Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC (46272 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by bigmo1(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Abia State gov sacked all non-Abia igbos from the state civil service yet we didn't hear this much noise. All this silly igbos and their groups kept quiet. U guys should just shut up or face the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by olaniyanc: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:

Nobody will bow to your useless oba!! And please why have we not seen or heard from your mumu oba since this whole wahala started, or is he scared to show his face......

Bastard. Uncultured guys. You don't talk to an elder like that. Yoruba people always respect elders. It does not matter who you are.When you are in Rome you behave like a Roman.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My Igbo brothers & sisters still angry at the recent utterances from the Oba of Lagos should read this. He has indirectly apologised through another monarch and I think this should suffice. I believe he does not want to do this himself so as not to be seen as weak by his subjects and this is understandable.

Please let us accept this proxy apology and move on. Let there be peace and God bless us all.

In another development, some Yoruba monarchs asked Igbo people to forgive the Oba adding that Yoruba and Igbo will continue living peacefully side by side.

The Yoruba traditional rulers made their position known yesterday as they hosted Igbo leaders from different parts of Lagos, Vanguard provides.

Oba Kayode Akinyemi, the Alabirun of Ikare, speaking on behalf of seven other Obas, insisted that Akiolu’s statement, which generated many angry reactions, should be seen as a slip of the tongue.

Gordian Dimojiaku, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, said he had been present at the meeting when the Oba made the comment. Dimojiaku noted that the speaker did not mean any harm to Igbo.

http://www.naij.com/417718-nigerian-security-taking-action-on-oba-akiolu.html

Lmao.My igbo brothers don already pay money send go China for life vest grin

My people really won sell this life vest. cheesy
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by klevjey: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2015
paulolee:
it's a waste of time and money coz wi are in a country wr some Peps ar above d law....
If someone contested n won d general election without his waec results, how much more dis small case...
d Oba wunt even better present in court on dt day n deY wud adjourn d case till Jesus comes...

who told u that? jona just kept things lying low..if not, GMB yansh for dey hot now
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Boss13: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2015
arttysticfyngaz:
THe is y I so much respect the Oba of Benin. That dude had earned the respect of His subject to the fullest.

Respect is reciprocal. The Oba of Lagos just lowered His personality for all and sundry to throw insults at Him.

It unfortunate! His threat is Socially unacceptable, morally unthinkable, ethically regrettable and legally contestable. The last, being the reason for this tread.

That statements is a glowing splint of fire waiting for fuel... you could either be fanning the flames or quenching it.

Be warned!

The Oba of Benin is the only true monarch respected by the British and the only kingdom, the British did not compromise. Unfortunately, the Oba of Benin is the owner of Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by klevjey: 11:46am On Apr 09, 2015
olaniyanc:

Bastard. Uncultured guys. You don't talk to an elder like that. Yoruba people always respect elders. It does not matter who you are.When you are in Rome you behave like a Roman.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma guy LAGOS IS A NO-MAN'S LAND

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by 2kris(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2015
kelch19:
Hmmmmm.... This issue is now getting to sometin else... Let us allow peace abeg...
i dis agree with u bro...such should nt be tolerated in a democratic setting even military i can not be heard of.......for me the ibos are too quit,had it been it were the hausas that satement was directed to conflict for don start for diz country,this is the chance for the igbos to show the world that the are not push over....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Boss13: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My Igbo brothers & sisters still angry at the recent utterances from the Oba of Lagos should read this. He has indirectly apologised through another monarch and I think this should suffice. I believe he does not want to do this himself so as not to be seen as weak by his subjects and this is understandable.

Please let us accept this proxy apology and move on. Let there be peace and God bless us all.

In another development, some Yoruba monarchs asked Igbo people to forgive the Oba adding that Yoruba and Igbo will continue living peacefully side by side.

The Yoruba traditional rulers made their position known yesterday as they hosted Igbo leaders from different parts of Lagos, Vanguard provides.

Oba Kayode Akinyemi, the Alabirun of Ikare, speaking on behalf of seven other Obas, insisted that Akiolu’s statement, which generated many angry reactions, should be seen as a slip of the tongue.

Gordian Dimojiaku, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, said he had been present at the meeting when the Oba made the comment. Dimojiaku noted that the speaker did not mean any harm to Igbo.

http://www.naij.com/417718-nigerian-security-taking-action-on-oba-akiolu.html

He should humble himself and apologize. That would earn him more respect. Enough importance has been attributed to an irrelevant man, who adds nothing to the scheme of things. My concerns are the OPC ignorant thugs who are still hoodwink to the Oba for bread else, I would laugh at his threat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ooshinibos: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
kelch19:
Hmmmmm.... This issue is now getting to sometin else... Let us allow peace abeg...
why is it so hard for the oba of Lagos to retract his statement or apologize

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Guyman02: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Toks2008:

Sometimes i wonder how foolishly sturbborn some people can be.

The Oba has said He was quoted out of context
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE REASONABLE

Sorry, the Oba has said nothing, it was somebody who claimed he was speaking for the Palace that came out to first deny that the Oba said anything like that until the videos were posted online.
I agree the matter should not be over flogged but get your facts right.

Even the Pope who is believed to be infallible said he regretted a statement he made regarding Islam and the Byzantine emperor even though he didnt directly apologize but the Muslims said they accepted his comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ooshinibos: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
why is it so hard for the oba of Lagos to retract his statement or apologize ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Toks2008:

Sometimes i wonder how foolishly sturbborn some people can be.

The Oba has said He was quoted out of context

APC has disociated itself from the Oba

Tinubu had apologized and even explined in details how igbos hve been favoured by APC these 16yrs

Ambode has distant himself from the speech.

Wat else do they want?

Now look at this post implying that the Oba of Lagos is ...

The opc is now threatening fire on anyone that abuses the Oba.

look here friends,you cant abuse the oba as you abused Jonathan and i imploy all igbos to maintain a status quo bevause if trouble starts,they will pray to turn bavk the hands of time.BE WARNED

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE REASONABLE

U r completely stupid and very unreasonable; what stops akiolu from issuing an apology to ndigbo? Even when tinubu and co have done that? Is he too big or arrogaant to tender an apology to ndigbo?? Akiolu is not even on the same level as the obi of ontisha and yet he thinks he can talk shiit

His case has gone to the NHRC and will definitely end up in hague cos I have a very personal interest in this matter; just watch as ur silly oba will end up sharing a cell room with charles taylor and gbagbo. Ignoramus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by shollex52(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
grin
.Oenomaus....lolz, wat a striking resemblance
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by saiji: 11:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:
The Award For the Most F00LISH Monarch in Nigeria Goes To ................................................................

OBA AKIOLU ....THE OBA OF LAGOS.

You lack manner and home training. i can blame you cos you people have no respect for leaders , baba and your Mama at hom.......... IDIOT Animal

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Boss13:

Inciting Violence and War. Alleged act to commit genocide and if there is actually a genocide, inciting ethnic cleansing and genocide.

grin grin grin grin O mowe sha - You sabi book

The word alleged is enough to throw out your case. May be Nigel Farage ( if at all you know him) should have been taking to the Haque too for similar offence or Sarkozy for evicting the gypys in France
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Boss13: 11:51am On Apr 09, 2015
ooshinibos:
why is it so hard for the oba of Lagos to retract his statement or apologize ?

Because he is ignorant and foolish. It cause him nothing but earn him more respect. However, as this matter drags on, his foolishness becomes clearer to the public

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by omonnakoda: 11:51am On Apr 09, 2015
Boss13:

The Oba of Benin is the only true monarch respected by the British and the only kingdom, the British did not compromise. Unfortunately, the Oba of Benin is the owner of Lagos.
People just come here to air their ignorance.To make all kinds of ridiculous assertions.The annoying thing is people assert falsehood with so much confidence.
The Benin Punitive Expedition to Benin led by the Brtish on 9 February 1897. The city was sacked.looted and set ablaze . Much of what was stolen is now in the British Museum
The Oba was captured and taken to Calabar where he died. his palace was burnt. Is that is how the British show ?
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Don't you think it is okay already??
Over flogged issue, I am tired of it already.
I only responded to my friend's slang.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by BrOwnSuga3: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Me sef don dey pity for the Oba sef, abeg make una temper Juliet with Justin, biko onu
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2015
mideoti:
Give this guy a break for Pete's sake. Am not saying what he said was right.....i consider it as an absolutely ridiculous statement coming from a person of high position in the Yoruba community
But all the same, an Oba is an Oba, treat him like one even if he doesn't deserve it.
........just saying

He doesn't deserve to be treated like an Oba , his callous statement can incite ethnic and tribal bigotry , let the Igbo heads pursue this matter to a conclusion , there is no room for tribal bias in Nigeria anymore

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by indeed123: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2015
lawanson44:
All these shameless yorubastard monarchs who will not leave the Igbos alone.

First it was Oba Adebukola Alli who raped Helen Okpara who was a corper serving in Osun state in 2012...

Now this useless mor.on Oba of Lagos threatening to kill Igbos by throwing them into the Lagoon.

Well, my neighbor whose brother resides in Onitsha was telling me that some guys in Onitsha most of whom were members of MASSOB have grouped themselves and targeted some yourubastard tailors and business people in Onitsha. They have agreed that for any body found in the Lagoon after April 11th and is identified to be that of an Igbo, 10 yorubastards will be fed to the crocodiles in the River Niger and their bones will be used in the construction the second Niger Bridge!

A stewpid fvcktard will just come out and open his smelly ewedu mouth to talk rubbish about the igbos! We shall see...

Enough is Enough!

Oloriburuku. Lagoon dey wait for you.

4 Likes

Oduduwaboy:

so what more do you guys want n'a? If you are that angry why not just leave Lagos & go to Umuahia ?

SO THAT YOU GUYS CAN PATRONIZE CHINA!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Cateyes07: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2015
driand:
Interesting but even as an igbo man here I know agbaje and Co are trying to capitalize on the big mouth of the the monarch, but in my opinion people should ignore the old man and vote ambode in Lagos for continuity in the governance of Lagos, now that Lagos has a chance to work together with the FG.
mobuch:

U r completely stupid and very unreasonable; what stops akiolu from issuing an apology to ndigbo? Even when tinubu and co have done that? Is he too big or arrogaant to tender an apology to ndigbo?? Akiolu is not even on the same level as the obi of ontisha and yet he thinks he can talk shiit

His case has gone to the NHRC and will definitely end up in hague cos I have a very personal interest in this matter; just watch as ur silly oba will end up sharing a cell room with charles taylor and gbagbo. Ignoramus.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Overstating your relevance. You want apology..that you won't get. If apology was enough to save the Oba then it doesn't appear to me that it's a serious case. It's a case of "mummy Nonso did not say sorry" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by benjsniper33: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok now:... grin
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by saiji: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
mobuch:

OKAY LET WAIT AND SEE .....ALL OF YOU IGBOS WILL NOT LEAVE TO SURVIVE THIS . IDIOT
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by babajero(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
driand:
Interesting but even as an igbo man here I know agbaje and Co are trying to capitalize on the big mouth of the the monarch, but in my opinion people should ignore the old man and vote ambode in Lagos for continuity in the governance of Lagos, now that Lagos has a chance to work together with the FG.
I doubt you are an Igbo man but if you are tthen you have became a tout, if apc is in fg doesnt mean everywhere everywhere should be apc with littttle or opposition think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Guyman02: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Boss13:

When the Oba of Benin wanted his subjects to vote for Oshiomole, he never did it openly nor threatened anybody, he only used proverbs about a man whose own son refused to repair his leaking roof and renovate his house but a boy from another community came and did the job for him and the man has a plate of food to give out, whom do you think he should give the food, the Oba asked, is it the boy who worked hard to fix his leaking roof and repair his house or his son just because he is his son.

Compare this statement above by the Oba of Benin and the one by the Oba of Lagos

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Sylvarresta(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2015
klevjey:

wasted sperm
ur father

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by 2kris(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Janet101:

U sound stupid
for abusing ur oba ,how treatend genocide abi,respect should be given to who ever deserve respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Boss13: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2015
belabela:

grin grin grin grin O mowe sha - You sabi book

The word alleged is enough to throw out your case. May be Nigel Farage ( if at all you know him) should have been taking to the Haque too for similar offence or Sarkozy for evicting the gypys in France

Well in the court of law, a criminal case lies on the onus of the accused to prove his innocence and not the state prosecutor. So the Oba will be battling to show that he is innocent. Well there is video evidence showing him inciting violence by condemning an ethnic group and stating that they would die in the Lagoon if they don't vote for his preferred candidate.

Chief, this case is big. The Oba does not need to do anything further, if 10 Igbos die after the election, he can be charge to court instantly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Oba is an idiott

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit / EndSARS: Rinu, Pamilerin, Gatefield's Bank Accounts Frozen By CBN / Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.