Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian (43111 Views)

Integrity Made PMB Strong At 70,corruption Made GEJ Weak At 50(photo) / 5 Major Reason That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian / The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Acidosis(m): 6:29am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by ritze(m): 6:29am On Apr 02, 2015
GboyegaD:
I think 2, 3, 4, and 5 nailed it. Crossing the boss in my opinion shouldn't be seen as a reason why he lost the election.

Crossing the boss 'is'..In Nigeria you shouldnt make some mistakes politically,especially obasanjo.

Ask gbenga daniel,Ghali Na'abba,..
Atiku is finished politicaly because of 'crossing the boss'.
Jonathan goofed big time.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by arthurflex(m): 6:30am On Apr 02, 2015
My girlfriend said she's pregnant and up till now she haven't said April Fool, anyway am still waiting, April never finish!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:31am On Apr 02, 2015
NighttWalker:
Berem deactivated her account now that APC won Presidential election? Something really really fishy's going on
Is this the topic of discussion?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2015
-
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by cococandy(f): 6:32am On Apr 02, 2015
In summary he refused to be one of the regular puppeteered Nigerian politicians who still answer to some few people who think only them can decide what happens to Nigeria.

Playing fair was also anti-Nigerian. So much for change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by tosingcfr(m): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote Goodluck Jonathan has earned the dubious distinction of
being the first president in Nigerian history to lose an
election. In many ways,[/quote]The intro nawa o
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Wisdytech(m): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Am speechless, but its so real
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by buJu234: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Hey u forgot the immigration recruitment scam done by the govt...

I think corruption and destroying his own platform (PDP) caused more damage to him than the boko haram mess. .

He lost votes that would've made him from PDP controlled states like kaduna benue etc.

So its not the SW that caused his downfall but his poor administration and his party members revolting against him (which he caused)

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Acidosis(m): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
baby124:
Corruption
Nepotism and impunity
Tribalism
Lack of jobs, which made more people have time for election.
Hunger in the land
Social Media

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by PAINGAIN: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Pls remove obj from dat list. That man was the worst president nigeria ever had. That the election was fair wasn't enuf reason jona was voted out. IMO,the only reason is that the south west gave buhari their votes. And we all know why.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by thefakestan: 6:34am On Apr 02, 2015
In my opinion

1.GEJ is a minority.

2. The Majority. Failed him.

3. He was too good.

4. He saw the future of the baboons and dogs getting soaked in blood and he conceeded

5. Was not assertive enough

6. He was rigged by APC and Jega with fake PVC distribution figures and, better planning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by cococandy(f): 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Bifwoli:
GEJ lost simply bcoz the muslims wanted "one of their own" and not bcoz of all that hogwash.

GEJ did pretty well in all areas given the circumstance

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Omooba77: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
One day,history will judge all men!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by InvertedHammer: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
/
GEJ benefited a few NDeltans. That doesn't mean the NDeltans benefited from his presidency. Why the clamour for presidency? Because SS/SE erroneously believed that a son-of-the-soil would approach governance with equity considering the long noted neglect of these regions post the civil war. GEJ did not do Jack for them. I drove from Bayelsa to Benin...very disheartening!
With exception of the quasi-international airport in Enugu, there is no.evidence of federal presence in the East. It was all promises. Surprisingly the dude came back with more promises and the Igbo people unconditionally rigged for him. Beat me once, shame on you; beat me twice, shame on me. And he beat the Igbo multiple times. They kept voting him and expecting different result. Only a fool will do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Failure has no.ethnic boundaries. GEJ's presidency did not achieve anything for the SS/SE regions. As such was an effort in futility. I dare say that it is a colossal failure.
Enugu-Osha and Yenogoa-Benin expressways are pointers to GEJ's failure. Q.E.D

/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by tony9k: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Jonathan may have lost the election but he has emerged as one of Nigeria's prime statesmen. He did what Buhari did not do in the ast elections that he lost and OBJ through his dubious 3rd term agenda. GEJ's name will be written in gold in the annals of electoral reform in Nigeria. I hope GMB will do the same in the event that he loses in 2019. We need to commend GEJ.

However the is not the first time an incumbent is conceding election in Africa. Our close neighbour Ghana did it sone years back when Koffor was defeated by less than 25,000 votes by the opposition. Ghana also showed a first when Rawlings anointed candidate was defeated by the opposition when he handed over after some 15 or so years.

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2015
Most of us here believe GEJ was outsmarted out of power but in hindsight it does not appear that way to me. GEJ had seen all these from months, possibly years ago.

Looking at the bigger picture, his loss my eventually be a blessing to us all in the long run. The streets would once again have been flowing with blood if he had won. I agree he made certain unforgivable mistakes he made, but over shining the boss wasn't one of them. OBJ and co survive of attention, and would do anything to appear perpetually relevant in the scheme of things.

If GEJ was desperate for power, he would have saved Jega years ago.

Let's all thank God all happened the way they happened. To me, GEJ appears a fulfilled man!
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by DollyParton1(f): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2015
GboyegaD:
I think 2, 3, 4, and 5 nailed it. Crossing the boss in my opinion shouldn't be seen as a reason why he lost the election.
You need to study the political aftermath of those who had ever crossed Obj . They become politically useless.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2015
Omooba77:
One day,history will judge all men!

And that judgement shall be swift and brutal.

Whatever it is, let's over one dear!

God bless you!
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by justi4jesu(f): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2015
Thats all for now, I'm sick and tired of hearing and reading all these please. angry smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

You need to study the political aftermath of those who had ever crossed Obj . They become politically useless.

How long shall we continue with that?
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by InvertedHammer: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2015
tony9k:
Jonathan may have lost the election but he has emerged as one of Nigeria's prime statesmen. He did what Buhari did not do in the ast elections that he lost and OBJ through his dubious 3rd term agenda. GEJ's name will be written in gold in the annals of electoral reform in Nigeria. I hope GMB will do the same in the event that he loses in 2019. We need to commend GEJ.

However the is not the first time an incumbent is conceding election in Africa. Our close neighbour Ghana did it sone years back when Koffor was defeated by less than 25,000 votes by the opposition. Ghana also showed a first when Rawlings anointed candidate was defeated by the opposition when he handed over after some 15 or so years.

God bless Nigeria
/
What GEJ did was in his best interest. If he fights the election, he may lose it all including his life. People are angry. The Northerners have been looking for excuses to strike and such would have been a convenient excuse.

With a video evidence of Patience inciting violence against agents of change, Gbagbo's treatment would not have been far fetched.

The worst fight is fighting against everyone. Just about anyone that matters locally and internationally were against GEJ especially on the issue of Chibok girls. He would have stood no chance. His advisers did a good job this time. No more committees on committees ad infinitum.

Good riddance to rubbish. Being a good man does not equate to being a good leader.This is politics. There are no permanent friends but permanent interests. If GEJ wants to appear friendly without the permanent interests of Nigerians, then he is a very bad leader. Q.E.D. Leadership is not a morality or friendship contest.
/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by DollyParton1(f): 6:44am On Apr 02, 2015
dearpreye:

O
How long shall we continue with that?

Bottom line; don't bite the hands that feed you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by mensdept: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
cococandy:
In summary he refused to be one of the regular puppeteered Nigerian politicians who still answer to some few people who think only them can decide what happens to Nigeria.
Playing fair was also anti-Nigerian. So much for change

EXACTO

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by jaytee01(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
GEJ benefited a few NDeltans. That doesn't mean the NDeltans benefited from his presidency. Why the clamour for presidency? Because SS/SE erroneously believed that a son-of-the-soil would approach governance with equity considering the long noted neglect of these regions post the civil war. GEJ did not do Jack for them. I drove from Bayelsa to Benin...very disheartening!
With exception of the quasi-international airport in Enugu, there is no.evidence of federal presence in the East. It was all promises. Surprisingly the dude came back with more promises and the Igbo people unconditionally rigged for him. Beat me once, shame on you; beat me twice, shame on me. And he beat the Igbo multiple times. They kept voting him and expecting different result. Only a fool will do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Failure has no.ethnic boundaries. GEJ's presidency did not achieve anything for the SS/SE regions. As such was an effort in futility. I dare say that it is a colossal failure.
Enugu-Osha and Yenogoa-Benin expressways are pointers to GEJ's failure. Q.E.D

/
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by FEROH: 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Are you guys not ok with his been fair? Anyway human beings can never be pleased. Even if Buhari start dashing everybody money every morning, people will still complain.
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by goksongold(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
I believe he lost because he's too soft and can't decide on his own. GEJ is not stiff, he's not rugged, he is surrounded by daft politicians. Nevertheless I respect him for conceding defeat.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by kristisking(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
I don't agree with all the points.The main reason while GEJ lost was due the crises in PDP.Even many of the PDP governors in the north are indirectly romancing with APC,that's why many of them couldn't deliver for GEJ.Another point is,are we saying 2015 election was not rigged?APC systematically rigged the election in the north.I have my PVC but could't vote.INEC also played a role with the way PVC's were not fairly distributed.My parents couldn't trace their PVC' so were disefranchised.You see,INEC knew what they did.
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by danla44(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
CLUELESSNESS AND IDIOT WIFE AS FIRST LADY.
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by nniero(f): 6:48am On Apr 02, 2015
I see Jonathan as a weakling right from the begining...He is not capable of making his own decision and taking his ground, bt easily succumbs to the negative influences of the bag eggs in his Party. Mind you,a weakling cannot rule this country of ours peacefully for long
Re: 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian by Bevista: 6:48am On Apr 02, 2015
Redoil:
All thanks to gej the hero of our time who in all honesty and humilty chose not to rig the election as it was been done by OBJ and tinubu so that nigeria will not divide. Yet the gworo chewing master and their perpetual slaves still voted him out. Cramjones ur gurlfriend berem has deactivated her account what about you old troll
He did rig the elections, as evident from the results in SS & SE. I am from Akwa Ibom, so I know what I saw. Else why are there wild celebrations in Uyo and PH after GMB was declared winner. Right now in Uyo, APC has enveloped the air.

TeamGEJ permutations were just wrong. Losing massively in PDP controlled states in the north like Jigawa, Niger, Bauchi, Benue, etc is something they didn't anticipate and therefore prepare for. They thought they would at least get 40-50% of votes there to add to the massively rigged results from south.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North / Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order / Zuriel Oduwole With US Top Executives - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.