Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Where And When Not To Approach A Lady - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where And When Not To Approach A Lady (43215 Views)

7 Reasons Why Shy Guys Find It Difficult To Approach A Lady / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady / 5 Reasons Ladies Find It Difficult To Approach Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by canalily(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lala247:

Shhh watch that video
i dnt have my speck cool is it romanticundecided
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by canalily(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lala247:
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F68aBDSv9Ow[/flash]
there is no you in this video even though its youtubeangry
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Metrofox(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzNelly:
There's never a "perfect moment."

You take the moment and make it perfect.
Seize the moment cheesy
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
damseyl:
I hate it when I'm busy reading especially during night class and some dudes will starting coming and disturbing. Some guys no get work aswear! Must you approach every girl you see?

I bet you still dey very young.

With time. Na you go dey chase men.

Trust me
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by iamord(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lala247:

Lol
You should create a topic on how we should do shakara im actually curious smiley
lol.. why should I? its different strokes for different people. but you know to everything you do. there is a limit wink don't over stress things. u know the drill
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lala247:
Ther is no right time hun

While ur there waiting for right time lol one guy go waka in front of u n scoop that babe sit down there they wait for when shes less busy.. A lady is always busy.. smiley

U need to seize every moment .
Washere jare sweety mi. Yoruba's call it waa gbe gba ebe é (meaning them go carry am pass your side).

1 Like

Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
persius555:
Thank u jare.Op knows next to nothing about chatting a lady up. Get your game on, try chatting/complementing her, let her be the centre of the discussion and offcourse a few jokes here and there to spice it up. Chatting a lady in public transport has always worked for me.

But you know say you too dey wrong?

Shall but for me, I never ever complement any women neither
Put dem in central of discussion.

But instead I dey tell some of them say them no fine self or even pass them as if them be shite, but some of them go say didn't you notice me, why are you not talking to me, are we not Co workers.

I go apologize to them. Before you know,we don exchange number ohh
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by kinibigdeal(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
If Mr A approaches me with intelligence and class whilst Mr B hisses and demands for my attention, who is more preferable? Answer! You're mentality will only attract those women you detest.

#clapping# do you ever think the kind of guys we have in this modern society will awkwardly approach a lady without intelligence!! You giving yourself a top gear. And mind you, it will be a fiasco for me to have such mentality based on my personal discipline.."Emphatically, it will be irresistible to avoid Mr. B" its a rule of thumb in our highly lopsided environment.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:
Na public transport own sure pass na. That's one of my main fishing point. cheesy
Just make sure you have enough to pay her transport fare.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by marieolae(f): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
You're typing, but the words aren't coming out.
kinibigdeal:

#clapping# do you ever think the kind of guys we have in this modern society will awkwardly approach a lady without intelligence!! You giving yourself a top gear. And mind you, it will be a fiasco for me to have such mentality based on my personal discipline.."Emphatically, it will be irresistible to avoid Mr. B" its a rule of thumb in our highly lopsided environment.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Holadpearl(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
women have moods as an army of cat has lives,spot the mood u are after and step in quick,hesitate, u are dead duck,except u one of those guys who take months to get their lady,as for me I want it quick and sudden like a shot in d back.u never know with women-JHC
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by justmag(m): 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzNelly:

You have just encouraged some stalkers to embrace their lifestyles.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
justmag:

You have just encouraged some stalkers to embrace their lifestyles.

grin grin
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by modelboy(m): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cutehector:
lmao. Do u Think I chyke girls? I neva for once chyked all my girlfrnds
origin go believe that lie sha
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by kinibigdeal(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
You're typing, but the words aren't coming out.

I advice you wear a goggle!!
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by UjSizzle(f): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
DeeTus:
I don't really think so. If you follow what he wrote here, you would probably remain single. I guess the OP's already married.
Nke ahu gbasa gi. The point of the topic is good timing when approaching a lady. Not everyone will be willing to give you attention when they're preoccupied with other things like reading.
It's simple social etiquette, not a husband hunt. If you're lucky, it'll also save you from being pepper sprayed cheesy
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by beehollah: 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzNelly:

Thank You !
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by InvertedHammer: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
/
I guess the right time is when she dresses up and sits idle at a place, looking around for toasters.

OP e be like say you dey mistake runz girls for decent girls
\
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Sirfemi: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Anytime is perfect when the lady is searching
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by SerialMan: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Honestly u stole this from my finger tips.Am currently suffering as a result of what the OP posted now.There is this Pharmacist i first sighted buying akara some day,but was in a barbing Salon ,so couldnt follow her,Now she is always busy selling all day and closes by almost 10pm.

I decided to track her sometime last two weeks at about the time she closed,i excused her but she said No No ,Not this Nght,i humbled myself and said to her am sorry and left her.

Now i saw her buying from a shop again last week,but refused granting me audience,tried to ask her her name..she said i dont know.

Now the problem is when will i ever be able to see her not BUSY.?

marieolae:
If you follow these rules, you might miss that golden opportunity.
Please don't follow this list!
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
UjSizzle:

Nke ahu gbasa gi. The point of the topic is good timing when approaching a lady. Not everyone will be willing to give you attention when they're preoccupied with other things like reading.
It's simple social etiquette, not a husband hunt. If you're lucky, it'll also save you from being pepper sprayed cheesy

cheesy cheesy haha

I don't go about looking for girls. They come to me naturally while i decide whom to go out with cheesy

Just yesterday, i proved to my friends once again why taking it cool wins.

So, the use of pepper spray is not for me. cheesy
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by sconp: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
SerialMan:
Honestly u stole this from my finger tips.Am currently suffering as a result of what the OP posted now.There is this Pharmacist i first sighted buying akara some day,but was in a barbing Salon ,so couldnt follow her,Now she is always busy selling all day and closes by almost 10pm.

I decided to track her sometime last two weeks at about the time she closed,i excused her but she said No No ,Not this Nght,i humbled myself and said to her am sorry and left her.

Now i saw her buying from a shop again last week,but refused granting me audience,tried to ask her her name ..she said i dont know.

Now the problem is when will i ever be able to see her not BUSY.?

guy, must you start by asking her for her name, try something else, some connective and interesting
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Mbediogu(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dotwillis1:
As important as it is to be willing to approach women you don’t know, it’s important to know when you shouldn’t be approaching them. As nerve-wracking as it might be for you to approach women, it can be an even more tense situation for the women being approached. Almost every woman out there has a story about being harassed by guys who wanted to “just say hello” and who thought that their desire to introduce themselves overrode her right to be left alone.

So unless she is giving you very explicit indications that she’s interested in talking to you… give her a pass. It’s better to “miss out” on
an opportunity than to end up being given a disparaging remark or get insulted.

I'm no expert in ladies affairs grin but I think this are some of the times you shouldn't be approaching a lady ..

At Night (except in social spaces)

The social contract changes when the sun goes down. What is tolerable – if not expected – during the day is potentially threatening at night. Asking a lady for the time or directions during the day is completely normal. The
exact same behaviors at night seem like the prelude to a mugging.

You may have nothing but the most noble of intentions, but trying to approach a lady walking along the streets at night is most likely going to make her shiver with fear and she won't feel convenient because lots of bad/wrong impressions will be running through her mind as to what is this stranger up to... She may not even grant you the audience.

When she is busy

when she’s reading, writing or working on her laptop. If she’s in a public place – a cafe, library, class what-have-you – and she’s busy, maybe on her laptop, then the odds are that she’s there because she really needed to get out of the apartment for a while. This means she’s there to work or study, not to flirt. And no, it doesn’t matter if you notice she’s updating her Facebook page instead of working on her thesis; if she was interested in talking to somebody, she wouldn’t be focusing on something else.

If you really want to ask her for her opinion maybe on a book she’s reading, then you can wait until she’s put the book down, rather than plopping yourself in the seat next to her and demanding that she pay attention to you.

At Work

For example, take anyone who works in a hotel, waitresses – especially ones at restaurants, bartenders, etc. Their job description is almost literally “Flirting. This doesn’t mean that these ladies are cockteases or are being dishonest, but a certain level of flirtiness often means a heavier tip from male customers. It’s professional flirting
without intent. But even those who aren’t overtly flirty have a vested interest in getting you to like them – it’s part of what helps bring customers
back. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who mistake professional niceness for genuine interest and assume that the waitress or the bartender is really into them.

But beyond not mistaking niceness for interest, there’s one major complicating factor: they are at work. They’re not there to get dates or make new friends, they’re there to do their job. They literally don’t have time for prolonged flirt sessions and, frankly, most of them would like to get through their workday with minimal hassle. tongue

On Public Transportation
Mass transit is less of a convenient place for some ladies to interact freely. Moreso, it is not a safe space for ladies and she will already have her guard up when you try to say hello. If she wants to talk to you, she’ll let you know. Let her make the first move;

Don't chat up a female pedestrian from your car cheesy

A Lady once told me its extremely frightening. No matter what time is it, you do something like that, it is sending out the message that you might drag the person into your car and drive off. grin

------------ sometimes yhu’ll see a very beeyootiful lady and yhu feel that pressure that says “if yhu don’t talk to her nownownow you’ll miss your opportunity and never see her again”, buh there are times when all a lady wants is to not have to deal with anyone, being respectful of her space and showing her courtesy is much more likely to make a positive impression on her than being one more headache in her daily commute.

There’s a time and place for everything.

Do you agree with this list?

Feel free to add more! cool

When she is in sublime mood such as in place of worship or at funeral of a loved one.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Olutola88(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Princecalm:
keep the lies rolling.
Pehaps not the type of salon i was referring to.
Lol! Lies? What for? I am Olutola88
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Princecalm(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Olutola88:
Lol! Lies? What for? I am Olutola88
did i say you are not Olutola before?
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by yungfritzzleDee(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
na tru talk jawe
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Sike(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
Every time is perfect! As long as you know how to play your game.
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

I see. Is the trifling charade at the saloon responsible for the cold shoulder display by some of them to their men when they return home.

Oh perhaps a verbal face-off ensued there off and one of the idlers told her the so called prince charming is a jackass.

Ronald, I am going to pretend I understand what you just said and say; yes, what you said is right.

cheesy
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by ronald4lif(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Xiadnat:

Ronald, I am going to pretend I understand what you just said and say; yes, what you said is right.

cheesy

Lol! Poor men. After ensuring she makes her look more appealing and expecting her to return home with a warm embrace or a sweet kiss. wink Where did men get it wrong. cheesy
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol! Poor men. After ensuring she makes her look more appealing and expecting her to return home with a warm embrace or a sweet kiss. wink Where did men get it wrong. cheesy

HEHEHE.....Men be tripping since G-d took out a clay to form Adam circa 0000 BC.

Men, when will they get it right?
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
We hardly see ladies approaching guys now cheesy
Of course I'm referring to all my single guys out there smiley
Hello
Re: Where And When Not To Approach A Lady by kindnyce(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
this is why men end up with the 'gold diggers'
Yet they will rant and generalize all women to be the same.

AND YOU ARE NOT AN EXCRETION EITHER grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When You're Not Sure If She Loves You. / Ladies, How Do You React If You Sit On A Guy's Lap And He Gets A Boner / Lady Dumps Man Who Wants To Marry Her Because He Can't Cook, Leaks Their Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.