Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48801 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
geepee11:

i pity u Mr.Gay.......pele,hell waiting for you o!
Thank you. Nigeria is enough hell. If there's another, then such a God that made double hell doesn't deserve my worship wink

Thanks for your input though.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
ogawisdom:

D story will only appeal to gullible minds bc its jst fiction

To you it's fiction, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Curvinus(m): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
Mishydoo:
[size=13pt] MY friend a medical doctor was going psycho but he ddnt realize it.He just felt different,Special...he says he was chosen and felt our being opposed to his aberrant behavior was persecution.....

@Op,u sincerely think ur different,not ur fault...u jst arnt aware...

U HAVE HORMONAL IMBALANCE,ITS A MEDICAL CONDITION AND CAN BE TREATED....,d psychological component,wat u hv cm to accept is a FALSE REALITY.
SEEK HELP![/size]

So you know this and your medical doctor of a friemd didn't know it. Wow! Clap for yourself.

So have you gotten him some homonal therapy to finally man him up the way you want?

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by uzolexis(f): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
leshluap:
Jesus Christ our lord is over 2000years, yet he still lives in his father's house...............leave when u start feeling uncomfortable.

u killed me with this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by duni04(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
Curvinus:

Queer people have no sexual feelings for the opposite sex and no form of therapy or repentance can change this naturally endowed phenomenon. Nature is really diverse and this is how it has made them.

There used to be time when Blacks were a minority and were treated to the worst form of indignation because they were seen as less than humans.

women in the not too distant past also faced terrible discrimination which they overcame and are still overcoming in some remote places of this earth.

Now, gays are a minority and are being treated as the scum of the earth. In Russia, they are dragged to the streets, beaten and pissed on. They are being lynched in Uganda and Nigeria has made a law to keep them behind bars.

Please stop the discrimination against gays. They are humans like you and I and have a right to life.

Live and let live.
Don't write bout what you know nothing about! Best to shut d hell up

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
Curvinus:

Queer people have no sexual feelings for the opposite sex and no form of therapy or repentance can change this naturally endowed phenomenon. Nature is really diverse and this is how it has made them.

There used to be time when Blacks were a minority and were treated to the worst form of indignation because they were seen as less than humans.

women in the not too distant past also faced terrible discrimination which they overcame and are still overcoming in some remote places of this earth.

Now, gays are a minority and are being treated as the scum of the earth. In Russia, they are dragged to the streets, beaten and pissed on. They are being lynched in Uganda and Nigeria has made a law to keep them behind bars.

Please stop the discrimination against gays. They are humans like you and I and have a right to life.

Live and let live.
Believe me man im all for tolerance and live and let live,and in no way do i approve of how they are treated but im not for them coming out,i dont give 1 pound about what 2 lads do in a room,but coming out to potray it as good or as the next in thing is simply not right.
Besides eunuch as used in that verse refers to men who live without marrying not gays... I get this argument regularly at school and im having none of it,i dont care what they say about me. sadly some of my Nigerian brothers have had thier brains twisted.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Right now, dunno. I'm all about me and my career, and a stable relationship smiley

Maybe later in the future, maybe never. Maybe they'll find out themselves.

I think you should tell them yourself.
I speak as a mother.It won't be cool for your parents to learn of this anywhere else but from you
I can't tell you they'll be delighted though.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by gnykelly(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Uw sir. Infact I argued till I checked it up on google

I'm very interested. I looked it up in Wiktionary. it said 'matured' is pas participle of mature.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by richard870(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
TheWriter:

_
No shit, Sherlock!

U can kma!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Jossyroyal1: 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Lol are we now analysing when I graduated??

Oga, you don't need to wait 6months before service. Don't know what school you went to that does that. And no, I didn't attend a private school. And not, the strike didn't affect me much during my time. I left secondary school at 15 and got admission into uni immediately. Need I say more?

WELL NO NEED TO SAY MORE!

-BTW IF U REALLY WANT TO CHANGE UR SEXUALITY, THEN ALL U NEED TO DO IS VOTE FOR CHANGE COME SATURDAY! ITS SIMPLE AND WORKS LIKE MAJIC! ALSO I HAVE A COUPLE OF PRETTY AND LOVABLE FEMALE FRIENDS DAT WUD CATCH UR FANTASY! I DONT REALLY BUY D IDEA OF BEING A GAY

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Kirinwa: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Woged2005:
Once he becomes a 'Man'. Then the question is who is a 'Man'? Not all humans with 'ball's standing on two legs are men.

"And for this reason a 'Man' shall leave his mother and father and join his wife and they two shall become one"

How sure are we that you are a woman even with 2 pumpkins standing on your chest?

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kendrick9(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?
nonsense.. i stopped reading at the gay part... the reason u left ur parents house is because u will have the freedom of to bleep ur fellow guys.. so stop all this rubbish about work related and all that trash.
u should be ashamed of urself.nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Cant believe this made fp.God, for christ sake dis damn thread is misleading. First you are gay,its an offence in our country. Second u're asking us if ur parents are wrong or right...this is just too stupid of d op. Ur parents are ur God on earth,moreover how do u want us to judge without hearing their part of the story. Mehn u're...!!!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jossyroyal1:

WELL NO NEED TO SAY MORE!

-BTW IF U REALLY WANT TO CHANGE UR SEXUALITY, THEN ALL U NEED TO DO IS VOTE FOR CHANGE COME SATURDAY! ITS SIMPLE AND WORKS LIKE MAJIC! ALSO I HAVE A COUPLE OF PRETTY AND LOVABLE FEMALE FRIENDS DAT WUD CATCH UR FANTASY! I DONT REALLY BUY D IDEA OF BEING A GAY

Trust me, I have all the pretty girls I can ever need, as friends.

If there's one thing gay guys don't lack, it's female friends. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Mishydoo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
Curvinus:

So you know this and your medical doctor of a friemd didn't know it. Wow! Clap for yourself.

So have you gotten him some homonal therapy to finally man him up the way you want?

Sorry Bro,...but peeps with two-figured IQ dnt get to quote me. Else u expose ur ignorance.
#Aquire wisdom,den cm bk and Re-read my post.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
fabiaknow:
Cant believe this made fp.God, for christ sake dis damn thread is misleading. First you are gay,its an offence in our country. Second u're asking us if ur parents are wrong or right...this is just too stupid of d op. Ur parents are ur God on earth,moreover how do u want us to judge without hearing their part of the story. Mehn u're...!!!

The moderator changed the topic, not me.

My parents are my god on earth? Interesting. While I do agree with that on most levels, I still think some leash should be let loose at a certain point in time, especially for a guy.

They still remain my adorable parents of course.

Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kendrick9(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Woged2005:
Once he becomes a 'Man'. Then the question is who is a 'Man'? Not all humans with 'ball's standing on two legs are men.

"And for this reason a 'Man' shall leave his mother and father and join his wife and they two shall become one"
what an 1diot u are!

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Fourwinds: 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
sho. u mean boys dey tear ur Anus any how.??.

meanwhile., u are old enough to stay on ur own and take responsibility.
some of dese parents are funny.: shebi na because dem dey to see u till dis age(God forbid). supposing God has taken dem tru d other route will dey be conplaining dat u are living alone. u are a man not a lady

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kendrick9(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
EMEzzy:
Believe me man im all for tolerance and live and let live,and in no way do i approve of how they are treated but im not for them coming out,i dont give 1 pound about what 2 lads do in a room,but coming out to potray it as good or as the next in thing is simply not right.
Besides eunuch as used in that verse refers to men who live without marrying not gays... I get this argument regularly at school and im having none of it,i dont care what they say about me. sadly some of my Nigerian brothers have had thier brains twisted.
this.. u are spot on
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
kendrick9:
this.. u are spot on
Cheers mate.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by ikechukwu354(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

my guy not gay tho, but admire the courage tho it's useless in this type of country... buh its also gud u stay alone... creates more respect from ur parents... undecided
masonkz:

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

my guy not gay tho, but admire the courage tho it's useless in this type of country... buh its also gud u stay alone... creates more respect from ur parents...just saying tho

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Curvinus(m): 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
Mishydoo:

Sorry Bro,...but peeps with two-figured IQ dnt get to quote me. Else u expose ur ignorance.
#Aquire wisdom,den cm bk and Re-read my post.

Another low life masquerading as professor behind the keyboard. Well done Sir.

I see your high IQ tells you to call people names and type like a two-year old.

S.t.u.p.i.d wool.

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
GodMode:
When u have a salary that can pay rent, transport and feeding and you'll still have savings.

edited: YOU'RE GAAAAAY

Now this story is just another survey... Indirect way of getting reactions...

Why would you say that, Masonz has been on this website for years and has always confessed to being gay, this story has nothing to do with surveys or getting reactions.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by testament007: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
Amen and Amen
Deolaw:
I stopped reading it when I saw that you are gay. When you have repented come back to write more on ''best age to move out of your parents' house''.

God have mercy on you

God forgive you

God bless you

Amen!
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
Masonz, I moved out of my parents home when I was 20 with no regrets.
Enjoy your new found freedom. smiley

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
U CAN STILL GO BACK SO FAR IS UR FATHER HOUSE SO FAR U ARE NOT A LADY U CAN STAY IN UR FATHER HOUSE AS MANY YEARS U WISH #IS UR FR HOUSE# NOT ANY BODY HOUSEATHE

Why can't a girl stay in her parents home for as long as she needs to?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
I'm happy for you. Do you know how much I have wanted to have my own apartment. You really took a bold step. Keep it up. For the issue of being gay, I will advise you to try and date few ladies. If after dating these ladies and you still don't fancy ladies. Then continue being gay. I have seen a gay that has later discovered that he fancied ladies more. He later became straight. Goodluck!

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Venom104: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:
Masonz, I moved out of my parents home when I was 20 with no regrets.
Enjoy your new found freedom. smiley

any particular reason why?

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by tellmesome(f): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
I wonder how your parents will react or feel when they hear this, just every mother or father nightmare. May God help u to get out of this mess.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kboycrew: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Am gay my foot. After been sexualy exposed at a young age and getting tired of girls, all this rich spoilt kids that never had good home training but exposed to the gay nonsense when they were sent abroad alone with out parental guidance start telling them self they are gay.
Gay my foot. Did God create ur balls for nothing?
Now you ve the money. Your parents have the money but no joy. The rich also cry.
better look for a nice decent girl that can bring you out of your psychosis. How long do want to do the gay nonsense.
To All his fellow gay psychopaths I put it to you the female body is one of the best creations of God. If you are not attracted to it then you need a psychologist. Stupid children.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by GodMode: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

Why would you say that, Masonz has been on this website for years and has always confessed to being gay, this story has nothing to do with surveys or getting reactions.

Been gay is a crime against humanity...

I'm just knowing from your comment that he has since confessed about his deadly preference.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
kboycrew:
Am gay my foot. After been sexualy exposed at a young age and getting tired of girls, all this rich spoilt kids that never had good home training but exposed to the gay nonsense when they were sent abroad alone with out parental guidance start telling them self they are gay.
Gay my foot. Did God create ur balls for nothing?
Now you ve the money. Your parents have the money but no joy. The rich also cry.
better look for a nice decent girl that can bring you out of your psychosis. How long do want to do the gay nonsense.
To All his fellow gay psychopaths I put it to you the female body is one of the best creations of God. If you are not attracted to it then you need a psychologist. Stupid children.

grin grin grin

Is this your story? LMAO.

1. I'm not rich.. I've worked hard for every penny I've earned. My parents did same.
2. I never commot for naija grin
3. Sexual orientation goes beyond sex. I've actually been celibate for a while now. And yes, there are actually gay virgins. No one exposed me to whatever you're alluding to.

I could go on, but this isn't why i created this thread. Obviously your argument is flawed. have a good night rest.

wink

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.