Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye (28609 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) / Hilarious But The Truth About Pastor Adeboye's Message (pics) / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Truthisit: 8:15pm On May 08, 2015
teeowl:
Adeboye should go and live in Sambisa forest to test himself.
Your parent and Pastors still have a lot to do on you!
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 08, 2015
Ass.hole.

Hollamydey:
Guy use ur brain nd stop talkin like a fool....do u knw d number of temptations he had gone tru as a Christain?
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by dapojaja(m): 8:16pm On May 08, 2015
what he's saying is that if u need or faith tested, north is a great testing ground. Bible says he that thinks he's standing bewares he does not fall.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by TI1919(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2015
When the king is a child what do you expect!

Every Christian pass through trials irrespective of there location and God is watching expecting you as a Christian to overcome that's all, whenever you're face with trial God is with you and it is expected you overcome once you fall short of that, you have not put your trust on God. So Christians in China will say they are better than christian in the US or UK. Nonsense talk.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Hollamydey(f): 8:17pm On May 08, 2015
D way some pple interprets things ehn. He never said christains in d northern region are better than others but some pple are juz typing rubbish nd insulting d man of God. I wonder if they even read d statement well b4 commenting
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 08, 2015
That does not concern you...
Truthisit:
Your parent and Pastors still have a lot to do on you!
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by mirexxx(f): 8:19pm On May 08, 2015
Krak:
Very true. It is those that have gone through the trial by fire that can really describe it.

I have been there, for twenty years of my life.
me too
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by JOKLEVIZ(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2015
Very very true... In fact over true dia u meet pple dat don't like u eye ball to eye ball fr real...
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by highmood(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2015
Now Baba have spoken what I want a true man of God to say. All those men claiming Gods own should test thier faith by going for evangelism in the north.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Hollamydey(f): 8:20pm On May 08, 2015
SONOFABITCH
teeowl:
Ass.hole.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 08, 2015
I agree. I can relate with this.

My company sent me for a professional training at the Nuclear Safety centre at the ABU. That was back in 2013. BH guys were more stupid and murderous those days.

I had gone with a colleague who hails from Sokoto. We stayed in his friend's apartment for the night. That was Zaria. The atmosphere was so tended. I was an odd one; from my looks to my dressing they could tell I wasn't from amongst them. My faith was really tested. I could not even pray or display any religious tendency different from theirs. I was really tensed. I couldn't even dare to carry my Bible around. It was that precarious.

Then it dawned on me most of us down South are just playing church; our faith has not been really tested.

I couldn't pass a second night there. The course was eventually moved to Kaduna South!

I knew what I saw and felt. I know what he's saying. People hereIin the South can miss church due to weather conditions or other reasons not too cogent!

May God help our brethren up North!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:26pm On May 08, 2015
So Daddy G.O knows what is happening .... Fear noRth
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 08, 2015
Bas.tard.
Hollamydey:
SONOFABITCH
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by cutietokunbo: 8:27pm On May 08, 2015
Ashleyma77:
This twitter handle is connected to the
church's main twitter handle @RCCGHQ so
it's his real handle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PastorEAAdeboye/status/596713380871872515

Let him go first to Sambisa forest

I was told that Pastor Adeboye drove his car without fuel in his car for couple of miles, I believed it and moved on

I was on my way back from work one beautiful afternoon, I ought to have gone to filling station to fill up my car wt gas but cos I was so much in hurry in d morning so as to get 2 work. I decided to drive d car to work straight up. However, on my way back home, I realised that fuel is less 2% and I remember what Papa did. I parked my car in faith and decided to pray that God should filled up my car with gas spiritually, I prayed and prayed.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by KAYSANTOS: 8:27pm On May 08, 2015
Are you sure he has time for all this?
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by fretnot(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2015
You must understand the context in which the statement was made. Pastor Adeboye was giving an exhortation to church workers in Jos and made the statement to encourage them to remain steadfast and also to assure them that he understood their plight. The intention here is not to deride christians living outside the North please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by shaboti: 8:34pm On May 08, 2015
Confirmer:
And you've not be tested as a muslim until you have lived in the SOUTH-EAST.
I just knew a mumu must suffice
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Uncletony(m): 8:34pm On May 08, 2015
Do u just realize that?!..wen we told u buhari & the NUT'' will islamize 9ja, u still allow that bablawo of a pastor be his runing mate!

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by UyiIredia(m): 8:36pm On May 08, 2015
That's an unwise statement.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:
If...If.... Adeboye really hold this belief then I am disappointed. So a soldier who has not been to the War front is less a soldier? Hmmmm

It's like u don't understand simple English. He never said 'less' a christian, he said 'Tested' christain. A soldier who have never been to the battle field is still not tested. This is how u pple change pple's words to make it look bad.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't have to translate for him. I know what he is saying. Lemme work with your own translation now.... tested abi? SO, THE PASTORS IN THE NORTH HAVE HIGHER MIGHT.

O boy, u get low IQ , u better do sometin abt it.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Kingharzyz(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2015
you have not been tested as a Muslim until you have lived in the south east.......wetin my eye see mouth no fit talk ...Strong discrimination embarassedyou have not been tested as a Muslim until you have lived in the south east.......wetin my eye see mouth no fit talk ...Strong discrimination

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Rapsodee(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2015
Hollamydey:
D way some pple interprets things ehn. He never said christains in d northern region are better than others but some pple are juz typing rubbish nd insulting d man of God. I wonder if they even read d statement well b4 commenting
Lolz...sum pple need divine understanding for dat statement...but truth be told the statement looks somehow.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Kingharzyz(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2015
you have not been tested as a Muslim until you have lived in the south east.......wetin my eye see mouth no fit talk ...Strong discrimination embarassed
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by oyeludef(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2015
Seems so many ppl have comprehension problem here. He is simply saying that it is tougher to b a Christian in d north ehich is absolutely true. He said tested Christians cos if a man still decides to b a Christian in d fave of death, i believe there is absolutely nothing greater to test him wit
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by smsshola(m): 8:45pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't have to translate for him. I know what he is saying. Lemme work with your own translation now.... tested abi? SO, THE PASTORS IN THE NORTH HAVE HIGHER MIGHT.

Bros u may not undestd d depth of his statement when he said tested Christian den u shu know he is not saying any one is less but to let ppu kno living in d north has to do with extra faith. I don't kno d part u ar living in Nigeria but as a Yoruba boy dt shuttling btw Lagos nd north I kno what it means to b xtain in d north nd in d west.
I av lost so many of my frnds to religious crisis in d north...hw will u explain d tragedy of bn deny ur right all bxos of ur religion.. Hw do u feel when u lost admission because u bear Emmanuel or any Christian name nd u c ur sec mate who ar Hausa cos of dey bear Muslim name nd dey ar given admission. You get what u wan by bearing Abdul...anything but u ar denied d same opportunity. If u think is because am Yoruba ask d indigenes who ar from d state yet denied juicy position cos dey Christian. During ds election and after election hw was church attendance in ur state but here d attendance were small CIA of fear of attacks from d so call Hausa Muslim.. My guy a soldier who has been to war in my opinion is diff from d one who stay in d office tru out his or her career.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by jnrbayano(m): 8:46pm On May 08, 2015
Hollamydey:
Guy use ur brain nd stop talkin like a fool....do u knw d number of temptations he had gone tru as a Christain?

Does he know mine?

How can someone make such dumb statement? Who tests christians? is it Adeboye or God? how the hell would he tell God the location he should test his own followers?

I'm not in the North and I know I have been tested over and over again, same with other millions of christians that don't reside northwards.

Peoples brains go to sleep at the mention of some names.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by kennydee05(m): 8:52pm On May 08, 2015
Very true
That is the reason why Bible say "Fear North"
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by timunstopable: 8:54pm On May 08, 2015
Pastor adeboye has always said he is not on twitter..Only his facebook page that is verified

Pple quick to quote social media but wont verify shuuuu
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:56pm On May 08, 2015
ajalaolanr:
If this statement is truly credited to baba, then these are my questions and opinion.

Has Baba lived in the north in recent times , I really would have thought if truly it's about spreading the gospel and being like paul, baba should have relocated to Borno state by now.

... The pastor never said untested christians are not good christians. he is only saying that u can't know ur strength as a christian until u are face with a life or death situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? / Apostle Johnson Suleman: 4 Herdsmen Caught Plotting Attack Close To My Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.