Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? (46645 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dated Her Husband For 8 Years Without Sex (Photos) / What Does A Guy Gain In A No Sex Relationship? / How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 08, 2015
tosyne2much:
. I congratulate you for being a lady

That aside, who the hell discuss if he's going to have sex with a lady or not before going into a relationship ?

Pls how old are you ?

I don't see what's so bad about saying: "Look, I've decided to wait till marriage. I know it's hard for you to accept this but it's my decision not to take such a risk before marriage and I stand by it. If you can't agree to this, then maybe we're not meant for each other".

If you're mature enough to go into a relationship, you should also be mature enough to know what you want from the relationship (marriage, mere companionship, sex or whatever) and communicate with your partner to know if they share a similar desire or not.

[size=5pt]And I turned 19 last month.[/size]
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Alaanyihaji(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2015
That's the problem. Of all attributes of a woman, the physical attraction is key. When the lady always says "no you can't" to the physical overtures of the guy, the problem starts.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Sermwell(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2015
Velocitron:
I don't think just 'cause you're in a relationship, you're entitled to your partner's body, neither are you entitled to demanding gifts.

Personally, I intend on staying a virgin until marriage. Not for my husband or anyone else, but I believe I'm doing a favour to myself. Sex is a huge deal. It's practically the power of creation right there in your hands [size=4pt]or your genitals grin[/size] and it's a risk I'd be happy to take in the safety of marriage.

However, it's always important to set boundaries of a relationship early on. It's better to tell your partner early on that you just want a romantic relationship rather than a physical/sexual one or vice-versa. And if it doesn't sit well with your partner, let them find someone who wants the same thing they do, and you do the same.
You cannot eat your cake and have it my dear undecided if you know that you aren't ready for sex stay away from dem boiz and any form of romance. As My grandma would say..."If you no dey chop bushmeat, no use your teeth share am for children!
But personally, I think virginity is overated!! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by cacao(m): 5:18pm On May 08, 2015
If you need sex then go and marry, money you are wasting on the lady that you have turn to harlot by demanding for sex for every gift, she did not know that you were paying her for sex in advance. Must you buy death with your money and gift.
Sex was created by God and is only allowed in marriage, any act of sex outside marriage is a criminal offence.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by bruno419(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2015
Everydaeguy:
salvation
grin
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by bruno419(m): 5:24pm On May 08, 2015
Everydaeguy:
a lot,you'l be in good terms with your maker,u'l be spiritually strong,u'l attain your destiny at the right time,whatever u ask your maker he shall provide for you,you'l be righteous and clean b4 ur maker....what else could one want

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by dagentility(f): 5:24pm On May 08, 2015
bettercreature:
There is nothing like a relationship without sex,if your girl friend refused to have sex with you pls pick race,you are just ATM machine
For christ sake,must everything be about sex, pre-marital sex for that matter. Geez
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Westlife2013(m): 5:25pm On May 08, 2015
Bash me not oo!! My own opinion is that the girl is taking advantage over the guy. Its obvious she isn't a wife material cz she can manage with her bf then she'll do the same with her husby. And another thing sex destroys relationship, dey claim it brings them closer yes it does when they are married but in a relationship it gives birth to unecessary jealousy, anger, disgust and kills trust. That's why the bible condemns fornication cz the end is always bad. Imagine having sex with you partner for the first time after your wedding,,,damn!! It would feel so special and wonderful, the bond would be so unbreakable

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 08, 2015
is relationship all about sex ?
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by InZA: 5:29pm On May 08, 2015
Velocitron:
I don't think just 'cause you're in a relationship, you're entitled to your partner's body, neither are you entitled to demanding gifts.

Personally, I intend on staying a virgin until marriage. Not for my husband or anyone else, but I believe I'm doing a favour to myself. Sex is a huge deal. It's practically the power of creation right there in your hands [size=4pt]or your genitals grin[/size] and it's a risk I'd be happy to take in the safety of marriage.

However, it's always important to set boundaries of a relationship early on. It's better to tell your partner early on that you just want a romantic relationship rather than a physical/sexual one or vice-versa. And if it doesn't sit well with your partner, let them find someone who wants the same thing they do, and you do the same.

Brilliantly said. Good word.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by pak: 5:33pm On May 08, 2015
missclasssy:
A relatioship should never be a parasitic one where one partner feeds and gains at the expense of the other.
It should be a symbiotic one which benefits both parties.

The primary reason for attraction is the defining factor as regards this issue.
If all that attracts a guy to a lady is her sexual appeal, then I don't see why he would be expecting to gain something else from her.

There are other things that should attract a guy towards a lady, such as the level of education she has attained, her wit, a talent she has, the way she relates with people, a vocational skill she has acquired, her wealth, etc.
When the some of aforementioned is used as criteria for attraction coupled with her physical attributes, then definitely there wouldn't be need to ask this question.

This actually made sense in the ideal but practically, its a long shot.
Apart from the issue of marriage and sex, most ladies have nothing to offer to men in their lives

Although there are exceptions, I have once dated a lady who was more serious academically way back in school, sex was totally off the agenda. That was the first time I broke the 4 point barrier back then.
I hope to find another exceptional case soon.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:
It depends on the girl you have. A guy can gain lots apart from sex. For a girl that is jovial and cheerful, she makes a Good friend and she gives you happiness. It might mean little to "sexaholic" but it's a big thing to have. Also some girls are catalyst to their men, they give connections which the guy cannot dream of on his own, they stand as motivation to the guy.
Now, for a guy that knows what he wants in a relationship, he can never miss sex if not given. The urge might come in sometimes due to our nature but it won't be a factor.

#strictly for the matured minds#
GOD bless ur matured mind
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by dagentility(f): 5:35pm On May 08, 2015
Nowadays chastity have gone to the dogs.
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 08, 2015
kingcity:
GOD bless ur matured mind

Amen my Fellow
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by SethJr: 5:40pm On May 08, 2015
@OP!! But ele yiii gidi gan. So if I may ask, Wht do ppl really gain in s3x?
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by InZA: 5:45pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:
It depends on the girl you have. A guy can gain lots apart from sex. For a girl that is jovial and cheerful, she makes a Good friend and she gives you happiness. It might mean little to "sexaholic" but it's a big thing to have. Also some girls are catalyst to their men, they give connections which the guy cannot dream of on his own, they stand as motivation to the guy.
Now, for a guy that knows what he wants in a relationship, he can never miss sex if not given. The urge might come in sometimes due to our nature but it won't be a factor.

Well said.
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by ElFenomeno1: 5:46pm On May 08, 2015
missclasssy:
A relatioship should never be a parasitic one where one partner feeds and gains at the expense of the other.

If all that attracts a guy to a lady is her sexual appeal, then I don't see why he would be expecting to gain something else from her.

There are other things that should attract a guy towards a lady, such as the level of education she has attained, her wit, a talent she has, the way she relates with people, a vocational skill she has acquired, her wealth, etc.
When the some of aforementioned is used as criteria for attraction coupled with her physical attributes, then definitely there wouldn't be need to ask this question.
Priceless.
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 08, 2015
SethJr:
@OP!! But ele yiii gidi gan. So if I may ask, Wht do ppl really gain in s3x?
good question

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 08, 2015
InZA:

Well said.

Bows

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by newspostng(m): 6:01pm On May 08, 2015
bruno419:
She wants you to recharge her phone, pay her hair bills, flex, go shopping, yet she says she is keeping for her husband sad sad

My question is, what will the guy benefit?

the answer is nothing. A guy gains nothing in a relationship without sex.most especially when the relationship leads to nothing. better not to be in a relationship atall or spend your money on whoresssss than going into a relationship without sex.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Sunshinelady(f): 6:02pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

. U are truelly a 'mature mind'. Dats y its not gud to run after outward qualities, som guys are huge, handsome rich, but d way d reason eh? U will be amazed! Funi thin is, its even d guys dat dont take sex as a do or die affair, dat most (reasonable) grls are most attracted to. Most important thin about dating is to date som1 dat wants d same thins u want & thinks d way u tink, dat way there wont be trouble along d way
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by vickylala239: 6:08pm On May 08, 2015
missclasssy:

You are right but u speak Mre Lik a lady,Dats Wat makes u different from a guy.

Imagine ur writing xamz, ur lecturer look @ ur wrk why ur writing in d hall,he says ur intelligent Bt this not how to pass xamz here.

Wat am trying to say is Dat ur post is correct but cumin down to reality is wrong.

Incase u Dnt knw any guy Dat tells u he Dnt Lik sex is lying and pretending.u gels should knw this.I swear if u Hv a boyfrnd and he say he Dnt wanna do,check him well.

@ this point sex is number 1 for guys,judging from the majority, Cuz Sum guys here will jump up and say is wrong,Bt check anoda thread they are the Once begging chicks for deir number,following dem.

For Example try checking pretty gels pics on this thread and see d vast majority of guys following this gels n compare to gels following guys.

Ask yourself y are this guys following gels Dey maynt Evn see.

Nw as for gels money is there number one,u may say my bf is Nt Dat rich,cn u calculate d amount you Hv collected,both eating,cards,phone etc.Xpecially if ur a type Dat pretend Dat u Dnt ask knowing he will gv u n u cnt say no.

Wat Hv u given to ur bf ofcuz a guy cnt ask u for phone,cards or xpensv gifts.d only tin u cn gv is sex noting more.

Vast majority of gels use guys a source of deir revenue. Mst of d gels live above their standard on guys income.Mst of d guys hustle Vry few gels do dis.

Mst gels r poor,So the issue of wealth is out of it.or u wan go date woman Wey alhaji Dey finance?
or Evn d So call rich gels still obtain from poor boyfrnd. And we all knw gels and giving out are enemies.they Rada collect Dan gv.

Or Na intelligence or hardworking u go gv am?

let's be real.the only tin u as a gel cn gv is sex n for guys money.

(Kiss all errors n mistks )

5 Likes

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by maryhaam(f): 6:08pm On May 08, 2015
prinzcaleb:
It should be 50-50, because if not for sex why will I toast a girl in the first place?
really that interesting
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 08, 2015
Sunshinelady:
. U are truelly a 'mature mind'. Dats y its not gud to run after outward qualities, som guys are huge, handsome rich, but d way d reason eh? U will be amazed! Funi thin is, its even d guys dat dont take sex as a do or die affair, dat most (reasonable) grls are most attracted to. Most important thin about dating is to date som1 dat wants d same thins u want & thinks d way u tink, dat way there wont be trouble along d way

Sunshine in my soul today..... Nothing to say! ANY MORE COMMENT MIGHT BE WORDS OF TOASTING AND GISTING THOU

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by NewsHub: 6:14pm On May 08, 2015
missclasssy:

The most sensible comment i have read. Is sex all there is to a relationship?
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by natnoble(m): 6:16pm On May 08, 2015
u can define d relationship from d begining and u will know what you will gain while in it. if is for sex then make it obvious to her before it get too far vice versa

1 Like

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by natnoble(m): 6:16pm On May 08, 2015
u can define d relationship from d begining and u will know what you will gain while in it. if is for sex then make it obvious to her before it get too far vice versa.
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Sunshinelady(f): 6:16pm On May 08, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I make a clear distinction between a relationship and a friendship. I have female friends, and I expect them to reciprocate back the investment I make in them with my time, money, contacts and larger social circles, my wisdom, etc in the same way; though may not be in the same measure. That is the benefit of friendship. I spend for you, you spend for me. I am not friends with people who do not understand this law of reciprocal giving. I also do not expect sex from people I call my friends.

As for a relationship, that person has a higher status to my female friends. She is the one I have intention of marrying. I have taken her by the hand and set her aside from others. Because I respect her, I will not want to demand for sex from her because she is going to be my wife and I want her to honour me when I marry her.

The problem with guys these days is that they confuse friendship with a relationship.
another wise one

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Prettydiamond(f): 6:18pm On May 08, 2015
Sex is not love. Sex is nt what makes a relationship to stand. Once dere is love, trust commitment and understanding. He has gained a lot. So 4 those who call a sexless relationship a boring one...think aback!
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by InZA: 6:19pm On May 08, 2015
The comments on this thread by those who call themselves men are as funny as they are pathetic. To think that a full grown man would be willing to exchange all his time and effort spent on a girl for sex....To think that he sees himself as duly paid when he has sex with his woman- It's just unfortunate.

I must confess, my way of thinking towards issues like this is rather unconventional.....I can't even begin to crystallize my opinions about this issue because from the trend of comments in this thread-Most of you guys won't even get it, either because y'all too ignorant or unfortunately too stuupid.

A man has nothing to do with a woman's body if he has not taken her as his wife... What's wrong with this generation of men, where did we all pick our stinking thinking from.... What makes you a man. The fact that you have a big sized cork that can breakthrough many walls? Or the fact that you can be responsible enough to be committed to a relationship where both you and your partner bring out the best in each other-This is one of the main reasons for a relationship - to make each other better, to make so much impact in each other's lives that would have never been possible by yourself individually.

The lyrics of a song done by Neo, back in the day goes along the line "I'm a movement by myself, but i'm a force when we're together".

Even the good book says it " One would chase a thousand, two would chase ten thousand"- This is what a relationship is about.

It's unfortunate that men have stooped from Kings that they are meant to be, to animalistic - sex driven morons. This is summarily unfortunate.

I've made a pledge to be a virgin till marriage, is it difficult - Yes, has my sperm turned to thick paint- Yes, Do I see girls that make me want to tear my boxers- Yes... But is it all worth it- Yes and Yes.

As I said before, I don't expect this ideal to resonate with anybody here on the thread but the thing is "Error does not become truth by multiplied propagation, neither does truth become false because nobody sees it."

Deuces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by NewsHub: 6:20pm On May 08, 2015
@OP. Is sex all thers is to a relationship? Must a guy and a girl in a relationship have sex? The world has really turned unpside down. So sex from a girl you are dating is now seen as dividends or payment?

To answer your question, a guy has a lot to gain from a relationship without sex. #fact
Re: What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? by Prettydiamond(f): 6:20pm On May 08, 2015
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience With Girls From Imo State;;;;;:::::::::::::::: / Girl, Would You Do This For Love? (see photo) / 12 Differences Between A WIFE And A GIRLFRIEND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.