Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo (42403 Views)

Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / BREAKING: What Jimi Agbaje Tells Supporters Today / Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by queensenglish91: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2015
Jaypea98:
In a sane environ PDP shouldn't even be contemplating contesting for Lagos votes after abandoning and starving it of funds and allcations for.16years. But my fellow countrymen never cease to amase me with their actions.
PDP starved Lagos of funds? Are you serious? Have you conveniently forgotten that OBASANJO was the president? The same Obasanjo that is now a mentor to the APC. Come on.

4 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Tvegas(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2015
This man is trying his best to reap from Akiolu's slip up. Well Saturday isn't far away let's see how he becomes the governor. This is shameful . Ambo jare

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by habibabdul(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2015
emusmith:

The Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has urged Igbo across the state to push the All Progressives Congress ‘into the lagoon’ by voting for him on Saturday.
Agbaje said this while addressing Igbo traders at the Alaba International Market on Thursday.

The PDP candidate urged them to ignore the threats made by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, that if they do not vote for the APC governorship candidate on Saturday, they would die in the lagoon.

“Nobody can push you into the Atlantic Ocean. Rather, you should use your votes to push the APC into the Atlantic Ocean by voting massively for the PDP on Saturday,” Agbaje said.
He urged the people to ignore the scare tactics being marshalled by the APC, saying, it was the antics of a drowning party.

Agbaje said, “Election is like a snake. You have to make sure you win by killing the snake completely by using your votes to drive the APC out of power. The reason why they are harassing you is because they fear Igbo votes. They will try to do ‘shakara’ for you but you must vote massively for the PDP and protect your votes.”

Agbaje, who was accompanied by his running mate, Alhaja Safuratu Abdulkarim; and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, said the APC had become arrogant because the party had been in power for too long.

He said, “In the last 16 years, the APC has been full of arrogance. This arrogance must end once and for all. Saturday is the time to say enough is enough."
Counselling the audience to eschew violence and refuse to be intimidated at the polling venue, Agbaje urged them to guard their votes.

He said, “God is on our side and power will change hands on Saturday and life will be better for you and your businesses. There will be no oppression again because this election is about freedom from bondage.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/push-apc-into-atlantic-ocean-agbaje-tells-igbo/
Dear Lagosians, Yoruba,s are very decent and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos. We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU. But let ask ourselves one important question, WHY IS OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS? My answers are: 1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE. 2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH 3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN. 4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM 5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS, 1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED? 2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....? 3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST? 4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND? 5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS? My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war. God bless Odùdua Republic ,God bless my Igbo brothers, God bless Arewa Republic and other tribes.

3 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by muyex1(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Is it only igbo dat will vote in lagos, wat about odas, it means JK want to use igbo to achieve his aim, lagos consist many tribe wat did he hv 4 oda tribe, dat is question JK must ans
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by aristom(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Noted!! cool cool cool
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by sanc2s(f): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Igbos are the decider in lagos gubernitorial poll. They hav 46percent in population of lagos. Hausas are just 4percent. The remaining 50percent is Yoruba. The yorubas will be divided into 2. Some will vote ambode while d rest will vote agbaje. Anybody the igbos vote for is the winner. Unless its bin rigged

5 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by ayobami84: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2015
JK is ok, I pray he wins
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by maum: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2015
May these elections just come and pass. I'm tired of these statements from all sides and parties pitting Nigerians against Nigerians.
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Waspy(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Diligence:
Why I Am Now For Jimi Agbaje: Former Ambode Supporter

By Kole Onikoyi

"I used to be a supporter of APC candidate Akinwunmi Ambode for the Lagos gubernatorial elections for 2015. My support was because of a personal liking for the man who smiled at me from all those posters and billboards. However, that has changed and I am now in the Jimi Agbaje’s PDP corner. You need to know why.

The first reason is that the APC will control the federal government from May 29. They will also be in the majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives. From my projections, it seems they will also win more governorship positions next Saturday.

I am very worried about the implications of such a super majority for the APC. I believe that every democracy needs strong opposition to really thrive. If the APC becomes such a super majority, I fear that they would begin to take Nigerians for granted the way the PDP did for so long. Since the APC will be the dominant party it would be a great thing for the PDP to control a large state like Lagos from where they can be the voice of the opposition. That does not stop the federal government and Gen. Buhari from doing positive projects for the state, unless the APC is saying that the FG it will lead will discriminate against non-APC states.

To be sincere are you not worried about how things are going to be with APC leader Bola Tinubu pulling weight in the centre and in Lagos as well? A man who ‘Financial Times’ recently called ‘Machiavelli’, who knows how to manipulate the media and divert resources for the extension of his personal fiefdom. We need a counter check for him and his party. So Agbaje should win.

Ambode as the APC candidate of APC has professional qualification and experience as an accountant. Jimi Agbaje on the other hand belongs to an entrepreneurship background where he has founded a company, excelled as the CEO and subsequently as director of JayKay Pharmacy. An accomplished pharmacist, he held several positions in the pharmaceutical union and has vied for the position of Governor of Lagos, no less than two times.

Ambode, just like Fashola is a product of the Jagaban school of the unknown. The recent documentary on Asiwaju Bola Tinubu makes me fear what the implications of voting Ambode is. Governor Fashola did well in his first term and I wondered what happened in his second term and I figured from what I saw about Tinubu in that documentary that Fashola may have refused to play ball. What if Ambode decides to play ball and gives in to Tinubu’s every whim? Then Lagosians will be in trouble.

In Lagos, the APC collects tax indiscriminately from traders, vocational workers, professionals etc. They collect money from the toll gates in Lekki which has proven to be bad business because they have paid up to 62billion on the Lekki-Epe Expressway road and the road is not halfway complete.

The APC regime has been very elitist, with Tinubu converting The General Hospital land into estate according to the documentary and backdating the Certificate of Occcupancy of Lagos State lands to claim ownership of land in Lagos anytime he wants. Even the land where the Ikeja Mall now belongs is for him- that land originally belonged to Lagos State.

The Lagos State Polytechnic land at Ikosi was converted for commercial use for TV continental and Radio continental. What sort of governance is that? We need to try someone else who will look at Tinubu and not be under any obligation for his sake. Besides Agbaje is not beholden to any godfather in the way Ambode is. People keep referring to Bode George as his godfather. I was surprised to hear recently from an Agbaje campaign staff that George has not contributed a dime to Agbaje’s campaign since he won his primary. He doesn’t even have such wealth like Tinubu to contribute as much. So on what basis Would Agbaje be his stooge?

It’s evident that we need a new lease of life in Lagos based on this message of change. Buhari was given benefit of doubt to ensure that things work well in Nigeria, we need to give Jimi Agbaje that opportunity. Jimi like General Buhari has been attempting to serve us and we need to consider that in this season of change. We need to be wary of people that are deliberately selected by godfathers that have the state on lockdown already.

Lastly, what finally made me conclude to vote Agbaje was the outburst of the Oba of Lagos. The Oba gathered Igbo leaders because of their support for Jonathan and their impending support for Agbaje and said that they will perish in the Lagoon if they vote the way they voted last Saturday – that is voting for Jonathan.

This is a free country. What sort of desperation will make a retired Assistant Inspector General of Police say that? In Nigeria when such happens, you should know that it’s more than the credibility of the candidate. It’s the benefit of the ruling elite which constitutes the Oba of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other APC stalwarts. It’s more than it meets the eye. I am a Yoruba man but I will vote Agbaje and make a point to the Oba that Nigeria is bigger than us all and we are one people.

Godfatherism has reached a great milking level in Lagos. We need an election of Jimi Agbaje to cut the milking of Lagos by godfathers and monarchs. Should Jimi Agbaje allow godfathers to rule him? We will vote him out in 2019 because our votes now count."
Na Bode George be hin godfather....Pdp's claws in Lagos will be best imagined
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Sesandennis: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Ambode is to yoruba and _______ to the igbo? . lagos os meant for the yorubas and they will win.
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by marv1: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Jaypea98:
In a sane environ PDP shouldn't even be contemplating contesting for Lagos votes after abandoning and starving it of funds and allcations for.16years. But my fellow countrymen never cease to amase me with their actions.
. Thats not all. Do you know that GEJ (pdp) refused Lagosians when fasola broke d xpress divider to link road going to idimu, egbeda rather than going to iyana ipaja to make a u turn which takes more time in traffic. He even refused them to put traffic lights to make it effective. Lagos state govt has to revert to status-quo by blocking the xpress divider. This is making life unbearable in traffic especially when approaching iyana ipaja. Another one is that GEJ (pdp) refused d proposal by ogun state govt to construct a fly over linking the abeokuta xpress rd at toll gate just to ease out traffic. Its only that linking point at the bye-pass remaining for completion but jona's refused the apc state govt, the traffic around that toll-gate bye-passing to and fro Ota is so terrible. Pdp state lead govnt may nt construct the fly-over if elected to power because apc is at the center.

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by toscene: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Jimi Agbaje has proven to be the true tribalist,trying to ta ke advantage of the igbos...SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!!! NIGERIAN 1st my TRIBE 2nd

#AMBO2015

4 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by luggy(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:

It's ok for ibos from Abia to become HOR members in Lagos but wrong for an Ondo man or Osun man, right?

Is Lagos no more a no man's land? But Ben Okorie your brother from Abia is contesting and no wahala with that.

You ibos are the most tribu see, ur all tgesame ur papa Oba of lagos lagoon, said we should go to lagoon and stay, abeg, i wan borrow life jarket, because, i wan swim for lagoonalu seeistic and senseless animals alive.
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Waspy(m): 7:57am On Apr 10, 2015
sanc2s:
Igbos are the decider in lagos gubernitorial poll. They hav 46percent in population of lagos. Hausas are just 4percent. The remaining 50percent is Yoruba. The yorubas will be divided into 2. Some will vote ambode while d rest will vote agbaje. Anybody the igbos vote for is the winner. Unless its bin rigged
46% shocked shocked shocked .....what the fvck are they running from in the East... Rural- Urban migration undecided undecided
Gradually, the lost Israel tribe is going into extinction

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by boblaide: 7:58am On Apr 10, 2015
O maa ya ni igbe fun Ojo mejé. U'll see APC will win
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Baddestguyp(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2015
aren't the lagosians tired of Tinubu ruling them let them vote of jimi jare
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by aquabeing: 8:00am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=hardballripplez post=32545720][/quote]

I guess you need to findout out how many of Bush's family members were governors during Bush as United states president before you come on public forum to display your ignorance
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by phiszo(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2015
pdp and the igbos will never learn... you can't win an election based on tribal sentiments. we have other tribes in lagos. this has now turned into a yoruba vs igbo thing. smh. what kind of shithole country is this?

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by stigman(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:

It's ok for ibos from Abia to become HOR members in Lagos but wrong for an Ondo man or Osun man, right?

Is Lagos no more a no man's land? But Ben Okorie your brother from Abia is contesting and no wahala with that.

You ibos are the most tribalistic and senseless animals alive.

Mumu
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 10, 2015
bewla:
u or dead on the first push JIMI go manager ur to shops well when u have like 20 branch come back for our support then we go assist u freely let us first get what lagos deceive. but u to have said it Lagos can not avoid to be in opposition party now 2015 .y do u want to now go against your WORD are u not man of your word or na the tif tiff na him dey blind your face

Dafuq did i just read? undecided undecided
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by Oyab(m): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2015
Igbo in Lagos should pray hard for apc not to win dis coming gubernatorial election,cus if they eventually win d life will b so difficult for dem after d election

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by 49cents(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:

You ibos are the most tribalistic and senseless animals alive.

Nigeria is a federation
you are free to contest anywhere in Nigeria

Infact a hausa man ruled in Enugu in1957 for seven good years a s a Mayor

Lagos is NOT no mans land, but the proceeds from other regions, largely Oil maoney was used to develop Lagos?? how many state capitals in Nigeria have enjoyed Federal Government resources than Lagos

it was so because it was once the seat of Power

Lagos is now the most cosmopolitan state in Nigeria and as such is more inclusive than any other due to its peculiar history

Do think broadly
In the UK are Nigerians not MPs? Do they not occupy elected positions in another man country?

you are the one so tribalistic and bitter that you cal another human being, made in God's image , animals

Go ask your fathers and grandpas why they dont want the Igbos to secede from this fake country called NIGERIA? DO ASK THEM AND YOU WILL COME HERE AND APOLOGISE

THEY HATE IGBOS STILL ARE SCARED STIFF TO LET THEM GO

THE VITRIOLIC HATE SPEECH OF THE OBA OF LAGOS AND THE REACTIONS THEREOF SPEAK VOLUMES OF WHAT LIE DEEP IN YOUR HEART

WITHOUT THE OLI IN THE SOUTH SOUTH LAGOSIANS WILL BE BUYING FUEL AT THE RATE NEIGHBORING BENIN REPUBLIC BUYS IT

SON BE GRATEFUL AND STOP HATING

THIS IS A DEMOCRACY NOT SOME MONARCHY
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by ZUBY77(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Jaypea98:

So APC must rule Lagos forever?
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by phiszo(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Waspy:
46% shocked shocked shocked .....what the fvck are they running from in the East... Rural- Urban migration undecided undecided
that's fake stats. igbos are not even up to 15%. we have other tribes in lagos. they just like to make noise online. they didn't deliver lag to GEJ. now that agbaje wants to turn this to yoruba vs igbo, can he win?....

2 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by idsamoo(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2015
This loser and his party has been dumped in the lagoon since 2014..

2 Likes

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by tammie24: 8:07am On Apr 10, 2015
They beta stop givig these ibos appointments in yoruba land. They should just stop that rubbish!
It can neva happen in aba or onisha
Haba!

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by tammie24: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2015
I tot Agbaje was sensible.
I even liked him
How can he turn it into yoruba vs ibo thing
He has failed!
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by zubizareta(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2015
Jaypea98:

The same man that used his position as the President to starve Lagos their monthly allocation is now in APC shouting CHANGE.. So what are you ranting about??

1 Like

Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by bakynes(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2015
The annoying thing is they say Jk we know JK we trust, where do you know JK from, he has never been tested, he is just a gamble. He hasn't even worked in a common Local govt in the state while Ambode has 27 years experience in public civil service he is part of the team that made Lagos what it is today. The only excuse PDP have against him is Tinubu's Godfatherism, ask yourselves Bode George that rigged the primaries for Jimi and took him to Jonathan for Endorsement so that Jonathan can release funds for him to campaign tell me you think he won't be the New godfather? We changed PDP led FG because they did not perform so why change APC in Lagos that is performing?
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by maestroferddi: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2015
Jaypea98:
Stop talking nonsense.

The man who withheld Lagos funds, Obasanjo is now the navigator of APC.

It smacks of unimaginable hypocrisy to enjoy some benefits of PDP and at the same time criticise the party.

If APC that had been sabotaging national interests was allowed to win power at the center, then there is no reason PDP should not aspire to lead Lagos.
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by 49cents(m): 8:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Waspy:
Gradually, the lost Israel tribe is going into extinction

and why did yorubas and hausa fight to keep us close?

have u ever wondered?

the igbos gad the foresight to fight to stay on their own Nigeria refused

you preach one nigeria

the igbos practice it by occupying Nigeria and everyone gets angry

igbos are like chinese and indians we spread out. we have a global perspective. NO IGBO MAN HAS A SMALL TOWN OUTLOOK
Re: Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo by ab4real15: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Agbaje and his so call supporters will all jump into d Lagoon 2mao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Gives Up: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" / Vendor Shows Ahmed Indimi Photo Of His Wedding To Zahra On The Streets Of Abuja / Nse Ekpenyong Arraigned For Certificate ‘Forgery’ (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.