Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men (78336 Views)

SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / RE: 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Rich Island Guys (ajebutters) / Why The Growing Number Of Bachelors(single Men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sparkles003(f): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2015
zendy:

I fall into that category. I won't say I'm rich but I'm comfortable and I own the house I live in and I'm 30+. When you get to that stage in life, you will think seriously about settling down but unfortunately, wife material is hard to come by. I don't want to get married just for the sake of getting married because marriage can be a curse. I know many guys my age who are married but feel like they are in a nightmare which they don't know when they will wake up from. Women can be strange creatures. Some of them are good at hiding their true nature until they are married. By then, it's too late for the man. Many Nigerian women treat marriage like winning a jackpot. After saying 'I do', they regard the mans role as being their own personal "genie" who is there to grant their wishes while all they have to do is pop out kids. There are actually very few women who realise that marriage is joint effort and any problem that comes along, they just blame it on the man. All I can say is that while they say that "Husband is scarce", I say that "Wife material" is even more scarce. Rather than being with a "Dragon tailed Witch" , I would rather stay stay single or just get myself a Baby mama.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2015
[quote author=Sparkles003 post=34888639][/quote]

That's if the Gold would allow you dig it.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sparkles003(f): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2015
zendy:

I fall into that category. I won't say I'm rich but I'm comfortable and I own the house I live in and I'm 30+. When you get to that stage in life, you will think seriously about settling down but unfortunately, wife material is hard to come by. I don't want to get married just for the sake of getting married because marriage can be a curse. I know many guys my age who are married but feel like they are in a nightmare which they don't know when they will wake up from. Women can be strange creatures. Some of them are good at hiding their true nature until they are married. By then, it's too late for the man. Many Nigerian women treat marriage like winning a jackpot. After saying 'I do', they regard the mans role as being their own personal "genie" who is there to grant their wishes while all they have to do is pop out kids. There are actually very few women who realise that marriage is joint effort and any problem that comes along, they just blame it on the man. All I can say is that while they say that "Husband is scarce", I say that "Wife material" is even more scarce. Rather than being with a "Dragon tailed Witch" , I would rather stay stay single or just get myself a Baby mama.

All the points you said are all good points but it takes both parties knowing wat they truly want and being honest to each other to make a relationship or marriage work.
I ask for permission to correct your statement "that marriage can be a curse"if at your single state you already view marriage as a curse sorry to say this expect it to be that " curse" when you marry.
I am of the school of thought that believe that what you expect in a relationship or marriage is what you will accept.
For example:if you expect that all women cheat,when your woman cheats on you it won't be new to you cos you have already made provision for it by accepting that all women cheat.
So it is with marriage,if you already viewed it as a curse,it means you have made provision for it in your marriage such that when it happens you won't not bother to make it work rather you accept it and look outside.
If truly you are with someone that wants to be with you that marriage should be a blessing whether thru negative or positive times.
don't mind the epistle
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sparkles003(f): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
masterchi:
problem is the girls dont want to work and the guyz dont want them to reap where they did not sow.
I'm a lady and i work.
the problem is every one is trying to play smart.
In a country like Nigeria when you set your eyes to date a lady in her early 20s that i presume is still in school what type of work do you expect her to be doing apart from school and others.
Some men wont go for the working class may be due to inferiority complex, "misjudgement of her character from afar",etc

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Revolva(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Florblu:

Cos u ve been able to think(with ur empty skull) for gals u ve met doesn't mean guys think for all ladies.

B.....h suck my d....k dats ur talent...

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by johnmark1234(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?
I'm 36 but not yet married I will do wen I'm ready
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Youngpo413: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
lilmax:
Worthless women undecided
so worthless...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Youngpo413: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Unibenstudent:
why must u even have a companion,u should be a runs girl
she is already,the b!tch is a runz girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Youngpo413: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ctemi:
Most guys in ds category are not ready for commitment or responsibility cos they thought most ladies are gold digger
yes but in reality,most ladies are golddiggers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by curious321: 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
I recently met with a guy who fits the description. For fun, I asked him what he looks for in an ideal woman. 80% of his answer was the woman's looks. Light skinned, thin, nice shoulders, have an air about her, natural beauty, not too much makeup. 20% was personality - someone sweet and simple. I was disappointed in the answer because I felt that if the woman doesn't fit the looks department, she won't be given a second look. That's why women end up bleaching and wearing promiscuous clothing, because they understand that 80% of the time, not one will give them the time of day unless they look a certain way.

Now when it comes to personality and character, no one is perfect. For a man to believe he will find the perfect woman is unrealistic. Just as with every relationship, work needs to be put into making it work.

And just as much as it is said that women are golddiggers....men of today are way too materialistic aswell. A good woman is not her nice clothes, weave, shape or face. If men keep chasing that, they will keep getting golddiggers. Good fit - afterall, both are after plastic.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sparkles003:

I'm a lady and i work.
the problem is every one is trying to play smart.
In a country like Nigeria when you set your eyes to date a lady in her early 20s that i presume is still in school what type of work do you expect her to be doing apart from school and others.
Some men wont go for the working class may be due to inferiority complex, "misjudgement of her character from afar",etc
nice perspective but question is how many working class ladies will date a guy starting up or even one slightly below their class?
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
LAUGH out loud, cos i can tell how scared you are to face true love from a Nigerian woman

Yes o!

When I see the love of a "strong" black woman, I am so terrified, I am like ..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6_98tq4mY

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Aitee1: 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
RedBenson:

That's if the Gold would allow you dig it.

In your case where is the gold sef

The one God gave you to give to that one woman you've shared it with thousands of them already angry
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
Aitee1:

In your case where is the gold sef

The one God gave you to give to that one woman you've shared it with thousands of them already angry

That's a lie. I've not shared any gold with any women. Women try to gold-dig me but God has given me the grace to refuse it.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
craziebone:

hey guy, how far! Where on earth have you been all these while? Anyway, i don't enjoy it very much when you attack women. I only enjoy it when you attack feminists, not women.

How is London, hope fine? And how have you been coping with the feminists?

I dey o.

Me, I don't attack women. I just say it as it is.

If one says the Japenese produce very good electronic gadgets, that is not attacking the Japs.

If one says the Black race is the least developed of all races on Earth, that is not attacking the Black man.

It is just facts.

What I say about most Nigerian women are facts from experience and observation personally and from other diverse and numerous people.

Feminist on the other hand, I will attack as sharply and as hard as I can. Can't stand those c*nts for a second.

They are selfish and have a deep hatred for men. They feel men should be put in a disadvantage and even punished for being men. That to them is "equality".

The difference between the average woman and a feminist is that the average woman does not hate men. She is selfish though. It is all about "me, me, me, me" and always working towards how things would be to her advantage. They can see where injustice is towards men, but they don't care that much as long as it does not affect them. A feminist, on the other hand, climaxes when she sees that.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Aitee1: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
RedBenson:

That's a lie. I've not shared any gold with any women. Women try to gold-dig me but God has given me the grace to refuse it.

Kontinu undecided
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
olowoba:
The position some people have taken here against Nigerian women is quite unfortunate. themodernman, sagamite, brandnew2, crixusD, viciyus and the rest, I think you should rather be concerned about the increasing number of aging bachelors and spinsters rather than justify your positions.
It's funny to me that some people here are actually considering having a child out of wedlock to avoid what they have termed the "trap" called marriage. I think a lot of damage has been done to our society. Values have been lost. I am not excusing the female folks.Many of the fine "Nigerian" girls are actually materialistic. I am only saying that both parties are to be blamed EQUALLY and we urgently need a value re-orientation. That was why I created the thread.
Someone will said on the thread "marrriage is for broke men" gosh! I believe many are just using the opportunity of the internet to spew all kinds of statements. In real life, these are the same people that probably die over olthe same African women they are castigating.
We need a paradigm shift.

Concerned about wetin?

If people are not interested in marriage, how is that a problem?

One of the articles I was actually composing as my next thread on NL was about the different forms of marriages/relationships couple could have for the future. But unfortunately, due to the intellectual decline of NL, I have decided not to waste any of my intellectual material on it anymore and I have suspended that thread.

The marriage institution has been a failed institution throughout history for the 2 main participants, why should I be worried if bachelors and spinsters are not engaging in it.

As for dying over African women, trust me, I normally don't give them too much regards unless they show they are not like the majority. If they ever get out of line, I am quick to knock them back. I have this unique ability to switch from jovial and friendly to a hardknock, no nonsense murrafucker if I need to be. It comes like a brutal shock. Some girls on NL would even confirm this.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by themodernman: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sagamite:

Concerned about wetin?

If people are not interested in marriage, how is that a problem?

On of the articles I was actually composing as my next thread on NL was about the different forms of marriages/relationships couple could have for the future. But unfortunately, due to the intellectual decline of NL, I have decided not to waste any of my intellectual material on it anymore and I have suspended that thread.

The marriage institution has been a failed institution throughout history for the 2 main participants, why should I be worried if bachelors and spinsters are not engaging in it.

As for dying over African women, trust me, I normally don't give them too much regards unless the show they are not like the majority. If they ever get out of line, I am quick to knock them back. I have this unique ability to switch from jovial and friendly to a hardknock, no nonsense murrafucker if I need to. It comes like a brutal shock. Some girls on NL would even confirm this.

That's it.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
gold diggers plenty for town.this explains the reason cheesy
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sparkles003(f): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
RedBenson:

Akuko uwa
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sagamite:

Unfortunately for your dumb arsse, you do not realise there are women that don't fall into your 2 dysfunctional categories.

Says all about you and you friends you were claiming are sane and a catch. undecided
So you cannot have a civilized conversation like a normal human being? You have to turn to insults to get your points across undecided undecided. Am not surprised. You go on and on about black women's attitude but yours is even worse. Please don't quote me in future and I won't do the same. I can't stand uncivilized apes like you.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by xfire: 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
I remember meeting a guy when I used to work out in the gym. The guy used to live in London. He is 41 years old and he's yet to marry. He attributed his singleness to the materialistic nature of many Nigerian girls. He was always quick to say that Nigerian women are only after money, and very few of them are intelligent. He also talked about "the sense of entitlement" that sagamite mentioned. He said if he is ever going to get married, he would wed a white ladies. He feels that their attitude towards relationship is much better that what is obtainable here. The guy told me he has a sex mate and he's fine remaining a single guy, for life. By the way, he is very comfortable and comes from a well-to-do family.
I tried to disabuse his mind but to no avail. I hope he gets married in the future.

I know people in the oil sector who are also finding it challenging getting a life partner, most especially the ladies. These are ladies who got the job when they were not into any serious relationship. 3 to 4 years down the line, they are still single, and possibly searching. Though I must say most of them are below 30 but tending towards the mark.

There are various factors that could cause a delay in settling down. I think it may be rather unwise to be extremely opinionated on issues like this.

Sometimes, culture play a strong role. We must remember that African culture and value system on marital issues are remarkably different from that of the Western countries. The dependent nature of many African may be traced to cultural roots.

I am not arguing for or against African ladies as most have already done. I just feel the issue needs to be analysed holistically, rather than trading blames.

cheers...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Mixty: 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
So you cannot have a civilized conversation like a normal human being? You have to turn to insults to get your points across undecided undecided. Am not surprised. You go on and on about black women's attitude but yours is even worse. Please don't quote me in future and I won't do the same. I can't stand uncivilized apes like you.
Don't mind the idiiot. He goes about ranting rudely about how black women are rude and uncouth but he himself is worse - such a self-centred and wayward way of reasoning. I have been observing him. He's probably pained that many black women have rejected him in the past.
Mind you... I am a guy!

5 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by reizqatred(f): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Most guys don't know what dy want. U ask a guy to describe his ideal woman especially d so call rich guys, dia description will go like dz : tall, fair, sexy, only few will care to know if d so called sexy gal is smartm intelligent, good behaviour etc. They all jes want a trophy to display to dia frnds. So after dating so many wrong 'gals' dy jes conclude dia r no wife materials outsyd, same goes for some ladies too.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Notyourb1tch:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

So you thought you can use style to indirectly insult my family and I should be "civilized" with you?

Why? Because you think I would say "Maybe if I behave like a real man, she would be impressed"?

You know who the fck this is?

I am SAGAMITE!

If any man or woman ever step out of line, I will quickly fcking knock you back into line.

Hooodrat fuuktard, in your typical useless black skank manner, you want to bring my mother into the equation and you are expecting me to have {imitates her} a civilized conversation with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e8iAofnrw

5 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
xfire:
I remember meeting a guy when I used to work out in the gym. The guy used to live in London. He is 41 years old and he's yet to marry. He attributed his singleness to the materialistic nature of many Nigerian girls. He was always quick to say that Nigerian women are only after money, and very few of them are intelligent. He also talked about "the sense of entitlement" that sagamite mentioned. He said if he is ever going to get married, he would wed a white ladies. He feels that their attitude towards relationship is much better that what is obtainable here. The guy told me he has a sex mate and he's fine remaining a single guy, for life. By the way, he is very comfortable and comes from a well-to-do family.
I tried to disabuse his mind but to no avail. I hope he gets married in the future.

I know people in the oil sector who are also finding it challenging getting a life partner, most especially the ladies. These are ladies who got the job when they were not into any serious relationship. 3 to 4 years down the line, they are still single, and possibly searching. Though I must say most of them are below 30 but tending towards the mark.

There are various factors that could cause a delay in settling down. I think it may be rather unwise to be extremely opinionated on issues like this.

Sometimes, culture play a strong role. We must remember that African culture and value system on marital issues are remarkably different from that of the Western countries. The dependent nature of many African may be traced to cultural roots.

I am not arguing for or against African ladies as most have already done. I just feel the issue needs to be analysed holistically, rather than trading blames.

cheers...

A friend of mine says the same about that intelligence thing. He says it in a different way though.

He says black women are boring because they don't have an expansive thought process. He finds their outlook and thinking extremely narrow.

He never dates or bangs black girls though. He is one of those that has ruled them out permanently since his early 20s.

We, that have never met, keep on all saying the same thing and some girls will be saying "Oh, where do you meet this girls from". Let them continue deceiving themselves. grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mixty:

Don't mind the idiiot. He goes about ranting rudely about how black women are rude and uncouth but he himself is worse - such a self-centred and wayward way of reasoning. I have been observing him. He's probably pained that many black women have rejected him in the past.
Mind you... I am a guy!

Are you trying to suck up to her?

You are looking for a pat on the head as a "real man"? grin grin grin grin

Fooool!

Don't let me pick on you and intellectually humiliate you in front of her.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mixty:

Mind you... I am a guy!
Well I have never come across him before but he is the most myopic person I have come across on this site. Anyways I don't really care what he thinks about black women. He would be doing black women a favour by going for other races grin kiss. Ignore the child okay.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sagamite:

So you thought you can use style to indirectly insult my family and I should be "civilized" with you?

Why? Because you think I would say "Maybe if I behave like a real man, she would be impressed"?

You know who the fck this is?

I am SAGAMITE!

If any man or woman ever step out of line, I will quickly fcking knock you back into line.

Hooodrat fuuktard, in your typical useless black skank manner, you want to bring my mother into the equation and you are expecting me to have {imitates her} a civilized conversation with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e8iAofnrw
Mr Internet warrior all these rants for me cheesy cheesy. Life Really ain't that serious. Take a chill pill because to be honest you getting worked up for nothing and to someone who does not give a fk about what you think or do. Now run along child. Bye

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
Mr Internet warrior all these rants for me cheesy cheesy. Life Really ain't that serious. Take a chill pill because to be honest you getting worked up for nothing and to someone who does not give a fk about what you think or do. Now run along child. Bye

Shut the fck up ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7kb5ABsyk

But before you do, please try and pat Mixty on the head for being a good little boy real man. He is wagging his tail and salivating to get your attention and approval.

Not like if you would reward his dumb arsse with anything more than insincere compliments that is good enough to keep him keen and loyal, so he can continue his white knighting.

Or maybe you can buy him a box of soap. Guys like him needs lots of it. That would ne nicer of you.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
Well I have never come across him before but he is the most myopic person I have come across on this site. Anyways I don't really care what he thinks about black women. He would be doing black women a favour by going for other races grin kiss. Ignore the child okay.

Just noticed you have replied him.

With a little kiss.

Oh! How sweet. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He is going to be very excited tonight. cheesy

Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is all he is getting though. cheesy

Now go look for an Alpha Male that can put you in you place to bend you over and give you one. Sissy boys only get that pat on the head. They are not the type that bones your arsse.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Mixty: 12:17am On Jun 19, 2015
Sagamite:

Just noticed you have replied him.

With a little kiss.

Oh! How sweet. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He is going to be very excited tonight. cheesy

Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! Mixty! grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is all he is getting though. cheesy

Now go look for an Alpha Male that can put you in you place to bend you over and give you one. Sissy boys only get that pat on the head. They are not the type that bones your arsse.
Guy you are simply nuts cheesy cheesy
yiu are a psychopath grin You need to get your brain examined by a shrink angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Car Wash Where Ladies In Bikinis Wash Cars Opens In Kenya (Photos) / The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Dumps Boyfriend After He Kept Malice With Her For 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.