Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (49550 Views)

Okorocha To Imo Women: Circumcise Your Daughter And Go To Jail / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Guy, just shut up. You've got nothing to say.

Tell me who the most prominent Yoruba in this present government, since 2011 is. Isn't it the minister of agriculture, Adesina? Yorubas had an option of producing the Speaker of HoR in the person of Mulikat Akande, but sacrificed it to a NWer, Tambuwal on the altar of strengthening the opposition. Did it affect anything in Yoruba land?
David Mark has been Senate President since 2007. Of what benefit has it been to Benue people?
Is Ngige the best man for the post of Senate President? What does he know about Senate? 4 years in Senate, yet he never sponsored any bill.

You said Igbos hate everybody, then you are a novice. PDP was started mainly by top northern and Igbo politicians. In PDP, there was a partial alliance between the north and south, while Yorubas were in the opposition. So because the Yoruba opposition is now in the mainstream, we won't hear? Lemme ask you, if GEJ had conducted the kind of election Obj conducted in 2007 and won again, what would have been the lot of Yorubas till 2019?

You simply know nothing about Igbos. You are terribly an ignoramus. If Igbos hate other regions, how come they settle down in any part of the country (or world) wherever they find themselves, and help develop other regions? How come Igbos build houses, even mansions in every state in this country, yet you rarely find people from any other tribe buying a barrow of sand in Igbo land, not to talk of building anything.

Igbos are bad in politics, yet two Igbos will become federal reps in Lagos as from June.

No Igbo man has been president? Even if we agree that Zik was only a ceremonial president, was Maj Gen Aguiyi Ironsi, the first military head of state, a Yoruba man?
How many Yorubas have ruled Nigeria save for Obj? Yet according to you, other regions are taking turns. And what did Obj's presidency achieve for Yorubas? What did GEJ's presidency achieve for Bayelsans? Igbos know how to achieve their potentials even without government support and input. The first indigenous automobile manufacturing industry was built by an Igbo man. We don't need the crappy senate president.

Northerners will always cheat southerners because of their sheer massive population and their unity. In PDP, they were the ones in power, even under GEJ. But because the president is from the minority, they deserted the party and teamed up with Yorubas in APC. If PDP wins again tomorrow, you will see them back in PDP in massive numbers. At the end, they gain while southerners lose, cos whichever direction it goes, they will still have control.

Please just keep your useless talks to yourself. We don't need it.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Leez(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bashirfuntua:

http://www.punchng.com/news/ndigbo-may-not-produce-next-senate-president-okorocha/
Onya bu anu ofia
So because u dy do boy boy for dem abokee and Yoruba Yoruba all biafrans should follow suit??
You are indeed a big disgrace
I will vote for jonathan again and again
Under his govt we had a voice
Enjoy your"change"
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by cecegorz(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ymodulus:
Ethnic sentiments made the igbos take the step they did.

The closest Igbo man to the incoming Government is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa.

Lets break down things to see how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn’t override their pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President. That’s what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn’t going to
win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

Lets not gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, they are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Their answer is ? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn’t do this or Yorubas didn’t do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won’t stop until they learn to coexist with others instead of our ‘better than thou’ attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. They are not better than anyone.

Igbos don’t like the Hausas and same igbos don’t like the Yorubas, yet they populate their States in search for livelihood.

They should let their politics mirror their economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That’s being ungrateful.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate the igbos from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria’s political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because they are realizing that they were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they? Anyone home? The ohameze group is a disgrace and must be wiped off for the igbos to move ahead
j

You know that wisdom is justified of her children right?
Now tell me what development the senate presidency of Evan Ewerem and Chuba Okadigbo brought to the South East. I bet you didn't know they are Igbos?
Ken Nnamani's heroic moment was that he nailed the coffin on OBJ's third term bid, apart from that, what did his Senate presidency deliver to the Igbos? And if you argue that their tenures were short lived, David Mark had done 2 tenures as senate president, you want to talk to your friend in Benue to reel out massive developments there?
Asides the office holder's family and his cronies, nothing else comes to the community. Today's politicians across the land has turned the public office to an avenue for enrichment, that's what we need to change, and not particularly where the holder of the position comes from.
APC was voted by Nigerians. period.
If they want to develope the country, let's see their nationwide martial plan, and not these blind arguments about Igbo senate president.
Even the North that has been holding both civilian and Millitary leadership since independence, have you ever been to the North?, can you wish the level of poverty and backwardness over there to your enemy?
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by PhockPhockMan: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
danjumakolo:

And you will continue to be second fiddle in Nigeria politics.Imagine a major tribe going to support a minority tribe against two other major tribes.

If you.guys continue like this with your myopic way of politics,I am afraid.
We're not afraid to play second fiddle because we're used to it. But I can tell you without mincing word that we prefer to play second fiddle in wider Nigerian politics than to become KING in Tinubu's SLAVEDOM.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Adekorya:

We all knw Ojukwu planted this hatred in all of u.

In 2011 all Yoruba leaders supported Jonathan, despite Gen. Obasanjo old age he was following Jonathan to all part of the nation during his campaign to rally up support for him. But it seems ur memory for that is no more available.

More also, Tinubu dumped
is GEJ igbo?
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by PhockPhockMan: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
fujirice:

1 billion likes for you. Hold this same election tomorrow, my people will still vote their choice and we are prepared to live with the consequences. He should worry more about his re-election than talking trash about Igbo senate president. The one they held for 8 years what was the come?
God bless.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by greall12(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
WE IMOLITE WILL VOTE FOR OKOROCHA NOTHING GO HAPPEN.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by fujirice: 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
emmysoftyou:
why not rochas,
the same thing they said against the president elect,
And today he is the president.
Listen girl? Whether yu like it or not,
When the time come?
Rochas might be selected cos he has been representing igbo for president since 1999 when
he lost the primary election in favour of obasanjo,

So keep that hatred to ya ursef,cos if rochas becomes majority of igbo selection in the east,west and north,
Yu can't stop himmm ..
Rochas never contested with obasanjo in the same party.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by zendy: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rochas is a funny man. This one person who doesn't undertand the politics of his people. The only time he ever won elections in Nigeria was when he joined an Igbo based party only to run to his Hausa/Yoruba friends in APC. Rochas is a drowning man. There is nothing wrong with being in the opposition from time to time,nobody wins them all. Rochas must be kicked out of Government house in 8 days!! We don't need Janjaw££dians in Igboland!! APC is not for the south-east!! Ask Ngige if you don't believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by emmysoftyou: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
fujirice:

Rochas never contested with obasanjo in the same party.
excuse me.....

I said primary election...

Primary election....sad

Durrllled
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Mr educator, You are very foolish for saying that Igbos has not produced a president in Nigeria, I don't know if it was Hausas or Yorubas that gave us the first president of Nigeria under ceremonial or first military head of state that paved the way for people like Buhari to emulate.

Fool,before you say something, read the history of Nigeria...Ewu Asaba.

Seriously though he is an Asaba man, Igbo man, but have lived north almost all his life.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Orikinla:
Whatever haters like, they can say and whine about, but Owelle Rochas Okorocha has always been an achiever even before he became governor of Imo State and he is the best governor of Imo State since the creation of the state and a winner with the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Can anyone mention anything that his opponents have done to improve the quality of lives in Imo State?
If you cannot mention anything outstanding his opponents have done, then it is childish and foolish not to support Owelle Rochas Okorocha.
He is not Mr. Perfect, but he has proved that he is a great architect of progress and success and a nation builder.
What we need most in Nigeria are nation builders and not title chasers of the desperate PDP.
then sam mbakwe came from the moon?
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ifysimple(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
BrokenTV:
This people should cut this crap of senate or whatever, We Igbo's have made our stand and don't regret. It is a decision we took and ready to do it again, we owe nobody apology, we are not complaining. I am tired of seeing people opening baseless thread about the Igbo and senate president.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by fujirice: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
emmysoftyou:
excuse me.....

I said primary election...

Primary election....sad

Durrllled
Which year biko? Bc I remember OBJ vs Ekwueme in 2003. So, where did Rochas come in? I know of Yar' Adua vs Rochas 2007 not Obj
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ebugreat: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
upon say u dey respond, u still dey market ur goods. original ndi igbo i hail ooooooo cheesy

My broda naxo, but I will like us to stop all this blame game and focus on how to build unity.... Until we are united, dis country can Neva prosper....

United we stand...
United we shall conquer..
United we move forward....

God bless Nigeria...

Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser for sale @ N1300
We deliver anywhere in Nigeria..
Call: 08061197484
BBm: 52D60F31
https://www.nairaland.com/2235111/cheap-automatic-toothpaste-dispenser

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ogene007: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
What advantage does an Igbo Senate President confer on the average Igbo person? What Nigerians want to see, whether Hausa,Igbo,Yoruba, is a government that abides by the 1999 constitution, and commits to the restructuring of the country along the lines of fiscal federalism. We should go beyond this feeling of euphoria that 'our brother' is there. Okorocha should concern himself more with what is about to happen to his position as governor, come April 11th.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by InvertedHammer: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Last I checked, Yoruba stayed last four years without being president, vice president, Senate president or deputy, Speaker or deputy, yet nobody called them fools and they not only survived, they emerged stronger.
We're happy to fight for our survival without being parasites.
/
If you know the meaning "parasites", you will know that you used it out of context.

Igbo people should stop protecting friends but protect their interests.

Rule of Thumb: Not everyone that professes to be your friend have your interest at heart. Let their actions speak for them. It is like someone with a very low self-esteem who will take anyone as a friend. Such people tend to remain in unhealthy relationships. When you think about that, think about the Igbo people in the contemporary Nigerian politics.
/
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by kodlins(f): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
LastProphet:

Have u ever seen yorubas behave foolishly the way your people just did?

Stfu!! There is something called choice and standing for what you believe in. You can never be straight forward.

Something your people don't have in their DNA.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Aegon(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
stayblack:
THE IGBOS OR SE OR MEND OR MASSOB ETC...BUYABLE AND CHEAP COMMODITIES...
The way Jonah bought the Yoruba and Opc and Afenifere and their Obas in 2011. The way Abdusalam bought over yoruba elders and Obas after killing MKO. The way babangida bought over Lateef Jakande to betray Awolowo. Awolowo and Dele Giwa eventually met their Hausa Fulani inspired deaths albeit untimely. Don't let me give you a crash course in Yoruba history, we might even revisit Afonja and Ilorin. Idiota.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ymodulus:

Am sorry to say, but am sure am not foolish. Just imagine you couldn't read my article well before replying.

OK let me point this out to you, I said

lol! Man read before you reply and be very slow to anger, your post has anger written all over it. The truth they say is bitter.

One Love.

The Igbo nation does not need the presidency to survive,only those power mongers that can't stay without the national cake. Get your fricky skull together, once a president is always a president.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by BABANGBALI: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.
he don't?what is he don't?abeg mama peace don dey go o,make you follow am
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ruggedboy01: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Adekorya:

We all knw Ojukwu planted this hatred in all of u.

In 2011 all Yoruba leaders supported Jonathan, despite Gen. Obasanjo old age he was following Jonathan to all part of the nation during his campaign to rally up support for him. But it seems ur memory for that is no more available.

More also, Tinubu dumped
my comment has nothing to do with ur quote angry
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ruggedboy01: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
KingTom:

How is the erosion? undecided
the erosion is being controlled....... Now get lost angry
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Adekorya: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
meccuno:
is GEJ igbo?

I'm not saying He's igbo or not

But he's d prefer candidate 4 d SS/SE
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Aegon(m): 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
LastProphet:

In 2011 one mulikat akande was denied the post of speaker by HER OWN PEOPLE. she was already in the house all she needed was support from her kinsmen but the slaves in their typical historical manner ceeded it to one Fulani man called Tambuwal to the dismay of the whole country and the rest is history.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Aegon(m): 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
LastProphet:

In 2011 one mulikat akande was denied the post of speaker by HER OWN PEOPLE. she was already in the house all she needed was support from her kinsmen but the slaves in their typical historical manner ceeded it to one Fulani man called Tambuwal to the dismay of the whole country and the rest is history. You want to do tribalism right? be my guest.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
teufelein:
absolutely tosh, igbos are not interested in the zoological republic of nigeria rather more or less will start a devastating war this year 2015 that'll consume the zoo nigeria and bring the zoo nigeria, which btw is an abode of black baboons, to end. the zoo must be destroyed this year, 2015. the fight, we promise those black monkeys and baboons aka nigerians, will not be fought classically with conventional warfare strategy, plan and logistic, it's a war that will see its ultimate end max. 3 months latest....you watch and see!

ps: [size=13pt]mallam okoroawusa is not speaking for great Biafrans, he's not a full fledge igboman[/size]

By the time we are through with this gathering of monkeys and baboons where a terrorist will tell you that you are dogs and baboons and he will soak you in your own blood if you don't put him in power.

Zoological republic is coming to an end this year.

Okorocha is a bastard Fulani man building mosques in the heart of Biafra land, abomination. He is a goner and we will boot him out of Biafraland, we don't want unrepentant contaminated blood here.

He is after his own glory and pocket, just like all politicians in this glorified zoo, same with Ogbonnaya Onu, and that fool from Ebonyi same as Amaechi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Chigold101(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.
my brother thank you so very much. We made our choice & we have no regret about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Leez(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
For who? ihediora right? of a truth majority of igbo people re parochial & thoughtless.
Still better than your cowardly and slave tribe
Yeeeroba slave to malos since time immemorial
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by akomst: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ymodulus:
Ethnic sentiments made the igbos take the step they did.

The closest Igbo man to the incoming Government is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa.

Lets break down things to see how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn’t override their pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President. That’s what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn’t going to
win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

Lets not gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, they are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Their answer is ? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn’t do this or Yorubas didn’t do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won’t stop until they learn to coexist with others instead of our ‘better than thou’ attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. They are not better than anyone.

Igbos don’t like the Hausas and same igbos don’t like the Yorubas, yet they populate their States in search for livelihood.

They should let their politics mirror their economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That’s being ungrateful.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate the igbos from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria’s political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because they are realizing that they were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they? Anyone home? The ohameze group is a disgrace and must be wiped off for the igbos to move ahead

You've said it all. The painful thing is how they (Igbo) will turn around to blame everyone else for their isolation, forgetting their bigotry and miscalculations. I hate it when Igbos cry marginalization. And they cry a lot.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by dumodust(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
olassy239:
.igbos don't av common sense,in fact they are totally senseless in all aspect of live except. money ritual
And you're very hot, sophisticated and good with your queen's english cheesy grin
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Adekorya: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
kodlins:

Stfu!! There is something called choice and standing for what you believe in. You can never be straight forward.

Something your people don't have in their DNA.

Whao! So its in ur DNA to stand for failure even though u knw it?

I'm nt surprise though cos it was once done during the time of Barnabas and Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Confirms Plane Crash Near Kaduna International Airport / Federal Revenue Allocation: Five Highest And Lowest Paid States / Dakuku, Magnus Abe, Teargased At INEC Office - Naij.com

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.