Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (70517 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Ambode And Wife At HID Awolowo's Lying In State In Lagos (photos) / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Bifwoli: 7:35am On May 04, 2015
ludamix:
Baba ikenne, one of our greatest hero in Nigeria

But Awolowo will never rise to the level of ,or even overshadow Ojukwu as he's too junior to him.Never ever coz Ojukwu was 50times the man Awolowo was.

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by ugoezeik(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2015
nd y is d pix not in colour bt black n white. y?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by 4stylz: 7:36am On May 04, 2015
[quote author=kallmemrB post=33392870] Even Zik was a dumb ruler compare to achievement of Awolowo.....

its pretty easy to know the igbos with their nonsensical comments to a sensible post...if u want someone to scream at or curse at,pls locate ojukwu family cos the man singlehandedly misled the whole igbo race [/quote

Keep quite there; what do you know? You think because you can afford 3square meal a day, and that's it? I am not igbo but you People and Hausas are the problem we have in this country; Even to the streets; yoruba man can betrayl you openly..

8 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by freshdude99(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Why r u so tribalistic?
Hahaha shocked
Look who's talking about tribalism
I took time to read some of ur post last night undecided
#pathetic
U eeh! Omg cheesy
Of course u knw even in upper Niger, no one gives a hut about Awo...
He's only a legend in SW
Zik my hero, Odimegwu my role model kiss

10 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by XRAY21(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
Even this man was corrupt ,he went to jail for using government money to support this party just like our present day Tinubu. all yoruba are thief

9 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by seeker121(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
The great legend,your legacy lives on papa.

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:39am On May 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

During the funeral of Stella Obasanjo in Abeokuta, Anthony Anini confessed that the last time Nigerians gathered in a state burial was in 1987, during the funeral of Awolowo.
It's appaling that some people claim that Awolowo took his life when, according to them, he was close to being caught by Babangida whom he wanted to oust through a coup. Was it not the same Babangida that name the University of Ife after him?

[size=18pt]Sometimes, when your enemy has swallowed up himself, you just sit and smile and give him some commemoration because you realize that all is finally well![/size]

12 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:39am On May 04, 2015
mtchwwwwwww, wenti concern me concern awolowo, mtchewwww, abeg b4 u Attack me am nt Igbo

#Gej my hero..... We need to divide this country, SE, SS, SW, North, so peace go reign, we re not1

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by driand(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2015
Yeah he was a suicide! It's horrible what curses can actually do to someone, it's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by TeamSimple(m): 7:40am On May 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

See Ojukwu burial and compare and contrast
Tortoise,ojukwu was a General in the army,hence that kind of burial.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by freshdude99(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2015
[quote author=4stylz post=33398308][/quote]
Aren't u contradicting ur self here.
Infact ur type is the real problem we have in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by 4stylz: 7:41am On May 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

You are a liar! No true Yoruba son would utter that statement about Awolowo therefore I refuse to believe you are Yoruba. In fact you are a bas*tard, an Igbo e-rat using a Yoruba handle, your handle was created yesterday to create confusion on here. I can smell your kind from afar. Omo ale.

you think every Yoruba are dumb like you? Because he is Yoruba he should hide the truth Tribalistic idiot

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by 4stylz: 7:42am On May 04, 2015
freshdude99:

Aren't u contradicting ur self here.
Infact ur type is the real problem we have in Nigeria cheesy

u know yourselves
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Empredboy(m): 7:42am On May 04, 2015
eazisky:
What an honourable man, he really saw tomorrow... when next u come into this world, learn not to trust any one.

Who doesnt know that he was betrayed by a certain zik?
who told u?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by MadCow1: 7:42am On May 04, 2015
I heard the cause of death was 'Suicide by rat poison', is that correct?

13 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by seeker121(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2015
Hatred will only ruin you,if i may say this without regard to your personality,you need to visit yaba left for this ur mentally deranged comment mtchew.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by TeamSimple(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

You must be under-20 yrs old or something to compare the unprecedented passion, the pomp, the grief, and pageantry that greeted Awo's burial to Ojukwu's. Go and ask your elders so they can enlighten you on that.
Don't mind the fool.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by driand(m): 7:46am On May 04, 2015
eazisky:
What an honourable man, he really saw tomorrow... when next u come into this world, learn not to trust any one.

Who doesnt know that he was betrayed by a certain zik?
sorry zip doesn't have dealings with such people, he was betrayed by jakande, for planning a coup against IBRAHIM BADAMOSI BABANGIDA, and that's "TREASON" when I bought sent for him he decided to do the needful instead of facing trial, disgrace and jail.

Now u are educated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Henry22(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2015
eazisky:

Was that what ur history lecturer told u abt him? its obvious, u are still bittered out of jealousy, that coward ojukwuless will never earn any respect from Nigerians like awolowo,

OJUKWU was never and will never be a nigerian, havn't you heard of THE GREAT BIAFRAN WAR LORD THAT SHOOK nigeria to its tail end? Thats who he was.

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by TeamSimple(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

3 million wasted lives you say, yet we are still better than you

Does it mean that all your tribe is just a waste?
Mumu,Adenuga we know,otedola we know,folorunsho Alakija the richest woman in Africa we know,abeg which of your piracy surviving brothers does the world celebrate?

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Paspane: 7:47am On May 04, 2015
I don't know what you Yorubas are claiming first you call us cowards then you turn around and say we are foolish for fighting for what we believe in now that's an IRONY

13 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

You are a liar! No true Yoruba son would utter that statement about Awolowo therefore I refuse to believe you are Yoruba. In fact you are a bas*tard, an Igbo e-rat using a Yoruba handle, your handle was created yesterday to create confusion on here. I can smell your kind from afar. Omo ale.

6 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Your brothers are in British jails for terrorism and credit card frauds, send amala and gbegiri to them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

british jail still better oooo
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:48am On May 04, 2015
I hardly delve into tribal wars......I used to have the deepest respect for Awo. ..not anymore. He actually never had a genuine ONE NIGERIA at heart. . ...he's a hero to his people. ..no doubt....

I know my heroes; he's NOT one of them!

Ojukwu, Ken, Adaka Boro. ...These are some of them......Ojukwu remains the great hero anyday, anytime!

Had my people understood his vision and courage, we wouldn't have been holed up in this feudal contraption.

It's a question of time!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by TeamSimple(m): 7:49am On May 04, 2015
YEEBOZ; The unrepentant Beggars. That's how they will keep begging every administration for slot. Smelling Mofos.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by olaniyanc: 7:49am On May 04, 2015
iykofias:
A tribal legend! Nv knew d yorubas r buried wit their glasses on

That is a silly comment by a bigot nairalander.AWO CAN ONLY BE COMPROMISED WITH GREAT WORLD LEADERS LIKE ABRAHAM LINCOLN OF AMERICA, MAHTMA GANDHI OF INDIA, WINSTON CHURCHHILL OF ENGLAND, NELSON MANDELA, INKRUMAH OF GHANA ETC.
AWO OSELU BABA IKENNE.R.I. P.

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by driand(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Great man
Tinubu can never be like him
He's to corrupt to be like baba Awo
tinubu has achieved far far greater things than the suicidal, tinubu is regarded as master of politics in Africa but awo was master of slander in S.W Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by eazisky(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2015
Henry22:

OJUKWU was never and will never be a nigerian, havn't you heard of THE GREAT BIAFRAN WAR LORD THAT SHOOK nigeria to its tail end? Thats who he was.

Shook nigeria u said? by running to cotdivoir? leaving his soldiers to die?

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by olaniyanc: 7:50am On May 04, 2015
olaniyanc:

That is a silly comment by a bigot nairalander.AWO CAN ONLY BE COMPARED WITH GREAT WORLD LEADERS LIKE ABRAHAM LINCOLN OF AMERICA, MAHTMA GANDHI OF INDIA, WINSTON CHURCHHILL OF ENGLAND, NELSON MANDELA, INKRUMAH OF GHANA ETC.
AWO OSELU BABA IKENNE.R.I. P.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Burger01(m): 7:51am On May 04, 2015
BlackTechnology:

The worst mistake a man can make is to know the truth and go against the Truth
Exactly. Like some shameless saTANoids here on nairalandundecided

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Ujupsy: 7:54am On May 04, 2015
4stylz:

I am not igbo but ojukwu had a vision which many Nigerians cannot see; someday we will know that one nigeria is by force; hausas don't give a fu*ck about anybody; their's is just power!!

We are just hiding behind a crooked smile deceiving ourselves with comfab that there is love in Nigeria.
You are on point brother, lots out there are just ignorant

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by eazisky(m): 7:56am On May 04, 2015
XRAY21:
Even this man was corrupt ,he went to jail for using government money to support this party just like our present day Tinubu. all yoruba are thief

And the 2 trillion jonathan and pdp candidate in south east used for campaign belongs to ur wreched dad abi? mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerian Govt Demands Two Major Things From South Africa / Stop Using Me For Comedy, Buhari Warns Nigerians / Lucky Obire: How Kenneth Gbagi Brutalized Me In 2019 - Ex Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.