Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (49538 Views)

Okorocha To Imo Women: Circumcise Your Daughter And Go To Jail / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Sibrah: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
NwaforAbia:
Rocha is very right. He, Dr. Ogbonna ONU, Dr. Chris Ngige fought a good fight. I respect them a lot. We Igbos are already with Buhari but some of our greedy rulers prevented that to be seen.
My big question is, why is it that the Igbos always have their opinion overridden by few selfish leaders? During the subsidy struggle I noticed same pattern there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
XBLadez:

God bless you for being bold and courageous. Never mind those chameleons who claim they're Igbo only when they have something to benefit. We're wise, we decide for ourselves and refuse to follow the crowd
You ppl are looser and u will continue to loose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Okorocha, u are not Ibo. Leave us alone, go and stay with ur Hausa brothers.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
oluspencer:

Igbo who voted against Apc in lagos are ungrateful. That government created a good atmosphere for you de
...why do we have to be grateful? What is the primary function of a governor?? I don't get ur point...is lagos a country in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
ebugreat:

Mr. Man watch your mouth on how you accuse the igbos, who told you we are too sentimental.. Let assume a yoruba man was the PDP presidential candidate with a northerner as vice and apc have buhari and rochas as dere candidate, will u still vote for buhari? Also u are quick to forget d hausas in d core North ... Who vote along ethnic /religion line abi? Mr. Man remove d log in ur eyes b4 u try to remove other people's own... NIGERIA IS NOT UNITED...

God bless Nigeria...
God bless the Igbos
God bless the hausas
God bless the yorubas
God bless sai buhari.....

Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser for sale @ N1300
We deliver anywhere in Nigeria..
Call: 08061197484
BBm: 52D60F31
https://www.nairaland.com/2235111/cheap-automatic-toothpaste-dispenser
upon say u dey respond, u still dey market ur goods. original ndi igbo i hail ooooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.

And you will continue to be second fiddle in Nigeria politics.Imagine a major tribe going to support a minority tribe against two other major tribes.

If you.guys continue like this with your myopic way of politics,I am afraid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Adekorya: 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
We all knw Ojukwu planted this hatred in all of u.

In 2011, all Yoruba leaders supported Jonathan, despite Gen. Obasanjo old age he was following Jonathan to all part of the nation during his campaign to rally up support for him. But it seems ur memory for that is no more available.

More also, Tinubu dumped his party Presidential candidate (Ribadu) to support Jonathan wish we all know.

If u can all remember vividly, all southwest states supported Jonathan and also voted for him, except Osun state.

Our Support for Gen. Buhari has nothing to Do with tribalism.

U pple shld be the one to 4gt ur past and move forward.

Ojukwu's legacy will surely live on in all of u just exactly the way same Awolowo's legacy will in ours.

Our decision to support Buhari which will all did with our PVC has nothing to do with tribalism but a mere political reason.

After six years Jonathan failed to live up to our expectations. And u still expect us to support him? Of course No! We want nothing but progress for this nation.

And for all of u that are saying southwest supported Buhari because of Osinbajo, I think u r all wrong and at the same tym u past memory is not responding. Because in 2011 Buhari picked one of the respected pastor ( more respected and popular than Osinbajo ) in the zone as his running mate, yet we did not support him. Which is enough for u SS/SE to understand that our decision has nothing to do with tribalism.

Some Ndigbo won house rep seat in Lagos in just concluded election, and u all av the mouth to say we are tribalistic in Nature.

You hate us, but still we allow u to strife in our state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by tunnamaniah(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ymodulus:
Ethnic sentiments made the igbos take the step they did.

The closest Igbo man to the incoming Government is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa.

Lets break down things to see how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn’t override their pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President. That’s what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn’t going to
win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

Lets not gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, they are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Their answer is ? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn’t do this or Yorubas didn’t do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won’t stop until they learn to coexist with others instead of our ‘better than thou’ attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. They are not better than anyone.

Igbos don’t like the Hausas and same igbos don’t like the Yorubas, yet they populate their States in search for livelihood.

They should let their politics mirror their economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That’s being ungrateful.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate the igbos from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria’s political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because they are realizing that they were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they? Anyone home? The ohameze group is a disgrace and must be wiped off for the igbos to move ahead
thumbs up bro
nd let me add dis, right from independence, the south has only produced 3 president/head of state
obasanjo, shonekan, jonathan

which brings d question, where did d destruction of nigeria started from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by okeyumez(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Igbos are the most confused people in Nigeria when it comes to politics. Their arrogance has no rival. The igbos always claim to be wise but in reality they are the most foolish people in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
All this "ndigbo" nonsense. As if an Igbo senator will do anything for anyone apart from himself and his immediate family plus a few connected associates. The ordinary Igbo man on the street is always ignored so what's the point? Same applies to other ethnic groups.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
GentleToks:

Keep deluding yourself with this self surviving and developing bullshit......

If you are truly surviving on your own, untarred all the state and federal roads and build yours, all the power plants around you in the East should be relocated some where else in the country so that Igbo could build their own power plant, leave all federal and state jobs to create your own, stop feasting on other region limited resources while it's only Easterners enjoying their own region, why can't you build second river niger bridge if truly you can do things on your own etc

Why have u been crying of marginalisation right from independence?
u should have let the igbos leave in 1967.....its not by force
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
slap1:
I guess he still has the hangover from being referred to as the leader of The Igbo Nation by some myopic publication.

You should know that Nigeria has change.we are no longer in the era of old chiefs like ohaneze.Rochas has said the truth.The better you had worken up for the reality of the modern world,the better

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by InvertedHammer: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.
/
You made your choice known, clear and simple just like a man who goes to a gun fight with a knife.

This is politics. At the end who loses? The ones who marginalize themselves and keep crying "marginalization".
\

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
quincie:
Some post here abt Okorosha got me smillin. ME ND U knw d truth that this man is the best governor in east right now or wil u compare him to T. ORJI? Go to abia nd u wul knw wat am sayin, Bt mind u indigbos if he looses gubernitoria, Ministerial appointment is waitin for him, i even pray he loose cos naija as a whole wil need him instead of bunch of ingrate in the east...
there are 5 states in the east......so rochas is better than anambra state gov? Or enugu state gov? Where do yoÙ get you stats from?
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by emmysoftyou: 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
XBLadez:

It can be anybody but not Rochas, quote me. And I have no sentiments about this
why not rochas,
the same thing they said against the president elect,
And today he is the president.
Listen girl? Whether yu like it or not,
When the time come?
Rochas might be selected cos he has been representing igbo for president since 1999 when
he lost the primary election in favour of obasanjo,

So keep that hatred to ya ursef,cos if rochas becomes majority of igbo selection in the east,west and north,
Yu can't stop himmm ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Orikinla(m): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
Whatever haters like, they can say and whine about, but Owelle Rochas Okorocha has always been an achiever even before he became governor of Imo State and he is the best governor of Imo State since the creation of the state and a winner with the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Can anyone mention anything that his opponents have done to improve the quality of lives in Imo State?
If you cannot mention anything outstanding his opponents have done, then it is childish and foolish not to support Owelle Rochas Okorocha.
He is not Mr. Perfect, but he has proved that he is a great architect of progress and success and a nation builder.
What we need most in Nigeria are nation builders and not title chasers of the desperate PDP.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Prince2Peace: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ymodulus:
Ethnic sentiments made the igbos take the step they did.

The closest Igbo man to the incoming Government is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa.

Lets break down things to see how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn’t override their pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President. That’s what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn’t going to
win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

Lets not gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, they are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Their answer is ? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn’t do this or Yorubas didn’t do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won’t stop until they learn to coexist with others instead of our ‘better than thou’ attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. They are not better than anyone.

Igbos don’t like the Hausas and same igbos don’t like the Yorubas, yet they populate their States in search for livelihood.

They should let their politics mirror their economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That’s being ungrateful.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate the igbos from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria’s political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because they are realizing that they were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they? Anyone home? The ohameze group is a disgrace and must be wiped off for the igbos to move ahead
My bros you have a Good Brain,thank you.Can i copy the write-up to my facebook page to teach them?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by TheMadame(f): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
raumdeuter:
Na because of people like Okorocha and Ngige na him go make Ibos get opportunity small

Shooting themselves in the foot.
They have no APC Senator,so how can they get the senate presidency?
The North central may be rewarded with that position. George Akume,a loyal party man should be a good choice.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
boladeen:

U still neva learn that age is just a number? If a 90year old man can give Nigeria the height she needs. Am gona cast my vote for him 1mil time. The SA hero mandela was a 70+years old wen he led south africa after been released from prison so wft ! Are u now saying? If a man as old as dat age led SA to wia she is now why can't bhuari?. Get used to it man.
Lolz.....always using nelson mandela as an excuse to justify an already battered point.......tell us the sacrifices GMB made for Nigeria?? Apart from jailing and killing innocent people.......guess the people who removed him have finally compensated him......wonder when Nigerians would open our eyes and see the big picture......u think your vote was what made the difference? Please oh!
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
The obsession some people have for the Igbo tribe will kill them. I ve lived in all geopolitical zones of this country and I am yet to see any region that resort to self help in developing rural infrastructure as the SE. GMB was voted Nigeria president and not APC president. Let him ignore Igbo contribution to Nigeria development at his own peril.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by NTUEGBE(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Muhammed okorocha stop embarrasin us plz, you should know that u av finished ur political carea in the christian republic of biafra, better u go nd seek 4refuge at the arab world (ewu)
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by internetpirate: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
You are very correct! The challenge was not greed; however, it was not entirely ethnic sentiment...Rather, it was a blend of religious and ethnic sentiments in a ratio of 60:40.

All the Igbos I know we're not induced with cash to vote Jonathan; they all felt that the Islamic and Northern hegemony shouldn't be allowed to hold sway. Some churches even preached it!

Another subset of Igbos felt it was time to heal the wound purportedly caused by the Igbo on the Southeastern Minorities (now known as South-south) by showing unalloyed support.

In my opinion, it was an amalgam of these three sentiments. That's not to say that career politicians did not profit from these sentiments and did not show their rapacity!

GboyegaD:
I wouldn't agree it is greed. If he says our ethnic sentiments in Nigeria, he would be right. Hopefully,they will get there next time. By the way, how does been Senate President or otherwise make one push favorable bills for his/her constituency?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by teufelein(f): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
absolutely tosh, igbos are not interested in the zoological republic of nigeria rather more or less will start a devastating war this year 2015 that'll consume the zoo nigeria and bring the zoo nigeria, which btw is an abode of black baboons, to end. the zoo must be destroyed this year, 2015. the fight, we promise those black monkeys and baboons aka nigerians, will not be fought classically with conventional warfare strategy, plan and logistic, it's a war that will see its ultimate end max. 3 months latest....you watch and see!

ps: [size=13pt]mallam okoroawusa is not speaking for great Biafrans, he's not a full fledge igboman[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rotimi47:
he calculated & knew Jonathan can never win even with the whole south east & south south votes combined & i t happened but look at how the South West voted likewise the North: they left sentiment s & tribalism but the igbo people kept holding to the past. Their brother truncated democracy & killed Amadu bello, Sarduna, Akintola & that Edo leader okotiebo while Azikwe was fortold & he fleed without telling his fellow politicians but nobody held that against them, even when the coup plottes were overpowered in a counter coup Irosi failed to execute them which lead to a northern coup which lead to his death & that of the Yoruba military leader who begged that he should not be killed but since they insisted he ask them to kill him with him because he was his guest, what a sacrifice. They did more harm to Nigeria than any other Tribe but Okorocha have let the past go so that we can all move forward.
Nobody held that against them?? Like seriously?? When I read statements like these I just shake my head......I guess u live in the U.S...
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by PhockPhockMan: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You made your choice known, clear and simple just like a man who goes to a gun fight with a knife.

This is politics. At the end who loses? The ones who marginalize themselves and keep crying "marginalization".
\
Last I checked, Yoruba stayed last four years without being president, vice president, Senate president or deputy, Speaker or deputy, yet nobody called them fools and they not only survived, they emerged stronger.
We're happy to fight for our survival without being parasites.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by emmysoftyou: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
quincie:
Some post here abt Okorosha got me smillin. ME ND U knw d truth that this man is the best governor in east right now or wil u compare him to T. ORJI? Go to abia nd u wul knw wat am sayin, Bt mind yu ndigbos if he looses gubernatorial,Ministerial appointment is awaiting for him , i even pray he loose cos naija as a whole wil need him instead of bunch of ingrate in the east...
bro 1000likes..
Is like all dis PDP don't get it,if he looses gubernatorial election,ministerial appointment awaits him..
Pls keep telling them cos I ve begin to accept that some pple in the east don't understand
how politics plays its cards..

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by internetpirate: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Making a blanket assessment of a multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-faceted group of people is the height of ignorance, foolishness and stupidity. You can assess yourself by this barometer.

okeyumez:
Igbos are the most confused people in Nigeria when it comes to politics. Their arrogance has no rival. The igbos always claim to be wise but in reality they are the most foolish people in Nigeria.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
fareed69:
Thank GOD for my race

If I come to this world I will always Love and Pray to be a Yoruba.
Were we respect elders and take everyone as Equal.
Thank you Father.
I hope when you come back, there would be oil to share around and still be a country called Nigeria......because it would be OYO for you....

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Igbo people re too sentimental, yet they want d North & South west 2 support them 4 president in Nigeria. its impossible abeg. foolish people.
I guess your father annd mother @ home are both foolish and stupid....

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by emmysoftyou: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
OnyeIbo:
Okorocha, u are not Ibo. Leave us alone, go and stay with ur Hausa brothers.
can u give us the link or evidence that prove that okorocha is not igbo
I guess yu re the one who doesn't know the different btw igbo and ibo

Pls stop spelling igbo as ibo,
We re igbo and not ibo undecided

Cos okorocha is more of igbo than ibo...cool
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by meccuno: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Igbo people re too sentimental, yet they want d North & South west 2 support them 4 president in Nigeria. its impossible abeg. foolish people.
I guess your father annd mother @ home are both foolish and stupid....for not giving you proper training......if all what they taught you was to generalise and insult a whole tribe then am sorry for your future....and that of your kids...
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by fujirice: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

MUMU GOVERNOR.
1 billion likes for you. Hold this same election tomorrow, my people will still vote their choice and we are prepared to live with the consequences. He should worry more about his re-election than talking trash about Igbo senate president. The one they held for 8 years what was the come?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: IPOB, ESN Beat Lady, Others In Enugu / Captain Mbene Matute, Cameroon's Most Senior Soldier Killed In Boko Haram Battle / President Buhari Smiling And Full Of Life In New Photos In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.