Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. (25010 Views)

Pls Help!masturbation Is Ruining My Life... / 4 Ways To Keep Social Media From Ruining Your Relationship / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
Men since you are rich just maintain oral hygiene with colagate and listerine. Brush always once you have eaten. Then I recomend a concussion of garlic and ginger at least you have a defined smell. Trust me it works.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by jossypajay: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
I had gone through this before and it took great effort on my part to come out of it. Don't lose hope. If you are determined, you will come out of it. First thing first, visit a dentist, let the dentist scale and polish your teeth. Let him treat any gum disease if there is any and remove all the tartar ( Thick yellowish deposits) from your teeth. After that, the ball is in your court. You need to practice good oral hygiene by brushing at least twice a day and if possible any time you eat if you have the opportunity. Use good tooth paste. I recommend Oral B PRO EXPERT. Its excellent but expensive. Use it for a month and your teeth can never be the same again. Finally, avoid sugary foods and have some sugarless chewing gum always with you. Whenever you eat outside and you are not at home to brush, you can quickly chew one for about 30 minutes. It will help you to salivate and the saliva will naturally clean the mouth. I took time to write this though its lengthy. Practice this faithfully and in no time you will be smiling again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sulemanmathew:
a dental student specializing in "Dental therapy" pls which school in Nigeria? kos 4 u to specialize in any field in dentistry , u must have completed d 6yrs BDS programme. I doubt d integrity of ur speciality. D 1st thing u recommended 4 someone with halitosis is to do "scaling and polishing" , no medical history nor dental history or drug history taken. U did not even emphasize on maintaining proper dental hygiene. OK ooooo
mr man, i said he should walk to a dentist!
Am a student of Federal college of Dentistry Enugu, doubting my integrity is just a waste because am practicing!
recommending S and P for a patient with Bad breath is a first step, then in the course of the routine activity, that is where the check up of vital signs and actual state of oral cavity comes in.
dude, don't quote me again please. specializing on dental therapy, do you know how long and program i have completed?? cnt you see i typed that am practicing
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by lordthree(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
martineverest:
Use iron sponge or razor blade to scrape ur tongue every morning.....then,use jik mixed with hypo to rinse the mouth.after those steps,spray givenchy or ferragamo perfume in ur mouth......do diz and thank me later........mtchew.....is nairaland a dentist clinic?
this is why people with low IQs shouldn't be on Nairaland, i think se.un should start conducting written exams before people are allowed to be members.... who let you out of your cage?

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by zenith4biz(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
If you wake up in the morning find something to scrape your tongue very well e. g the tail end of a spoon, you would notice that some whitish residue are being removed

After the process brush your teeth

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by mentorandfriend(m): 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
We call it Halitosis. It can be embarassing but it is cheap to handle.

Sometimes, bad breath may be as a result of other underlying systemis illnesses such as Diabetes Melitus, or other organic diseases such as peptic ulcer disease, non-ulcer dyspepsia, pulmonary tuberculosis, rheumatic heart disease, etc.

Once you have ruled out all these, then check your mouth hygiene. Do you have painful gums, bleeding gums, etc? They are pointers to dental caries and other tooth infections. You must make it a habit of brushing twice daily. Nigerian Medical Association strongly recommends Oral B.

Also, chew gum often if your work environment is such that people do not communicate much. Closing the mouth for over an hour at any time is an invitation to anaerobes to multiply rapidly and give you bad breath. Chewing gum refreshes your mouth.

Then lastly, you must exercise strongly and sweat as much as possible. Some foods such as garlic, ginger, onions, meat, fish, alcohol cause bad breath. How?

Remember that when you eat, the food digests and the waste products are carried to your organs for excretion. The lungs are one of such excretory organs. You breath out waste products of what you eat. If you are in the habit of eating foods with strong odour, including the one among my Igbo people which we call Ogiri Okpei; used in making soup, your bad breath will persist till all the waste products of that food digestion has left your body. You will hasten this process by vigourous early morning jogging. You will breath faster and clean your lungs of those foods, and you will sweat out some too.

Drink more water. Stay away from exotic foods for a month. Avoid coffee altogether. Fruits should be your friend now for a month. Watch bad breath disappear.

Success to you. Send me a pm if you need more advice, or communicate me on chiemeziem_w@yahoo.com.

3 Likes

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by pretty050(f): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Op try walnuts
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Lovethlovesmike(f): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
The SOLUTION to your heavy heart lies with me. I've been in your shoes and found the way out. grin grin Halleluyah!! What did I not try?? I even started using middle eastern chewing stick (miswak) day and night, for months and nothing changed.

Whether you brush for ages won't change anything. It's annoying that people will think you don't brush or floss well. Lies!! The solution lies in your gut (belly).
>>
1. You may be lactose-intolerant.
Solution: Run away from baked foods, anything with milk or dairy for 2 weeks. I noticed when I drink hot coffee or tea, my breath issues triggers.
2. Oil-pulling: (Google the glowing reviews).
put a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth and gargle for 15-20mins day and night. Don't spit it in the sink (it clogs it up).
3. Floss as soon as you finish eating. I mostly floss and clean my tongue at night.
4. Say bye to garlic or overly spicy foods.
5. Increase your water intake.

If it doesn't work for 2 weeks, try this (From my Dentist)
1. Take a spoonful of plain unsweetened yogurt every morning
2. Probiotics (I think 500g)

The yogurt trick didn't work for me. What worked is cutting out dairy, cookies and bread! Bread is the worst.

Use toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I now use Sensodyne for sensitive teeth + soft toothbrush.... I've been free for months. Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
I accidentally discovered the solution to bad breath.

Let me explain to you, first of all, MEAT

While I said meat , cos meat na one of the major problem to bad breath, because every human being get one particular bacteria were dey break down food particles. So that bacteria tend to release some gas during the break down process when dissolving that leftover food in in-between your teeth, especially meat. So the breakdown of meat dey much faster.

So that gas the bacteria excrete when dissolving the meat particles, bring a very fowl smell.
SOLUTION

AFTER YOU CHOP MEAT, USE stick to remove the meat particle

2. I discovered one enzyme for your tongue. That enzyme dey only activate when you dey on sleep mode. So the enzyme dey stop the production of saliva for your tongue.

So if you wake up from sleep, brush your tongue weller, you go see one mucus something comot from your tongue. Na the enzyme be that. And the tin dey smell one kind. So if you comot that tin. New saliva go dey produce from your tongue. Which the saliva dey stop those bacteria to work on day time.

THANK ME LATER
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
I dont xchange words with ediots like u...back off
lordthree:

this is why people with low IQs shouldn't be on Nairaland, i think se.un should start conducting written exams before people are allowed to be members.... who let you out of your cage?

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by pretty050(f): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
Op try walnuts and brush your tongue properly
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Lovethlovesmike(f): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
Viciyus:
I accidentally discovered the solution to bad breath.

True. I read lots of negative reviews about meat and even chicken causing bad breath. It's all trial and error to he finds what works for him.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by martineverest(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Keep bleaching,u will soon bleach ur life and destiny away.....full on alert
lordthree:

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by samofson: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ishilove:

H.Pylori is what causes ulcer. What does Helicobacter Pylori have to do with bad breath? undecided

A lot. Although bad breath from gastrointestinal disorder is rear, it has been reported among the symptoms related to H.Pylori infection which is the main pathogenic factor of inflammatory and ulcerative changes in the gastric mucosa.

if this situation is causing him stress, it doesn't harm to him to eliminate all the possibilities, H.pylori manifests in people differently.

Visit a Dentist, if symptoms persists see a gastroenterologist.

Also OP consider a reduction in consumption of processed foods, alcohol and smoking. eat more vegetables and fruits.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
SSBN:
As i type these words my heart is heavy and gloomy, filled with sadness. I reckon its a good idea to share my experience (especially those with similar problems).

I am A 30 YEAR OLD man, good looking (i needn't say this i know), financially well off relative to most average young men and certainly not lacking in intellectual capacity.

I have a condition BAD BREATH. I noticed this when my erstwhile girlfriend covers her nose with her fingers when i come close, when we have sex she insists on me hitting her from behind. She tried very hard to make it seem natural so as not to hurt my feelings but there is so much you can hide. Our relationship of course did not last because i was too stupid to figure out why. This was an on and off occurrence hence perhaps my failure to pin point the problem.

Of late the condition has worsened. It is made worse by the fact even your closest friend WILL NOT tell you about your bad breath. Each time i speak within minutes who ever I'm speaking to puts his/her hands over their nose and mouth.

There is this girl I just met. Obviously chemistry was not lacking hence we struck a connect pretty soon, but however since she started paying me visits i noticed as well she consistently tries to distance herself, even when I hug her face points downwards.

Now as of this writing i was paid a visit by my In-law (Dude who married my sister just this past December). I noticed the eye and bodily contacts between both. I'm here in my room but she's right there with him in the living room. Taking off her jean she is dressed in a provocative easy wear, one that accentuates her soft full legs and cute ass.

Mere staying with me revolts now. To buy time for privacy she requests for mundane things life ''Efirin'' leave (used for pepper soup), knowing all too well i will have to drive pretty far. Coming back home i parked outside (Which i don't usually do and walked into my apartment and lo and behold there she was sitting side my side with him, all grins and smiles.

Startled by my unexpected entry, i could see the irritation on her face. Right now as i type these words she is in the living room with my In-law, food is ready she demands she eats, serves him first and later asks with careless abandon if ''i will eat''. IN MY OWN HOUSE.

To say i am hurt and sad is an understatement, being a LEO, i am naturally a very sensitive but this hits me like a big blow; sad, self esteem reduced, i feel so sad.

Conclusion:

I know i am not the only one with this problem, there are thousands of guys like me having the same problem. You wouldn't wish this feeling of hurt and pain for your worst enemy, trust me.

I only wish God will somehow remove this problem for me. I have taken all medications, therapies and mouth wash but all to no avail.
Buy a breath spray. I don't know if they sell it in Nigeria, but if you can lay your hands on one, you can use it intermittently to get rid of bad breath.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Lovethlovesmike:

True. I read lots of negative reviews about meat and even chicken causing bad breath. It's all trial and error to he finds what works for him.

True shall. But do this simple test.

Chop meat by, just leave some particles for your teeth. Leave am to the next day.

Use stick or sharp something remove the meat for your mouth,
Your neighborhood go knot for your house say them dey smell dead human being for your room.

Na there you go know say meat dey do more harm than good
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Bowaley17(m): 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
May God see you through OP
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by toprealman: 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
This must really be a very hard time for you OP. Just take it easy, stay calm. That bitch should be kicked out fast!!!!!
DO NOT give up on mouth wash and brush at least twice daily. Try checking online for some effective foreign drugs.
Good luck and try focus on other things but that your 'GF'.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
I forget to add one thin.

TCP (them don change the name to NCP)
NA ONE OF THE BETTER TREATMENT TO BAD BREATH

USE ONE CAP OF NCP A DAY. AND YOU GO SEE THE MAGIC.

Trust me on this one
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by jevic(m): 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Try baking soda and your normal toothpaste. Mix 'em together and brush ya mouth with it. It will help.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
Brush your teeth twice a day : morning and night.
Immidiately after eating food like milk, egg (diary products make mouth smell) rinse ur mouth thorughly and make sure u spit out and not swallow.
Whenevr u sleep nd wake up whether afternoon or evening, brush ur teeth with little toothpaste.
Avoid those gel thoothpastes like oral b, instead use the pastes like colgate
Make it a habit of not closing ur mouth everytime, try reading books aloud, so u get ur mouth moving without provocating pple by talking to them
And last of all, don't be depressed. Its something that's very much manageable if not even curable. Don't ask me how I know. Its sometimes hereditary and most pple r born with it so don't kill urself with worry.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by otswag(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
My brother, abeg just jejely gohan see a dentist. Its not that big of a deal medically and its sumtin that can easily be treated. Most of all these posts in reading here are jokes. Do not let anybody lead u astray o. Hian! How can somebody be saying H.pylori, worms are causes of halithosis undecided

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by lordthree(m): 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
martineverest:
Keep bleaching,u will soon bleach ur life and destiny away.....full on alert
bleaching?? That's the best you could come up with? ''full on alert " anyway i cant blame you afterall you are brain dead
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by vislabraye(m): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
MzzTega:
Try and find out who cursed you

And I'm getting all these crazy mentions *sighs*
Cases like this happens,someone lays a curse on someone just to frustrate his/her prey. They've been uncountable cases of these and I have seen someone who was cursed with these,he discovered and that was it!
like i said,after trying the medical,go for the spiritual.

Are u for real or you’re sarcastic ?

Op. If your brush your mouth 2ce a day and your tongue, you use mouth wash and nothing happens, go see a doctor. It could be something internal.
I don't want to say it's spiritual.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sulemanmathew:
a dental student specializing in "Dental therapy" pls which school in Nigeria? kos 4 u to specialize in any field in dentistry , u must have completed d 6yrs BDS programme. I doubt d integrity of ur speciality. D 1st thing u recommended 4 someone with halitosis is to do "scaling and polishing" , no medical history nor dental history or drug history taken. U did not even emphasize on maintaining proper dental hygiene. OK ooooo
from his comment,he is a dental therapy student not a dental surgery student! greetings boss!

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
ziqqz:
I concur with visiting a dentist.

After all that, you might consider buying a breath spray too. It's usually in a tiny bottle the size of your index finger, but there may be other sizes. You can carry it everywhere you go, even in your breast pocket.

I must say I'm yet to find it anywhere in Nigeria, though I've never actively searched, I only bought a lot when returning to the country from Atlanta. But these mega stores should have them, I hope.

Good luck bro!
They are everywhere.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by martineverest(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
U re just a big fo.ol......a living corpse in d making...get a life,man
lordthree:

bleaching?? That's the best you could come up with? ''full on alert " anyway i cant blame you afterall you are brain dead
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
MzzTega:
Try and find out who cursed you

And I'm getting all these crazy mentions *sighs*
Cases like this happens,someone lays a curse on someone just to frustrate his/her prey. They've been uncountable cases of these and I have seen someone who was cursed with these,he discovered and that was it!
like i said,after trying the medical,go for the spiritual.

He be like say your mumsi and pupsi dey manufacture juju by?
How you take know say na curse?

And were you carry your leg Walker go see person were dem cause?

This your local mentality go do you more harm than good ohh.

Stop am ohh
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by yinkeys(m): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
undecidedNote To Fvck Boys;
If you go putting your mouths in a girls honeypot that ain't your main chick, you are on your own
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
My brother, i thank God for your Honest and open mind! A challenge thrown out is half solved.
My humbly admonition is that its God only that would give you a Perfect solution. I see here that you have tried all possible means available to you.
attend a service @The Lord's Chosen Charismatic revival Ministries Ijesha. If you are chanced tomorrow, come der by 8am if u are chanced tomorrow morning
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by yinkeys(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ssbn before you go to the dentist, try this
1. Go buy hard smokers brush & brush twice daily. You could also get mouth wash, mouth spray,Vicks lemon plus or so & a good deodorant.
2. I think you should change your brushing technique, maybe decay is causing it & you don't know.
I feel the odour will be gone once you dedicate time to your mouth & body in general. Respect, @ 30 I feel you're not doing badly at all bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Should A Husband Be Doing This To His Wife? (pics)!!! / Nairalander Takes His Pre-wedding Photoshoot To The Work Place / Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.