Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48810 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
asuquo1982:
Your mum married to your father to have you as their son, and you make a decision to marry a man like you. When every body come to know this how will people regards your parents, or will they say your parents train you well ? Let me tell you whatever you think you are having now will gradually leads you to your doom. Repent and ask God for forgiveness for your GAY attitude. My God will help YOU.

CAPTAIN KING

Amen...
Oya now go siddon..
For ur mind now u go dey feel like say you don talk better thing..

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

So when do you intend on telling them about your lifestyle?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Opygee: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bro,your father should be happy that you moved out of the house,whats he thinking?what if you attack his joyfull stick(as a gay),or is he also?(Just asking ni o).....
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by bobisky(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
There is nothing wrong in having your own home,being gay is the problem.stop it and get a life cos it is a killer!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
Everything sounds normal until I saw g. ay.

It is not abnormal for a guy to leave his parents at 24. Even without a "corporate" job, all the guys I know left their parents immediately after school to source for better lives.

You don't have to leave your parents if you don't have a good reason. Leaving your parents to f. ck your fellow man is a dum b decision.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Bhella5(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
I noticed most gays are rich spoiled brats who have everything but a pure soul. The Bible call them 'The Damned'

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Missmossy(f): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
Is it about you leaving your parents house or your being gay? I just hope you realize yourself before its too late.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by ogawisdom(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
D story didn't add up well esp d part dt says u r 24 n ve worked in corporate world for 4yrs. U must ve graduated at 19yrs wink

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by percyoats(m): 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
I am 27, Working for two years now... I ain't in my fathers house but then am in my uncles... If u ask me, there is no difference... I guess if work environment where different, I'd still be in my Fathers house... Afteral, its his house, my house, our house... As long as it is not a liability to them or to me being there... I do not see a problem with that...

However... As soon as u feel u r able to cope by yourself financially, are planning to settle down , which i must say in ur own case in Nigeria... won't happen grin. Then I guess it's good u get your own place... for now... am still good...
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Mishydoo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
[size=13pt] MY friend a medical doctor was going psycho but he ddnt realize it.He just felt different,Special...he says he was chosen and felt our being opposed to his aberrant behavior was persecution.....

@Op,u sincerely think ur different,not ur fault...u jst arnt aware...

U HAVE HORMONAL IMBALANCE,ITS A MEDICAL CONDITION AND CAN BE TREATED....,d psychological component,wat u hv cm to accept is a FALSE REALITY.
SEEK HELP![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
ogawisdom:
D story didn't add up well esp d part dt says u r 24 n ve worked in corporate world for 4yrs. U must ve graduated at 19yrs wink

Apparently smiley
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 23, 2015
hmmm ur a gay? and ur proud of it
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by tushburg(m): 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
SO FAR U ARE NOT A LADY U CAN STAY IN UR FATHER HOUSE AS MANY YEARS U WISH #IS UR FATHER HOUSE# NOT ANY BODY HOUSE
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
Perhaps,you left not necessarily because of work but to explore your sexuality...
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
cutebobo:
did u get my notification on ur FS

on my FS how?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by tushburg(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
SO FAR U ARE NOT A LADY U CAN STAY IN UR FATHER HOUSE AS MANY YEARS U WISH #IS UR FATHER HOUSE# NOT ANY BODY HOUSE

guy he is being fvcked so he is still a girl

ogal u jus 1 tell us say u b gay we don hear oya...are you happy now
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Jossyroyal1: 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
RickRichards:
You're gay? Congrats.

Congrats indeed! this idea of being a gay just irritates me! How have things gone so wrong?

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Odkboy23(m): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
Atleast the op here is honest with himself and his sexuality,while some of the bashers here shouting repent, go to a pastor, being gay is demonic and abnormal are closeted gays, paedophiles,perverts and fornicators.......yeah being gay is not good but nobody chooses to be gay......

so before you throw stones know that sin whether big or small can get you to hell and ask yourself if you're better than him (op).

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Jossyroyal1: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
ogawisdom:
-Let's analyse together
-he is 24 and worked for 4years I.e 24_4=20
-He served for one year= 19 and he must have waited almost six month at home b4 goin for service....
So he graduated @ 18 got admitted at 14/... I'm sorry, i Can't agree much..

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jossyroyal1:

-Let's analyse together
-He served for one year= 19 and he must have waited almost six month at home b4 goin for service....

Lol are we now analysing when I graduated??

Oga, you don't need to wait 6months before service. Don't know what school you went to that does that. And no, I didn't attend a private school. And not, the strike didn't affect me much during my time. I left secondary school at 15 and got admission into uni immediately. Need I say more?

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by ceononi: 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?
You know when to leave when this happens:

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
OP, Satan is waiting for ur soul. After u must have spent 14yrs in prison, u will rot in hell!!!! i must REPORT u
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by duni04(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dammed OP and dammed thread. No one is born gay! You have chosen the path of stupîdity and damnation. Sorry for u undecided
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
babyosisi:

So when do you intend on telling them about your lifestyle?

Right now, dunno. I'm all about me and my career, and a stable relationship smiley

Maybe later in the future, maybe never. Maybe they'll find out themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
duni04:
Dammed OP and dammed thread. No one is born gay! You have chosen the path of stupîdity and damnation. Sorry for u undecided

Noted.

But that wasn't what the thread was asking for. Thanks anyway.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by goldfish80(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
There's no definite age a man should move out of his family house. After all, Jesus is 2035years old yet he still lives in his father's house.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by ogawisdom(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jossyroyal1:

-Let's analyse together

D story will only appeal to gullible minds bc its jst fiction
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Curvinus(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
EMEzzy:
Do you know who a eunuch is? Dont quote the Holy book wrongly.

Queer people have no sexual feelings for the opposite sex and no form of therapy or repentance can change this naturally endowed phenomenon. Nature is really diverse and this is how it has made them.

There used to be time when Blacks were a minority and were treated to the worst form of indignation because they were seen as less than humans.

women in the not too distant past also faced terrible discrimination which they overcame and are still overcoming in some remote places of this earth.

Now, gays are a minority and are being treated as the scum of the earth. In Russia, they are dragged to the streets, beaten and pissed on. They are being lynched in Uganda and Nigeria has made a law to keep them behind bars.

Please stop the discrimination against gays. They are humans like you and I and have a right to life.

Live and let live.

8 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by geepee11(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

i actually haven't told them about that yet, which is another reason I moved. I want to be at a safe zone when i do tell them eventually, and not be sent "parking".

i pity u Mr.Gay.......pele,hell waiting for you o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.