wholesomeness of her shit box screwing you up down, up down you trade for a masculine stone like man. You need deliverance to enjoy life.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:00am On Mar 24, 2015
then the girl need to go afor a delivereance.. if she still stay in his mother house wen is married to his husband...
khiaa:

Why can't a girl stay in her parents home for as long as she needs to?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Una be Hyprocrites...@op don't mind them u made a gud decision.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2015
who is a GAY angry angry angry HOPE U ARE NT TALKING TO ME
tushburg:

guy he is being fvcked so he is still a girl

ogal u jus 1 tell us say u b gay we don hear oya...are you happy now
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Teespice(f): 7:09am On Mar 24, 2015
Deolaw:
I stopped reading it when I saw that you are gay. When you have repented come back to write more on ''best age to move out of your parents' house''.

God have mercy on you

God forgive you

God bless you

Amen!

judge not and you shall not be judged.

he without sin should be the first to cast a stone.

I was expecting to see comments such as yours and trust nairalanders being who they are, you did not disappoint.

if you have had sex before and still having sex, then you are no better.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
then the girl need to go afor a delivereance.. if she still stay in his mother house wen is married to his husband...

I'm comfused.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by thebigspock: 7:13am On Mar 24, 2015
khiaa:

I'm comfused.
LWKMD!!!!!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by thebigspock: 7:15am On Mar 24, 2015
extrosoft:
U are not ashamed of being gay? Well u have to be. Bleep all them girls but not guys cos if u insist ur disk shall be cut off someday. sad

lol, why is it paining you for the guy? are you the one he is screwing? if he asks you to bring your sister for him to screw, you go gree?

Effing hypocrite

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 24, 2015
jeffoe:

So which part of my post alluded to me being from a wealthy home? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2015
thebigspock:

LWKMD!!!!!

I don't know what this means.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:17am On Mar 24, 2015
why u confused
khiaa:

I'm comfused.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 24, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

It is good that you moved out. People have to learn to independent but also family ties is very important. It also for better social growth. In America, everyone is you are on your own. In Nigeria it is easy to get an helping hand if you have strong family ties. You own your life, you get to decide. But from a Christian perspective, it would be best to practice celibacy since you stated that one of the reason was that your sexual preference is same sex. I saw that you or someone quoted Jesus when he talked about people being born eunuchs. If you believe that you are born gay, then practice celibacy like Jesus said, many people do it. Don't mind all those people calling you a sinner, we are all sinners but there is a difference in rejoicing in sin and wanting to do away with sin. Some of them cursing you have probably practice one sexual immorality or the other. We all have urges or desires but that doesn't mean we act upon everything urge we get. In fact the bible even says it is better to be celibate because you have freedom from sexual impurity but if you can't control your sexual urge, get married, a lot of gay Christians marry opposite sex with the intention of following the bible. They didn't feel repressed because they were not forced and it was of their own doing. They eventually learned to love each other with sex being involved.

You may not be a believing Christian or might even be an atheist but I just didn't want some of these comments to give you the wrong impression of Christians or Christianity. Nigerians tend to talk from a cultural point of view and then wrongfully justify it with their religious beliefs through half truths or distortion. Either way good luck in life and God bless you. Peace.

Thank you smiley

I especially like the second paragraph of your post, and I'm definitely not new to such kinda people.

About being celibate, I understand you but that's a topic for another day. Let's just say I've been celibate for a while now...people always think it's all about sex with gay people. If that was so then it would be easy to switch to the opposite sex since its all about what you do in bed.

Meanwhile, trust me, those gay men that got married that have men that they keep around. Most, if not all.

Thanks for the post though. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
why u confused

I didn't understand what you were saying about the girl needing delivernce. From what? You said in a earlier post that he could stay in his father house as long as he needed because he is a man, so I asked you why can't a daughter stay in her father's house for as long as she needed?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2015
u no wen a lady is entering the age of 25 he shuld be getting set for marriage butr wen alady is more than 25 and 30 and he is still in his mother house house and he didnt even plan to get married he should go for a delivereance.... ask ur mom abt that.. she no better...
khiaa:

I didn't understand what you were saying about the girl needing delivernce. From what? You said in a earlier post that he could stay in his father house as long as he needed because he is a man, so I asked you why can't a daughter stay in her father's house for as long as she needed?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2015
SeanT10:
Op how do you feel screwing a man like you or are you the one being screwed? You don't know what u are missing. All these soft juices of a woman's breast and the wholesomeness of her shit box screwing you up down, up down you trade for a masculine stone like man. You need deliverance to enjoy life.

It's always about sex with you lots

smh

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by edwardjr: 7:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Dolemite:

If homosexuality is such a dangerous sin why did is there homosexuality in the animal kingdom? seriously you Christians should start reasoning.
then since lower animals r ur mentors den start 2 arrange ur mother,aunty n sister. Wisdom is a principal thing n u really need bro.!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 24, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
u no wen a lady is entering the age of 25 he shuld be getting set for marriage butr wen alady is more than 25 and 30 and he is still in his mother house house and he didnt even plan to get married he should go for a delivereance.... ask ur mom abt that.. she no better...

Do people with this kinda mentality still exist

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by thebigspock: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2015
masonkz:

Do people with this kinda mentality still exist

Errrr, clearly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.