Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye (28606 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) / Hilarious But The Truth About Pastor Adeboye's Message (pics) / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 08, 2015
ITS LIKE SAYING.. YOU AREN'T A STREET HOMMIE UNTIL YOU VISIT JAIL.

TRASH
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 08, 2015
Gejpresident:
Islam

God why?

just check northern Nigeria, Pakistan Iran Afghanistan Syria Palestinian Yemen Somalia etc

I weep for the religion of doom
...you...missed one...and my so called fathers house...if u ain't been there...ure nt a true stain.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:02pm On May 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Does he know mine?

How can someone make such dumb statement? Who tests christians? is it Adeboye or God? how the hell would he tell God the location he should test his own followers?

I'm not in the North and I know I have been tested over and over again, same with other millions of christians that don't reside northwards.

Peoples brains go to sleep at the mention of some names.

I see you can only read things literally without thinking deep to get what meaning.. Let me help then.. The pastor is only trying to say that u can't know if u are strong as a christian until u are face with a life and death situation. He only use "North" bcus christians inda north often face such.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by elopee3000(m): 9:07pm On May 08, 2015
Ramanto:
The same way you are not a tested muslim until you have lived in the east
why is that muslims re allways afraid to say the trruth let's start from maitasine they killed up to 10000 people kaduna crisis more than 20000 people for nigeria to host most beautiful girl in world more than 100000 people killed in the north boko haram own more than one million killed in the north I pity my christian brothers in the north may God protect u people in jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Winners72(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't have to translate for him. I know what he is saying. Lemme work with your own translation now.... tested abi? SO, THE PASTORS IN THE NORTH HAVE HIGHER MIGHT.
Chai you no go school at all.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by jnrbayano(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

I see you can only read things literally without thinking deep to get what meaning.. Let me help then.. The pastor is only trying to say that u can't know if u are strong as a christian until u are face with a life and death situation. He only use "North" bcus christians inda north often face such.

So if I have been tested to give up christianity in a life and death scenario elsewhere (in a location that is not North) I am not a tested christian?
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by kellyJames5(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2015
Very true!
I used to tell people the real christians in this country are those in the North.
Not those in the South or West.

(God forbid)but should a bomb go off in a church in the South or West this sunday,next sunday everybody will worship in his house. they would tell you that God answer them in the house also.

But in the North,despite all the atrocities been committed against them,they still stood their ground,you'd see a church ravaged by bomb,next minute they are rebuilding it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Chanchit: 9:11pm On May 08, 2015
Make baba sef shift hin HQ go north if na so e easy.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

So if I have been tested to give up christianity in a life and death scenario elsewhere (in a location that is not North) I am not a tested christian?

The "North" there signifies "life and death scenario". Now go back to the pastor's tweet, remove the words ' live in the north' and replace it with 'been in a life and death scenario'. You got it now
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by thinkingimpact: 9:20pm On May 08, 2015
Conceptually, what message is Pastor Adeboye trying to convey here? Perhaps he's technically asking the poor Christians to remain in the affected area of the North? This apparently is an egocentric statement by the so-called man of God. This criterion must first be practiced by him at the point in time not by sipping the richly brewed tea in a near .5km/second jet to London in order to sell Mr Cameron(a gay activist) to the hundreds of thousands of his followers. Or by sitting on the Italian crafted sofa evaluating the millions of dollars stashed somewhere in Switzerland.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by DrBulalaa(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2015
Before you spill trash please take note of the adjective "Tested"

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Yeeyo: 9:28pm On May 08, 2015
No doubt ova it,especial maiduguri yola, yobe bauchi...
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by thinkingimpact: 9:29pm On May 08, 2015
DrBulalaa:
Before you spill trash please take note of the adjective "Tested"

That prompts the question: Is Mr Adeboye a tested Christian?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 08, 2015
Hmm,daddy posted this both on his facebook page n twitter,well i dnt fully undastnd d meaning o
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 08, 2015
Winners72:

Chai you no go school at all.

Lol
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by raymondclothing(m): 9:37pm On May 08, 2015
Gejpresident:
Islam

God why?

just check northern Nigeria, Pakistan Iran Afghanistan Syria Palestinian Yemen Somalia etc

I weep for the religion of doom
oga o,see as u talk, well i no blame u, u dont have knowledge about what u say
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 08, 2015
smsshola:

Bros u may not undestd d depth of his statement when he said tested Christian den u shu know he is not saying any one is less but to let ppu kno living in d north has to do with extra faith. I don't kno d part u ar living in Nigeria but as a Yoruba boy dt shuttling btw Lagos nd north I kno what it means to b xtain in d north nd in d west.
I av lost so many of my frnds to religious crisis in d north...hw will u explain d tragedy of bn deny ur right all bxos of ur religion.. Hw do u feel when u lost admission because u bear Emmanuel or any Christian name nd u c ur sec mate who ar Hausa cos of dey bear Muslim name nd dey ar given admission. You get what u wan by bearing Abdul...anything but u ar denied d same opportunity. If u think is because am Yoruba ask d indigenes who ar from d state yet denied juicy position cos dey Christian. During ds election and after election hw was church attendance in ur state but here d attendance were small CIA of fear of attacks from d so call Hausa Muslim.. My guy a soldier who has been to war in my opinion is diff from d one who stay in d office tru out his or her career.

I understand your perspective
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by ErepaTV: 9:38pm On May 08, 2015
Those of us wey dey Syria nko
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 08, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

O boy, u get low IQ , u better do sometin abt it.

Noted mate
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 08, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

It's like u don't understand simple English. He never said 'less' a christian, he said 'Tested' christain. A soldier who have never been to the battle field is still not tested. This is how u pple change pple's words to make it look bad.

Okay
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by poiu77: 9:45pm On May 08, 2015
Any Godly person, who know the lord, will do the right thing. It is what we do, that tell people if God is really in us.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2234288_nigeriamapm_gif5b95b9e7653cc4679b3e3a395d6d9fe2
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by 36STATES: 9:47pm On May 08, 2015
tchidi:
I am presently at this program!! Hiding inside our church bus cos cold wan finish me. embarassed embarassed embarassed
God bless this man for us!
#inChristAlone.

This was just one part of a series of statements. Reading it alone, you may not get the picture.

Cold go kill you there. Mumu. You're there raising money for a 419 pastor. Have you seen Yoruba attending Igbo man church before?
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by ResourceMan(m): 9:54pm On May 08, 2015
Pastor Adeboye please lead by example relocate your headquarters to Kaduna, Kano or Maiduguri.
I hate hypocrisy with a passion. This are christian ministers who know the truth, but out of political correctness you see them dumb without fighting for the cause of Northetn Christian. Catholics, Protestants and pentecostal christians have failed Northern Christians. The only true Christian leader in Nigeria is Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor.
Northern Christians are the true Christians, they are the defenders of the faith in Nigeria. Southern christians are baby christians and majorly hypocrites. If God forbid Northern Christians are overrun by the impending jihad in the coming days (it is on already), the jihardists will have a field day in the south (enough free sex slaves)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by charlsecy(m): 9:55pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:
If...If.... Adeboye really hold this belief then I am disappointed. So a soldier who has not been to the War front is less a soldier? Hmmmm
He didn't say they are not Christians; he said they are untested.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 08, 2015
charlsecy:

He didn't say they are not Christians; he said they are untested.

Okay
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 08, 2015
...And you are not a TESTED man of God until you have held your crusades and retreats in the North East part of Nigeria especially Borno state...
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On May 08, 2015
Has he lived in the North?

Anyways get where he is coming from.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by chimichael05: 10:02pm On May 08, 2015
Pastor Adeboye is not a tested pastor until he hold a three days crusade in iraq and a night vigil in syria.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 08, 2015
36STATES:

Cold go kill you there. Mumu. You're there raising money for a 419 pastor. Have you seen Yoruba attending Igbo man church before?

Why are you so pained? undecided undecided undecided
What church is 'igbo' and 'yoruba' church??
I serve a God who doesn't have any tribe so keep your wahala to yourself. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by zenith4biz(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2015
You will not understand except you come over to the NORTH

even the Muslims from the south are not rendered to as original Muslim talk less of a Christian.

Let me shock uou

I was teaching my pupils during this week and I asked them that what would they tell Allah on judgement day for being disobedient to their teacher

I was shocked when one of my pupil said to my face that it's because I am a Christian.

If you live in the north you don't need Oracle to tell you that Islam is a religion of Hatred

4 Likes

Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by Ashleyma77(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2015
shammah1:
You people should stop misinterpreting Pastor wrongly. The OP that posted this here is ridiculous. That's unfair. Why didnt you post his other tweets that relates to his sermon?

Hypocrisy

hypocrisy?.hear yourself out.I posted a tweet he put up some hours ago.it was not done to stir up anyone.what papa said is self explanatory,so stop playing defence.
Re: You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye by ResourceMan(m): 10:19pm On May 08, 2015
chimichael05:
Pastor Adeboye is not a tested pastor until he hold a three days crusade in iraq and a night vigil in syria.
What are you saying? What is he going to do in Syria or Iraq?
Tell him to hold a crusade in Kano or Maiduguri.Sincerely southern christian leaders are bloody hypocrites except Pastor Oritsejafor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Strictly Supernatural!!! / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.