Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' (49685 Views)

Ladies! Do You Prefer A Struggling Man Or An Already-made Man? See Replies / They Sleep With Girls To Take Their Star & Leave Them Struggling All Their Lives / Ladies.. Already Made Guy Or Young Ambitious Guy... Who Will You Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by badboyphc: 1:17pm On May 16, 2015
That's why I just hit and run. No time.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Qmab: 1:19pm On May 16, 2015
ronald4lif:
Nice one bruv.

I subscribe to your line of reasoning. It is advisable for a guy who's still struggling not to focus on a relationship and fall for the deceit called love. Love without money is not worth it. It gets you distracted from pursuing your goals and drain your scarce resources.

A relationship can't survive without money and that girl you're spending your little money and investing on today could dump your ass tomorrow for your age mates who had their priorities right while you were deceiving yourself with love.

Love won't pay the bills either now or after you're married so why waste your time when you can make something meaningful out of life now. That girl you're spending on will only succeed in ruining you up. It is on record that most relationship arguments and divorces stem from finances and the management of the home. How would you handle that when you don't have money?.

I'm not dismissing the importance of a woman in a man's life but priorities need to be set right. Even if one must embark on a relationship and she keeps demanding for this and that you have to quit it. Don't be manipulated by love. The chances of a woman loving you without money is very slim.

The first question I believe a man should ask himself from a girlfriend who's always demanding money from him is, what if there's no more money?. If you can answer that I believe you would know why she's in the relationship with you.
i agree with some points of the OP. shunning love or romance doesn't totally guarantee your success, or does it. Relationships, making money, making name for oneself, are many of the things we r set to accomplish in life. Ability to juggle it all determines the overall success of a man. Circumventing of issues won't.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by REMMEI(m): 1:20pm On May 16, 2015
Acidosis:
Lol

I used to share the same reasoning with OP until I realise success has no definition.

Whether you earn 20k or 150k, you'll always see a woman who would love you and ready to settle with you. I've come to realise no amount of money is ever enough. smiley

Set your target at N200k/monthly, by the time you reach your target, the trickle down effect will affect your entire life such that you'll start buying perfume worth N50k. At that stage, you'll realise N200k is no longer enough to settle down... and the trend continues. Its basic economics- human wants are insatiable.

Telling a level '08 NSCDC officer or level '08 F.G Teacher of N27 years old to forget love and face hustling is like telling him to delay his offspring. Even if you hustle and sweat, you can't rise above the stipulated years for promotion.

The aforementioned principle applies to our everyday life; you just cannot run faster than destiny - it can only be delayed.

Also I think your write-up should be directed at students. A guy of 24+ should never forget love. If LOVE is a distraction, what do you call CLUBBING, WOMANISING, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Play Station, Android Tweaks, BBM, FACEBOOK?

I think its better to settle down with a reasonable lady and remain faithful. Those who miss it are those who spend carelessly to impress a thousand and random girls in exchange for s e x. Spending on 'A' lover shouldn't distract anyone. I don't know where some of you meet your girls, but I know there are reasonable ones out there who hardly make demands. In fact some don't ask!

If a young man can't find love, remember the destiny of your offspring lies in your hands! You wouldn't want to settle down with an o l o s h o at old age. Imagine driving your kids to Montessori academy at age 50 when your mates' are already playing with grand children around the house - all in the name of hustling as if we can make all the money in the world.

In summary, hard work pays but it doesn't pay everyone equally; likewise, relationship pays, but not all survive the accompanying impediments.

Now matured minds and like minds are falling in..smiley

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Adaeze003(f): 1:20pm On May 16, 2015
I think it's absolutely silly for everyone to think and act the same way. So,suggesting one path for all is uhm... silly as well.

My friend posted a picture of the wedding yesterday with a tag "men just make money, leave girls" or something like that and I thought to ask him why he's not towing the same line? The same dude has a girlfriend and they seem happy together so what point is he tryna pass along? Then he replied with a "lol". undecided

In reality, to each his own! No matter how much you nairaland guys try to paint Nigerian girls as dumb and materialistic, you know that's not true, you know they're girls that are different. Well if you don't, you better know it now.

Let me just ask, how will you feel say in 15 years when you strike gold, have a mansion with cars and you realize that the damsel you wake up to everyday is only there coz of what you are and not necessarily who you are? If you wouldn't mind then by all means... pursue money alone.

Now, this is not to say you should run after various gals or focus your resources on a gal. That's just silly as well. Just live with an open mind, if love comes, you nurse it and grow with your partner or at least, that's what i'd do.

All in all... to each, his own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Jambsupport(f): 1:22pm On May 16, 2015
I tried to get d logic in ds post buh i found none

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Chivee(f): 1:22pm On May 16, 2015
naijaboiy:
So how Long do wee need to keep "Hustling" and "struggling" before we start finding love?

Some people's success may meet them when they are 40 years or even older. Is that when they should begin to talk about settling down to love someone and marry?

Does Love wait for someone?

This write-up is flawed to me.
Valid question...

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Fizz29(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2015
After going through a lot of the comments, i think it's high time i started loving my girl as much as i should.
Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:27pm On May 16, 2015
Mintayo:

That's why I don't support dating, courtship is more like it, a man shouldn't spend excessively on a woman He is not yet married too, a courtship is a knowing phase, and relationship is a mutual thing, why should you spend excessively on a lady that you are not married to?
Getting married at age 45 is not it, when most of your youthful years are long gone!
Also there are still ladies out there who will stick to a man come What may!
Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Dollyak(f): 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
I disagree with your write up. there are a thousand one girls out there, willing to love and swim the red sea with a hardworking broke dude.
As long as he is hardworking, I will stick with him because I know someday Oluwa go reason him matter.
Aww that is nice. I love your positive outlook.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 16, 2015
Since Nigerian ladies are materialistic, guys should start looking outside Nigeria for non-materialistic ladies.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by lovaleenny(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2015
Acidosis:
Lol

I used to share the same reasoning with OP until I realise success has no definition.

Whether you earn 20k or 150k, you'll always see a woman who would love you and ready to settle with you. I've come to realise no amount of money is ever enough. smiley

Set your target at N200k/monthly, by the time you reach your target, the trickle down effect will affect your entire life such that you'll start buying perfume worth N50k. At that stage, you'll realise N200k is no longer enough to settle down... and the trend continues. Its basic economics- human wants are insatiable.

Telling a level '08 NSCDC officer or level '08 F.G Teacher of N27 years old to forget love and face hustling is like telling him to delay his offspring. Even if you hustle and sweat, you can't rise above the stipulated years for promotion.

The aforementioned principle applies to our everyday life; you just cannot run faster than destiny - it can only be delayed.

Also I think your write-up should be directed at students. A guy of 24+ should never forget love. If LOVE is a distraction, what do you call CLUBBING, WOMANISING, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Play Station, Android Tweaks, BBM, FACEBOOK?

I think its better to settle down with a reasonable lady and remain faithful. Those who miss it are those who spend carelessly to impress a thousand and random girls in exchange for s e x. Spending on 'A' lover shouldn't distract anyone. I don't know where some of you meet your girls, but I know there are reasonable ones out there who hardly make demands. In fact some don't ask!

If a young man can't find love, remember the destiny of your offspring lies in your hands! You wouldn't want to settle down with an o l o s h o at old age. Imagine driving your kids to Montessori academy at age 50 when your mates' are already playing with grand children around the house - all in the name of hustling as if we can make all the money in the world.

In summary, hard work pays but it doesn't pay everyone equally; likewise, relationship pays, but not all survive the accompanying impediments.

U too make sense...1BILLION LIKES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by castro316: 1:34pm On May 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
........, willing to love and swim the red sea with a hardworking broke ass dude.
As long as he is hardworking, I will stick with him because I know someday Oluwa go reason him matter.

In theory not in practical. Some ladies although they stay faithful to a man... they make his life a living hell judging from the married lives of their friends. Peer pressure is something u can't separate in the lives of ladies. For me be comfortable first so that u don't make urself a liability to ur wife.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 16, 2015
agarawu23:
nice one rapmoney.

I am in support of your write up But I want us to look it from another angle.

I am not in support of a young hustling guy spending lavishly on a Lady he is yet to marry but that doesn't mean he should not fall in love.(he should apply sense)

If he finally forget about ladies, chase his dream and later succeed, how will he find true love ? (no be our girls of nowadays? Ferrari things grin)

What if the guy is not destined to be rich? I am sure he will still settle down with one (though she might not be his dream girl)

We have few ladies who don't care if a guy is rich or poor, all they want is true love (bros I still dey find them o grin)

U go find tire

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by agarawu23(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2015
sauceny:

U go find tire
grin
Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 16, 2015
millionboi:
hmmmm.....2harsh

.....not really my guy. If Oshibaba was a petty trader under Ojuelegba bridge, would the Pretty Etihad Air hostess have accepted dating him let alone being his wify?

Truth be told....no woman is ready to suffer cool

Work hard, invest, save 4 the FUTURE and worship your God. You will marry a woman of your CHOICE tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by TashaPi: 1:49pm On May 16, 2015
Jambsupport:
I tried to get d logic in ds post buh i found none

The logic if this is that some dude probably got dumped flat on his #$! And he came up with a nice write up on why broke $#! Dudes should work hard to get and keep a good looking, hard working woman happy. And some other dudes think women should feed them, oh ny bad, support their brokeness. And some chick thinks we should struggle with them. Meanwhile, no one remembers the left behinds after the struggle. Do u get the logic yet?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by jamex93(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2015
1miccza:

I think say na only me o

no b only u
no b only us
am sure we plenty

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Cnachy(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2015
Please tell them

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by holysaint1(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2015
Adaobi12:

She left you doesn't mean, another lady will do the same. We all are not the same, so you shouldn't generalize. I know many men that are eating on a dinning table today with ladies they drank garri with on the bare floor years bk. Nkechi didn't stay doesn't mean that Nkiru will do the same.

u just dnt undastand.. Do u..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by kayoptimist: 1:53pm On May 16, 2015
@ d end of d day ur writeup is jez ur opinion n not a general manual.......By d way who say a lady can't be independent on her own, der diff side to love issues...dnt use one story to jugde anoda, a young smart dude hustling can combine love n hustle. Xo if u can't jez lockup n follow ur opinion..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by megacool360(m): 1:57pm On May 16, 2015
Well Op, i think the truth remains that there isn't one true formular or hard and fast rule to having and keeping a relationship. What works for Mr A could be the bane of Mr B vis-a-vis. Many guys started relationships while having nothing and it didnt ruin them, infact, they ended up coming good in life with the support of their partners. Many others too did toe the same line and regretted doing it. So it's a thing applying wisdom. A dude should know if a relationship he's into is on the right track or the opposite hence whether to keep or quit it.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Kingsasian(m): 1:59pm On May 16, 2015
ronald4lif:
Nice one bruv.

I subscribe to your line of reasoning. It is advisable for a guy who's still struggling not to focus on a relationship and fall for the deceit called love. Love without money is not worth it. It gets you distracted from pursuing your goals and drain your scarce resources.

A relationship can't survive without money and that girl you're spending your little money and investing on today could dump your ass tomorrow for your age mates who had their priorities right while you were deceiving yourself with love.

Love won't pay the bills either now or after you're married so why waste your time when you can make something meaningful out of life now. That girl you're spending on will only succeed in ruining you up. It is on record that most relationship arguments and divorces stem from finances and the management of the home. How would you handle that when you don't have money?.

I'm not dismissing the importance of a woman in a man's life but priorities need to be set right. Even if one must embark on a relationship and she keeps demanding for this and that you have to quit it. Don't be manipulated by love. The chances of a woman loving you without money is very slim.

The first question I believe a man should ask himself from a girlfriend who's always demanding money from him is, what if there's no more money?. If you can answer that I believe you would know why she's in the relationship with you.
a round of applause

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by abbey621(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2015
I completely disagree with the OP, sometimes love is what pushes us beyond our limitations. Nigerians really need to leave this mentality of men are providers, women are receivers. It no longer works that way, young men should not forget about love but rather they should seek the type of woman that can bring something to the table. If you are constantly providing for a woman, she becomes a liability and the relationship becomes parasitic but if such a woman can contribute positively to your life either financially, emotionally or physically then it's a win-win situation and you'll see her as an asset. Consider a case of two lovers, one is blind and the other is deaf, if the relationship is to work out, they must be able to assist each other, they become one, inseparable and efficient. This is the ideal relationship, all other type of relationships comes at a price with some more costly than others. Money without love is pointless yet love without money is limited and only a wise person can balance the two!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 16, 2015
This is so true men.
Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by tanimola22: 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
StealthIdeals:
@Adaobi12, It's a lie. Whoever makes you believe girls can be reasonable about hardworking stance is deceiving you. I'm earning a peanut salary in my current job. Because of that, a girl that claimed she loved me started acting strange. I showed her a project I started with one international firm that can land me in millions of naira, she didn't believe it until she left. The firm just contacted me that the work is 60% completed, and gave me some specifications. My respect for her was so high that I agreed with her when she said no sex before marriage. She said she would endure a thousand years of rain 'cause of me. Now if I make it at last, do you think I will have any vestige of feelings left for her? I will rather embark on a race of revenge, not against only her, but also the entire women folk.

Bros, in case you're a christian, please revenge is not allowed. Forget and move up. Humans must mess up, na God sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
holysaint1:

u just dnt undastand.. Do u..
. I do. perfectly

Come to think of it, its not just a man that is meant to be financially stable. Why he is working hard for his money, I too will do the same. that way no one will be a liability to each other.

Like I said before, there are still good and hardworking ladies out there willing to stay faithful and sweat it out with that hard working broke dude. Though they might be few. Good things are not easy to come get.

Looking at it from another angle, how many of our young men these days are hardworking?
Most of them lazy around all day, With a cheap android phone, bashing and creating ten things this ten that on on Nairaland, updating Oluwa bless my hustle. Why they only hustling they do is hustling for likes on instagram and Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Dollyak(f): 2:13pm On May 16, 2015
yummylookintoks:
My post might sound offensive or boasting but i just have to share my experience with Nairalanders so as to see things from different perspectives.

And tender unreserved apology to anybody that would probably find my post offensive or insensitive, most especially ladies in the house. It's what it's brothers and sisters.

My stories are quite different from what I had read or heard either online or offline in recent time even today. I have read online and heard all sort of stories offline about how guys spend money on ladies. This has made me to asked myself how come i have never experienced the same thing in my over 15 years of dating ladies.

My first relationship was when i was in JSS 3 which was in 1993 and till my retirement as a bachelor, I hardly spend my pence for ladies, they spent theirs instead.

I have dated black and white girls( gorgeous and sophisticated babes) but none has ever asked me for money. The only moments i spent my money on behalf of ladies are those moments in stores, buying tube Youghurt, Lubricant and Condoms for our maximum pleasure.

You might choose not to believe what i am about to say but it's nothing but unrefined truth. 100% of my past girlfriends do the spending from wines to any outing expenses. I m so used to it that fuelling my car became the responsibility of any of them with me at the point of going out.

And guess what, I am not d type that call ladies on the phone. It's either you do the calling as girlfriends or quit, its your choice. My family members have talked to me about this call thing but trust me I just can't be bothered. One thing I hate most in my life is talking on the phone; it's the most tedious task on earth for me; phobia for it.

I found happiness in myself without any emotional attachment with any lady but I am very very good person in terms of my relationship with ladies as long as money wasn't involved.

I AM YET TO SEE A LADY ASKING ME FOR MONEY.
And then you woke up from your sleep.
In the unlikely odds of this being true, It seems you are dating down. So step up and see if any big girl will labour in a relationship while you bring nothing to the table.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Akinsnaira: 2:14pm On May 16, 2015
Simple rule to counter this ugly dilemma of 'no money no love', is never date a lady that is below your standard for any reason, make your money while single but when it is time to settle down, don't go for a lady below your class, simple!. And who says you can't enjoy sex as much as you want while single, I'm in my late 20s but I have never been into a serious relationship in my life, But you know!.
Live your life according to the environment you found yourself, because nobody can change a society unless the society is ready for change

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by Rapmoney(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
BRILLIANT WRITE UP. The best so far on this thread. Lalasticlala pls hit this as an FP material. Our guys really need to be enlighten and emancipated from this dating slavery. Thanks o.p.
cc : misogynist2014
Thanks bro! cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by anwo247: 2:17pm On May 16, 2015
Safari29:
reasons not substantive.

what happens to destiny. what happens to the tribulation we face in life. mind you most guys who gets married late in their life wished the had gotten married earlier.
everything boils down to prayer and luck bro.
just pray you meet ur perfect match, they're outthere

Nothing like perfect match though

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by finditng: 2:26pm On May 16, 2015
The moment boiz realize that its a waste of time while building up, the better..I have decided anyways, no problem....stick to the goals..if I find love along the struggle, cool but if I don't, hmmmmmm... when I get made, no broke girl should come tell me she loves me o!.....I might woze her for real!....she better have my kind of money or her father better have to give her..... Else,....PLEASE don't love me... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' by finditng: 2:30pm On May 16, 2015
But seriously now, in all sincerity, the saddest part about dating a lady when you are down in this generation is that freelancing rubbish the girls now do.

She'll claim you the bf she loves and keep rich men/other boiz on the side...some are so draft to the point that they portray such acts as helping you because you can't care for her at the moment.....I laff in Swahili...chai...boiz don suffer....

I tinted for my friend that dared accepting that crap from a woman....I cut all ties till he got his senses right....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Didn't Know She Was A Lecturer, I Wooed Her(am I In Trouble?) / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Reveal Their Cleavages? / A Nairalander's Pre-wedding Pix That Broke The Net.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.