Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48790 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

Why would you say that, Masonz has been on this website for years and has always confessed to being gay, this story has nothing to do with surveys or getting reactions.

Thank you Khiaa.

Surveys and reactions indeed. They've left the main issue put up to be looking for where there's no issue.

smh

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:
Masonz, I moved out of my parents home when I was 20 with no regrets.
Enjoy your new found freedom. smiley

That's great. No regrets so far from my end also, just the whole sadness of my parents regarding it all. I just hope they let it slide with time.

Hope you're doing fine gal kiss
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
ikechukwu354:

my guy not gay tho, but admire the courage tho it's useless in this type of country... buh its also gud u stay alone... creates more respect from ur parents...just saying tho

Thanks bro.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Ghoxt: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
I had to move out at 20, with nt to hold on to but a dream, didn't even know where I was going. Its funny that in less than a year I've been able to secure my own apartment and even help others.
I'm still working on that dream. Oluwa thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
babyosisi:

I think you should tell them yourself.
I speak as a mother.It won't be cool for your parents to learn of this anywhere else but from you
I can't tell you they'll be delighted though.

From the reactions of parents to certain conversations they must have held with their child/children, the child will either feel comfortable tabling his/her issues/fears/worries/excitements/plans, etc, or they'd rather back out and deal with it on their own. This has been the case with me and my parents.

Right now they don't seem to me like the understanding type, and while i'm not entirely concerned about it, I just wouldn't wanna cause too much commotion or bring that much attention to myself, before someone will blame me for giving them a heart attack. Abeg.

So, for now, I'm chilling.

I get your point though, and thanks for it. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
emmadejust:
there is never too early or late to move out from family home .....

but e bad say naa d money u start seeing at early age leads u to being gay.......

fame and fortune can be the destruction of some people life and destiny....

LMAO @ money making someone gay. grin grin grin
If you came into a large amount of money would you then turn gay?
lol grin Think before you post.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

Some comments are dead on arrival. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
GodMode:

Been gay is a crime against humanity...

I'm just knowing from your comment that he has since confessed about his deadly preference.

Ok, fair enough, if you didn't know, you didn't know. smiley

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Dolemite(f): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
Kolade354:
why will you be gay? There are some sin that cant destroy not only you but a whole nation. Repent and turn to a new leaf.

If homosexuality is such a dangerous sin why did is there homosexuality in the animal kingdom? seriously you Christians should start reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by diamondinyang(f): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
@ 75 because buhari is still living with his parent. lol
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
DesChyko:

Well, I have to say your presentation is quite complicated. The 'gay' part was unnecessary if actually your problem is with your parent's resistance. You drew attention to yourself instead and that is leading everyone to reflect on that 'unorthodox' element of you. That s by the way.
Naturally, every parent should be proud of their 'millionaire' son at such a cute age. Your progress should be their joy. However, since they're being negative about your decision, it may stem from the following guesses.
1. They probably don't believe you have enough cash to live alone yet.
2. They probably don't trust your decision-making yet. Review your activities while living with them.
3. You probably have unfulfilled obligations/responsibilities towards siblings or themselves and you are 'running out of reach' already.
4. They think you need a partner to help you manage or a family to 'utilize' the finances (before the tough times come, they fear)

About the marriage part, it would seem you aren't interested in the opposite sex (yet?). Don't expect any favours or consideration when you finally break the ice. Expect NONE at all. If you get some, just take it as a plus. But before you do, put your HOME in order since you're financially equipped. Make sure the needs of your siblings especially are not straining your parents. They may cut you off when you tell them you're (hehehehe).

Wish you luck! You need lots of itgrin

Thank you. Well, the gay part was seriously also one of the reasons I moved out..so I had to put it all in.

1. Yes they may feel so, but at what point does someone start having "enough" cash? "Enough" is relative, which is highly dependent on the savings culture of the person in question, in comparison to the spending. I feel I even spent more when I was still with them. Now I can save better knowing I'm totally on my own. Not like I've been the type to ask for help anyway.

2. Actually they do, and this may be one of the reasons they don't want me out. Even my elder siblings come to me to seek advice on some occassions. I've always been the "go-to" person in the family.

3. Yes I do understand that I have obligations, family-wise, but nothing stops me from fulfilling those obligations from wherever I am. Even people living abroad still help their relatives back home when in need.

4. Sorry I don't understand your last point.

5. I'm not sexually interested in the opposite sex. As usual with gay people who have been pressured into marriage by their families (whether they know about their sexuality or not), and who still go to see their BFs behind the wife's back, I may be pressured into marriage...but I'm just not thinking about that now. A lot of things to achieve before then.

Thanks a lot for the input though smiley

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by GodMode: 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

Ok, fair enough, if you didn't know, you didn't know. smiley

Doesn't make a difference... Now I know and it's out of place...

Cos NL has started promoting gay threads...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by GodMode: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dolemite:

If homosexuality is such a dangerous sin why did is there homosexuality in the animal kingdom? seriously you Christians should start reasoning.

What animal kingdom

I'm atheist... Homosexuality is a crime against humanity... Its worse than sin...

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

That's great. No regrets so far from my end also, just the whole sadness of my parents regarding it all. I just hope they let it slide with time.

Hope you're doing fine gal kiss

Don't worry about the sadness, all parents who love their children react the same way, they miss you right now but with time they will get over it.
Invite them over for Sunday dinners, or make sure they see you atleast once a week, make those phone calls 2 or 3 times a week, not every day because the goal is to get them independent of you much like getting a baby independent of his bottle, I'm sure you get the picture. smiley Let them know that you love them and you needed to make this move for your personal growth and it has nothing to do with them.
By the way, I'm doing fine.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

Don't worry about the sadness, all parents who love their children react the same way, they miss you right now but with time they will get over it.
Invite them over for Sunday dinners, or make sure they see you atleast once a week, make those phone calls 2 or 3 times a week, not every day because the goal is to get them independent of you much like getting a baby independent of his bottle, I'm sure you get the picture. smiley Let them know that you love them and you needed to make this move for your presonal growth and it has nothing to do with them.

Finally the most reasonable comment. Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss

Definitely gonna start applying this.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Jfrezzy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Am just Surprise,why no one is talking about u been gay,I stayed in England 4 Yrs. I still don't get why people I mean humans wanna do something God don't want ,or go opposite . Go to U village and tell them U gay,U hit a man in his anus.. I don't know what to say just try using the next hospital 4 mad people. U sick
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jfrezzy:
Am just Surprise,why no one is talking about u been gay,I stayed in England 4 Yrs. I still don't get why people I mean humans wanna do something God don't want ,or go opposite . Go to U village and tell them U gay,U hit a man in his anus.. I don't know what to say just try using the next hospital 4 mad people. U sick

Next!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by emmadejust(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

is that what you understand about my message?

what my msg mean is that the little touch of cash he started handling at early age without morality guidance, self discipline, fear of God, and psychological directions in what will fit his future personality , lead him to being gay.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by itsMrIke(m): 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
Oh Nigerians, my people.
Why are we so ignorant? So he said he is Gay! Kini big deal?? All of you who are criticizing him are no better. Some of you are even quoting scriptures, like you lead exemplary religious lives.
Oh please shut up you lots!!!
Mason, please quit worrying about your parents, you are a young man and on the right track. You must learn to say NO to them, and stand by your NO. Your parents will come around surely.

7 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by itsMrIke(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
emmadejust:

what my msg mean is that the little touch of cash he started handling at early age without morality guidance, self discipline, fear of God, and psychological directions in what will fit his future personality , lead him to being gay.

You must be an ignoramus. Moronic statements like this actually churns my stomach.

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
emmadejust:

And you assumed all these from what i narrated. you know nothing about me. So leave it that way and either focus on the questions I asked, or leave the thread. Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
emmadejust:

Your message is still foul, I don't care how much money a person makes at a young age, I repeat, MONEY DOES NOT MAKE A PERSON GAY!!!
Now you are disrespecting his parents insinuating that they brought him up with the lack of moral guidance, self discipline, The fear of God, and you got all of this from one paragraph that he wrote.
YOU DO NOT KNOW HIM!!

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
See comments,as expected grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by edwardjr: 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
u need deliverance 4rm ur feelings...change d words u hear,the way u think n hw u feel(emotions). I knw d real u is nt gay...
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
Op
U mean to say guy or gay?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by hidee20(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
guy just reduce the number of bulala available to our female folks by one and denial one or more girl(s) happy-ever-afterangry angry cool
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by prissyluv(f): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

i actually haven't told them about that yet, which is another reason I moved. I want to be at a safe zone when i do tell them eventually, and not be sent "parking".

Do you need to tell them that you are gay? You sure know it will drain them. Why not use this space and retrace your steps.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by hidee20(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
guy just reduce the number of bulala available to our female folks by one and denies one or more girl(s) happy-ever-afterangry angry cool
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Finally the most reasonable comment. Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss

Definitely gonna start applying this.

You are most welcome. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 11:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
hidee20:
guy just reduce the number of bulala available to our female folks by one and denies one or more girl(s) happy-ever-afterangry angry cool

And how many millons of men are there in Nigeria?
With so many men I'm sure there will be no woman left behind. smiley
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by khiaa(f): 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jfrezzy:

Read the title of the topic and continue from there.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Woged2005:
Once he becomes a 'Man'. Then the question is who is a 'Man'? Not all humans with 'ball's standing on two legs are men.

"And for this reason a 'Man' shall leave his mother and father and join his wife and they two shall become one"
By wife do you mean another feminine guy? Last I checked, this dude is GAY and proud of it.... @ OP, praying for you to have yet one more acheivement........ To begin to love to have "female women"... The dick is meant to go into the veejay(entry point) and not the a-hole(exit point)...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.