Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,486 members, 7,958,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? (25702 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Ihuomadinihu: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2015
Onyiridike:

What is your definition of respect?
It's a feeling of esteem for somebody or something which is not attached to a marital status.
Single women deserve respect as much as a married women deserve respect.

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by TooNoisy(f): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2015
Edusouls:
stay there and run ur dirty mouth, oprah upon all her riches she is still underrepected, hilary clinton runs for american president becos she is married and respected,oprah winfrey should come and contest nahh? You girls are deceived by feminism and western education so much that,u u live blindly, why did ur mum get married? U think u re more intelligent than her? Stay here and run mouth,till u get old, single and miserable..and its like u could not get a man into ur unhappy life,due to ur filthy karacters, so move fast a help urself b4 its too late..miss most educated girl in the world...

You stupidity is legendary. You just hear names like Hilary Clinton and Oprah Winfrey and morons like you just type them. Oprah has no interest is politics and is worth 20 times Hilary Clinton. They are two different women who have chosen different paths and both are respected. Married or not.

Oya go and continue drinking your ogogoro.

9 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Caracta(f): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2015
Bibol:

Babe its been a while

Yes o. Hope you are good.
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Caracta(f): 10:24am On Apr 22, 2015
Edusouls:
dont go and pray to ur God, change ur bad and western orientated views..

I get really upset when I find men that are not smart at all. Not even a tiny bit.

Nobody condemned getting married. We are talking about respect here. You don't need to be married before you earn respect. Simple. Just like you just displayed. Same way someone can be married and extremely foolish.

If you are an example of a true Christian, I would rather remain the opposite. And what makes you think I'm single or searching? What makes you think I am against marriage?

Jeez!!! Common sense. It's not that hard.

4 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by M4gunners: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2015
Caracta:

Maybe I'm just different. I don't measure accomplishments by the amount of money. By your standard, armed robbers, fraudsters and corrupt politicians have a place in your respect frame.
Oh i should be the one saying this. Check ur first comment and think again. To your question, you can't achieve something great just like that without you having money. There's a programme in CNN (Leading Women ) if you used to watch it, there's never a time they invite someone who is poor . From Queen B to Oprah W,Mrs Gate, Angelina Jolie you name them.They are all successful. So for you saying you respect someone with what he/she has achieved, simply means She can be prostitute it doesn't matter provided she have achieved something.
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Caracta(f): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2015
M4gunners:
Oh i should be the one saying this. Check ur first comment and think again. To your question, you can't achieve something great just like that without you having money. There's a programme in CNN (Leading Women ) if you used to watch it, there's never a time they invite someone who is poor . From Queen B to Oprah W,Mrs Gate, Angelina Jolie you name them.They are all successful. So for you saying you respect someone with what he/she has achieved, simply means She can be prostitute it doesn't matter provided she have achieved something.

I don't need to start telling you about myself. I know of a single young lady who doesn't earn much but has two adopted kids and partly runs an NGO. No, her bank account is not fat but she has helped a lot of people through selfless service.

That is respectable in my books. If we all want to be mega-rich before we accomplish something, then we would really amount to nothing.

When Seun created Nairaland, he was single and not mega-rich. Tell me why such people should not be respected?

Why must I be married first before I earn respect?

6 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by itops(f): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2015
klark3:
Yes...

Nature made it so, a man can remain single & still earn respect, but a woman will be disregarded & unfulfilled... Have u ever asked urself why a woman answers d man's name after marriage.... Because a woman's crown is her husband, they are glorified slaves, they were gotten from just one rib of a man, yet u see dem dragging territories with men...

adam had already been surviving without eve, & would have continued to survive without her... But eve wouldn't have survived a day without adam.

No husband = no respect..

Most unmarried women are whores, dey have no self respect, & no sane man is willing to condone their nasty attitude. If u're a lady, single & u're above 30, sorry for u. But a man can be single & above 60, he will still earn respect...

Thank God am a man, not a glorified slave(woman)...

FOOLS ARE JUST EVERYWERE IN NAIRALAND. see another mumu here.ooo, everything about him is so foolish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by itops(f): 11:01am On Apr 22, 2015
FrancisTony:
I think it's only on internet e.g Nairaland family section that marriage is over-rated.

For example; Genevieve is unmarried and only on cyberspace that men and women will insult her about her marital status.
In the real world, they won't have an effrontery to confront her but will lick her feet instead of that married Mama Nkechi or Tolu with seven kids waiting for her husband to provide everything.

Thank God internet has given some Nigerian an avenue to portray their chauvinistic tendency they can't do offline infront of an accomplished lady.

collect better clap joor, you get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by itops(f): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2015
sunshineo:
Kiark3...........u must be a foolish son from a foollish woman. I believe if u had been trained you well, you won't come here and spit out trash. Calling women slaves, u really need help.

MY POINT EXACTLY, NO MIND THE IDIOT.
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2015
angry angry

Look at hypocrites talking!! Married women more respected in nigeria ke? Which respect? Do you call telling women to condone cheating from their husbands RESPECT? You tell women to carry the heavy load of marriage and turn men to figure heads!! You tell women to make marriages work their butt off while the men look on like puppets. You call that respect?.You tell women not to snoop their husbands' phone, tell them to massage their egos, tell them its their fault that their husbands cheat and yet you all call those trashy advice of ' red bra and pant' 'Fast and pray' RESPECT? You tell women not to earn more than their husbands, you tell to swalllow all forms of abuse in the name of marriage YET you all call that respect?

You say men are free to cheat and carry all sorts of girls about, spread infections like there is no tmrrw. You all glorify prostitutes!! Y'all spend millions on women who are not married. You lick the feet of single ladies and trash your wives yet you all can open your filthy mouths and say Married women are more respected than single ladies? You give ladies all the power to break homes and do unthinkablle things for single ladies, that you will never do for your wives!! Tell me who has more respect now? Tell me who receives preferential treatment!! You all have turned Marriage to something else!! Marriage in Nigeria is a sham!! And y'all are not even ashamed of coming here to show your hypocritical sh1t! The same marriage that is an eyesore now, y'all are making noise about here saying single ladies deserve no respect? Shame! Hypocrites!

11 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2015
Onyiridike:

If you didn't nuture up your child in a family setting then you are NOT a mother.

You are simply illogical. Go to motherless baby's home and tell me why those children are called motherless.
madam I give up..

swim in your ignorance..

4 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Wahala90: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2015
[size=15pt]Stop posting rubbish go and get married and stop deceiving yourselves and free yourselves from the burden of freedom.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Onyiridike(f): 11:12am On Apr 22, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It's a feeling of esteem for somebody or something which is not attached to a marital status.
Single women deserves respect as much as a married women deserve respect.

Not really! It is actually a feeling of differential regard for someone.

Now between Dr. (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Miss Stella Odua who do the society have a differential regard for with respect to womanhood?

Forget money, fame and power. Even an armed robber can have them.

This is our culture, our ideology which defines who we are.

Lastly, do you intend to marry? If yes, why?
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Onyiridike(f): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2015
quivah:

madam I give up..

swim in your ignorance..

Illogical people are always good at insults.

I am truly sorry to disappoint you.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2015
Caracta:

I get really upset when I find men that are not smart at all. Not even a tiny bit.

Nobody condemned getting married. We are talking about respect here. You don't need to be married before you earn respect. Simple. Just like you just displayed. same way someone can be married and extremely foolish.

If you are an example of a true Christian, I would rather remain the opposite. And what makes you think I'm single or searching? What makes you think I am against marriage?

Jeez!!! Common sense. It's not that hard.
you know there's one on this thread @emboldened

in a normal setting, she should keep shut and respect any Intelligent single lady who tries to draw her out of your ignorance

why are kids in the orphanage called 'motherless'
why is there no 'single women's' day
a mother is one who raises a child in the family setting..(marriage) while someone who 'gives birth' to a child outside marriage isn't a mother but irresponsible woman cheesycheesy buhahaha undecided
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2015
I dnt even know what is in the marriage that automatically gives one respect. I dnt think people know what respect is. Many single peeps are respected till date so i dnt even understand this thread. If you are single and people dnt respect you for it, then what are you doing with such backward thinking people? Change the kind of people you surround yourself with. No wonder marriages are in shambles! Silly mentality! Even women wey their husband dey beat everyday go come talk say them dey get more respect than single ladies. What a joke! LOL.

11 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by TV01(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2015
Migurl:
OP I do not think a woman MUST be married to gain respect. This is because respect by definition is "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements"
And a successful marriage does not take ability, demand certain qualities and count as an achievement - and is hence worthy of respect and admiration

Does a woman - or a man - need to be married to be respected? No.
Does a good marriage accord with not only respect, but also prestige, honour, joy and fulfillment. Absolutely!

It underpins all flourishing societies, it is the lifeblood of healthy communities, all religions commend it, and those who have successfully achieved it will always testify, and it wil be evidenced by their generations after them.

If you don't get it or don't want it fine - but nothing can tarnish it's essence or reduce it's benefits if properly practiced. The OP' questions demands only a 1 word answer, but begs a whole heap of questions - which I hope I've touched upon somewhat in my two posts on this thread.

TVMIC

Find any 2 similarly situated people; one successfully married and one not - then tell me if you considere them to be exactly the same in terms of achievement or success.

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Wahala90: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2015
[size=15pt]Must a woman get married before earning respect? No.
Would marriage bring more respect and honour to such a woman? Yes.

Marriage is honourable.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Onyiridike(f): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2015
quivah:

you know there's one on this thread @emboldened

in a normal setting, she should keep shut and respect any Intelligent single lady who tries to draw her out of your ignorance

why are kids in the orphanage called 'motherless'
why is there no 'single women's' day
a mother is one who raises a child in the family setting..(marriage) while someone who 'gives birth' to a child outside marriage isn't a mother but irresponsible woman cheesycheesy buhahaha undecided

I can assure you that you will live all your life begging God to match my achievements educationally.

I urge you to see things beyond prejudice and your level of awareness, otherwise, you may end up exposing your own ignorance.

Don't hide under a faceless forum to insult people at will.

People who are intelligent don't go around blowing their own trumpet.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Migurl: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2015
TV01:

And a successful marriage does not take ability, demand certain qualities and count as an achievement - and is hence worthy of respect and admiration

Does a woman - or a man - need to be married to be respected? No.
Does a good marriage accord with not only respect, but also prestige, honour, joy and fulfillment. Absolutely!

It underpins all flourishing societies, it is the lifeblood of healthy, communities, all religions commend it, and those who have successfully achieved it will always testify, and it wil be evidenced by their generations after them.

If you don't get it or don't want it fine. But nothing can tarnish it's essence or reduce it's benefits if properly practiced. The OP' questions demands only a 1 word answer, but begs a whole heap of questions - which I hope I've touched upon somewhat in my two posts on this thread.

TVMIC

Very nice I like it when people argue based on the topic and argue maturely. To quote you, "es a woman - or a man - need to be married to be respected? No"..that is the answer.. That is why when I digressed I made it clear that I know I am going off the subject matter. Only because of the comments I have read so far.
Certainly a happy marriage is honorable, joyful and is fulfilling. And society admires such. But that is not particularly the topic for the day.
I like your presentation. You stuck to the topic well.
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Onyiridike:

I can assure you that you will live all your life begging God to match my achievements educationally.

I urge you to see things beyond prejudice and your level of awareness, otherwise, you may end up exposing your own ignorance.

Don't hide under a faceless forum to insult people at will.

People who are intelligent don't go around blowing their own trumpet
cheesy cheesy if at all I attain your achievements educationallyundecided I will definitely hang myself for still being ignorant.. well, education doesn't equate smartness.

2nd bolded...Mrs onyi, don't talk with your mouth full ...on this thread, its you who is blowing her trumpet...who talked about educational achievements? you!! should I conclude you aren't intelligent after all?

madam peace! but by the way, why is there no 'married women's' day' ...
on a lighter note, sorry for the insult.. you are someone's wife and should be respected. but any way you can hide behind your keypad to call other people irresponsible...

peace madam.

7 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by kinibigdeal(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Caracta:
Depends on what the woman has achieved so far. I respect hardworking ladies with great accomplishments. Ladies that have achieved what older and married folks couldn't.

I don't care if you have a ring on your finger or not. Show me what you've got and earn my respect.

O
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2015
I saw a comment

married women don't get sexually harassed, beaten mercilessly by guys nor asked to keep quiet in a gathering.
and some one thinks that's RESPECT
so a single woman shouldn't be respected enough to be relieved of sexual harassment or beaten beaten is that how guys beat up women around you? change your association.!!
I mean...beat single women? let me just assume you meant : single kids

No right thinking person disrespects
a mother (in marriage).: but mothers (out of marriage) can be disrespected cheesy see judge of woman affairscheesy
NO RIGHT THINKING PERSON SHOULD DISRESPECT ANYONE-- that's how a right thinking person should talk. single mothers/women around this lady will be facing loads of discriminations.. single mothers shouldnt even celebrate mothers day cause they are not mothers but irresponsible: D

and a gathering a single woman won't be allowed to speak is a gathering for married people only... a married woman won't also be allowed to speak in a gathering of the singles expect if invited.

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by TooNoisy(f): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2015
Sophyrocks:
angry angry

Look at hypocrites talking!! Married women more respected in nigeria ke? Which respect? Do you call telling women to condone cheating from their husbands RESPECT? You tell women to carry the heavy load of marriage and turn men to figure heads!! You tell women to make marriages work their butt off while the men look on like puppets. You call that respect?.You tell women not to snoop their husbands' phone, tell them to massage their egos, tell them its their fault that their husbands cheat and yet you all call those trashy advice of ' red bra and pant' 'Fast and pray' RESPECT? You tell women not to earn more than their husbands, you tell to swalllow all forms of abuse in the name of marriage YET you all call that respect?

Did you just describe your parent's marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2015
Cutehector:
I believ respect comes from character, fame and wealth. If a woman has these, den she doesn't need to answr mrs to earn respect frm people

Thank you jare! better person with a working brain!
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2015
TooNoisy:

Did you just describe your parent's marriage?

They are actually your parents' marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2015
stinggy:
Backward mentality angry

The mere fact that she picks her bills all by herself is enough a reason to respect her. cool

Correct! Real backward mentality.

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2015
babyosisi:
Must you ask?

I wonder! Some questions are soooo silly and tend to reduce the brain cells of one with a working brain.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by TooNoisy(f): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2015
Sophyrocks:

They are actually your parents' marriage.

You don't know me neither can you tell. But obviously, this was what you saw growing up and I really feel sad for you. No wonder you are soo bitter. I initially thought you were a troll, but I can see you must have come from a very dysfunctional and bitter home. So sorry for you.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2015
klark3:

Thank God am a man, not a glorified slave(woman)...

Yes. the same glorified slave gave birth to you. Your mother and sisters are glorified slaves. Now imagine what a slave will give birth to, something less than a slave.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Onyiridike(f): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2015
quivah:

cheesy cheesy if at all I attain your achievements educationallyundecided I will definitely hang myself for still being ignorant.. well, education doesn't equate smartness.

2nd bolded...Mrs onyi, don't talk with your mouth full ...on this thread, its you who is blowing her trumpet...who talked about educational achievements? you!! should I conclude you aren't intelligent after all?

madam peace! but by the way, why is there no 'married women's' day' ...
on a lighter note, sorry for the insult.. you are someone's wife and should be respected. but any way you can hide behind your keypad to call other people irresponsible...

peace madam.
Well, I am not responsible for your woes.

I advised you to see things beyond your prejudice and level of awareness but you continued to pour your frustration on me.

Also, you shouldn't be self-opinionated Mrs. Smartness. The fact that I don't support your opinion shouldn't make you insult me.

I must also admit that you have a strange concept of the word "smart" since nobody does well in my field without being over-smart.

Finally, I don't need your respect. It doesn't affect me in any way.

More insults!

2 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2015
TooNoisy:

You don't know me neither can you tell. But obviously, this was what you saw growing up and I really feel sad for you. No wonder you are soo bitter. I initially thought you were a troll, but I can see you must have come from a very dysfunctional and bitter home. So sorry for you.
you just said someone doesn't know you , so she can't tell .
lemme just assume you know her a lot to conclude she's from a bitter home…

married women can conclude the home one came from but single women need to know one before she can tell..hence married women get more respects.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother / ~Sweet Mother: Say Something Nice To your Mum~ / Wife Gifts Her Husband A Bag Of Flour And Sugar On Valentine Day (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.