Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo (42413 Views)

Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / BREAKING: What Jimi Agbaje Tells Supporters Today / Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by creepsyme(f): 7:16am On Apr 10, 2015
Jimi is the man of the moment, he carries the charisma so he takes d day without struggle.

7 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by oyadeyi83: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2015
This tribalists now want to make Lagos their enclave............ We shall see. Its not your fault, its due to our oneness arm extended to you. I wonder what would happen if Eze Ndigbo is a first class Oba in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by hotwax: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Hausas are more than Igbo in Lagos state. No cause for Alarm...It is AVC[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by sokera: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
victors123:
Fredoom from slavery of Tiunbu all is families are in power he is controlling lagos as if is control his family!!!! Wakeup all lagosian !!! Who told u APC own lagos is alone God owns everytin I believe nothing God can't do VOTE JK!!! Lagos also need change like federal as change! let change continue to roll!!! 16 is enough give JK a chance!!! EKO O NI BA JE!!!!!
how is he controling Lagos ? You are just jealous because south- east could not produce a leader like him , 1000 years to come south east will never produce a man as intelligent and strong politically ... Never in the history of Igbos ... Tinubu giving Igbos headache before he was even born ...

7 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by alrahmanonline(m): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
MARK MY WORDS TODAY JIMMY WILL LOSE BECAUSE HE COUNTED ONLY ON IGBOS, MIND YOU, NO MATTER THE ANTICS NOT ALL IGBOS WILL VOTE FOR HIM, HE HAS FORGOTTEN THAT WE STILL HAVE A LOT TRIBES IN LAGOS, HE HAS UNDERESTIMATED THE VOTING POPULATIONS OF THE HAUSAS AND OTHER TRIBES,YES WE ALL ARE NOT HAPPY WE WHAT THE KING SAID BUT THE TRIBAL CAMPAIGN WON'T HELP HIM.. QUOTE ME,HE'LL LOOSE AND HE'LL CRY TO TRIBUNAL BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE COS HE DUG HIS OWN PIT..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Icekyng: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
princess1000:

True talk. That is why the igbos are losers.
confirm loosers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by braine(m): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
fromnigeria:
Chai!!! Ndigbo being used since the time of Azikiwe.
They've always been used. They amount to nothing. They say Yorubas are slaves of the North. I laugh. Useless people feeling important. I used to like Jimi, but now, he and the Igbos can go to hell.

8 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by efonat(m): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
Both parties depending on d igbos. Hmmmmmn that means igbos will rule lagos one day

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 10, 2015
Gone are the days when I believed so much in Agbaje but from his utterances this days, he can never have my vote. How can a well educated man like him allow himself to be used? Come Saturday, I pray he never wins.

8 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by subzidi: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2015
fromnigeria:
Chai!!! Ndigbo being used since the time of Azikiwe.
I wonder why my people are like this? Cutting the nose to spite the face!
Oba Akiolu is not an APC mouth piece so whatever utterance he made ought not be used against APC candidate! JK was same person who threatened Lagosians with OPC in order to support GEJ, so much hypocrisy! Bode George who happens to be his backer has cases to answer with EFCC to what makes us believe he wouldn't do worse if he were in Tinubu's positionPertinent questions to ask are what antecedents in terms of experience/performance do both candidates have?
At the end of the day Igbos are minority in Lagos, I even wonder why their votes are accorded undue importance!

8 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by chipy(f): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:

It's ok for ibos from Abia to become HOR members in Lagos but wrong for an Ondo man or Osun man, right?

Is Lagos no more a no man's land? But Ben Okorie your brother from Abia is contesting and no wahala with that.

You ibos are the most tribalistic and senseless animals alive.
Who open door for you, bingo? Oya enter cage, miserable old dog.

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by johnnychuks(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2015
all politicians should leave igbos out of dis trash, they should use another terms for campaning. for me i will vote for APC!

8 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2015
dodoniyi:
The Oba of Lagos has really done a good job for Jimi Agbaje. Note that while the Oba was making the alleged Igbo statements, the Igbo leaders were applauding him in the video and that should tell us that there is more to it. If I am correct, till now, none of the Igbo leaders who visited the Oba has come out to criticise or clarify what Oba really meant. Remember that this same is the related to Jimi Agbaje. Besides, after so much pleas from the APC Lagos and National leaders to enable this Oba to endorse Buhari's presidential candidacy during the presidential campaign, he (the Oban) stubbornly refused to endorse. Then how can the Oba become a spokesman for APC?
maybe you tore away the page of the newspaper where the Oba in no uncertain terms said 'he hand-picked Ambode'. Doesn't that explain the 'why' of that 'lagoon flimflam'.
Your inductive reasoning is a tad poor. No offense.
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by thunder74(m): 7:21am On Apr 10, 2015
The last time I checked, Agbaje is a Yoruba man why making it to look like he is an Igbo man. APC government knew they did not treat the Ibos well in Lagos with their policies, guess that was why they are threatened by their numbers.
Lesson:
Don't damage the ladder when going up because you may need it when coming down.

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=Billygee2u post=32545487]I see Lagos coming out from bondage ( tinubu hold) to freedom[/quote

Ya'll just shouting Tinubu ds Tinubu dat, Forget any sentiment that man is a success. Lagos is one of d most successful and independent state in d nation, thanks to them. Abeg tegan kor, Tinubu is a great man. Una fit go insyd lagoon kokanye

5 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by ElekeNtioba: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2015
APC gave Igbos only Two Commissioners in SIXTEEN YEARS. PDP gave Igbo and Urhobo three members of House of Reps in ONE DAY.

The difference is clear. JK is definitely OK

2 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by ziccoit: 7:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Jimi Agbaje should pray that he doesn't lose this Saturday election; if he does, he should kiss goodbye to his political future. The guy is too divisive. How can you join another tribe in fighting your people especially when the said tribe is just on vengeful mission.

9 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by vega84(m): 7:23am On Apr 10, 2015
If am a lagos resident I could hav voted fr this guy, is better thatn having another puppet controlled by tinubu, even thought Fashola did some great work in lagos bt I believe he could hav done more. If nt fr...#vegatalks
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by FRANCSCRIB: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2015
Animal talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Akshow: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2015
kristisking:
Ode!Oloriburuku,omo oshi

Apoda, nibo lo ti jawa?
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Waspy(m): 7:24am On Apr 10, 2015
[b]What a shame to these pple. To what end is this means??. ( albeit....lgbos are a marginal means to JKs personal end....all pun intended.....An antagonistic venture that had never favoured them.)

As if PDP took care of Igbos while in power. Does Obanikoro and Bode George seem like their brothers across the Niger??

JK throws while these losers go fetch.... A typical throw-dog-fetch, stick and carrot approach.

Igbos have long enjoyed being taken for a ride. A tool for any wise man who knows how to evoke their emotions by striking their friable ego. What a pple

To say JK is only canvassing for Outsiders vote is a sign of irresponsibility, a man who ignores his pple and the pple he wants to represent, for Outsiders who'll leave any moment. It shows JK is a loser.

Well, If he aligns with and identifies with the Igbos only ( leaving other visitor- tribes and his pple) and he feels they'll help him push towards the Lagoon.....then I wish him the trial at it.

Good riddance to the dogs [/b]

6 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Icekyng: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2015
braine:
They've always been used. They amount to nothing. They say Yorubas are slaves of the North. I laugh. Useless people feeling important. I used to like Jimi, but now, he and the Igbos can go to hell.
Igbo lacks it
what we call sense

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Diligence: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2015
By Kole Onikoyi

Why I Am Now For Jimi Agbaje: Former Ambode Supporter
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

I used to be a supporter of APC candidate Akinwunmi Ambode for the Lagos gubernatorial elections for 2015. My support was because of a personal liking for the man who smiled at me from all those posters and billboards. However, that has changed and I am now in the Jimi Agbaje’s PDP corner. You need to know why.

The first reason is that the APC will control the federal government from May 29. They will also be in the majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives. From my projections, it seems they will also win more governorship positions next Saturday.

I am very worried about the implications of such a super majority for the APC. I believe that every democracy needs strong opposition to really thrive. If the APC becomes such a super majority, I fear that they would begin to take Nigerians for granted the way the PDP did for so long. Since the APC will be the dominant party it would be a great thing for the PDP to control a large state like Lagos from where they can be the voice of the opposition. That does not stop the federal government and Gen. Buhari from doing positive projects for the state, unless the APC is saying that the FG it will lead will discriminate against non-APC states.

To be sincere are you not worried about how things are going to be with APC leader Bola Tinubu pulling weight in the centre and in Lagos as well? A man who ‘Financial Times’ recently called ‘Machiavelli’, who knows how to manipulate the media and divert resources for the extension of his personal fiefdom. We need a counter check for him and his party. So Agbaje should win.

Ambode as the APC candidate of APC has professional qualification and experience as an accountant. Jimi Agbaje on the other hand belongs to an entrepreneurship background where he has founded a company, excelled as the CEO and subsequently as director of JayKay Pharmacy. An accomplished pharmacist, he held several positions in the pharmaceutical union and has vied for the position of Governor of Lagos, no less than two times.

Ambode, just like Fashola is a product of the Jagaban school of the unknown. The recent documentary on Asiwaju Bola Tinubu makes me fear what the implications of voting Ambode is. Governor Fashola did well in his first term and I wondered what happened in his second term and I figured from what I saw about Tinubu in that documentary that Fashola may have refused to play ball. What if Ambode decides to play ball and gives in to Tinubu’s every whim? Then Lagosians will be in trouble.

In Lagos, the APC collects tax indiscriminately from traders, vocational workers, professionals etc. They collect money from the toll gates in Lekki which has proven to be bad business because they have paid up to 62billion on the Lekki-Epe Expressway road and the road is not halfway complete.

The APC regime has been very elitist, with Tinubu converting The General Hospital land into estate according to the documentary and backdating the Certificate of Occcupancy of Lagos State lands to claim ownership of land in Lagos anytime he wants. Even the land where the Ikeja Mall now belongs is for him- that land originally belonged to Lagos State.

The Lagos State Polytechnic land at Ikosi was converted for commercial use for TV continental and Radio continental. What sort of governance is that? We need to try someone else who will look at Tinubu and not be under any obligation for his sake. Besides Agbaje is not beholden to any godfather in the way Ambode is. People keep referring to Bode George as his godfather. I was surprised to hear recently from an Agbaje campaign staff that George has not contributed a dime to Agbaje’s campaign since he won his primary. He doesn’t even have such wealth like Tinubu to contribute as much. So on what basis Would Agbaje be his stooge?

It’s evident that we need a new lease of life in Lagos based on this message of change. Buhari was given benefit of doubt to ensure that things work well in Nigeria, we need to give Jimi Agbaje that opportunity. Jimi like General Buhari has been attempting to serve us and we need to consider that in this season of change. We need to be wary of people that are deliberately selected by godfathers that have the state on lockdown already.

Lastly, what finally made me conclude to vote Agbaje was the outburst of the Oba of Lagos. The Oba gathered Igbo leaders because of their support for Jonathan and their impending support for Agbaje and said that they will perish in the Lagoon if they vote the way they voted last Saturday – that is voting for Jonathan.

This is a free country. What sort of desperation will make a retired Assistant Inspector General of Police say that? In Nigeria when such happens, you should know that it’s more than the credibility of the candidate. It’s the benefit of the ruling elite which constitutes the Oba of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other APC stalwarts. It’s more than it meets the eye. I am a Yoruba man but I will vote Agbaje and make a point to the Oba that Nigeria is bigger than us all and we are one people.

Godfatherism has reached a great milking level in Lagos. We need an election of Jimi Agbaje to cut the milking of Lagos by godfathers and monarchs. Should Jimi Agbaje allow godfathers to rule him? We will vote him out in 2019 because our votes now count."

4 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by irishMO123(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2015
emusmith:

The Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has urged Igbo across the state to push the All Progressives Congress ‘into the lagoon’ by voting for him on Saturday.
Agbaje said this while addressing Igbo traders at the Alaba International Market on Thursday.

The PDP candidate urged them to ignore the threats made by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, that if they do not vote for the APC governorship candidate on Saturday, they would die in the lagoon.

“Nobody can push you into the Atlantic Ocean. Rather, you should use your votes to push the APC into the Atlantic Ocean by voting massively for the PDP on Saturday,” Agbaje said.
He urged the people to ignore the scare tactics being marshalled by the APC, saying, it was the antics of a drowning party.

Agbaje said, “Election is like a snake. You have to make sure you win by killing the snake completely by using your votes to drive the APC out of power. The reason why they are harassing you is because they fear Igbo votes. They will try to do ‘shakara’ for you but you must vote massively for the PDP and protect your votes.”

Agbaje, who was accompanied by his running mate, Alhaja Safuratu Abdulkarim; and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, said the APC had become arrogant because the party had been in power for too long.

He said, “In the last 16 years, the APC has been full of arrogance. This arrogance must end once and for all. Saturday is the time to say enough is enough."
Counselling the audience to eschew violence and refuse to be intimidated at the polling venue, Agbaje urged them to guard their votes.

He said, “God is on our side and power will change hands on Saturday and life will be better for you and your businesses. There will be no oppression again because this election is about freedom from bondage.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/push-apc-into-atlantic-ocean-agbaje-tells-igbo/
I still can't believe agbaje will actually use the igbo to win this election,this man u want to kill urself on now is a yoruba man,he doesn't care about u as it looks to be....vote wisely and leave sentiment,if u dnt pity urself pity ur lineage....I refused to be used
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by tbaba1234: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2015
vega84:
If am a lagos resident I could hav voted fr this guy, is better thatn having another puppet controlled by tinubu, even thought Fashola did some great work in lagos bt I believe he could hav done more. If nt fr...#vegatalks

Agbaje is coming in with bode george
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2015
ROCKJ1:
The man above me is writing gibberish.
my brother forget the man above u oo! He is clueless when jimi win on saturday his eyes will be clear! Let him be thEre sayin more rubbish! JiMI is our govornor!
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2015
bewla:
u or dead on the first push JIMI go manager ur to shops well when u have like 20 branch come back for our support then we go assist u freely let us first get what lagos deceive. but u to have said it Lagos can not avoid to be in opposition party now 2015 .y do u want to now go against your WORD are u not man of your word or na the tif tiff na him dey blind your face
I cannot for the life of me decipher what the guy above me is saying at all => and dem talk say at all at all na im worse pass!
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by nwachinemelu(m): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2015
Vote wisely

2 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:28am On Apr 10, 2015
Agbaje is silly. How can a governor who is contesting be insulting the yorubas (his own people). I tink its high time agbaje needs to be arrested if he cant apologise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Akshow: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2015
kristisking:
They are already in the ocean my governor?By the way,who owns Lagos?

olodo mumu Oshi. U don't even know how to punctuate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Alamieyeseigha's Family To Condole With Them (Pics) / Ummi Kano Attacked, Injured (Graphic Photos) / Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.